Jade Quarry Desert Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: QTwo.6824

QTwo.6824

Q:

Am at this moment standing here in the Desert Borderlands. Standing in the literal sense as there are no players here. The effect of having such a map that is so distasteful to players that no one shows up to play surely cannot be the intent of the developers. Is there any hope for improvement?

in WvW

Posted by: SilkyPantaloons.3617

SilkyPantaloons.3617

Join CD then you can come and stand with me and there will be 2 of us on the map.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I didn’t want to play JQBL tonight because you really got no 15-20 man sized guilds at this hour that are gonna come defend against my 10-15 man which would mean we’d just PvDoor which we don’t want to do. All you got is “that celebrity commander” blob on. We saw about 20 guys on FABL but they buggered off and didn’t give us the chance to change some of our stuff up to better engage.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Slow Lightning.4592

Slow Lightning.4592

This isnt just an NA issue – the red BL is totally dead everywhere in WvW. Whoever is red for the week has a massive advantage (if you care about PPT) because almost no one goes there so the structures upgrade to T3 andcan stay that way for days without a scratch.

Really Anet, you can see from all your stats that having 1 BL map different from the rest has not worked at all. The snowflakes that voted for it don’t even play WvW (those votes should of been restricted to players with a minimum WvW rank). The gamemode is really dying, making 3 equal BL maps again is atleast 1 thing you can do to try and fix things.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Well, I’m running on “Anise’s Restroom” server, we’re in red BL, we’re regulary reset, mostly by “Kasmeer’s hairbrush” running blue, but in adequate hours, we can see like 3-4 tags on map, with a fair activity.

So, it seems like some servers actually play in DBL, and this should prevent you from over-generalizing … Even if I acknowledge there’re still population imbalance issues.

Note : no server’s name involved, so no matchup thread.

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

Sometimes there is even no queue to Desert BL on reset night.

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

JQ’s Asians are the ones that usually flip it. You know Mag isn’t going to touch it.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I didn’t have too much trouble finding enough JQ to kill on their BL last night. Kept me busy and full.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Sometimes there is even no queue to Desert BL on reset night.

… DBL havent been queued at reset since it HoT release. And the only reason it was queued then was that we had no choice.

Sometimes I see large 20+ groups there, but it’s mostly for a singular purpose – take hills, take bay, take garrison or all of them quickly when home server isnt looking. If they loose once they jump border. Fights during the week on desert is usually some smaller groups running around with 2 out of 3 servers outmanned. Sometimes I have raided there in primetime with my guild and it had the largest group around – 3 people.

There is more people AFK queueing EB on ABL than there are people playing on DBL.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

This isnt just an NA issue – the red BL is totally dead everywhere in WvW. Whoever is red for the week has a massive advantage (if you care about PPT) because almost no one goes there so the structures upgrade to T3 andcan stay that way for days without a scratch.

Really Anet, you can see from all your stats that having 1 BL map different from the rest has not worked at all. The snowflakes that voted for it don’t even play WvW (those votes should of been restricted to players with a minimum WvW rank). The gamemode is really dying, making 3 equal BL maps again is atleast 1 thing you can do to try and fix things.

I despise the desert BL but voted to keep it around as there are people who do like to play there. For all the talk of it being deserted – it is not. It clearly is less populated, but, so what. If you don’t like it, don’t go there. You can go blob on blue, green or EB. You can also take that ‘snowflake’ comment and melt it where the sun doesn’t shine.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

I voted to keep desert bl as well, because most objectives were kept wooden back then. However now red server wins automatically ppt when sm is wooden. Id rather have 3 desert bls and never play borders rather than the current autowin system.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

The snowflakes that voted for it don’t even play WvW (those votes should of been restricted to players with a minimum WvW rank).

I don’t know, man. Seems to me that complaining about a vote more than a year after it happened, and fantasizing about restrictions that might have made it go your way, is more snowflakey than someone voting their preference.

The OP raised some reasonable points, and asking for another vote would also be reasonable. The impact of having dbl in the game seems relatively small though, given the current state of wvw populations in most maps.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I didn’t vote for the map and I rarely go anywhere besides EBG, I do like the DBL though. It’s fun to roam on when you can find other players there. If more people liked it, I might go there more often. Unfortunately it’s usually a ghost town and there’s nothing to do but solo flip towers.

The aesthetic and terrain of the map make it ideal for kiting and hiding from larger groups. The size and gimmicks make it frustrating. I would be in favor of another map with similarly complex terrain and unique objectives but only if it’s smaller and doesn’t have these shrine and keep buffs, events and HoT jungle mobs.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

Mazes, getting lost and long walks, fall damage and … in the end doesn’t matter, it’s empty and that tells everything. Failed “suprise”.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

in WvW

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Is there any hope for improvement?

Yes! Introducing…Skritt Burglars to the Desert Borderlands! Now players will have something to chase while waiting for another player to show up!

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

Add flying and increase speed to 50% ppl will flock to this map.

in WvW

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Am at this moment standing here in the Desert Borderlands. Standing in the literal sense as there are no players here. The effect of having such a map that is so distasteful to players that no one shows up to play surely cannot be the intent of the developers. Is there any hope for improvement?

I play DBL nearly every night (and am a JQ resident.) in a roaming fashion. So does my roaming partner. We prefer this map. We often find players, especially when we were paired against SoS. And when blackgate had DBL a few weeks ago? Oh man… they were out in storm.

Don’t say there are no players. Time of day matters, but they play there, and play aggressively.

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Why does people appear even from under the rocks to type ‘’mengz i play in desert bl all days and i find 24/7 fights and i win 100% of those fights and kill em all and i make them quit the desert bl so it becomes my own map which i rule as a dictator’’ when somebody makes a post about the truth in that bl, we arent being deceived by you typing ‘’i kill 24/7 people in there’’ no matter what time or day, the map just empty, period, just because you find 1 guy around in like 1 hour or suddendly 2 in five mins doesnt mean anything, the map is empty, rarely people go there to cap or in reset. and when people is capping are a small group because they know is empty map.

I keep thinking the Desert BL is the best PVE map ive ever seen in this game

I took an arrow to the knee

(edited by JemL.3501)

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Fights are in the regular bls and eb roaming wise for me, Desert doesn’t offer anything but wxp capping and dailies. That’s all it is good for honestly.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: gnollbane.3620

gnollbane.3620

This smells of a match-up post

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

On reset, it can actually be fun to play because of people to fight. After reset night, it is pretty dead in the hours I play, though everything outside of NA prime is pretty dead unless it is EB.
That being said and I have said this before, the Desert BL beta was dead. Don’t include the 3 hours where people were promised a reward for winning. 10 mins after that you couldn’t find any decent sized groups.
Point being that DBL is dead, has been since beta.

(edited by Draeyon.4392)

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

Somehow I feel like when, Anet design this map. They have gliding in mind. But after design is finished they just realize wvw can’t user gliding and decided to kitten it

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Shrine buff and "portals"you mean?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

Flying in DBL would be a pretty interesting idea but I only have basic gliding unlocked. It would completely suck to have to go back to PVE to unlock all the advanced gliding techniques.. I honestly don’t have the time.

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

This smells of a match-up post

Not really, just another post bashing on DBL

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

JQ are currently running around EB and all 3 Borderlands capping everything with an utterly uncontested 50-man zerg, while 10 people watch.

What’s your point?

(edited by Ezrael.6859)

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

When there is zero players left on every maps and on every servers, then Anet will at last merge servers.

Everyone should just take a break and see if they care about having 32 empty maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

When you look at the stats of thousands of players over an extremely long time accurately gathered by their own API you would see DBL is a garbage can that the vast majority hate.

When you look at forums suddenly half the posts are people saying they enjoy it.

Maybe based your development decisions on forums posts (aka Reddit sympathy kittens) is a terrible idea because the population in no way represents your average player.:):)

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

On the rare few occasions I end up there, I find myself wishing for a glider. Fall damage is a bigger threat than enemy action and regularly I end up looking at a location and having to puzzle out “just how can I actually get there?”.

I regularly get lost in the desert keeps too and once watched as an entire zerg tried to cross air keep and nearly fell to their deaths by turning a corner and somehow falling off a cliff while still inside.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Here’s a thread for you guys to recruit desert happy players.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Desert-Borderland-Map/first#post6556916

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I killed the warg there once! Needed mah daily!

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

It isn’t the map issue, the population is bad, is same everywhere, uneven coverage, wvw need to be blew up to fix this.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Why does people appear even from under the rocks to type ‘’mengz i play in desert bl all days and i find 24/7 fights and i win 100% of those fights and kill em all and i make them quit the desert bl so it becomes my own map which i rule as a dictator’’ when somebody makes a post about the truth in that bl, we arent being deceived by you typing ‘’i kill 24/7 people in there’’ no matter what time or day, the map just empty, period, just because you find 1 guy around in like 1 hour or suddendly 2 in five mins doesnt mean anything, the map is empty, rarely people go there to cap or in reset. and when people is capping are a small group because they know is empty map.

I keep thinking the Desert BL is the best PVE map ive ever seen in this game

Because there are those of us that roam it often and find players. Often. More often than on alpine in many cases. Why? I have no idea. I play 11pm-3 am eastern time, maybe late night players prefer DBL, who knows.

Sure, there are plenty of days as well where we find nobody. It changes based on what servers we faced. When Blackgate had it as their BL, they were out in numbers. When SoS had it, there was a nice core group of roamers that we routinely found. I had more pvp fights than I did in alpine those nights.

Of course, some nights it is indeed a graveyard like you said. We get it, the majority of players don’t like it, but many of us apparently do. EBG is always the place to go however for players if you want fights.

Again too it matters the style of fights too. I rarely see zergs in DBL, and I’m cool with that.