Golem Garage

Golem Garage

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’ve had an idea for quiet some time, that we need an instanced Golem Garage in WvW. Basically, I see it as a home instance inside WvW where we can put our Golem’s safely tucked away. And yes, I even thought of how awesome it would be to be able to have siege upgrades and customization available in the garage. Something to add more fun and dimension to the game. Consider it another part of horizontal progression with a couple of percent of vertical progression too. Nothing wrong with wanting a Legendary Golem to run around with

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Golem Garage

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

So you want a troll box to store all your troll siege?

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Golem Garage

in WvW

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Why not take it to the next level directly.
First of all, lets set up the basic mechanics for golems.

- Alpha Golems are not obtainable via blueprints anymore
- Omega Golems are not obtainable via blueprints anymore
- Players receive a new tab in their Hero’s-window, dedicated to show golem-stats and golem-gear, as well as the appearance of their golem suit.
- Golems are able to wear their own, unique trinkets, allowing them to customize their stats. They can choose up to 6 trinkets (energy-core, engine, armor-plating, sensor-array, joints, unique backback)
- Golems do not change their appearance based on their gear. The only choice a player could take (as of now) would be equally sized Alpha or Omega-golem skins. Would be nice if new skins could be added in the future, tho
- Golem gear is added as craftable items to the various Crafting professions. Ascended versions of golem gear are not available
- Golems do only 10% of their former dmg to gates & walls (that should still be roughly double player AA-dmg).

- While in WvW, players have the option to spawn their golem suit for the cost of 10 supplies to any given time.
- Golems remain active until their HP reaches zero, or the player uses skill #7 to leave them.
- Golems don’t have access to the default Alpha or Omega skills-set, but can choose their skills #2,#3,#4&#5 freely from the following pool:
CHARGE! – the golem rushes forward and knocks down every enemy on the way. does minor dmg. grants superspeed for 3 seconds upon finishing the charge. Leap finisher / low cd
STOMP! – the golem jumps in the air on spot and lauches foes away upon landing. does minor dmg. roots the golem, blast finisher / low cd
PULL! – the golem uses his first as rocket to pull a player towards him. does medium dmg. / high cd
CRUSH! – the golem raises his firsts and smashes them on the ground, knocking down foes in front of him. does heavy dmg blast finisher / high cd

Firenado – the golem starts to spin and releases flames from his firsts, causing burning and medium dmg per tick. roots the golem / medium cd
Rocket Barrage – the golem releases a barrage of rockets that lock on up to 10 targets around him and do heavy dmg on impact, as well as causing blindness & confusion. / high cd
Jetpack – the golem starts his jetpack and flies towards the target (aoe-placement). Ticks medium dmg, blinds and burns all foes below him on his way. / high cd
Beam cannon – the golem charges up his main-gun and aims at the current target. All targets caught by the beam get confusion and daze, as well as tick high dmg. roots the golem / medium cd

Shield bubble – Destroys Projectiles while it lasts. Lightfield. reveals stealthed targets inside it / medium cd
Antidote dispenser – releases a waterfield for 4 seconds that ticks healing and clears 2 conditions upon summoning. does not heal golems / low cd
Stabilized Ground – Releases a magnetic charge that magnetizes the ground, granting allies stability and acting as lightning field. / medium cd
Autodoc installation – Generates a rezz-field that lasts for 8 seconds and ticks 17% health for people in downstate. also heals alive allies & removes one condition per pulse from them. / very high cd

Golems can choose from one of the following auto-attacks:
- Alpha AA
- Omega AA (changed to have direct fire-arcs. no easy wall-bombing anymore)
- Acid dispenser: Releases acid in a front-cone. Poisons & cripples foes. Hits 5 times. Deals overall medium dmg, medium range (600)

- skill #6 is called auto-tool installation. it clears all conditions on the golem and heals him for exactly 50% of his current max healthpool. 40sec cd.

- Golems can not be affected by transforms
- Golems can not be cc’d (only exception is siege-disabler)
- Golems now can profit from buffs (including swiftness)
- Golems can not fight underwater. however, players still can decide to leave them and/or use their healing skill, and additionally receive a skill on #1 that grants them 5 seconds superspeed.

Thoughts?

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Golem Garage

in WvW

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

I chuckled.

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

Golem Garage

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

That has to be the least thought out post I’ve read on here. Golems are a very useful and fun piece of WvW Equipment. A Golem Garage would help prevent actual grieving by preventing bad players from stealing, joy riding, and dumping them off cliffs, etc. Golems should be viewed and treated as personal pieces of property in game. Especially at 4g a piece!

editing to up the price.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Golem Garage

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

snipped wall of awesome

I just drooled! lol

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Golem Garage

in WvW

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

@Arantheal: Cool ideas

Golem Garage

in WvW

Arantheal.7396

Thx
/15scharrs

Golem Garage

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

Golems are a trumpcard that should not have existed or rather is used way too much. I’m not saying they’re not fun, I’m saying they break the whole balance of wvw by being too easy to make and too powerful (even without the mastery)

It’s way too easy for random people to spam them when they haven’t even tried to siege a tower properly.
Why bother making rams anymore when you can just have alpha golems and a mesmer to port them?

How many times have people defended a keep bravely to only be golem rushed because the attackers are tired of trying?
Have you ever tried to stop a golem rush and not be part of one?(since you’re asking I guess you’re more on the piloting side)

The high price on blueprints was “supposed” to prevent people from abusing them. Which failed completely.

Golems are literealy part of the reason why WvW is ruined atm and you guys want to buff them even more with underwater super speed and 50% healing skills?

Yeah right I’m the one not in touch with reality here. : )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

(edited by DiscoJacen.1590)

Golem Garage

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Golems should have up to 10 skills and 3 elites!!!

Golem Garage

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Agree with Disco.

Golems should be deleted from the game.

Maybe they can be stored in the garage permanently like that old car that doesn’t run any longer but looks cool.

Golem Garage

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

That has to be the least thought out post I’ve read on here. Golems are a very useful and fun piece of WvW Equipment. A Golem Garage would help prevent actual grieving by preventing bad players from stealing, joy riding, and dumping them off cliffs, etc. Golems should be viewed and treated as personal pieces of property in game. Especially at 4g a piece!

editing to up the price.

Put them under a bridge? Thats where trolls normally live surely?

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

Golem Garage

in WvW

Posted by: abclemons.7093

abclemons.7093

[Golems] break the whole balance of wvw by being too easy to make and too powerful (even without the mastery)

Balance? This guy has jokes. WVW by its very nature cannot be balanced.

BTW, it’s not that hard to kill golems. Just don’t try to run up and AA melee it…

Koffix (ele) | Koffix Sprockets (engi ) | Koffix Shadows (teef) | Koffix Clones (mes) |
Koffix [xxx] (all the rest)
[Phnx] Phoenix Rises from the Ashes | Crystal Desert

Golem Garage

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

[Golems] break the whole balance of wvw by being too easy to make and too powerful (even without the mastery)

BTW, it’s not that hard to kill golems. Just don’t try to run up and AA melee it…

You seem to not understand the difference between the words “Fair” and “Balanced”

Let me help ya:
>Fair: free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: a fair decision; a fair judge.
>Balanced:[MASS NOUN] A situation in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions: the obligations of political balance in broadcasting

WvW and any pvp gamemode will NEVER be fair because it is the whole point of it(tipping scales in your favor). However it needs to be balanced if it is to remain fun for everyone.

And so my comment on golems.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Golem Garage

in WvW

abclemons.7093

You seem to not understand the difference between the words “Fair” and “Balanced”

Let me help ya:
>Balanced:[MASS NOUN] A situation in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions: the obligations of political balance in broadcasting

WvW and any pvp gamemode will NEVER be fair because it is the whole point of it(tipping scales in your favor). However it needs to be balanced if it is to remain fun for everyone.

First, you’re on Underworld. WVW will never be fun.

Second, you’re arguing semantics… fine, we can do that. The definition of “balanced” also provides for something “to be stable.” By this equally applicable definition of “balanced,” WVW is balanced in that Underworld’s rank volatility is next to nil, but back to golems…

According to your definition of “balance,” golems as a siege weapon are balanced. Can an opposing server build more golems than you? Given local available resources, yes, but there is a siege cap. So, we are balanced in the maximum number of golems we can build. However, I suppose the count of golems is not your balance problem.

From reading your post, it seems that you have a problem with how quickly golems can take a defended tower. To this I would advise that you reevaluate your problem. If you’re severely overmatched in numbers, then the golems don’t even matter. If you’re equally our closely matched, then golems should be no more of a nuisance than any other siege machine.

Koffix (ele) | Koffix Sprockets (engi ) | Koffix Shadows (teef) | Koffix Clones (mes) |

Golem Garage

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Golem Garage

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

Let me help ya:

Second, you’re arguing semantics… fine, we can do that. The definition of “balanced” also provides for something “to be stable.” By this equally applicable definition of “balanced,” WVW is balanced in that Underworld’s rank volatility is next to nil, but back to golems…

According to your definition of “balance,” golems as a siege weapon are balanced. Can an opposing server build more golems than you? Given local available resources, yes, but there is a siege cap. So, we are balanced in the maximum number of golems we can build. However, I suppose the count of golems is not your balance problem.

From reading your post, it seems that you have a problem with how quickly golems can take a defended tower. To this I would advise that you reevaluate your problem. If you’re severely overmatched in numbers, then the golems don’t even matter. If you’re equally our closely matched, then golems should be no more of a nuisance than any other siege machine.

Sadly it’s kittenes like yourself that made wvw the vacuum it is today. Go live in your fantasy world with speed boosted jetpack golems and let us hope you’re never on the receiving end of your ignorant logic.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Golem Garage

in WvW

Arantheal.7396

Let me help ya:

Sadly it’s kittenes like yourself that made wvw the vacuum it is today. Go live in your fantasy world with speed boosted jetpack golems and let us hope you’re never on the receiving end of your ignorant logic.

I recommend you to at least read my suggestions fully, before you make claims of me wanting to break the little balance that is left in WvW.
I want the omega AA to not have an arc anymore, so they can’t bomb walls that easily anymore, while also reducing their dmg to walls & gates by 90%, so 2 of their biggest issues would be nerfed into the ground. What would be left is a gimmicky transform with high HP that makes them fun in zerg-fights, while still being far from over-powered, due to their slow movement, weakness to condis & high cd on the only heal they have.

Also, with the recent changes to condis, you can kill golems quite fast and easily with burning guards, eles and engis, since they melt pretty fast to conditions. I’ve been on the receiving end of golem rushes often enough to be tired of this, but since recently it became much easier to deal with them, especially because since huge blobbs usually lack the organization to frequently condi-clear them via other players. Step up your game.

Golem Garage

in WvW

abclemons.7093

Sadly it’s kittenes like yourself that made wvw the vacuum it is today.

Ad hominem. Attacking me does not prove your point and is furthermore a violation of the forum Code of Conduct. If you feel that I have personally maligned you, my in game info is to the left, please contact me and we can have a few PVP bouts to hash things out… you’ll likely win as I’m pretty terrible and immediately put most of my skills on cd.

Go live in your fantasy world with speed boosted jetpack golems and let us hope you’re never on the receiving end of your ignorant logic.

Hopefully the fantasy will come true. The second suggestion of a “golem tab” on the hero menu is quite intriguing and would provide for some fun end game content for which we could all strive… it would also be WVW specific and may draw some people in.

Golem Garage

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

I guess you guys are having fun in this clusterkitten.
Those new buffed golems are not too numerous and OP right? : )

I bet the fights are really fun and not one-sided where you are.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Golem Garage

in WvW

abclemons.7093

I guess you guys are having fun in this clusterkitten.
Those new buffed golems are not too numerous and OP right? : )

I bet the fights are really fun and not one-sided where you are.

Off topic. This topic thread was not about the golem rush event. Please stay on topic.

Golem Garage

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Why not take it to the next level directly.
First of all, lets set up the basic mechanics for golems.

- Alpha Golems are not obtainable via blueprints anymore
- Omega Golems are not obtainable via blueprints anymore
- Players receive a new tab in their Hero’s-window, dedicated to show golem-stats and golem-gear, as well as the appearance of their golem suit.
- Golems are able to wear their own, unique trinkets, allowing them to customize their stats. They can choose up to 6 trinkets (energy-core, engine, armor-plating, sensor-array, joints, unique backback)
- Golems do not change their appearance based on their gear. The only choice a player could take (as of now) would be equally sized Alpha or Omega-golem skins. Would be nice if new skins could be added in the future, tho
- Golem gear is added as craftable items to the various Crafting professions. Ascended versions of golem gear are not available
- Golems do only 10% of their former dmg to gates & walls (that should still be roughly double player AA-dmg).

- While in WvW, players have the option to spawn their golem suit for the cost of 10 supplies to any given time.
- Golems remain active until their HP reaches zero, or the player uses skill #7 to leave them.
- Golems don’t have access to the default Alpha or Omega skills-set, but can choose their skills #2,#3,#4&#5 freely from the following pool:
CHARGE! – the golem rushes forward and knocks down every enemy on the way. does minor dmg. grants superspeed for 3 seconds upon finishing the charge. Leap finisher / low cd
STOMP! – the golem jumps in the air on spot and lauches foes away upon landing. does minor dmg. roots the golem, blast finisher / low cd
PULL! – the golem uses his first as rocket to pull a player towards him. does medium dmg. / high cd
CRUkittenhe golem raises his firsts and smashes them on the ground, knocking down foes in front of him. does heavy dmg blast finisher / high cd

Firenado – the golem starts to spin and releases flames from his firsts, causing burning and medium dmg per tick. roots the golem / medium cd
Rocket Barrage – the golem releases a barrage of rockets that lock on up to 10 targets around him and do heavy dmg on impact, as well as causing blindness & confusion. / high cd
Jetpack – the golem starts his jetpack and flies towards the target (aoe-placement). Ticks medium dmg, blinds and burns all foes below him on his way. / high cd
Beam cannon – the golem charges up his main-gun and aims at the current target. All targets caught by the beam get confusion and daze, as well as tick high dmg. roots the golem / medium cd

Shield bubble – Destroys Projectiles while it lasts. Lightfield. reveals stealthed targets inside it / medium cd
Antidote dispenser – releases a waterfield for 4 seconds that ticks healing and clears 2 conditions upon summoning. does not heal golems / low cd
Stabilized Ground – Releases a magnetic charge that magnetizes the ground, granting allies stability and acting as lightning field. / medium cd
Autodoc installation – Generates a rezz-field that lasts for 8 seconds and ticks 17% health for people in downstate. also heals alive allies & removes one condition per pulse from them. / very high cd

Golems can choose from one of the following auto-attacks:
- Alpha AA
- Omega AA (changed to have direct fire-arcs. no easy wall-bombing anymore)
- Acid dispenser: Releases acid in a front-cone. Poisons & cripples foes. Hits 5 times. Deals overall medium dmg, medium range (600)

- skill #6 is called auto-tool installation. it clears all conditions on the golem and heals him for exactly 50% of his current max healthpool. 40sec cd.

- Golems can not be affected by transforms
- Golems can not be cc’d (only exception is siege-disabler)
- Golems now can profit from buffs (including swiftness)
- Golems can not fight underwater. however, players still can decide to leave them and/or use their healing skill, and additionally receive a skill on #1 that grants them 5 seconds superspeed.

Thoughts?

I don’t even like golems and I like thiS idea. It could even have main hand off hand – rocket thrower, gun, laser, shield etc with some of the skills you mention and more dependent on how you equip it – sort of the idea behind the new littoral shIps beIng buIlt for the U.S. navy – different kit for dIfferent tasks…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB