NEED more commander tag colors please

in WvW

Posted by: Queen of FA.7398

Queen of FA.7398

We need a few more tag colors please. When you have multiple commanders on a map and only have 4 colors to choose from it’s not so good. Can we have please just a few more tag colors? We have red, blue, purple, yellow. Can we have like 4 more color options like green, pink, orange, and silver? This would help a lot.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

And shapes. Come on Anet, gimme a baby quaggan head tag already.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: skeet.1390

skeet.1390

Back in my day all we had was Blue and we liked it. Kids these days.

Zoe Whiplash
[BanG]

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Or use guild emblem (with transparent background of course).

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

What? You have purple. That’s all you need!

Ok, I really don’t know if there’s an option to add colors or a plan to do so. But just in case, what would be on the wish list? Keep in mind the tag should be visible on the mini and world/overhead map, so it might be best to suggest bold, non-metallic, non-transparent-ish colors.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Ok, I really don’t know if there’s an option to add colors or a plan to do so. But just in case, what would be on the wish list? Keep in mind the tag should be visible on the mini and world/overhead map, so it might be best to suggest bold, non-metallic, non-transparent-ish colors.

How about telling us what is available?

Edit: I mean is the entire color spectrum available or is there limitations?

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

(edited by Loosmaster.8263)

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Red is hard to see against an enemy blob and particle effects. Blue is hard to spot due to friendly squad blue names.

While a lot of servers originally assigned meanings to specific colors (map, guild raid, scout, etc), often now it’s just “can we have only one tag of that color on the map?”

So orange, maybe? Or brown? Bright teal?

Also, the ability to change the tag color while leading a squad would be hugely helpful…

in WvW

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I think there are enough colors personally, but would like the Red and Blue to be more visible.
Or revamp the way the dots affect each other on the minimap, maybe give us options on how large to make the dots and pins. (Since some won’t be able to see anything if too small)

in WvW

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

Maybe make some tags blink? Or 2 color tags?

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

As a red-green colorblind I really hate the red tag, I always spend hour trying to find it on the mostly green maps.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Green and Orange to satisfy my OCD :p (Base colors red, yellow, blue, mixing 2 of those gives Orange, Green and Purple).

I already have trouble spotting the Yellow tag as is, and I think some tinkering with the color of it would be nice to make it stand out more. Red could also be stronger/brighter to be more visible, sometime miss that one.

Blue and Purple seems to work best (for me).

Orange shouldn’t prove much of a problem it’s a pretty visible color. Green could be harder, but make it a strong/bright green so it doesn’t blend into the background and it could work.

Going to guess a lot of people are going to vote for Pink, think it will only cause trouble with red/purple. White/black is completely out.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Perhaps a neon green? Noxxi made some points on it here as well as a colorblind option:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4fsytu/my_points_as_of_why_i_want_and_ask_for_a_green/

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

in WvW

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

Can you pop the idea of making your guild emblem your commander tag? It would be awesome to look at your map and know what guild is running where or at least the guild of the commander running. Would make for a great commander alternative using art already in the game.

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Green, orange, white, black, grey, pink, brown and tan.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hey Loosmaster — I don’t know what would be available, but I’d suggest that ideas might best stay within the normal color ranges, even the standard 9 (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, brown, white).

In truth, I just had my curiosity piqued by the concept and wondered (1) if more colors were truly desired/desirable and (2) what colors you guys had in mind.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: sirjarros.4107

sirjarros.4107

I wouldn’t mind more colors. However, I would LOVE shapes that have meaning based on group style and roles: zerg-mander, guild only, havoc squad, guerilla strike force/black ops, roaming, defense, scouting, etc.

Our server tried to reach a consensus on assigning such meanings to the various colors, but eventually, since we couldn’t really control or enforce them, we learned to live with multiple tags and colors and didn’t worry about the meanings so much. And that actually improved our communication and coordination.

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Hey Loosmaster — I don’t know what would be available, but I’d suggest that ideas might best stay within the normal color ranges, even the standard 9 (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, brown, white).

In truth, I just had my curiosity piqued by the concept and wondered (1) if more colors were truly desired/desirable and (2) what colors you guys had in mind.

That’s why I was asking. Maybe you can get an answer from the Devs if there is a certain color spectrum the game may be limited to in relation to the icons so we don’t offer suggestions needlessly, if you catch my drift.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I often run a scout tag but it tends to confuse new players or those that aren’t part of the server community. It would be useful to have a different shape so that people can tell where we have eyes without having to all be in the same squad.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

I figured I’d add this to the conversation to help visualize options

Attachments:

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Pulsefire Jayce.4753

Pulsefire Jayce.4753

-Black
-White
-Orange
-Green (Emerald)

in WvW

Posted by: Ashes.9586

Ashes.9586

-Black
-White
-Orange
-Green (Emerald)

These right here. I would add pink to the list but the purple we have is already kinda pinkish.

The Legion Calls

in WvW

Posted by: Taldeer.6720

Taldeer.6720

Personally, I would like Sky-Blue Pink.

In all seriousness though, a green and orange tag being added would help a lot. Also, a private guild tag would be pretty sweet as well.

Wenova

Best RPer OCX

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Green please????

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Guild tag would be pretty difficult imo, if it’s the emblem alone, it’ll be hard to see. You “could” make the tag look like the guild shields, a silver background with the emblem, but the emblem would then be smaller, and will probably just look like a jumble of colors, especially considering that some emblems are pretty detailed.

in WvW

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

not saying it a colour I would use but pink would stand out.

-Black
-White
-Silver
-Pink
-Orange
-Green
-Electric blue……. wait…..

can we get flashing tags!? like one that could fade from a dark red to a bright red and back again over say a 2 seconds flashing faster if in combat ? would mean more limited colour options but they would be hard to miss people.

make it an extra 150g, “the supreme commander accessory hand book” with all the bells and whistles. with flashing tags, more colours, maybe with guild symbols ( that are under the tag like what the rev Herald icon) horn sounds ( that the other WvW server could hear if they are close enough)

(edited by Silverstone.4539)

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

I figured I’d add this to the conversation to help visualize options

That’s what I was trying to get Gaile or a Dev to post…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

• Green (either lime or Emerald)
  • Black
  • White
  • Orange or Chocolate Brown (strong, bright, bold)
  • Pink

By pink I mean the prettiest girliest princess pink ever for my big manly Charr to don in battle!

Okay all jokes aside I think those colors would widen the spectrum a bit whilst not being too similar to the colors we already have available.

I am trying to be mindful of whom might be color blind but I do understand colors such as green may be exactly the same as yellow so that’s why I’m indicating either a very vivid lime green or darker such as Emerald.

I would love more commander tag colors available.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Gaile, what are we going to do with you kid….I’m a mr fix it dude. Have the devs visit Sherwin Williams website and slap on a tool belt, let’s get creative

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I mean I can understand people especially new players or colour blind players wanting tags to be a single colour so its easier to follow/understand. In which cause I think an option (in the options menu) to make all tags the same colour of your choosing is a good idea that would put these minority concerns to rest. While the rest of us can enjoy a full RBG tag colour system!

-Black
-White
-Orange
-Green (Emerald)

Otherwise:
Just give us this for now. We will be happy and you won’t have to revisit the discussion in the future because enough people will be happy having 7 colours total to choose from. Problem solved. Simple solution. Simple Life.

You can even charge money for these. People WILL buy them.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Green and Orange to satisfy my OCD

…….

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Let us use our guild emblem as tag! <3 <3 <3

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

i’ve heard a very strong argument for green from a certain popular youtuber... apparently her favorite color is green.

lol

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

Black, DARK green… tags that we can see on the map and when surrounded by enemies as the current tags blend in with the objectives and other team colors.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

My issues is that red and purple tag instantly falls off and drown in the red sea of players in high tiers servers. Even blue tags does it sometimes but red and purple are the worst.

I really would want more colors to choose from. Maybe also a option to make the tags more visible, maybe bigger or i don’t know, but more visible in wvw.
Good colors would probably be something maybe white or really any color that do not float together with the environment and the sea of red players.

in WvW

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i thought i was good with just purple but now you said it i NEED a black tag too

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in WvW

Posted by: BATMAN.6794

BATMAN.6794

BLACK! I WANT TO BE FULL ON BATMAN! The more colors the better really.

Desert Borderlands suck bring back alpine til new ones are revamped

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Hey Gaile,

I have a suggestion for commander tags. I think it would be a great idea to show the commander’s current guild tag when they are moused over on the map. See my little mock up (upscaled 125%).

Attachments:

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

As cool as a black tag would be, it would have the same issue as the red and the purple. It is just floating in to the environment or the enemie ocean of red.

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.6340

Sol.6340

I’m not opposed but the red and purple tags are invisible to me on most maps. If you’re going to add new tag colours, consider those of us that are colourblind in the choices.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

let us pick from a list of shapes! perhaps a list similar to squad icons. you know, because colorblind. (but rly i wanna be the spiral commander)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Flow.2947

Flow.2947

i dont think you need more colors i think you need a tag visible for your guild only. i just say it like that if i would want to be in the pro league of pvp and say hey lat me play with the best team and there i am the rally bot…
i dond mind running with other ppl but when i tag up for my guild ppl are following me before the blue tag there is no sase being an wvw guild

in WvW

Posted by: Tyeme.6589

Tyeme.6589

I’d like to see bigger tags over the commanders heads. Hard enough keeping my own commander in sight. When another commander is running sidecar it’s too easy to lose track of where he’s at. You know….since were making wish lists here. ; )

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

While not really on the subject of color, is there anyway you can give better priority to the tags? Currently in larger fights, nameplates actually go over the tag, and can make it hard to spot. If there is a way they could be always on top I think that would help alot.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: TheAndoman.2048

TheAndoman.2048

From my experience in WvW, I think that the ability to modify how you see the tag would be better than new colors.

For me, the best change would be to be able to move the tag higher than the player’s names, regardless of the character’s race.

While I’m suggesting changes, please create a way to get rid of those messages that pop up in the middle of the screen. They are such a pain. Especially when you fight from range and have them blocking your attacks.

in WvW

Posted by: velocity.4621

velocity.4621

new colors would be nice, the only color i used atm is purple, and please make the availability to change the tag color without leaving the squad.

Life will be easier if guardian have 25% passive movement speed.

Raavaholic | [MM] Metro Mini Transformers Founder & Leader | SEA |

in WvW

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

A bright green tag!

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

in WvW

Posted by: Jay RF.8407

Jay RF.8407

I think new tag colours are a good thing. With having the new HoT maps, and them being more organized, and with the WvW server merge, therefore more tags being around I hope this can happen.
My suggestions for colours would be: green, black/grey and white. Those colors would stand out the most and be visible in most maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

- Black
- White
- Green (vibrant green, so it can be seen on green minimap areas)

that would be my suggestionts

in WvW

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

Turning the tag into a dyeable item could be amazing :P

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)