Looking for high potential WvW servers, EU

in WvW

Posted by: Arctisavange.7260

Arctisavange.7260

About myself:

Im a regular pug commander in GH. I often tag when nobody else wants to tag- whether when our keep is about to fall, when enemies have massive blobs or when the pugs are in the mood to annoy any commander who tags up. As mentioned earlier then i often face against ridicilous big numered blobs, often outnumbered from 1:2 up to 1:4 times. I know how to lead in blob fights, i know how to defend objectives, how to strategically place siege weapons against objectives and against blobs, also i know how to annoy enemy servers as much as possible. Thats all i can say about my commanding abilities shortly. Usualy i tag from afternoon up to late night.

Now im not quite sure about leaving my server, still deciding. All im asking is a high potential list of servers when it comes to skills and rising to the top. Preferably servers that have the potential but need an commanding boost. Since i dont like queues and i want to command often, im not looking at gold tier servers. I prefer bronze ones, maybe even silver tier.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

(edited by Arctisavange.7260)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Desolation, EU rank #2. We are both PuG and WvWvW guild friendly. People and commanders co-operate on TeamSpeak and generally have a fun time. In recent months our WvWvW guild roster has gotten stronger: Golden Horde, iPro, Ink… just to mention few excellent guilds, which are now also on Desolation. As Gunnar’s Hold player you should know [Ink].

Desolation lacks open tag commanders and players from morning to afternoon time period, but even prime time is not full. Ability to do great decisions in situations when the enemy outnumbers you, is exactly what we need. Desolation spirit is to never give up, no matter what are the odds.

We currently have very little queues, but that also means our blob is often smaller than the opposing blob. If you want to be on the side which has the biggest blobs and WvWvW guilds, please go to other top servers.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

-snip-

you might want to re-read the post, jussayin’

I don’t have too much advice, being someone who only played on FoW for a decent amount of time, but I’d say you’d probably want to look a biiit higher than that. either high bronze or low silver. FoW generally had commanders but very little in the “people” department (granted I played really early EU time, but usually it was 1-2 commanders and like 10 people tops)

if anyone who plays bronze tier eu and feels like calling me an idiot feel free, as my sig suggests, I don’t play there anymore

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

-snip-

I don’t have too much advice, being someone who only played on FoW for a decent amount of time, but I’d say you’d probably want to look a biiit higher than that. either high bronze or low silver. FoW generally had commanders but very little in the “people” department (granted I played really early EU time, but usually it was 1-2 commanders and like 10 people tops)

if anyone who plays bronze tier eu and feels like calling me an idiot feel free, as my sig suggests, I don’t play there anymore

Denaria doesn’t read, it just replies with an advertisement for desolation, no matter what the post is about.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Well, my mistake this time. I was really sleepy last night when I posted that. I do actually read stuff. Anyways no big harm done. I wish good luck for the OP to find the right server.

PS. Most of my posts are actually in the profession balance sub forum.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Purrrr? :O y u no like being outmanned on GH T.T If you leave i’ll have to get down to that eb commanding business again,, dont do this to me .. and the pugs!

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

FSP is often just below the que limit so you have enough people but no waiting times and i’ve recently noticed some gaps in our commander coverage in the afternoon. You’re from GH, you’ll have probably noticed how in EB we suddendly start losing stuff during the afternoon: that’s generally where we are sitting around in ts asking who feels like tagging up next.

Hop the fence, we got skilled militia and pugs, decent numbers, ok coverage, no drama and booze.

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

If you want some suggestions for bronze server or low Silver tiers then I’d suggest Blacktide and my own server, Ring of Fire.

Both servers have recruitment threads and have the potential for rising up so check them out at your leisure.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Since i dont like queues and i want to command often, im not looking at gold tier servers. I prefer bronze ones, maybe even silver tier.

Do even gold tier servers have queues anymore?

in WvW

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

I really wonder if there actually is any server below gold whos comunity even considers rising to the top. Not sure why you think any server in silver/bronze is better than GH in that regard, OP.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in WvW

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Since i dont like queues and i want to command often, im not looking at gold tier servers. I prefer bronze ones, maybe even silver tier.

The longest queue to BL I had since last tourney was like 20 ppl and it lasted less than 3 mins. EB is bit longer but still no more than 40-50 ppl (15 mins tops).

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Desolation, EU rank #2. We are both PuG and WvWvW guild friendly. People and commanders co-operate on TeamSpeak and generally have a fun time. In recent months our WvWvW guild roster has gotten stronger: Golden Horde, iPro, Ink… just to mention few excellent guilds, which are now also on Desolation. As Gunnar’s Hold player you should know [Ink].

Desolation lacks open tag commanders and players from morning to afternoon time period, but even prime time is not full. Ability to do great decisions in situations when the enemy outnumbers you, is exactly what we need. Desolation spirit is to never give up, no matter what are the odds.

We currently have very little queues, but that also means our blob is often smaller than the opposing blob. If you want to be on the side which has the biggest blobs and WvWvW guilds, please go to other top servers.

Advertising bots on these forums are more intrusive than those on dodgy online date sites ( not that I have ever been one one of those…ever, uhm…)

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

-snip-

Denaria doesn’t read, it just replies with an advertisement for desolation, no matter what the post is about.

lol, i love desolation. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Most don’t but it’s getting ridiculous on SFR. 4 maps queued during prime time. EB queues are looking like what is was like during leagues. Few days ago SFR got a high of ~130 in queue for EB and double digit queues for the bl’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Xerion.8014

Xerion.8014

About myself:

Im a regular pug commander in GH. I often tag when nobody else wants to tag- whether when our keep is about to fall, when enemies have massive blobs or when the pugs are in the mood to annoy any commander who tags up. As mentioned earlier then i often face against ridicilous big numered blobs, often outnumbered from 1:2 up to 1:4 times. I know how to lead in blob fights, i know how to defend objectives, how to strategically place siege weapons against objectives and against blobs, also i know how to annoy enemy servers as much as possible. Thats all i can say about my commanding abilities shortly. Usualy i tag from afternoon up to late night.

Sounds like a every day dedicated commanders to me. No offense but it isn’t something that makes you stand out in the crowd.

Now im not quite sure about leaving my server, still deciding. All im asking is a high potential list of servers when it comes to skills and rising to the top. Preferably servers that have the potential but need an commanding boost. Since i dont like queues and i want to command often, im not looking at gold tier servers. I prefer bronze ones, maybe even silver tier.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Let’s be honest, ’ potential’ servers only pop up when a new season gets revealed. Since everybody will start moving to servers etc blablabla and in every tier you will have a server that has ‘potential’ because of numbers and numbers only.

You used the word ‘skill’ this game has no skill at all. Servers win because they have the biggest numbers across all timezones, unless you call spamming 1 true skill??
So called guild groups don’t make a huge difference, you also don’t need to be skilled to play in a guild group. It’s nothing special, you just need to be geared good in the right way. Playstyle will come with it, but it isn’t called skill.

Rising to the top? this comes hand in hand with having numbers across all time zones. Numbers → coverage → Best PPT most day → you win → repeat.

Now there are no potential servers to win league’s. No potential servers to rise to the top, since those servers already excist in the top tier of gold league. Servers below that mostly don’t want to be in there.

So those servers in silver/bronze won’t push hard, if they do that, they end up in gold league. So no potential to be at the top there.

On a side note, i have allways find it a kitten move to go to a ‘potential’ server during league’s since 90% of the transfers only goes there because of steamrolling matchups and get bad rewards at the end when they won the league. If you are one of those players, then meh you must be boring.

Xerion The Fierced – #1 Ranger Extraordinary
“Beautiful, talented and unique.”
Velocity [VcY] – Somewhere roaming on Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Xerion.8014)

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Most don’t but it’s getting ridiculous on SFR. 4 maps queued during prime time. EB queues are looking like what is was like during leagues. Few days ago SFR got a high of ~130 in queue for EB and double digit queues for the bl’s.

That was on reset night. Last night the q for EB was 40 or so and no q’s on bl’s. We do seem to have gained a lot of upscaled and new faces though- even though EoTM is way faster and better for upscaleds to level.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

No one really leaves GH…
You will be back when you realize there is nothing better around..
(speaking for 50% of the current population) ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: scope.4276

scope.4276

Purr is that you?? Don’t leave you wont find any better servers than the mighty GH

(edited by scope.4276)

in WvW

Posted by: Anubis.9346

Anubis.9346

Much love from Deso <3

GH matchup were a little empty but here we have nice blobs to fight !

Check this out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-C08N00uYA

Cheers

Get Get [iNk] Insidious Blink

in WvW

Posted by: Pheppo.9286

Pheppo.9286

Yeah … join all sfr – the new deso – and you can play with yourself on empty maps.

Server: Riverside [DE]
Chars: The fluffy Flapsi (Ele), Fipsip (Mesmer), Flappo (Necro), Fenix (Engi)

in WvW

Valdemas.4960

The new deso? I must say I find that insulting.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in WvW

Posted by: Terrier.8732

Terrier.8732

You could do worse than look at Piken as a server with potential for growth. Great community and lots of variety in playstyle.

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

You could do worse than look at Piken as a server with potential for growth. Great community and lots of variety in playstyle.

i confirm this ….

these people know well how to blob !!!

in WvW

Posted by: Filovirus.6258

Filovirus.6258

If you want some suggestions for bronze server or low Silver tiers then I’d suggest Blacktide and my own server, Ring of Fire.

Both servers have recruitment threads and have the potential for rising up so check them out at your leisure.

RoF seems a good idea, but not filling up (at all) what the op wants. For what he wants it’s basically Piken/Aurora/FSP or one of the Gold International servers, rest won’t match what he asked.

RoF seems to be a nice server since the bandwagoon came down before S2(they got like 5/6 Silver Guilds transfert, each fielding 15/30 people), and seems to be happy there, despite struggling in silver due to a lack of population compared to their ennemies.

Blacktide is another matter. AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE IT’S TOXIC AND DEAD !!!!!

Bt already had lost pretty much all their guilds before S2 and was sinking, because it was shifting to a mostly (Polish i think) speaking server, and only went up because the bandwagoon of Free transferts for S2 happened (FRS, Hi, RiOT, KYSA, RBL, Nuke and half a dozen or more other guilds, pretty much all fielding 15/30 man groups came there, wich is huge for Bronze), but as predicted, they just had numbers, no cohesion, infighting (most of those guild hoped servers 5/6 times in the past 8 months or so….) and they crumbled (like predicted) at the first sign of opposition/difficulty.

It started during season, and now it’s over. Nuke left for (GH i think or something), RiOT/xoac(exFRS mostly, that disbanded some weeks ago), KYSA (not sure), LEET and quite some others moved to FSP, the rest of the guilds either followed or will be in the next couple weeks (like RBL and another).

So no, don’t go on Bt if you want anything outside UW/Vabbi/FoW/WSR levels of WvW (and that’s not fun at all honestly).

Stick to mid Silver and higher, not down.

(edited by Filovirus.6258)

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Gunnars Hold recruiting new commanders. If you’re looking for a great server with a friendly and active community then check us out!

www.gunnars-hold.eu

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Posted by: Terrier.8732

Terrier.8732

i confirm this ….

takes Reborn’s blindfold off

(edited by Terrier.8732)

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Gunnars Hold recruiting new commanders. If you’re looking for a great server with a friendly and active community then check us out!

www.gunnars-hold.eu

fail

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Shaun.1526

Shaun.1526

www.gunnars-hold.eu

fail

Think you missed the joke, mate.

RES
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Valdemas.4960

What’s the joke?

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in WvW

Posted by: I Am Dansker.7105

I Am Dansker.7105

What’s the joke?

That the guy is already from GH trying to find a new server

Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

i confirm this ….

Confirmed, Piken is a very good server. Don’t listen to the trash talk, I have been here since the game started and even with facing many hard opponents , we still can pull a trick or two. We have some superb commanders also – Victimizer and Moopy being my favorites. Pretty good community all round

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake