Idea for color blind Commander Tag

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Though I’m not color blind I have many friends who play GW2 that are. So the idea I thought of might be possible.

A Half Black – Half White tag.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I agree, I’ve seen a few people ask in map chat about this, seems like a reasonable request.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

+1

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Only if it also spins and shoot fireworks.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Also make the separation diagonally and not horizontally.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

I know people who are color blind who play Gw2. Being color blind is more common than people think. Maybe a small symbol on each tag can help like a black star, a heart, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Could just put a small first letter in black of the colour of the tag, but I feel that makes it more difficult for color blind people. Having to look at the letter and figure what tag your following. Never thought how difficult that could be for someone.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Being one if the colour blind people what I would like to see is a tag that glows if its the one I am following. Similar to what it does when you cursor over it now except it doesn’t stop glowing.

That would make it super easy to spot always.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Being one if the colour blind people what I would like to see is a tag that glows if its the one I am following. Similar to what it does when you cursor over it now except it doesn’t stop glowing.

This is valid, all the other requests are not valid. Were not gonna put a giant COMMANDER text wall ontop of everyones map for the sake of one human defect.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

This is valid, all the other requests are not valid. Were not gonna put a giant COMMANDER text wall ontop of everyones map for the sake of one human defect.

Actually this is a pretty good idea. It can be enabled or disabled as an option. I’m not colourblind but I will surely say yes to this on asura commanders

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

Though I’m not color blind I have many friends who play GW2 that are. So the idea I thought of might be possible.

I’m also color blind, so i always Ctrl+T my commander, right now i’m following the shape not the color, some people are angry at me because of this.
Sometime it’s very hard for color blind people to follow the leader in big fights, so…

+1

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Guess what. The commander tag glows already. I swear it didn’t before. But all last night the tag I was following had a glow around it.

Way cooool.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Guess what. The commander tag glows already. I swear it didn’t before. But all last night the tag I was following had a glow around it.

Way cooool.

Really? I’ll have to check this out… would be nice if it’s indeed the case. ALL the time I have to use CTRL + T on cmder just to keep track of them.

As for OP’s request – why not? The more colors the merrier. If it aids colorblind players then I think it only fair in this stone age of gaming; features in game to aid them.