Glider poll for players here since launch

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Wait…there are WvW veterans from launch still here? According to other WvW veterans, you all left after HoT and the DBLs came out…:P

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Wait…there are WvW veterans from launch still here? According to other WvW veterans, you all left after HoT and the DBLs came out…:P

lol, yeah I guess that is the popular contention these days.

The thing about this game for me is that I will always come back. I might go on a two to three day hiatus to play PUBG or something but I will always come back to roam and run groups with my guild. People over dramatize everything, but the game is an excellent MMO and even RvR despite everything. I just want to help improve it if I can.

[varX] Limitless Potential

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’m really mixed on it. It’s downright infuriating to corner a group in their own territory when outplaying the heck out of them for them to just jump and reset. It’s basically giving everyone thief mobility potential depending on simply where the fighting takes place. Long-term, I could see this as being an issue where people would only be willing to fight in certain objectives/angles, kind of pseudo-pirate-ship style as a deadlock will be reached for attackers and defenders trying to have each give their advantageous positions. We already see this to a degree on some elevations, but I imagine it’ll get worse over time.

That said, the freedom is nice – being able to quickly move across the spawn areas – particularly in places like hills and red keep – helps people get to the action faster and reduces camping.

It definitely needs a substantial amount of work to cover up the exploits. The timeout for gliding into enemy territory needs to be made a LOT smaller to prevent these issues.

I’d probably say at the very least gliding should not be allowed if within a certain proximity to another enemy player. This prevents major ZvZ issues where defenders just have infinite resets and melee-only kits struggle to maintain pressure in enemy-held territory when fighting other players, but still lets people who do manage a quick disengage to further their escape, while still giving gliding to defenders who manage to open the gap from their attackers a better escape plan than just being hunted down or TP’ing.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I enjoy the hell out if it. I think it probably needs a few fixes to prevent exploits, but I feel like it was well implemented. I would like to see mounts as well, maybe not at 50%+ speed like they have in PVE, but even at 25% speed would be nice. Being able to trait or use equipment that compliments your builds and not having to worry about swiftness would be a QOL thing for me.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP