Heavy Supply Bag update

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

Just a quick punch list for Heavy Supply Bag. Hope this helps people that are looking for them. Someone please confirm #4? Thank you.

1) Centaurs in alpine borderland map dropped these. No longer accessible.
2) Coztic frogs reported to drop these. FALSE. They drop [Heavy Bag of Supplies]
3) Dredge in Frostgorge Sound reported to drop these. FALSE. They drop mining supply bags.
4) sPvP reward track Kryta (?) reported to give these at 3rd and 23rd. unconfirmed.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

I’m still hoping there’s SOMETHING out there that drops these.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Kinthiri.9604

Kinthiri.9604

Previously you needed level 80 centaurs to get these. Those were only in the Alpine Borderlands given the Harathi Hinterlands is mid 40s.

There is currently no source for the heavy supply bags needed for the War Room supply drop upgrade. Thus the reason the price was over 10g each last I looked.

My guild has given up on the war room at this point. For what it offers, the returns just aren’t worth the effort and cost. Pretty much focused solely on the Arena and other useful upgrades for the time being until the costs become more reasonable.

kinthiri.9604 – Co-leader of Anvils Hammers [HARD] – Stormbluff Isle

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

We tried to get them from Silverwastes story but no loot drops there, ironically for fear of farm.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

arent there 80 centaurs in the dry Top zone?

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

I did sPvP reward track Kryta and got 3 heavy supply bags from the third chest. Haven’t reached #23 yet.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

arent there 80 centaurs in the dry Top zone?

Yes. And all of them are allies. There are no hostile centaurs in the open world that are above level 45 (Harathi Hinterlands).

Rather than turn the WvW borderlands into a PvE farming zone, I’d rather see centaurs added to some high-level map in the open world. Why couldn’t there be centaurs somewhere in Frostgorge, given that they were found in the Shiverpeaks and Far Shiverpeaks in GW1? Find some corner of the map and tuck in a village of level-80 centaurs equivalent in size to the one in the alpine BL. Or why couldn’t there be centaurs somewhere in the HoT Maguuma Jungle, given that they were found there in GW1?

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Found one that may help:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heavy_Stolen_Supplies_Bag

But there’s that word stolen in there, so may not work?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

BrettM.9062

“Stolen Supplies” bags are dropped by ettins. The different types of bags are unique to particular foes and follow a naming convention with prefixes to indicate the level. The Heavy prefix indicates level 80 foes. For example, “Moldy Bag” bags are dropped only by risen and come with Tiny, Small, Light, etc. prefixes up to Heavy for level 80 risen. “Supply Bag” bags with no other qualifiers (Stolen, Mining, etc.) are dropped only by centaurs.

So it is not much use trying to test just any kind of bag with the word “Supply” or “Supplies” in the name. If the need is for “Heavy Supply Bag” then they must be obtained from level 80 centaurs. I suppose ANet could simply have some other type of foe start dropping them as well, but I would kind of hate to see them start making exceptions to rules that have been reliable in the past. (Programmers will understand why this could lead to future troubles, even if it looks like a good quick-and-dirty fast fix.)

The only two good solutions I see are to either add some level 80 centaurs somewhere or to change the requirement to some other type of heavy bag. The second option seems like it would be easiest to implement.

I don’t know why they chose centaurs in the first place unless it was to limit the available supply, but there must be other level 80 foes that aren’t much more common than level 80 centaurs used to be. IIRC, the alpine BL centaurs had a pretty fast respawn rate. It shouldn’t be that hard to find a level 80 foe in open-world PvE that drops bags at an equivalent rate, or to adjust the drop rate to suit the need.

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Isbot.6701

Isbot.6701

They chose centaurs because centaurs are a WvW foe and they wanted us to kill stuff in WvW to get our guild hall upgrades. Then when they changed maps they left centaurs out and didn’t notice how they had set their requirements. It is a simple oversight that they will hopefully fix soon.

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Fellfoot.8156

I did sPvP reward track Kryta and got 3 heavy supply bags from the third chest. Haven’t reached #23 yet.

Thank you! I guess it’s time more of my guild mates and I hop on the Pvp train, Choo choo…

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

The spvp track alone might be enough to unlock the minor supply drop, but if you want to scribe that same recipe you need another 50, and another 50 for centaur banner, and another 75 for packed dolyaks

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

They should just add it to the loot table of some of the creatures in the bl, maybe the dinosaurs in the middle.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

bump before this issue becomes abandoned.

(edited by reapex.8546)

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

The only two good solutions I see are to either add some level 80 centaurs somewhere or to change the requirement to some other type of heavy bag. The second option seems like it would be easiest to implement.

They could always change it to Heavy Loot Bags…

Gandaran.

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

You used to be able to farm sand for guild halls in the Desert Borderlands, but they removed that when they added the Veteran Harpy.

Stupid harpies…

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Looks like the centaurs need to be back. I think it’ll follow the cut and paste warg that teleported over here.

And yes, the Kryta track does indeed give these bags. But only got 2; still worth 6g total though.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

They managed to add in veterans to fix their blunder with the daily achievement, could have added centaurs at the same time. Oh well, don’t worry guys I’m sure heavy supply bags will be added back in any year now, maybe in the raids!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Hello
we can farm 5/ pvp reward track
Wait , is this www upgrade
He He

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Hello
we can farm 5/ pvp reward track
Wait , is this www upgrade
He He

As WvW is the pinnacle of GW2, it is only logical that you need to farm everywhere else for it xD

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Patch Update:
Heavy supply bags now have a chance to drop in WvW maps.

Thank you Anet.

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Fellfoot.8156

Yes. Thank you, Anet.
Hey, look folks! Somebody in there cares! XD

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

Do we have confirmation yet whether the drop rate is better than for Black Lion keys?

Gandaran.

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

We got some of those baggies during todays guild raid.
It’s only little data but I’d guess it’s about 1/10 to 1/20 of the normal bags’ droprate.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

Fellfoot.8156

Do we have confirmation yet whether the drop rate is better than for Black Lion keys?

I got 4 drops today in about 2.5 hours.

Edit: those came from keep lord/guards; the price of the Heavy Supply Bags nose-dived on the Trading Post today also

(edited by Fellfoot.8156)

Heavy Supply Bag update

in WvW

BrettM.9062

From keep lords and guards? I predict that this move is going to turn around and bite them. Somehow, someday there will be some change to centaurs or heavy supply bags and someone will forget that centaurs are no longer the ONLY source of bags with that name, unlike every other bag type that is strictly associated with a particular type of foe. When a programmer violates a strict convention for immediate convenience it is nearly always a Bad Idea.

That’s how we got this mess in the first place. One team was busy inventing a new use for bags from level 80 centaurs while another team was busy removing the only level 80 centaurs in existence. Poor internal communication and coordination. And now the mess is rectified by adding an exception to a rule that will be easily overlooked in the future. Ummmm. This won’t end well, as Trahearne would say.

Remember, you heard it here first.