I think WvW needs more updates

in WvW

Posted by: CHODIMON.9314

CHODIMON.9314

GW2 was my first MMO and i loved it because i had never witnessed battles on this scale before where everyone actually matters……but after 2+ years of WvW i think its at a point where there have to be wholesale changes or it will die. Many people i have spoken to are leaving for TESO because they are surprisingly fully committed to their WvW fanbase……but anyways the reason wvw is dying boils down to one reason, the maps are too constricting and the same terrain/structures on each borderland are getting redundant, if all borderlands and EB combined into one large map( ie TESO, planetside 2)…… zerging would be less productive and it would encourage smaller scale battles instead of blob v blob. WAYPOINTS NEED TO BE REMOVED, IF YOU DIE YOU WALK BACK!!! I do understand that anet doesnt have the same financial resources as the elder scrolls franchise to undertake something that massive but sheesh there hasnt even been “talk” or “rumors” about wvw changes, new maps…etc……….accnt bout wxp is the only thing we get after all this time? REALLLY?? The only reason i have been playing Gw2 the last 2 years was because of WvW and it is clear they are not interested in this small minority of players…… ANet is slowly losing their wvw players to other games…like myself……….are we like 1% of the guild wars population or something?

(edited by CHODIMON.9314)

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

The daily 50 players queues 20 out of 24 hours a day on my server have me scratching my head at your "claim that WvW is dead.

As far as all of the way points, blather. Do you have any actual logic behind why they need to be moved? We have them in all aspects of the game. In WvW you have to “walk back” from a way point. As well, other then your base way point, the others take time, effort, and energy to create.

Basically, I think your wrong on most of your points, but that is just my opinion.

in WvW

CHODIMON.9314

WAYPOINTS are a joke, a 80 man blob should not be able to get from NORTH CAMP to Hills/Bay at the speed of light if a 10 man group spends 5 mins getting to inner, ru kidding me right now BRO u must be new to this….

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’ve played TESO and quite frankly, their WvW is not that great. The fights in GW2 are way more fun.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

This thread is dying faster that WvW ever will.

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Not sure if I would use the word dying. Stagnant maybe. The way it is set up promotes people taking days off …and sometimes the entire week off. My server, SoS, will start a 1 week hibernation tomorrow night because of the match up. Kind of sucks tbh

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

WAYPOINTS are a joke, a 80 man blob should not be able to get from NORTH CAMP to Hills/Bay at the speed of light if a 10 man group spends 5 mins getting to inner, ru kidding me right now BRO u must be new to this….

If everyone tells you that you are wrong, maybe you should reconsider your point.

in WvW

CHODIMON.9314

If everyone tells you that you are wrong, maybe you should reconsider your point.

maybe……but doesnt change the fact that today was sadly my last day in GW2. I might be back but they are losing their hardcore players to games that reward their dedication….enough said!

in WvW

Posted by: Charles the Great.7136

Charles the Great.7136

ALSO THIS IS MY LAST POST EVARRRR, you can kitten on meee and i wont have any idea……….. i love guys and i loved the great times!!!!!!!!! GOOOD FOREVER!!!!!

Thumbs up for you not speaking anymore!

[JINX] – Korrecknen | Czenk | Master Kuiper
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

TESO WvW equivalent is not as fun IMO. It feels kind okittenward. The map change would be a cool idea, but I like waypoints. There should simply be no “window” while it is being sieges.

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

WvW is more populated on Darkhaven than it was during season 1… it was more populated during season 1 than it had been since the launch of the game. IDK what on earth you’re talking about, and I’m on a t6 server…

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

If a 10 man group legitimately thinks they can cap a waypointed keep that obviously has scouts, there is something wrong with them.

in WvW

Posted by: ShibVicious.9681

ShibVicious.9681

TESO WvW equivalent is not as fun IMO. It feels kind okittenward. The map change would be a cool idea, but I like waypoints. There should simply be no “window” while it is being sieges.

If there was no window whilst it was being attacked, then all the time and effort someone went through upgrading that keep would go to waste when 1 sod could keep running up to your gate and hitting it thus making the waypoint completely useless. To be honest the time the waypoint is open when under attack is minimal anyway. The other day my internet was playing up and my attempt to waypoint into a keep under seige was met with a load screen and a trip to my homebase instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I seriously disagree with the OP. WvWvW has a lot of problems, but original WvWvW maps are not the main problem.

EotM is a good example showing that making the map larger and removing most of the waypoints will not reduce zerging, in fact the EotM map design pretty much killed all the small scale roaming and EotM is nothing but zerging. I really hope NONE of the EotM map designs are copied to WvWvW. If there would not be achievement points tied to EotM and EotM would have equal or worse rewards per hour than WvWvW, very few people would play it.

The biggest problems of the WvWvW are:
1. Boring and stale meta
- has been the same since Autumn 2012, with hammer warriors, staff guardians, staff elementalist and staff necromancers dominating
- skill balance is based on tpvp, which is completely different from WvWvW
- stealth is overpowered in small scale and roaming, yet no developer comment

2. Coverage imbalance
- The wins are decided by coverage and population
- To make matters worse players can transfer to the winning servers
- Matches are often decided already in the beginning, the last days don’t matter
- outnumbered buff is not very useful

3. Horribly bad commander UI
- no possibility to toggle the commander tag just to be visible to your own party members or guild members, no chance to customize the commander tag color

4. Lack of communication with the player base
- the player base doesn’t know the direction the game is heading for and many are severely disappointed by the direction Arenanet developers., who do not seem to be hard core WvWvW players themselves, are taking WvWvW e.g. totally unneeded buffs to siege, more and more emphasis on pve side (champions etc. in EotM), borderland bloodlusts (still not removed from the game!)

Redesigning the maps should be lower priority than fixing any of these. The hard core WvWvW players are not leaving because of the maps, but because the fights are the same and same, with few professions and builds being overly abundant and overpowered. Like one of my friends say “Arenanet is making this game ONLY for casual gamers, so let it be”. Arenanet developers never understood that WvWvW is the game mode which attracted the highest amount of serious, competitive hard core players, not the pvp. They poured more resources to tpvp, trying to make it esports. April 15th update show that this game is far from being balanced and many of the earlier changes made this game easier (way too powerful passive abilities like passibve healing, increase areas for AoE skills, reduced cast times for several skills). While these changes are nice for Mr Casual Joe and make it easy for beginners they also make the the game less skill based.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

The daily 50 players queues 20 out of 24 hours a day on my server have me scratching my head at your "claim that WvW is dead.

This season the Undermanned icon is showing about 20 out of 24 hours a day on my server. I don’t have to scratch my head to understand why.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I’ve played TESO and quite frankly, their WvW is not that great. The fights in GW2 are way more fun.

Yeah cos crunching #11111 in a haze of particle effects makes it soooo immersive.

Large scale fights in WvW have become nothing more than a skill lagfest which for me ruins that fun considerably.

I agree TESO WvW isn’t as good compared to the ANET vision and hype pre-launch/launch+1, but it’s been 2 years now and WvW here has gotten worse, stale and is nothing more than a blobfest waiting to happen.. if that’s your idea of fun then all power to you… ooh wait they did put that karma train map in EotM.. that worked!

Personally I think they have simply run out of creative juices, lack the resources to improve the gameplay functionality but above all they simply don’t care cos the bean counters say it doesn’t bring in the beans.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Actually…. I agree with the OP. The borderland maps are set up horribly. There’s no strategic sense to the layout, just…. the keeps make a triangle, the towers make a square, and the camps make an oval. I haven’t been a toddler in decades, I don’t need them trying to teach me my shapes. The towers that should be protecting the keeps are actually behind them. The keeps are also right next to each other, so basically all the thirds are laid out backwards. Anyone who would set up defensive structures like that would find that their kingdom would be lost in less than 20 minutes, and they would forever be a joke.

The solution is actually pretty simple. If you look at EB, it’s pretty close to right. The towers support and help defend the keeps. Something similar to that would be the best way to go with the borderlands, and they wouldn’t even really have to make entirely new maps to do it. Just….. shift the current areas on the borderlands around a bit. Swap the location of the garrison and the north camp. Move the bay to where the SE camp is(yep, all the way on the other side of the map, since that’s where the water actually is) and put a tower where the bay was. Then do the same thing with the Hills and SW camp, and put a tower where the hills was. Now the towers are actually in the strategically intelligent positions to help defend the keeps, and the keeps aren’t practically bumping into each other.

The waypoints would still be pretty useful for defense but wouldn’t let zergs respond to any location on any of the borderlands within 30 seconds. People would have to spread out a bit, and possibly run multiple zergs.

The strategy would move beyond “facemash and waypoint rush”. Areas would have strategic importance. Open field fights would have strategic importance. Creativity, intelligence and planning would be mandatory. The maps would have new life breathed into them. Good players would be excited about it, and bad players would need to adapt and improve.

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

There needs to be some way to encourage smaller scale battles. Up to 8 a side would be fun. Anything more than that and individual skill is not as important.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

I agree with phantom’s points, the towers should protect the keeps, not sitting behind doing nothing. having keeps next to each other doesnt make sense either, a zerg can just rush in and take all 3 in 30 minutes.
See attatchments for a rough sketch of a borderlands idea that would make more sense.
grey is cliffs,
squares are towers,
stars are camps,
pentagons are keeps.

Attachments:

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The WvW community requires that there be two dedicated members of staff working on WvW at Arenanet.

If it’s just one person, they’ll gets ostracised from the rest of “The Competitive Team” as the weird WvW person. They get ignored and their opinions devalued.

I believe this is what happened to Devon Carver. You never see him on Ready Up, yet as WvW’s sole representative, he should be on EVERY show.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: lunoh.1963

lunoh.1963

Redesigning the maps should be lower priority than fixing any of these.

I am kinda with the op on this topic. WvW is currently based on points and the points tick and that’s what makes zerging so attractive. It is easier to just show up at garrison with 40 players drop down 5 sup rams at outer and inner rather then get one of the towers and treb garri to death. A map design similar to EotM where you have to get one objective after another in order to get to the big keep and cant just show up and raise it with 20 omega golems out of nowhere would discourage zerging as you could find yourself pretty fast in a chockepoint situation. Splitting up attacking from different sides etc. more strategic thinking would be required. The moment one side decides to defend in EotM (especially frostreach) most of the zergs are pretty useless. For this you would need a map rework and a bigger map. The OP wrote about merging all the borderlands and eb into one map, which would be a great idea BUT there is one big problem here: the current WvW maps are the biggest one they could have created with the engine (if i remember the prerelease blogpost correctly.) So the current problems with WvW have far deeper roots then ppl might expect (dont forget skill lag !)

I agree with phantom’s points, the towers should protect the keeps, not sitting behind doing nothing. having keeps next to each other doesnt make sense either, a zerg can just rush in and take all 3 in 30 minutes.
See attatchments for a rough sketch of a borderlands idea that would make more sense.
grey is cliffs,
squares are towers,
stars are camps,
pentagons are keeps.

very good job, that’s how i imagine a real "war"field!

in WvW

CHODIMON.9314

Redesigning the maps should be lower priority than fixing any of these.

I am kinda with the op on this topic. WvW is currently based on points and the points tick and that’s what makes zerging so attractive. It is easier to just show up at garrison with 40 players drop down 5 sup rams at outer and inner rather then get one of the towers and treb garri to death. A map design similar to EotM where you have to get one objective after another in order to get to the big keep and cant just show up and raise it with 20 omega golems out of nowhere would discourage zerging as you could find yourself pretty fast in a chockepoint situation. Splitting up attacking from different sides etc. more strategic thinking would be required. The moment one side decides to defend in EotM (especially frostreach) most of the zergs are pretty useless. For this you would need a map rework and a bigger map. The OP wrote about merging all the borderlands and eb into one map, which would be a great idea BUT there is one big problem here: the current WvW maps are the biggest one they could have created with the engine (if i remember the prerelease blogpost correctly.) So the current problems with WvW have far deeper roots then ppl might expect (dont forget skill lag !)

grey is cliffs,
squares are towers,
stars are camps,
pentagons are keeps.

very good job, that’s how i imagine a real "war"field!

i was not going to comment again on this thread but getting so much traffic with so many opinions……
lunoh this statement by you sums it up “the current WvW maps are the biggest one they could have created with the engine (if i remember the prerelease blogpost correctly.) So the current problems with WvW have far deeper roots then ppl might expect”……. this would mean that Anet would have to blow everything up and start from scratch probably……which is for sure not happening so dreaming about a consolidated world where ALL forces are in the same map/world/instance is just not plausible……or possible in this version of guild wars 2…….sigh….

in WvW

Posted by: Kill Momma.6127

Kill Momma.6127

For the Points per Tick idea, why not make keeps start off giving low number of points and the longer you control it the more points it accumulates. That would prevent the LETS CAP EVERYTHING AND THEN LEAVE IT TO DIE! I started enjoying playing defense on my side of the map instead of zerging….

HOD [PHZE]
Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Good when you make love with it. Bad when you make crack.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Devon mentioned chokepoints in the last CDI and people didn’t seem too excited about that. But in the context of what you all are talking about, perhaps chokepoint is the wrong term.

And maybe this is what Devon was talking about. Create a flow to the maps where it would be best to take the assets in a logical manner. Getting the tower helps you get the keep.

Heck I would almost be in favor of groups announcing their raids. XYZ is going to raid your BL at 8:00pm Tue. At least there would be fighting.

Lol that made me think of what happened last reset. When we first got in after reset, everyone (all three servers) were ported to the same location in the ruins. You appeared right in the middle of a battle and were like wtf? But it was awesome. Maybe Anet could make all three servers entrance into a map in the same place. You literally have to fight your way onto the map. Oh and no siege allowed in this area.

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

- outnumbered buff is not very useful

AHH HHAAAA jokes on you, now thaat armor repair costs have been removed outnumbered is eve more……useless o.0 lol

wvw is dead, all thats left is zombies running around 0.o

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Most fun open world PvP I have ever had is in GW2 and still going strong almost 3 years later. Could it be better absolutely, but for a game with no monthly fee they push out a massive amount of content on a regular basis. Sure it is mostly PvE and WvW surface changes but it isn’t like they haven’t tried larger changes (ruins, EotM, Wxp, etc).

The thing to remember here is that the game is three years old… few games hold players attention beyond 100 hours. Even fewer beyond a thousand.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I believe the reason against merging all maps would be…. Zerging.

Imagine that…unless we got some big changes, it could grow from 80 ppl zergs to 320 ppl zergs… Imagine Vizunah….

Brr… I’m all for merging maps and making them little different, but we need to deal with massive zergs first.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Most fun open world PvP I have ever had is in GW2 and still going strong almost 3 years later. Could it be better absolutely, but for a game with no monthly fee they push out a massive amount of content on a regular basis. Sure it is mostly PvE and WvW surface changes but it isn’t like they haven’t tried larger changes (ruins, EotM, Wxp, etc).

The thing to remember here is that the game is three years old… few games hold players attention beyond 100 hours. Even fewer beyond a thousand.

GW2 WvW interest continues because they quite frankly have no viable competition. The latest PvP title making headlines? Titanfall with it’s 6v6 format.

You can’t find 80v80v80 in a well executed and immersive environment anywhere.
Because of that, ANet is resting on it’s laurels with small fixes and updates that most people did not desire.

A few big changes to this game mode will inject more life and interest into GW2 than a hundred Scarlet episodes or even new PvE zones (though those would be great too).

1. Get rid of Bloodlust. Make all stomps worth a point, make every individual contribution count.

2. Have ruins offer unique buffs with limited uses. Example: Capture Temple of Lost Prayers, up to 5 players can get +15% swiftness buff for 10 minutes; recharges in 5 min cooldown, even on recapture.

3. Guild Commander Tag. Been asked for repeatedly. Make it yellow and only visible to the guild.

4. Borderland map redesign. EBG has a natural flow to it. It works great for the 3-way combat. The Borderland map does not have an organic flow and has way too much empty space.
If the resources are not there for a full redesign, I suggest two lesser changes. Make the Skritt and Centaur camps worth something. Example: Capturing the Skritt puts up a blockade that prevents access to the North camp (at the north camp switchback).
Second change, get rid of garrison water gate. The garrison should be the most easily defended structure after the North camp. Four gates plus wall on the North side are more than enough access points.

in WvW

CHODIMON.9314

I believe the reason against merging all maps would be…. Zerging.

Imagine that…unless we got some big changes, it could grow from 80 ppl zergs to 320 ppl zergs… Imagine Vizunah….

Brr… I’m all for merging maps and making them little different, but we need to deal with massive zergs first.

i respectfully disagree, while zerging is inevitable, one gigantic wvw map is better than 4 separate instances of a map, period, also a “que” would mean we would only que up for the complete wvw experience and not just a certain BL or EB. What if you are in a BL and nothing is going down, yet EB has a 80 man que and we cannot join the action for hours…….one big continuous wvw map will cease the map hopping mega zerg mentality………for example if there are 300 ppl attacking stonemist, there will only be about 100 ppl left to defend 3 borderlands worth of territory, it will force the cooperation and communication between several groups at once to hold down large sections of the map.

in WvW

Posted by: Srolo.5208

Srolo.5208

GW2 WvW interest continues because they quite frankly have no viable competition. The latest PvP title making headlines? Titanfall with it’s 6v6 format.

Because of that, ANet is resting on it’s laurels with small fixes and updates that most people did not desire.

A few big changes to this game mode will inject more life and interest into GW2 than a hundred Scarlet episodes or even new PvE zones (though those would be great too).

1. Get rid of Bloodlust. Make all stomps worth a point, make every individual contribution count.

2. Have ruins offer unique buffs with limited uses. Example: Capture Temple of Lost Prayers, up to 5 players can get +15% swiftness buff for 10 minutes; recharges in 5 min cooldown, even on recapture.

3. Guild Commander Tag. Been asked for repeatedly. Make it yellow and only visible to the guild.

4. Borderland map redesign. EBG has a natural flow to it. It works great for the 3-way combat. The Borderland map does not have an organic flow and has way too much empty space.
If the resources are not there for a full redesign, I suggest two lesser changes. Make the Skritt and Centaur camps worth something. Example: Capturing the Skritt puts up a blockade that prevents access to the North camp (at the north camp switchback).
Second change, get rid of garrison water gate. The garrison should be the most easily defended structure after the North camp. Four gates plus wall on the North side are more than enough access points.

I don’t know what server you’re on but here in T1 Bloodlust adds strategic value and all servers are vying for control of it. It’s not uncommon for 5-10 man and a lot of times even larger havoc groups to be battling it out for control of ruins while the main zerg takes objectives. We also have enough dedicated people and our militia generally is smart enough to stomp people, even in the middle of zergs when we have it.

in WvW

Posted by: WrckAHoe.9827

WrckAHoe.9827

I’m really sorry about this but how can you possibly look up and say a game that just came out of close beta is dedicated to its WvW… Theres no evidence to claim such a thing. Also saying GW2 was your first MMO, please go look at other games before you claim that GW2 is dying. Because you and a few of your friends think its gotten old, there are still many dedicated people to GW2. When GW2 first came out the player population was immense to the point every single server was full constantly, now its maybe 1/4 of that population still plays. This doesn’t mean GW2 or WvW is dying, but yes I think reworks and what keeps people interested thus why we just had a feature pack release and quite frankly it was a pretty good change to the game. Changes up things a bit.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I don’t know what server you’re on but here in T1 Bloodlust adds strategic value and all servers are vying for control of it. It’s not uncommon for 5-10 man and a lot of times even larger havoc groups to be battling it out for control of ruins while the main zerg takes objectives. We also have enough dedicated people and our militia generally is smart enough to stomp people, even in the middle of zergs when we have it.

The system works in a balanced match, but as soon as there is a clear win order everyone sort of forgets about it.

My often pitched suggestion has been to remove capture PPT as it is today and replace it with objective PPT. Rather than get X points for Y capture, servers would get X points each tick for completing the most objectives. Multiple objectives per map that are spread out. This would spread players out, create group strategy, give players concrete directions on what to do and get more players fighting. They could even help balance out scores during population imbalances by making objectives easier/harder based on population size on a map.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: WrckAHoe.9827

WrckAHoe.9827

grey is cliffs,
squares are towers,
stars are camps,
pentagons are keeps.

Is this EoTM?

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

It would be nice if bloodlust also gave us points, not only bonus to stats. Like 1 point per BL site every 10 seconds would make small man groups very valuable.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

For the Points per Tick idea, why not make keeps start off giving low number of points and the longer you control it the more points it accumulates. That would prevent the LETS CAP EVERYTHING AND THEN LEAVE IT TO DIE! I started enjoying playing defense on my side of the map instead of zerging….

This is an interesting idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This is an interesting idea.

It’s brilliant and it’s inventor deserves a star.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Yes, I’ve seen 20 man “havoc” groups taking ruins from BG and I quite frankly think it’s BS that we have OJ popping in the middle of the ruins.

That’s one tier out of 8 that gives a rip, and quite frankly I didn’t see TC hugging the ruins nearly as much as BG did.

The only reason it has strategic value is that it takes the game out of the hands of individuals; which works for the granfaloon blobs that BG plays with.

No more mechanics that encourage mindless blobbing, make every single person’s contribution count.

% of WvW focused guilds flocking to a server cannot be managed, but the game should not be built to accommodate it.

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

Yeah cos crunching #11111 in a haze of particle effects makes it soooo immersive.

Large scale fights in WvW have become nothing more than a skill lagfest which for me ruins that fun considerably.

I agree TESO WvW isn’t as good compared to the ANET vision and hype pre-launch/launch+1, but it’s been 2 years now and WvW here has gotten worse, stale and is nothing more than a blobfest waiting to happen.. if that’s your idea of fun then all power to you… ooh wait they did put that karma train map in EotM.. that worked!

Personally I think they have simply run out of creative juices, lack the resources to improve the gameplay functionality but above all they simply don’t care cos the bean counters say it doesn’t bring in the beans.

If all you do is spam 1 ftw then I hope our servers meet one day so I can collect a loot bag from you dead body. We run a 15 to 20 and the combat is fast paced, controls are responsive (most of the time) and none of us are using the #11111111111 rotation. We are blob killers. I found roaming in TESO to be a whole lot of running with nothing to kill when compared to GW2. Maybe once TESO starts getting more organized it will be more interesting but at the moment it doesn’t even come close the the gameplay we get in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

grey is cliffs,
squares are towers,
stars are camps,
pentagons are keeps.

Now that’s an intelligent layout. Everything is in a position where it actually makes sense to be. The towers are set up in the front and in choke points. The camps are off to the side. The keeps are the hearts, but within distance of dispatching defenders to each of the other areas of the third. In order to take another server’s keep, you’d need to deal with their tower(s) first. There’s a good amount of room in between for open field fights. Those absurdly ridiculous “surprise! there’s 20 omegas at the gate of your keep” moments would be gone.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Did you start staplaying wvw 2+ years ago?

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

It would be nice if bloodlust also gave us points, not only bonus to stats. Like 1 point per BL site every 10 seconds would make small man groups very valuable.

It gives you points. After each map of bloodlust you gain 1 point if u finish somebody. Servers often make the 1/3 of there points from bloodlust.
What i realy want is 1 point for just killing somebody and bonus points after bloodlust. If you finish somebody that guy automaticly resurect at waypoint

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+