Legendary Armor and WvW [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

They dont care about the people playing WvW and because of that reason People are leaving the game. Anet forgets, WvW is a separate community that hates to intertwine with pve unless its DESPERATELY needed to get what we want for wvw.

Anet has not woken up in 3 years im playing this and Im gathering they wont now.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I’m confused why it took you 2 years to realize that legendary armor was raid only. Like was the raid only Legendary Collections not a big enough hint?

Also I’m pretty sure most raid bosses are harder than blobbing

I didn’t. Just expressing my continuing disappointment at the neglect of my favoured game mode.

Most raid bosses are just gimmick and timing- jump here, move here, spam from here, avoid this telegraphed attack, rinse and repeat until down. Learn off by heart and it never changes.

If it’s as easy as you make out you should be able to do it playing with your feet while watching netflix and eating a burrito right?

Or at least do it with some effort in the 2-3 hours a week a pro like you would be able to breeze through all the wings. Only takes 12 weeks to get the raid locked items, everything else you get with massive amounts of gold or doing a few half afk map meta’s.

I have a job and a kid to take care of, my game time is limited. In the small amount of free time I have during the week for gaming I prefer to play the 1 part of the game I enjoy, which is roaming for fights against actual players. I don’t log in to grind through hours of braindead, repetitive pve.

I gave raids a chance when they first came out, I was hoping they might actually be fun. What I found was they were the exact same boring dps test as the rest of the PvE. Once you learn the rotations and the obvious tells you can run through them on auto pilot.
They will never be as challenging as fighting 1vX against opponents with brains in their heads.

If anet’s intent is to lock everything behind a grind they should at least have the common sense to provide multiple paths. I’m a lot more likely to drop the game entirely rather than waste my time in a game mode I hate.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

I still wonder how a company, which made a ton of great looking weapon and armor skins in GW1, manages to produce so many ugly skins.

GW2 in terms of locations, skins, minis is very far away from the GW1 Factions/EotN glory days.

in WvW

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

I sadly agree with this sentiment, while i like / play PvP, PvE and WvW sometimes I hate the fact that to get better WvW equipment fast (like ascended) Im forced to play other modes when I would like to paly WvW. Still you can put tons of gold and craft so its not 100% forced.

But legendary weapons and now armors are another thing. They really force you to play PvE/Raids. And while PvE can be palyed casually, Raids certainly not (good luck finding a group without meta equipment), making them to catter IMHO to just a little of the GW2 population.

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

I sadly agree with this sentiment, while i like / play PvP, PvE and WvW sometimes I hate the fact that to get better WvW equipment fast (like ascended) Im forced to play other modes when I would like to paly WvW. Still you can put tons of gold and craft so its not 100% forced.

But legendary weapons and now armors are another thing. They really force you to play PvE/Raids. And while PvE can be palyed casually, Raids certainly not (good luck finding a group without meta equipment), making them to catter IMHO to just a little of the GW2 population.

Not to mention, that the newer Legendary Weapons require a huge amount of PVE grinding and no WvW at all. So they keep PVE Players away from the WvW mode and force us to play PvE.

In other words: we are screwed.

in WvW

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

I certainly hope that legendary armour cannot be used in wvw if it is pve only there is no viable way of attaining it via wvw …surely that is only fair.

Oh so they should disable Ascended armor and all HoT stats in WvW and all Legendary armors?? Smh people, Legendary Armor isn’t a Stat increase or any advantage besides convenience they won’t be better than you in any way for having Legendary Armor vs Ascended and it’s no different than Ascended vs Exotic.

Gotta melt the lord go Zerk
Gotta command that seige while under fire go Nomad
Gotta cap that camp are chase those invaders then go something balanced

Change your runes too to match the situation in and out much faster than those swapping full ascended gears sets or swapping entire toons. The convenience is time and time stacks making it a rather obvious advantage.

Two zergs trying to cap two identicle borderlands and yet one zerg is all ascended and one is all legends the legends will cap everything faster because they can adapt faster and change everything quickly. If those two zergs fought and saw each other the zerg with legends can change their builds before the two zergs clash and get locked in combat. People are demanding sigils currently so that may be whats next but Anet doesn’t take well to suggestions just look at templates.

Your situation changes so drastically for moment to moment in WvW that legendary armor might even be seen as a power creep in some situations. Personally when I want to roam in wvw I have a build that can cap the camp rather quickly but I’m killed by other roamers however if I’m running a build to defend my borderland and thus kill roamers if I had to cap a camp it takes so long that their defenders will reach me. Leg armor would negate all of that and my server would be rewarded as its not so much the player vs player but at a macro level of the server itself because all these things combine the server that can achieve its goals faster and more efficiently will be the one in the lead.

in WvW

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

And I want to add, legendary armors/weapons are not “just for the looks” items. Both in PvE and WvW they let you play more comfortably (without other equipment-stats in the inventory) and with FAR more versatility.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

WvW is a game mode, raids are not. PvE is the game mode raids are part of. One can get the GoB doing most anything in WvW — zerging, roaming, doing PvE-like dailies over time. Once cannot get LI — and thus Legendary Armor — without doing a very specific part of PvE that is aimed solely at the hobbyist gamer. The comparison to the GoB requirement does not stand up to scrutiny because one does not even need to play WvW as a pastime to get the GoD — one need only play for a few hours at one’s convenience.

Consider legendary requirements in time. Legendary weapons are the first to appear in the game and they require something out of every game mode (even though you can get around PvP and buy the associated stuff on the TP).

The backpacks are more recently added and they both are specific items requiring you to play specific game modes. And in the case of Ad Infinitum – a specific part of a specific game mode. This may well indicate a change of design philosophy – rather than make you try everything, the items now try to get you involved in their associated area of the game. This is certainly the case for the armor, by the way.

Again, I agree WvW would benefit from getting access to something similar, I just feel the argument is a bit biased.

The game, and the way it allocates rewards, has certainly changed. This might be a change in design philosophy. Alternatively, it’s possible ANet badly misjudged how players would act in relation to rewards and have adjusted how rewards are allocated to fit an original design intent they didn’t get right. The latter is certainly what they said about Exotic gear proving to be too easy to get to be max tier, and thus why Ascended required so much more time/effort.

in WvW

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

Legendary armor and weopons for that matter don’t offer any stats advantage therefore do not enhance my characters capability in wvw, so I don’t care if they give them away to the people that play pve. What do they offer other than a chance for people to play digital barbie, nothing that couldn’t be fixed with adding some wvw exclusive skins through wvw vendor. I would like a path to gain ascended armor strictly by playing wvw, so I don’t have to pve or blow gold at all. I guess if anet did that then Id want a build saver that could save multiple builds so I could more easily swap my builds around based on what role I’m playing.

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I certainly hope that legendary armour cannot be used in wvw if it is pve only there is no viable way of attaining it via wvw …surely that is only fair.

Oh so they should disable Ascended armor and all HoT stats in WvW and all Legendary armors?? Smh people, Legendary Armor isn’t a Stat increase or any advantage besides convenience they won’t be better than you in any way for having Legendary Armor vs Ascended and it’s no different than Ascended vs Exotic.

Gotta melt the lord go Zerk
Gotta command that seige while under fire go Nomad
Gotta cap that camp are chase those invaders then go something balanced

Change your runes too to match the situation in and out much faster than those swapping full ascended gears sets or swapping entire toons. The convenience is time and time stacks making it a rather obvious advantage.

Two zergs trying to cap two identicle borderlands and yet one zerg is all ascended and one is all legends the legends will cap everything faster because they can adapt faster and change everything quickly. If those two zergs fought and saw each other the zerg with legends can change their builds before the two zergs clash and get locked in combat. People are demanding sigils currently so that may be whats next but Anet doesn’t take well to suggestions just look at templates.

Your situation changes so drastically for moment to moment in WvW that legendary armor might even be seen as a power creep in some situations. Personally when I want to roam in wvw I have a build that can cap the camp rather quickly but I’m killed by other roamers however if I’m running a build to defend my borderland and thus kill roamers if I had to cap a camp it takes so long that their defenders will reach me. Leg armor would negate all of that and my server would be rewarded as its not so much the player vs player but at a macro level of the server itself because all these things combine the server that can achieve its goals faster and more efficiently will be the one in the lead.

Thinking it’s easier/faster to have to double click and stat swap all 6-11 Legendary pieces and re apply Runes vs just doubling clicking or Right click equip a different set of gear that has along runes and Infusions already applied bahaha ahaha, swapping out regular Ascended is easier and faster by far. Sorry players with Multiple pre Setup sets and Good inventory management will be able to adapt faster to any given situation. It’s just simple common sense at that point, due to there being less steps than swapping Legendary armor over.

Steps to swap Legendary armor:
Double click individual piece, look for desired stat in stat list, select stat: repeat 5-10 times.

Find appropriate Rune in Inventory/Hero Panel double click apply to armor:repeat 5 more times.

Look in inventory for Appropriate infusion double click in inventory/hero panel apply to armor: repeat 5 times.

Replace all non Legendary stat accessories double click each while finding in inventory.

Steps for Ascended swap over:

Right click slot wanting to replace right click in Hero panel equip: repeat 5 times

Weapons: replace weapons as necessary righ click slot and equip new item

Accessories: right click and select desired accessories.

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

in WvW

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

So it’s official. Only way to get legendary armor will be by doing pve. No random drop in wvw or anywhere else- it’s go dance around some stupid pve boss mechanic, execute your toon’s dance correctly and collect your reward.

So those that probably almost never change their build will have the armor that would be most useful in wvw…

If only I could face repeating the same gimmick mechanics 1000 times whilst trying not to fall asleep from the sheer boredom of it all I’d be working on some legendary armor.

I will laugh at the first person I see wearing it in wvw. But then, as an Anet guy once said, all us wvw’rs are really pve’rs in disguise anyway…

Baldrik no its not official, it HAS BEEN OFFICIAL for the past 2 years.

So why are u crying now?

in WvW

Doam.8305

Thinking it’s easier/faster to have to double click and stat swap all 6-11 Legendary pieces and re apply Runes vs just doubling clicking or Right click equip a different set of gear that has along runes and Infusions already applied bahaha ahaha, swapping out regular Ascended is easier and faster by far. Sorry players with Multiple pre Setup sets and Good inventory management will be able to adapt faster to any given situation. It’s just simple common sense at that point, due to there being less steps than swapping Legendary armor over.

Double click individual piece, look for desired stat in stat list, select stat: repeat 5-10 times.

Find appropriate Rune in Inventory/Hero Panel double click apply to armor:repeat 5 more times.

Look in inventory for Appropriate infusion double click in inventory/hero panel apply to armor: repeat 5 times.

Replace all non Legendary stat accessories double click each while finding in inventory.

Right click slot wanting to replace right click in Hero panel equip: repeat 5 times

1. This game really needs templates

2. Your an ant in WvW its not about you its about the effectiveness of the greater hive and many people don’t carry the tools necessary to constantly swap gear and some have never even left WvW since their creation. Eventually there will be an additional set of legendary armor no doubt sooner than the time it took to get the first because they talked about having to rework systems for the hundredth time in order to get it to work. One would think that would mean we’d get the next set faster but its anet and they’ll rework systems just to abandon and rework even more systems in a never ending loop. At any rate a zerg/group that can shift its priorities on the orders of their cmd is different than an individual and the more complex something is the harder time the masses will have with it. Thus I maintain that if you were a cmd with a zerg legendary armor would be the fastest change for your zerg because all the people need to know are the prefix/rune names and repeat the same process. I don’t have that much faith in humanity to get people to sift through the inventory compared to just clicking their armor directly.

Not many people have muliple sets and of course this sort of thing won’t happen for awhile. Though I maintain L. Armor locked to raids is a bad thing because some will grind till the point of burnout, play a mode they despise in order it, or lose their carrot on a stick they use for motivation. Basically people will leave the raid scene once they get the armor and they’ll start to travel back into other modes. You can be in a ten man roaming party and not everyone may have the gear to swap but a ten man raiding team bored and ready to try something different with their new armor will probably try their luck in WvW. Considering raids have guilds behind them its not too far a stretch at all that those guild members share a server for WvW and assist each other and members in getting the armor. Unlike weapons the armor can be a guild activity and thus they can easily in time eclipse other swapping methods in WvW since some WvW guild do engage in other activities.

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

1. This game really needs templates

2. Your an ant in WvW its not about you its about the effectiveness of the greater hive and many people don’t carry the tools necessary to constantly swap gear and some have never even left WvW since their creation. Eventually there will be an additional set of legendary armor no doubt sooner than the time it took to get the first because they talked about having to rework systems for the hundredth time in order to get it to work. One would think that would mean we’d get the next set faster but its anet and they’ll rework systems just to abandon and rework even more systems in a never ending loop. At any rate a zerg/group that can shift its priorities on the orders of their cmd is different than an individual and the more complex something is the harder time the masses will have with it. Thus I maintain that if you were a cmd with a zerg legendary armor would be the fastest change for your zerg because all the people need to know are the prefix/rune names and repeat the same process. I don’t have that much faith in humanity to get people to sift through the inventory compared to just clicking their armor directly.

Not many people have muliple sets and of course this sort of thing won’t happen for awhile. Though I maintain L. Armor locked to raids is a bad thing because some will grind till the point of burnout, play a mode they despise in order it, or lose their carrot on a stick they use for motivation. Basically people will leave the raid scene once they get the armor and they’ll start to travel back into other modes. You can be in a ten man roaming party and not everyone may have the gear to swap but a ten man raiding team bored and ready to try something different with their new armor will probably try their luck in WvW. Considering raids have guilds behind them its not too far a stretch at all that those guild members share a server for WvW and assist each other and members in getting the armor. Unlike weapons the armor can be a guild activity and thus they can easily in time eclipse other swapping methods in WvW since some WvW guild do engage in other activities.

Bahahah trying to avoid the statement hat Multiple sets of gear is faster and easier to swap to and from when you are proven wrong, and most players I know in WvW and other game modes have multiple Ascended sets and those multiple sets of Ascended are cheaper than one set of Legendary armor.

There is no benefit besides convenience with bag space over having Legendary vs Ascended, none what so ever. You don’t get more stats and it’s slower to swap between Legendary stat swap then it is to swap between Ascended gear.

in WvW

Posted by: OhHellzNo.1268

OhHellzNo.1268

I’ve pretty much given up on the idea of legendary non-pve gear.

I would be happy if we could just buy upgrade extractors with badges of honor.

in WvW

Posted by: Aventador.8496

Aventador.8496

There should be other ways to get some sort of Legendary Armor such as fotm, wvw, or pvp to make it so that legendary armor isn’t only obtainable from one small part of the game.

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

If you haven’t noticed WvW is the least prioritized game mode with almost zero support, every other gamemode even one that doesn’t require Armor stats has an Ascended Vendor except for WvW… quit kidding yourself it will probably be another two years before WvW gets an Ascended Vendor let alone a set of Armor that took 2 years to even implement when it was promised with the Expac…

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Why should ANET invest anything into WvW? Even if all the WvW players put in 5USD each once a year it’d still be negligible. Probably still not enough to put in the effort for Legendary Armor.

The normal game mode’s max capacity at a single time is only ~28,000. Split that up into the 5 significant time zones then maybe you have 120,000 WvW players…but I doubt it. At least Eotm is effectively uncapped.

WvW has no system in place to make it profitable, so I can see why changes are sparse. It probably manages to only pay for 3 people a year.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Raiden.1375

Raiden.1375

Just out of curiosity, would you guys still be upset if Legendary Armor only required clearing all the current raid wings once (just for the Legendary Armor collection achievements)? And then after that, the Legendary Insights could be obtained through weekly reward tracks in WvW or PvP, similar to how raid boss kills only drop the Legendary Insights once per week?

Basically, it would then theoretically be possible to only spend a week or so clearing all of the PvE Raid wings, and then you could go back to WvW or PvP to earn the rest of the Legendary Insights that are needed to craft the armor. Where as right now, you would have to clear the all of the currrent raid wings every week for 3 months straight to acquire enough Legendary Insights for the armor.

in WvW

Doam.8305

Bahahah trying to avoid the statement hat Multiple sets of gear is faster and easier to swap to and from when you are proven wrong, and most players I know in WvW and other game modes have multiple Ascended sets and those multiple sets of Ascended are cheaper than one set of Legendary armor.

There is no benefit besides convenience with bag space over having Legendary vs Ascended, none what so ever. You don’t get more stats and it’s slower to swap between Legendary stat swap then it is to swap between Ascended gear.

Good for them but most of the people don’t live in WvW as I know many people with separate gear myself included but that doesn’t change the fact the people I know that do that are in my guild. The majority of people in WvW aren’t tied to a guild their just following a cmd and there not going to have organized bags full of gear to fiddle through each and every time they want to change. I myself have a locked bag that the items can’t be sold or new items added that hold my side armor. Your legendary is all on a single window and each one is listed side by side it’ll take all but two seconds to click and selcet a prefix and replace a rune per piece. There is no clicking and dragging gear to slots either it’ll all be in a neat scroll down just like for weapons no doubt.

Legendary armor will be the go to method for the foreseeable future not just because of the individual but for the greater server as stated all actions are tied and its the fuid motion of your entire server that determines the outcome so one must look at things from the macro level unlike one would for Pve or Spvp.

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

Good for them but most of the people don’t live in WvW as I know many people with separate gear myself included but that doesn’t change the fact the people I know that do that are in my guild. The majority of people in WvW aren’t tied to a guild their just following a cmd and there not going to have organized bags full of gear to fiddle through each and every time they want to change. I myself have a locked bag that the items can’t be sold or new items added that hold my side armor. Your legendary is all on a single window and each one is listed side by side it’ll take all but two seconds to click and selcet a prefix and replace a rune per piece. There is no clicking and dragging gear to slots either it’ll all be in a neat scroll down just like for weapons no doubt.

Legendary armor will be the go to method for the foreseeable future not just because of the individual but for the greater server as stated all actions are tied and its the fuid motion of your entire server that determines the outcome so one must look at things from the macro level unlike one would for Pve or Spvp.

Thy already stated how it works the runes go in your inventory not saved in the piece like how the stat prefixes are, the Infusions are the same way, your argument was that it’s so much faster and convenient and an advantage over multiple sets, when it is not, it is a lot more work that isn’t intuitive, it will take over twice as long to swap over, so your hypothetical Legendary time advantage is a complete disadvantage for quick swapping in between skirmishes.

You don’t have to drag and drop any extra gear you literally either double click the alternate item from the left hand pane or right click your currently equipped item and equip the desired one. no dragging or dropping everything can be done easily in the Hero Panel…… TFW having to explain basic gameplay designs….

Legendary armor will require double clicking each individual piece search through the list for desired stat and double clicking the runes you want from the left hand pane and then clicking on the desired piece repeated 5 more times same with infusions………..

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Why should ANET invest anything into WvW? Even if all the WvW players put in 5USD each once a year it’d still be negligible. Probably still not enough to put in the effort for Legendary Armor.

The normal game mode’s max capacity at a single time is only ~28,000. Split that up into the 5 significant time zones then maybe you have 120,000 WvW players…but I doubt it. At least Eotm is effectively uncapped.

WvW has no system in place to make it profitable, so I can see why changes are sparse. It probably manages to only pay for 3 people a year.

If the WvW population wasn’t profitable then we wouldn’t have a matchup system that encourages paid server transfers. Aside from a couple neck scarf thieves with legendary weapons most other thieves I see are sporting gem store gear. Also, we have the provisioner, everything else we have to leave WvW and go pve for, so any numbers in pve players favor is padded by all the WvW refugees trying to hammer out their gear to get back to WvW.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Chinchilla.1785

If the WvW population wasn’t profitable then we wouldn’t have a matchup system that encourages paid server transfers. Aside from a couple neck scarf thieves with legendary weapons most other thieves I see are sporting gem store gear. Also, we have the provisioner, everything else we have to leave WvW and go pve for, so any numbers in pve players favor is padded by all the WvW refugees trying to hammer out their gear to get back to WvW.

Idk. Ever since improved rewards I think real money paying for transfers has reduced. At the very least my guild has never needed to use real money for such things. Converting my badges, and selling tributes every so often nets me enough on it’s own.

I suspect only roamers are hurting for gold, and possibly those in the lowest tiers. I’m still not convinced much money comes out of WvW. The matchup system doesn’t encourage much beyond ANET’s desire to fiddle with linking every couple months. If anything it’s cheaper to transfer to those links.

Ultimately. If WvW was more profitably we would have see more content (like Eotm, Desert BL) over features (rewards, canons, etc…). I have a strong suspicious the money has dried up now regardless. Which leaves little incentive for WvW Legendary Armor. Maybe a backpack?

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Here a good question to ask if wvw was the only way to get legendary armor how would raider react?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Raiden.1375

Why do you think WvW players are inherently less profitable for Anet? If anything, WvW probably has the worst rewards out of all 3 game modes right now, so they have the least capability to buy gear, convert in game gold to gems, etc.

It could then potentially be argued that WvWers are more willing to spend real cash for gems etc because they can’t afford as much as other players can by just playing their preferred game mode. Or you could also argue WvWers are quitting (at least the WvW game mode) due to that very lack of rewards.

In any case, there may be less players that actively participate in WvW than in PvE, but I wouldn’t say that WvW is so vacant that it should be abandoned. I think there are probably even fewer active PvE raiders, which is what the Legendary Armor that this topic is about was just released for.

in WvW

Chinchilla.1785

Why do you think WvW players are inherently less profitable for Anet? If anything, WvW probably has the worst rewards out of all 3 game modes right now, so they have the least capability to buy gear, convert in game gold to gems, etc.

It could then potentially be argued that WvWers are more willing to spend real cash for gems etc because they can’t afford as much as other players can by just playing their preferred game mode. Or you could also argue WvWers are quitting (at least the WvW game mode) due to that very lack of rewards.

In any case, there may be less players that actively participate in WvW than in PvE, but I wouldn’t say that WvW is so vacant that it should be abandoned. I think there are probably even fewer active PvE raiders, which is what the Legendary Armor that this topic is about was just released for.

Probably bad wording. Bluntly. I don’t believe Legendary Armor is a high priority for WvW based on the amount of players active in it (as you said) and there by the game mode contributes less gem funding because of the lack of population. I am not saying I know the actual value each player on average contributes. I mean what you exactly pointed out. Less players, less money. So, not necessarily good for business.

It’s unfortunate. WvW makes more use of stats switching than any other game mode by far in my opinion.

As for why the population is low is too many things to go into potentially. I can say that map caps did not help in that regard at launch (you couldn’t even see queue numbers back then!).

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

WvW should have its own specialized armour, with unique skins for each server, that takes six months plus to get a full set. And tested fully to ensure no shortcuts to getting. And no caving to cries on the forums. It should be hard to get and extra bonus is it forces you to get to know the community.

Not legendary, but a set that offers unique benefits to wvw. Better than legendary

Better still, make it a fully engaged comm plan, where server players submit armour designs, they get voted on, so each server “owns” it’s design. Encourages player engagement and personal investment, and ushers in a new era of player-driven gaming.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Raiden.1375

Probably bad wording. Bluntly. I don’t believe Legendary Armor is a high priority for WvW based on the amount of players active in it (as you said) and there by the game mode contributes less gem funding because of the lack of population. I am not saying I know the actual value each player on average contributes. I mean what you exactly pointed out. Less players, less money. So, not necessarily good for business.

It’s unfortunate. WvW makes more use of stats switching than any other game mode by far in my opinion.

As for why the population is low is too many things to go into potentially. I can say that map caps did not help in that regard at launch (you couldn’t even see queue numbers back then!).

Ah okay fair enough, well that clears up what you mean about the profitabilty. However, it still doesn’t explain this:

By that logic, shouldn’t the Legendary Armor just be acquired by playing only open world PvE (not raids), since that is what the majority of the player base participates in? Also, if they did make Legendary Armor a reward for WvW, I think that would attract a lot of players into participating in WvW more, thus making it more profitable proportionally.

in WvW

Chinchilla.1785

By that logic, shouldn’t the Legendary Armor just be acquired by playing only open world PvE (not raids), since that is what the majority of the player base participates in? Also, if they did make Legendary Armor a reward for WvW, I think that would attract a lot of players into participating in WvW more, thus making it more profitable proportionally.

No lie, I used to joke the WvW population was equivalent to the RP population. It’s hard to say what the raid population is. If it really is tiny, it does seem silly to make it solely for ‘raiders.’ However, it isn’t much of a stretch to go from open pve, dungeons, fractals, and raids. To venture into Spvp or WvW is a different transition (I would think WvW be more smooth than Spvp…). Perhaps ANET clumped all of the PvE players together when they made the decision hoping all would follow that PvE progression.

As for attraction. Idk. The main detractor of WvW (and every aspect of this game tbh) is actually balance. It’s probably the one thing the WvW community can agree on. I can say that implementing a legendary progression for WvWers wouldn’t hurt. Assuming it’s toward the Raid armor. I just don’t think it’s plausible for a new set exclusive to WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

There are so many type of trolls on the internet ,some of them sent to destroy something or someone , if you are one of those haters GTFO this game .

in WvW

Raiden.1375

As for attraction. Idk. The main detractor of WvW (and every aspect of this game tbh) is actually balance. It’s probably the one thing the WvW community can agree on. I can say that implementing a legendary progression for WvWers wouldn’t hurt. Assuming it’s toward the Raid armor. I just don’t think it’s plausible for a new set exclusive to WvW.

I would agree that the balance can be improved on for sure, which would also help. As you said though, the balance doesn’t only effect WvW, so that can’t be the only thing keeping players from participating in it more. If it’s not plausible to have an entire exclusive new set of legendary armor for WvW or PvP too, then that’s even more of a reason to make this current set that’s about to be released more accessible to people who don’t do PvE raids.

Here’s a suggestion I made in the main Legendary Armor feedback thread which I think would go a long way in helping with that:

I think it would be great if there were more ways to earn Legendary Insights (Especially if different Legendary Armor skins for other game modes isn’t already planned).

For example, upon completing any of the raid wings, it could unlock that wing’s reward track for PvP/WvW (similar to how completing the living world story unlocks the corresponding new map’s reward track currently).

The reward track could award the same amount of Legendary Insights as you can normally get per week for completing that raid wing. Each raid wing’s reward track could also be limited to only being able to be completed once per week.

This additional method of obtaining Legendary Insights would help alleviate a lot of players frustrations about having to “grind” PvE raids for so long to obtain enough LI for Legendary Armor, without removing the skill factor needed to complete the PvE raids in the first place. And don’t forget, Legendary Insights are only just one of the many ingredients needed to craft Legendary Armor.

So to recap, with this additional method of obtaining Legendary Insights, the following will remain to be true for obtaining Legendary Armor:

• It still requires completing each of the current raid wings at least once (to complete the Legendary Armor collection achievements & to unlock the reward tracks).
  • The above requirement therefore makes sure that obtaining Legendary Armor still requires a certain level of skill (for those that think WvW/PvP some how inherently requires less skill than the PvE raids).
  • Obtaining enough Legendary Insights still requires a significant time investment (Skilled raiding groups should be able to get the LI quicker still)

And the following would No Longer be true to obtain the armor:

• You have to “grind” PvE Raids for months on end, even if that is not your preferred area of game play.

Also, I don’t think this would require too much work to implement, so there’s another pro. Of course, there are other approaches that could be taken as well, but what would you guys think of something like that?

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Here a good question to ask if wvw was the only way to get legendary armor how would raider react?

How do pvers always react if they ever have to do anything involving wvw or pvp? They cry, scream, demand, and send death threats to Anet until they cave and allow them to do it in pve instead.

in WvW

Chinchilla.1785

Literally the above post!

It works functionally. Those “pure WvWers” might have backlash on a full run through each raid wing.

Personally, I’d rather link it to objectives or Points of Interest/Vistas in WvW too. The intent being people venture out of their current playstyles/maps and experience WvW as a whole.

in WvW

Jski.6180

How do pvers always react if they ever have to do anything involving wvw or pvp? They cry, scream, demand, and send death threats to Anet until they cave and allow them to do it in pve instead.

As seen with the old map completion hehe. It feels like anet is making the same errors over and over. We realty need to cox them into changing there approaches to this game.

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

Just out of curiosity, would you guys still be upset if Legendary Armor only required clearing all the current raid wings once (just for the Legendary Armor collection achievements)? And then after that, the Legendary Insights could be obtained through weekly reward tracks in WvW or PvP, similar to how raid boss kills only drop the Legendary Insights once per week?

Basically, it would then theoretically be possible to only spend a week or so clearing all of the PvE Raid wings, and then you could go back to WvW or PvP to earn the rest of the Legendary Insights that are needed to craft the armor. Where as right now, you would have to clear the all of the currrent raid wings every week for 3 months straight to acquire enough Legendary Insights for the armor.

That, I could accept. I could just pay some pve guild to do it for me while i afk through all the wings once. Then I could earn the armor playing my preferred mode and not have to suffer continuously through mind numbingly boring pve that i have zero interest in, just to get something that would be beneficial for me in WvW. But doing something like that would make sense and would benefit everyone, so of course Anet will never do it.

That would be a compromise I would be willing to make. But I would PREFER that WvW gets its own separate unique legendary armor different from the PvE version that requires zero interaction with anything PvE related that WvW players could get only from doing WvW

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

Why would a Legendary sets so hard to acquired ,since it is nearly same stats like ascended items and similar to fashion sets with glowing effects ,this item should be acquired either from pve,pvp and wvw will make us all players happy .

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

As seen with the old map completion hehe. It feels like anet is making the same errors over and over. We realty need to cox them into changing there approaches to this game.

They never should listen to pvers at all. They just ruin the game for wvw and pvp players alike and are never happy even when they get their way anyway. Pve cries that they cant play condi in pve and are bored with all running zerk. Condi is already op in wvw, pvers dont care and cry for buffs anyway. Meta in pve changes in pve from all zerk to all condi. wvw and pvp suffer now that condi is no longer just op, but at god mode. Pvers cry now that meta is boring and they all use the same builds. They made wvw and pvpers miserable begging for changes and they still arent happy now. Anet should never listen to pvers.

in WvW

Raiden.1375

That, I could accept. I could just pay some pve guild to do it for me while i afk through all the wings once. Then I could earn the armor playing my preferred mode and not have to suffer continuously through mind numbingly boring pve that i have zero interest in, just to get something that would be beneficial for me in WvW. But doing something like that would make sense and would benefit everyone, so of course Anet will never do it.

That would be better than having to pay them 12 times right? Lol, even if selling runs was banned or something, I would still be much more willing to give raids a try knowing that I only had to complete them once worst case scenario, and I’m sure lots of others would too. Who knows, some people might even end up enjoying them, and stick around to do some more… Which is what Anet seems to be pushing for with this.

That would be a compromise I would be willing to make. But I would PREFER that WvW gets its own separate unique legendary armor different from the PvE version that requires zero interaction with anything PvE related that WvW players could get only from doing WvW

Yeah, me too ideally. As long as that’s not another 2 years away from being implemented before we can even start working towards making it.

(edited by Raiden.1375)

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I cant w8 for the time to come when someone will say why should anet invest in y gamemode that happens to be your favourite. WvW is still 1 third of this game and before launch was one of the biggest selling points. It deserves the same amount of attention as the rest if not more

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Don’t talk about something if you dont know about it… And yes, this specific set will be raids only. That doesnt mean that theres no cha ce for other game modes to get their own (even tho i dont see it with the kitten they get from players for both the rune system and the looks).

You’re delusional if you think they’ll spend another 18 months making 3 legendary sets for 5 races and 2 genders for a game mode that traditionally gets the short end of the stick.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Jski.6180

They never should listen to pvers at all. They just ruin the game for wvw and pvp players alike and are never happy even when they get their way anyway. Pve cries that they cant play condi in pve and are bored with all running zerk. Condi is already op in wvw, pvers dont care and cry for buffs anyway. Meta in pve changes in pve from all zerk to all condi. wvw and pvp suffer now that condi is no longer just op, but at god mode. Pvers cry now that meta is boring and they all use the same builds. They made wvw and pvpers miserable begging for changes and they still arent happy now. Anet should never listen to pvers.

The sad thing is pve players need dives to keep them playing such as gear treadmills often seen in other games. Gw2 is more horizontal treadmill but that more of a build thing and most ppl who are about builds play wvw because build matter there. And well legendary armor stop the need for working to a new set of gear it simply give it to the player after its put out. So a player with legendary no longer needs expansion or to do any type of pve content. The sec a pve players gets these legendary there dive will be gone.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Don’t talk about something if you dont know about it… And yes, this specific set will be raids only. That doesnt mean that theres no cha ce for other game modes to get their own (even tho i dont see it with the kitten they get from players for both the rune system and the looks).

You’re delusional if you think they’ll spend another 18 months making 3 legendary sets for 5 races and 2 genders for a game mode that traditionally gets the short end of the stick.

It was their first time using that tech for armors. Usually when someone get more and more used doing a certain yhing they become efficient with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

It was their first time using that tech for armors. Usually when someone get more and more used doing a certain yhing they become efficient with it.

We don’t even have an ascended vendor in wvw…if you think they will design a legendary set for wvw you obviously haven’t been near wvw for long. This is where dreams come to die.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

They haven’t even bothered to give wvw it’s own legendary back piece which is much simpler to do, why would they give wvw it’s own legendary armor set lol.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Jski.6180

They haven’t even bothered to give wvw it’s own legendary back piece which is much simpler to do, why would they give wvw it’s own legendary armor set lol.

Still dose not make it right.

WvW was the selling point of GW2 not raids but there more work being put into raids. Anet realty lost there way.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

WvW was the selling point of GW2 not raids but there more work being put into raids. Anet realty lost there way.

Why i imagine Anet, thinking their pve was the selling point and all wvws are the pve players that boutg the game for pve….?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Jski.6180

Why i imagine Anet, thinking their pve was the selling point and all wvws are the pve players that boutg the game for pve….?

As that most of the pve we see today was not there when the game first came out and espots was every thing at the time (5 years ago) it was pvp only all that was the main selling point of gw2. Its also the reason why there was no treadmill for gear in the game too. Ppl seem to forgot what GW2 was to be when it first came out. An OPEN do what you want game with out needing to min and max gear or min and max players. It was for FUN.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

As that most of the pve we see today was not there when the game first came out and espots was every thing at the time (5 years ago) it was pvp only all that was the main selling point of gw2. Its also the reason why there was no treadmill for gear in the game too. Ppl seem to forgot what GW2 was to be when it first came out. An OPEN do what you want game with out needing to min and max gear or min and max players. It was for FUN.

The game had so much potential when was released,…..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Jski.6180

The game had so much potential when was released,…..

Every thing dose when you do not have all the info… because your filling in the placse and any one can go back and say “well they did not say they would do that.” That why you give as low info as you can when your trying to say you will do this and that. I still do not get how ppl are fooled by this every time and we as in the times we live in (2017) should be very aware of it by now.

The thing is Anet did videos talking about gear grinds and how you should be able to play the game the way you want and still get rewards that you want. That was the ideal behind gw2 that made it stand above all other mmorpgs.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The thing is Anet did videos talking about gear grinds and how you should be able to play the game the way you want and still get rewards that you want.

I’d be delighted to see those videos linked.

Even more common that companies leaving things vague and open to interpretations is the selective memory of their customers.

in WvW

Jski.6180

The thing is Anet did videos talking about gear grinds and how you should be able to play the game the way you want and still get rewards that you want.

I’d be delighted to see those videos linked.

Even more common that companies leaving things vague and open to interpretations is the selective memory of their customers.

There was a flood of the same video back when they added in acneded level armor.

Lol if you hate mmorpg you would love gw2. Then they added in raids…

(edited by Jski.6180)