Massive lag in fights. Massive Disconnects

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

For the past two weeks the lag has really started to pick up. Pretty much wvw is almost unplayable and not fun at all for me at the moment. It is also only in WvW as if I leave wvw and go to PVE or PVP I get no lag spikes or disconnects.

It doesn’t matter which wvw map I choose it still happens. I lose all my abilities to swap weapons and/or use my skills yet I can dodge forever till I DC. Sad thing is the npc’s and other players can still attack me and I can’t do anything except die.

Almost happens in every single fight against other players. I either get huge lag spikes that cause me to end up in down state or I try to swap weapons and it takes 5 – 10 secs to even swap if that even happens at all.

Also I’m on gate of madness server and I’m not the only person to experience this problem. Like I said it is only in WvW. Not PVP or PVE.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Try /ip. Is it 161? That one’s bad.

in WvW

briggah.7910

ip shows 162. it really happens as soon as I engage any other player

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

briggah.7910

Still having the lag issues. Her is a video of the lag. I don’t know what kind of patching/updating anet is doing behind the scenes but it is only affecting WvW for me. I ran through todays new living stories with no problems and now I’m in PvP cause no lag there as well.. Please check that hamster that is running the wvw servers..

http://youtu.be/kUC3Hs2vqoo

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

It definitely seems a lot worse after the that last small patch they did a while ago. Not sure what they did, but they EBG is filled with people blinking around for my entire guild.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I don’t think anet are ever going to talk about this, let alone fix it. Just give up. They’re not going to help us >_<

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in WvW

Posted by: Gubbo Supreme.6498

Gubbo Supreme.6498

This really has been bad ever since the patch on Tuesday. I’ve commanded a couple of events since then, and we can’t even get into a fight without skill lag or movement latency. I have also dc’d more times in the past week trying to WP within a map or move to another WvW map. It has even made some people quit playing WvW out of frustration, and I’ve been whispered by other servers we fought and they said the lag is ridiculous for their group also. I’ve been trying to look for a red post about it, but haven’t found one so far.

Could we please have someone address this issue? It is likely effecting hundreds of players, and has made WvW almost unplayable.

in WvW

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Indeed…this issue is becoming worse, it seems.

Henge of Denravi runs a Theme Night on Thursdays, and last night we had a Charr Night. We had probably 30-40 players gather in the HoD Border Land.

We had many issues of lag during fights, and even just crossing terrain there were instances of major ‘rubber-banding’. Also many players experienced sudden disconnect from the server.

My personal experience seemed to center on disconnecting form the server if I opened the map and tried to Waypoint travel.

Please, can someone look into this issue, as we went from a group of 30+ down to a group of maybe 7-10 simply due to frustration with the game performance.

We also were on the 161 IP mentioned in earlier posts.

Even a post from someone letting us know it is being looked into would be great.

Thanks

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

in WvW

Posted by: rhayan.9580

rhayan.9580

i cant stay connected for more than 10mins on wvw…

Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

ANet gets hit with dos sometimes.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Gubbo Supreme.6498

Gubbo Supreme.6498

ANet gets hit with dos sometimes.

It does, but this has been constant lag since the patch. DOS attacks usually effect the whole game, and not just WvW. Also, DOS attacks usually last hours, and ANET is quick to respond and resolve the issue.

I’m curious as to why I haven’t seen a dev address this yet. When a DOS attack does happen, they respond quickly because customers are unable to play the game. This issue is similar, but it is only effecting WvW. I would think they would like to respond to an issue making the game near unplayable for hundreds of players.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I have not been experiencing any of these problems. Is this a problem with the Euro servers? Is it possible it might have something to do with weather and/or solar activity?

Just guessing……

WvW, PvE….all has been fine. Got into this huge fight on WvW last night and there was no lag whatsoever…..smooth as silk.

I am on the west coast USA….maybe that has something to do with my not running into these sorts of problems. (I am also on a high speed fiber optics connection)

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

Mine is generally running smoothly except for random sudden lag spikes. Last night my game lag spiked for about 30 sec while capturing a tower that I was there for the whole time for, sitting in the champ room, lag spike hit, got disconnected, logged back on, was dead and missed getting any rewards. Then again got hit with a huge lag spike while attacking a keep, lag spiked, dc’ed, came back on, was dead. The odd thing about the second one was that there were no defenders at all, so I’m not sure how I managed to die unless a whole zerg showed up in the 15-20 sec it took me to get dropped from server.

Kind of makes it hard to do anything and stay alive when my game just freezes entirely mid-melee.

in WvW

Posted by: bulvi.9376

bulvi.9376

On Maguuma. Extreme lag spikes where we are pausing for like 4-6 seconds. Anet please fix this! We are so fed up with this lag, our guild is about to stop playing gw2! We’ve noticed this lag spikes since this week’s update. Really unplayable lag spikes.

Leader of XOXO in Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: realhunter.7186

realhunter.7186

On Maguuma. Extreme lag spikes where we are pausing for like 4-6 seconds. Anet please fix this! We are so fed up with this lag, our guild is about to stop playing gw2! We’ve noticed this lag spikes since this week’s update. Really unplayable lag spikes.

yes lag spikes are horrible im on ET and fed up as well freezing up for 4-6 secs as well… its super fun engaging in a fight and freezing up and coming back dead….. plz fix!!!!

64.25.38.162:0

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

IP 161 and 162 are still bad. Come on ANET!

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: fritanga.1623

fritanga.1623

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

206.127.159.123:0
DC’ing every ~20 min, while max 3 player around me, only GW2 problem as TS does not disconnect..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

EBG and SoSBL in unplayable in T2 NA matchup. Skills doesn’t work properly in a fight, there’s always like 4-5 second delay and it always ends up being d/ced.

C’mon Anet!

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

EBG and SoSBL in unplayable in T2 NA matchup. Skills doesn’t work properly in a fight, there’s always like 4-5 second delay and it always ends up being d/ced.

C’mon Anet!

^This

Just horrible :/

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

This is just weird. I got like 5 min long lag and after that everything happened super speed and now i am stuck again.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: DontPaniC.8740

DontPaniC.8740

Aye T2 ebg has lag issues please someone look into it.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Same problem here. Having really strange lag spikes.. Usually if I lag it’s very obvious that I’m lagging. I won’t be taking damage if I’m in a fight, the other player(s) will start running in a straight line or stop moving all together, I can’t use skills, etc. But the lag I’ve been having since Tuesday is like… Everyone can still attack me, I can dodge and it’ll still count as a dodge (I can’t dodge infinitely) and I can’t enter portals (I can’t go in keeps/towers, etc.). Last night I was trying to survive a group of about 10 people attack me near SMC so I was kiting them around near the gate incase I needed to run back inside. Then I started to lag out and I couldn’t attack but they could still attack me.. So I ran for the gate and I couldn’t get back inside, instead I died right against the portal. Extremely annoying and not like lags I’ve gotten in the past.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Yeah, same here…. getting lag like i will be rooted in place for eternity and none of my skills will work… also getting frequent disconnects.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I can’t spend the thousands of Gems I have bought on skins because of the lag… Anet you are losing thousands of dollars in revenue because of lag. Clicks don’t respond…

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I can’t spend the thousands of Gems I have bought on skins because of the lag… Anet you are losing thousands of dollars in revenue because of lag. Clicks don’t respond…

But you bought the geams – don’t care if you spend them lol, funny response though….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Anet you are losing thousands of dollars in revenue because of lag. Clicks don’t respond…

Haha, I lol’ed at that
Seriously Anet, been 24 hours now and still laggy as hell…

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: eGn.7029

eGn.7029

Fix your kittening lag game !

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.6340

Sol.6340

Only 24 hours? It’s been getting steadily worse for the last week, essentially since the Living World update. WvW is the reason I play this game and its largely unplayable, which is frustrating. I don’t show packet loss but I am seeing significant lag in server response from the connected IP.

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

No word yet from anyone, not even a ‘we are aware of the issue and are looking into it’

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Posted by: thebeaRRRRR.8640

thebeaRRRRR.8640

It’s been really laggy the last 2 weeks during of all times, sea in tier 1. Skill lag in EBG is so bad to the point that everyone gets 10 second skill lags and sometimes my dodge roll and forward key doesn’t even work. For a tz that is said to be a ghost town for wvw, I think this is pretty unacceptable. Please do something anet!

[AHMA] Giam Chye Cha Loti
Ele, guardian
Ultimate Dominator

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

No word yet from anyone, not even a ‘we are aware of the issue and are looking into it’

working as intended i assume then…

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

I actually didn’t have any real lag spikes last night, surprisingly. Or maybe I did. I don’t know. The only thing I can think of is a thief backing up really far in a straight line and when I tried to shoot her, I was shooting where she was originally standing and eventually killed her. Even while she was backing up all the way to SMC. I don’t even know what’s going on any more.

in WvW

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

there are dozens of thread on this topic and zero dev responses. what kind of game is this? Every other mmo I’ve played fixes whatever is broken within days of it being reported. Maybe in 2 more years the lag will get fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Today our full ele party dc nearly all at the same time whilst raiding. When we log back in there is que, so we que up. I join our homeborder whilst waiting for que top pop and realized i am still lagging, i can not get out of hills inner portal on keep and not use any skills, and i dc again shortly after. I restart all and reset router, but due to que our raid were without eles for a long period of time and we lost a raidnight.
It all was fine again though as soon as we join Obsidian Sanctum for a scrim.

Could a-net please respond to this in some sort of way and at least acknowledge that you got a hickup in to the system and give us some estimated info about were you are going with this and if we can help in any way with info to sort it.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

upgrade your gear.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Not the client end on servers 161 and 162. 161 has been replaced, 162 still an issue from what I read.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Again huge lags, warping and can’t log in anymore. Yesterday was ok so thought that they fixed this, but kitten.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Hex.6415

Hex.6415

In my case it was fixed with VPN, using a server located in Germany.

The lag/disconnect comes and goes and seems network routing related since it happens on various server IP/s. When it hits, only way to log in and play is via VPN.

Had similar issues 8-9 months ago, vpn fixed those as well.

(edited by Hex.6415)

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

All this week I have had insane lag in WvW. It pauses and then everything speeds up as the server catches up, only to do it again a little later. kitten is going on?

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

162 still laggy.. need fix please

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie