It's LAGGING HARD since DDOS or NEW UPDATE

in WvW

Posted by: OpenYourEyes.3951

OpenYourEyes.3951

Everytime encounter enemy, instantly ping goes up by 20% (170ms to over 200ms).

What’s wrong with Anet?

They too much focused on PvE then no Resources for WvW?

If so, I strictly RECOMMEND to CHANGE the name of game, guild wars 2 to NPC wars.

in WvW

Posted by: Enus.2781

Enus.2781

:S You don’t even know why its called Guild Wars XDDD

in WvW

OpenYourEyes.3951

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The subject phrasing means its lagging rarely or not at all. Thats positive.

in WvW

OpenYourEyes.3951

The subject phrasing means its lagging rarely or not at all. Thats positive.

Thanks, changed title

in WvW

Posted by: Mulling.8421

Mulling.8421

I have the same problem, every time a skill is used or a enemy comes by, my ping goes up from 160ms to 200ms.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

It’s been pretty bad for me for a few weeks now, tried some of the recommendations and even pve is laggy. WvW is random, even without zergs present. Very choppy graphics.

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

After monday patch wvw lags more with me too. I think they fudged something.

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

That’s been happening since pretty much HoT release. For us with higher ping, mine is between 160 and 170ms, is easier to notice those small spikes. Whenever I stay near someone stacking boons the ping increases going to 200 or 210 ms. It is quite visible whenever am near a herald revenant.

My wild guess is the calculations for boons, highly increased with HoT, is causing some delay.

A 3-way in smc usually increases my ping to 240-300ms and fps drop from 80 to 20.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Usually people lag very very hard if people activate the new Kodan tonic nearby. The new kodan tonic causes a memory leak and when people waypoint or use skills it intensifies those issues unless you close and reopen gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Been getting insane skill lag lately, dunno if it’s related to what’s happening with the rest of you but it is a recent thing and nothing has changed on my end.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

It’s definitely at ANet’s side. I’m running a top end gamer with a Solid State hard drive and I never get lag.. earlier tonight it was real bad… I left and went back in an hour later and it was better.

(Note: how in the world does two letter s’s translate into a bad word and turned into kitten?) can’t even abbreviate solid state.. lol

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

It’s definitely at ANet’s side. I’m running a top end gamer with a Solid State hard drive and I never get lag.. earlier tonight it was real bad… I left and went back in an hour later and it was better.

(Note: how in the world does two letter s’s translate into a bad word and turned into kitten?) can’t even abbreviate solid state.. lol

Lag as in skill lag is network related.
What kind of pc you have has basically no influence on it.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Lag as in skill lag is network related.
What kind of pc you have has basically no influence on it.

I can agree with that… however… the bottom line is that it’s a problem with ANet Network not a bunch of people’s personal networks…

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

I can agree with that… however… the bottom line is that it’s a problem with ANet Network not a bunch of people’s personal networks…

No. It is unlikely that personal networks are the cause as problems with those would affect other programs too but the internet consists of more than just the end-users and Anet’s servers.
Unless you actually examine your network traffic (for example by running a traceroute) when you are lagging you can’t claim whose fault it is.
As an example the most severe lag I ever had was caused by the Level3 node in Frankfurt. Switching to a VPN completely eliminated the lag.
In that case the problem wasn’t on Anet’s side and there wasn’t anything they could have done.
A short guide regarding lagging.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in WvW

Posted by: Jaruselka.5943

Jaruselka.5943

My internet connection averages 18 Mbps up and 11 Mbps down and yet my ping in WvW averages 400 ms or more. That’s pretty bad. 2 to 3 second skill lag and lots or rubber banding (usually ending with my demise) is seriously dissuading me from playing this game,

IOJ → NSP after FA purchased all our WvW guilds

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

No. It is unlikely that personal networks are the cause as problems with those would affect other programs too but the internet consists of more than just the end-users and Anet’s servers.
Unless you actually examine your network traffic (for example by running a traceroute) when you are lagging you can’t claim whose fault it is.
As an example the most severe lag I ever had was caused by the Level3 node in Frankfurt. Switching to a VPN completely eliminated the lag.
In that case the problem wasn’t on Anet’s side and there wasn’t anything they could have done.
A short guide regarding lagging.

When GW2 is the ONLY place I go that’s having a problem it’s pretty clear to me where the issue lays…

in WvW

Posted by: Packit.8576

Packit.8576

in WvW

Posted by: Yoni.5430

Yoni.5430

I have the same problem.

ever since the last LW update I’m having a really bad Ping.
my avg ping was always 80-130 max, and after the last update I always(!) get extra ping.
Now my ping in PvE is 200+ and in WvW 200-500.
if I encore an enemy in WvW is jump to 700-900 (My highest ping was 2.5k) and it stay that way. after game and router reset it goes down to 300 ping and stay above 300.
The game is unplayable for me, most of the time I play WvW and its so frustrating (and I play Thief!)

Anyone else with the same problem since last update?
Does Anet even know about this issue?

(edited by Yoni.5430)

in WvW

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

Can’t say I’ve seen it, but what I would suspect is DDoS mitigations happening at the edge network increasing latency, rather than the actual patch (the game binaries don’t need a patch because that is not where the DDoS is originating from).

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Usually people lag very very hard if people activate the new Kodan tonic nearby. The new kodan tonic causes a memory leak and when people waypoint or use skills it intensifies those issues unless you close and reopen gw2.

Did anet acknowledge it might be an issue? If so why not remove just that one from wvw?

in WvW

Posted by: Yoni.5430

Yoni.5430

Did anet acknowledge it might be an issue? If so why not remove just that one from wvw?

I do see alot of people use that Koda Tonic in WvW and spamming that lightning effect pretty much all the time.
Maybe that Tonic take alot of the map memory and it’s hard to process which causes players to lag and have high ping.

(edited by Yoni.5430)