Nasty WvW condi builds...

in WvW

Posted by: Chrhal.4983

Chrhal.4983

Hi guys,

As the so-called condition meta has hit, many new and old condition builds have been hitting WvW roaming. Conditions seems to be the most viable now a days since raw damage had a 10 % reduction (I hear some thieves, disagree and say it’s more like 30 % but whatever). I am not to judges wheter many condition roamers are a good or a bad thing, nor is this thread made to discuss that.

What is the most nasty condition build you have encountered in your adventures of roaming in WvW.

I’ll start by introducing the “Perplexity Terrormancer”. Now that fear has become a interrupt a whole new condition have been introduced to necromancers with perplexity runes.

May the most nasty build win!

Archiae – Mesmer
“Lol I have never GvG’d before”
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Chrhal.4983)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Condition are OP but is not a new meta,and WvW its for teamplay, players should try to get more organized since conditions tend to lack power in group fights.

Feared from the cliff its the most :[

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Chrhal.4983

Condition are OP but is not a new meta,and WvW its for teamplay, players should try to get more organized since conditions tend to lack power in group fights.

Even though I agree that in group fights condition builds lack power, due to large amounts of cleansing and 25 stack cap, that is not the focus of this post

Archiae – Mesmer
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

Condition are not a new meta ….

i have to disagree here , maybe its not meta but the influc of condition roamers is huge compared to pre patch..

today i roamed with my gs /hammer power war about 3hours and the most common encounters were:

cond engis
cond thiefs
cond mesmers
power thiefs
??? eles (celestial i gues?)
cond warriors (shame on you guys)
power warriors
cond nekros ( i guess they got lost from the zerg..)

the first two cond engi/thief are by far the most , and i would say that especialy the thiefs are increasing in numbers who play condi interupt confusion kitten …
i dont care i got my melandru runes + -40% cond buffod +berseker stance + cond removing trait with f1 <3 , but i see often in map chat the flame about “another cond eng/thief at xxx”

ps: i play gold league , dont know how its on low tier servers

(edited by Sekai.2987)

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Playing on Dragonbrand, I hadn’t seen a P/D thief in game until a week or two ago, until then I had only read about them. Rabid engi with Rune of Balthazar carries over pretty well from PvP, I’ve been fooling with it a little bit. I actually think the runes get wasted because +40% condi duration does such a good job in WvW. Of course the crux of all these builds is condimancer, a condimancer will tear all these builds apart with condi transfers.

I agree with the OP, it seems that roamers are exclusively using condi builds now. Any straight DPS build that relies on burst like D/D or D/P got shafted and they already had limited condi clears so I think they’re done.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i have to disagree here , maybe its not meta but the influc of condition roamers is huge compared to pre patch..

today i roamed with my gs /hammer power war about 3hours and the most common encounters were:

cond engis
cond thiefs
cond mesmers
power thiefs
power warriors

the first two cond engi/thief are by far the most , and i would say that especialy the thiefs are increasing in numbers who play condi interupt confusion kitten …
i dont care i got my melandru runes + -40% cond buffod +berseker stance + cond removing trait with f1 <3 , but i see often in map chat the flame about “another cond eng/thief at xxx”

Same thing on lower tiers at least for my exp, i called it meta becouse i always found condi spam groups since the beggining of the game, but now they are more than annoying and much more" degenerative".

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

i ran into a condi guardian today… full tank spec + insane burn dmg. If you have a mobile class, esp ones that can juke in and out it isnt a big deal… but i saw it mow down two warriors that both burned to death. It was very unexpected.

condi engis have been the meta since launch if i remember correctly (or at least after the 100 nade nerf), condi necros… well you dont need a lot of talent to play that particular setup and it isnt anything surprising… some more condi thieves coming up now after the patch (can’t blame them since backstab isnt as strong as it was, and basilisk venom also got nerfed). To my surprise i’ve seen a lot of condi staff mesmers (surprising because they havent even traited for the extra bounce on attack). I don’t consider them strong unless it’s a group fight but they’ve been roaming around all day from DR and GOM sides before reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

Condi engis are harder to deal with than a condi necro – well the ones that know how to play and switch kits anyways.

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

My power ranger was weak but fun pre-patch, now it is completely useless.

Enjoying my condition build tho.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I have a mesmer with torment runes, torment sigils, torment on shatter, torment on block plus bleeds on crits from duelists and it’s really funny watching people die to my 2400 condition damage (ascended gear, Guard stacks + Sigil stacks with no might).

OH, and my burns tick for 950 per second and confusion hits 2k an attack with 8 stacks.

Thieves are super yummy tho

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

^^^

Shame on you Sephiroth, you’re supposed to cut people and look after your mother!! .

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

Dire p/d thief is probably the worst now with the new ambush trait, just because the the initial poison + confusion stack from steal is easily covered by 2-3 other condis almost instantly. That puts you at a huge disadvantage without a full purge. Plus they have refuge, and most also run a d/p set to stealth stack off of to reset or run away. All around the most pointless build to even bother fighting unless you are mobbing one down.

(edited by zen.6091)

in WvW

Posted by: phirefox.2568

phirefox.2568

Well, if i had to choose the most nasty condition-based build, i would actually name two of them, which kinda tie in my opinion. My choice is very specific though, since i’am one of the few roaming exo-fullzerker oldschool-shattermesmers left (OK burst, a survivability almost as bad as a fullzerker ranger, and little sustained damage – shortly: not really viable in the current meta full of cheesebuilds), that refuse to abuse PU or play cheesy condibuilds – tried it some time ago, but stopped playing it since it striked me as way too “facerolly”… still got the gear though, just in case i grow weak and succumb to the dark side. So, as such a mesmer specifically there are two Condition-Based builds that annoy me especially much – and while i hate pretty much every condition-based build out there, those two take a special place in my heart

The Mace/Sword | Sword/Shield Perplexity-Distracting Strikes Condiwarrior (either as Bunker or nonbunker version). While this build doesn’t really qualify as a Condition-Burster (MSword bleeds and OSword torment), it’s so kitten annoying to fight while it literally doesnt require any effort on part of it’s user at all. If anything, i would call it the King of Condicheese The huge Armor and Healthpool shrug my Attacks of as nonexistent; in fact, My autoattack won’t be noticable against the healing signet’s regeneration (despite running full zerker), iZerker will barely bring it from 100% to 90% hp, and a full crit 4x shatterburst will take out between 20%-30% of his health at best. Whenever you’re Stunned, he can use that time to passive-regenerate any damage, and the 3 blocks on his set help even further with that. The worst part though is, that the user of such a build doesn’t even have to play his stuns right – if you’re lucky, you you don’t get interrupted, which still means that you’re going to get tons of bleeding from 1Hsword spam, and if you’re unlucky… well, 9 stacks confusion per interrupt is not nice, especially not if they come so often, coupled with random 3-stacks once in a while. If you used up all your Condiremoval (since you are spammed to death by them), you won’t be able to attack him until the removal is up again – which means further regeneration on his part. So as the epitome of passive play, i would give this build one of the two first places Please note, that there are builds which can cope much easier with this (Conditransfer necro), so fighting it might be less annoying than this post suggests.

The Pistol/Dagger Condithief would be the second first place to mention, though mostly because it combines two aspects, which i don’t like when playing a mesmer:
It’s a thief – the perfect counter to Mesmers (which are heavily target-dependend) – i mained one for a year (my first character), and actually switched to playing a mesmer for that very reason, since i wanted to see what it is like to switch the perspectives for a change. In case of the P/D thief, he has an offhand Dagger, which grants the Thief free access to stealth – not even a shatter mesmer could kill it’s clones frequently enough to prevent that, and CnDing dumb AI clones is pretty easy too. Also in case of more glassy Power Thieves, a common tactic would be to await their Backstabs (or somehow get them into melee range), and burst them as soon as they are visible – hoping that you can down them or at least pressure them to mess up. This isn’t an option with P/D thieves – as oposed to normal power-based-thieves, a P/D thief doesn’t have to give up his defense in favor of offensive strength. He can of course invest into the Power/Condiduration line to make his poisons more effective (if he intends on using them), but that would still leave plenty of points to spend in the toughness and vita attribute-lines – because unlike other classes, they don’t have any important on-crit conditraits on their precision traitline. Trying to kill something which has bunker-like stats, potentially up to 6 evades chained after another, and is stealthed and thus unable to be attacked by your targeted spells while it isn’t evading things.. well… “fun” looks different. I probably would manage not to die against them in time if i played some (passive play) mantra-phantasm build (those are nearly immune to conditions), but i would not be able to kill them either if they decided to flee the scene

Oh my… TLtR again, i guess. Really have knack for writing long blocky posts o_ô

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

cond engis
cond thiefs
cond mesmers
power thiefs
power warriors

Most likely power ele with str runes if it was dnd since our boon got nerfed to hell

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

I miss the original perplexity runes + elixir x. gg

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I was yesterday roaming several hours. Either fully alone or with 1 thief as a partner. Here is a break down what kind of enemy roamers I encountered:

9 thieves (none were full conditions, most were either hybrid power/condi or few were power burst)
2 mobility greatsword warriors
1 PU mesmer
1 condition necromancer
1 D/D elementalist

The warriors were obviously not condition based, even though there are several very good condition based warrior builds e.g. dual sword + longbow. Some thieves now use the 6xKrait runes + skale venom and some are P/D or 6xperplexity rune confusion spam, but D/P+SB setup is still the most common and S/P and S/D are also quite common, but D/D thieves are getting rare.

This totally pales in comparison to the hoards (impossible to count) of hammer warriors, staff guardians, staff necromancers and staff elementalists I saw in the zerg fights. Almost nobody runs full condition setup for zergs.

I didn’t lose a single fight, but later in the evening I was killed while defending Garrison against several enemy groups. I play a mainly power-based (balanced) rifle engineer, not your typical pistol/shield condition bunker engineer. I don’t use elixirs or the healing turret, so I seriously lack condition removal. Condition and hard CC are my build’s worst nightmare, yet I do not consider conditions overpowered. There are just few condition related traits (like incendiary power), which need minor toning down. Similarly some skills (like signet of spite), which can put over 4 conditions from range almost instantly need to be adjusted (max 3 conditions per skill).

Condition necromancer vs my build is 50%/50%. Condition necros are weak against hard CC like stun, launch etc. I need to play top notch and get my hard CC at the right time to interrupt their key skills or I will lose. I am also weak against enemy condition bunker engineers, but any small scale group fights the enemy engineers are generally the easiest kills as they tend to lack stability and massive condition cleanse (my build has 7 sources of CC!).

PS. I am not into dueling. I just want to get my server as many points as possible. Desolation for the win!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

kitten it, conditions killed someone again didn’t they? For shame… I guess we should all roll power builds because no one complains about being killed by a power build.

#Sarcasm

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

My power ranger

LOL all I can do is picture your toon wearing colorful spandex and talking by wiggling its head…

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Ran into a Ranger that is putting about 20 stacks of vulnerability on you in about two seconds and a Warrior putting 25 stacks of bleed almost instantly. The Ranger wasn’t too bad because if you could let that stacks run out or clear them before his pet got to you, it was a waste for him. The Warrior however was pretty tanky and could keep about 5 stacks of bleed on me constantly.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

snip

Yah im not really seeing this “condition meta” either. Zerging is still power-based hammer-train. And roaming is still, and always has been, dominated by power/zerker builds.

If anything its been “power meta” since day 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

snip

Yah im not really seeing this “condition meta” either. Zerging is still power-based hammer-train. And roaming is still, and always has been, dominated by power/zerker builds.

Are we playing the same game? I see nothing but condition builds. since the patch i have yet to see even a single roamer with a power based build. everyone is in dire gear using cheesy no skill, brainless, condition spam builds. no amount of condition cleansing is ever enough. Most condition builds now can instantly load you up with 8 conditions and you’re health starts rapidly draining if you don’t cure it, then the second you blow your cure, they’re back on you again. And then you die. Its absolutely ridiculous how overpowered conditions are in small fights now. P/D thief being by far the worst out of all of them. Combat has gotten extremely dull and passive in this game. Its just spam as many conditions as possible and let the game win for you on autopilot. So much for active combat.

in WvW

Deniara Devious.3948

snip

Are we playing the same game? I see nothing but condition builds. since the patch i have yet to see even a single roamer with a power based build. everyone is in dire gear using cheesy no skill, brainless, condition spam builds. no amount of condition cleansing is ever enough. Most condition builds now can instantly load you up with 8 conditions and you’re health starts rapidly draining if you don’t cure it, then the second you blow your cure, they’re back on you again. And then you die. Its absolutely ridiculous how overpowered conditions are in small fights now. P/D thief being by far the worst out of all of them. Combat has gotten extremely dull and passive in this game. Its just spam as many conditions as possible and let the game win for you on autopilot. So much for active combat.

Like my very limited analysis in this thread pointed out thieves are the most frequent roaming profession, with warriors coming second. I also encounter a lot of mesmers in roaming.

P/D is a common setup. But instead of going full dire, many of them seem to run some of hybrid gear e.g. mixed dire + PVT or partially celestial gear.

I am often encountering S/P thieves in WvWvW, spamming pistol whip. I just do not understand why people complain about condition spam as I think spamming pistol whip is as brainless and lacking skill. I think pistol whip should have the same initiative cost in pvp and WvWvW. I also never understood why revealed is 3 seconds in WvWvW and 4 seconds in pvp. Stealth is far more powerful in WvWvW and in fact the culling and the server lag makes sometimes the stealthed opponent appear just 1 second. I think for WvWvW revealed should be 5 seconds and the maximum duration of stealth (using combo fields or any other method) should be capped to 8 seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Stealth is far more powerful in WvWvW and in fact the culling and the server lag makes sometimes the stealthed opponent appear just 1 second. I think for WvWvW revealed should be 5 seconds and the maximum duration of stealth (using combo fields or any other method) should be capped to 8 seconds.

in fact the culling and the server lag makes sometimes the stealthed opponent appear just 1 second.

culling

Attachments:

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I am often encountering S/P thieves in WvWvW, spamming pistol whip. I just do not understand why people complain about condition spam as I think spamming pistol whip is as brainless and lacking skill. I think pistol whip should have the same initiative cost in pvp and WvWvW. I also never understood why revealed is 3 seconds in WvWvW and 4 seconds in pvp. Stealth is far more powerful in WvWvW and in fact the culling and the server lag makes sometimes the stealthed opponent appear just 1 second. I think for WvWvW revealed should be 5 seconds and the maximum duration of stealth (using combo fields or any other method) should be capped to 8 seconds.

I don’t know what reality you live in but Pistol Whip should be the least of your problems as long as you avoid the Chain burst, which is easy enough if you know how the Skill works.

5s Revealed would simply break the flow of many Builds, as much as Stealth is a annoying mechanic many Thieves rely on I don’t understand your argument for such changes because of ‘Culling’ and Lag.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Welcome to power creep.

Many people including me have been advocating to stop with power creep. If you want a more pleasant gaming experience you have to remove incredibly over powered buffs like food buffs or the Applied Fortitude/Strength buffs. Ascended gear is just as bad. Then there is the problem of specific rune sets. Perplexity says hi. Those any many others need a fix. Then there is the stacking sigils. Make it impossible to farm stacks of mobs. WvW is PvP.

I would love to see all of the above trashed. What about you?

in WvW

Terrahero.9358

snip

Are we playing the same game?

I am wondering the same thing when i see threads like these. And sometimes i wonder if people know what a condition build even is.

I’ve seen people call almost anything a condition build, its not uncommon at all for power based builds to also put up several conditions. A few bleeds, some weakness, cripple, maybe vulnerability, and poof thats 4 conditions easy. Some people confuse this for a condition build.

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

^either way the fact remains that conditions are just way too prevalent in this game. Too many skills apply too many conditions. conditions should be few and far between, you should have to use them when they count and not just spam them mindlessly till you overwhelm your opponent with them. Condition burst is something that shouldn’t exist, yet it does. Those 2 words don’t belong together. Conditions are supposed to kill with attrition not blast someone down faster than most power builds can do. There are loads of videos of people proving this fact with everything from necros to even guardians melting people in 3 seconds or less with insane condition burst. It needs to be toned down A LOT.

in WvW

Terrahero.9358

But people fail to realize that for that 2sec Bleed on autoattack is offset by a weaker direct-damage.
If i go full zerker, then i can crit for 900 at most, but my conditions will tick for kitten and the bleed will add 90dmg the total damage is around 1k.
Or i go for full conditions, then i crit for 500dmg. But my 2sec bleed becomes a 4sec, thanks to cond. duration, bleed and adds another ~500dmg. And its also around 1k.

So, whats really the difference?

Also, no condition builds blast someone doesnt faster then power. Stop spreading this blatant lie.
Even going the condition equivalent of Zerkers there is absolutely no way in every possible blue blazing hell that i can burst someone down even remotely as fast as going full Zerkers.

I mean you’re even pointing to Guardians as overpowered condition users now! I would seriously advice you to take a step back and actually reevaluate your arguments.

Really now, Guardians melting people in 3sec with conditions. Or less even! In order for my 18k healthpool to drop in 3sec i need to be taking a modest 6000 damage per second.
You would need 25 stacks of bleeding, 25 stacks of torment, and burning running all at once to even hope to achieve those kind of numbers, not to mention if i use a heal in between aswell.
And you’re suggesting it can even be higher then that.

These wildly, and obviously, exegerated numbers to shove this unreasonable Condition-hate down everyones throat isnt helping any discussion whatsoever.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Roll a diamond skin ele and roam that way.

in WvW

Deniara Devious.3948

I don’t know what reality you live in but Pistol Whip should be the least of your problems as long as you avoid the Chain burst, which is easy enough if you know how the Skill works.

5s Revealed would simply break the flow of many Builds, as much as Stealth is a annoying mechanic many Thieves rely on I don’t understand your argument for such changes because of ‘Culling’ and Lag.

Pistol whip spam isn’t a personal problem. My build is well-equipped against thieves. I think a skill which does very high damage, evade and stun simply does too many things for one skill, especially if it can be used repeatedly without a cooldown. Like I illustrated in my earlier post in this thread certain condition spam is problematic and on the borderline or overpowered, but so is spamming stun: earthshaker, pistol whip.

I know culling was officially removed from WvWvW eons ago, but what else could explain seeing mysteriously long stealth durations. They mostly occur in the EBG map when there is huge lag. I have several times seen enemy ranger (in 1 vs 1 situation) have much longer stealth than 4 seconds without a pet which gives him stealth, so basically longbow #3 can appear like 8 s stealth.

I really would like an official reply from the Arenanet developers:
Why revealed is 3 seconds in WvWvW, even though stealth is much more powerful in WvWvW than in pvp?

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I would just like to put this out there, I have played Condi thief (non-perplex) for about a year and a half, so I was on of the few pre patchers.

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Welcome to power creep.

Many people including me have been advocating to stop with power creep. If you want a more pleasant gaming experience you have to remove incredibly over powered buffs like food buffs or the Applied Fortitude/Strength buffs. Ascended gear is just as bad. Then there is the problem of specific rune sets. Perplexity says hi. Those any many others need a fix. Then there is the stacking sigils. Make it impossible to farm stacks of mobs. WvW is PvP.

You have the choice to run food or not to run food. You have the choice of where to spend your wxp. You have the choice of whether or not to build ascended gear and what runes and sigils to use. I don’t get why people cry so much when the option is on the table and they choose not to take it. Laughable.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

But people fail to realize that for that 2sec Bleed on autoattack is offset by a weaker direct-damage.
If i go full zerker, then i can crit for 900 at most, but my conditions will tick for kitten and the bleed will add 90dmg the total damage is around 1k.
Or i go for full conditions, then i crit for 500dmg. But my 2sec bleed becomes a 4sec, thanks to cond. duration, bleed and adds another ~500dmg. And its also around 1k.

So, whats really the difference?

Also, no condition builds blast someone doesnt faster then power. Stop spreading this blatant lie.
Even going the condition equivalent of Zerkers there is absolutely no way in every possible blue blazing hell that i can burst someone down even remotely as fast as going full Zerkers.

I mean you’re even pointing to Guardians as overpowered condition users now! I would seriously advice you to take a step back and actually reevaluate your arguments.

Really now, Guardians melting people in 3sec with conditions. Or less even! In order for my 18k healthpool to drop in 3sec i need to be taking a modest 6000 damage per second.
You would need 25 stacks of bleeding, 25 stacks of torment, and burning running all at once to even hope to achieve those kind of numbers, not to mention if i use a heal in between aswell.
And you’re suggesting it can even be higher then that.

These wildly, and obviously, exegerated numbers to shove this unreasonable Condition-hate down everyones throat isnt helping any discussion whatsoever.

You appear to be living in denial over the fact that conditions are so overpowered now. Go search youtube. there is in fact and infinite burn guardian build going around now that can melt people in a matter of seconds. And you must be living under a rock if you haven’t yet run into a terrormancer that can kill people almost instantly.

in WvW

Posted by: Troj.7940

Troj.7940

I think this games combat is more broken and boring than ever right now.

Risk vs reward… there is no logical balance. Also many previous changes seem to be contradicted with this patch.

Gameplay is ultimately numbers and fustrating mechanics at present. Catering for the lowest common denominator.

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

I think this games combat is more broken and boring than ever right now.

Risk vs reward… there is no logical balance. Also many previous changes seem to be contradicted with this patch.

Gameplay is ultimately numbers and fustrating mechanics at present. Catering for the lowest common denominator.

Couldn’t agree with you more. The whole reason i got this game in the first place was this whole active combat system they were supposed to have. Sort of like Tera or Aion. I think GW2’s combat system is way better than either of those games. Well, it used to be anyway. It’s degraded and dumbed down to mindless passive combat. All you do is spam conditions and let the game play on cruise control for you. At this point i’m so sick of it i’d be in favor of them removing conditions entirely from the game, even though i have no idea what i’d do with my necro after that cuz necro power builds are kinda blah IMO right now.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

^either way the fact remains that conditions are just way too prevalent in this game. Too many skills apply too many conditions. conditions should be few and far between, you should have to use them when they count and not just spam them mindlessly till you overwhelm your opponent with them. Condition burst is something that shouldn’t exist, yet it does. Those 2 words don’t belong together. Conditions are supposed to kill with attrition not blast someone down faster than most power builds can do. There are loads of videos of people proving this fact with everything from necros to even guardians melting people in 3 seconds or less with insane condition burst. It needs to be toned down A LOT.

… So basically you’re saying condition builds shouldn’t be viable? Let’s reduce the frequency and effectiveness of conditions so that they’re forced to be attrition… Against power based builds which, no matter how much sustain you have, will burst you down before you can be any sort of threat to said build, while condition builds would basically be free bags. And this would be fair to you?
Power builds dominate PvE because conditions are garbage there. If they reduced their effectiveness and/or frequency no one would use conditions builds anywhere… And I don’t know about you but I see no difference between bursting someone down with chained power attacks and bursting someone down with condition stacks. PvP in this game is bad because it’s designed for casuals… Get used to it or go play a game where there are more dynamics to combat than who can spam what faster.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Chrhal.4983

I would like to point out, that this is not a QQ thread about conditions. I have played conditions builds myself and had fun. After a while I realised that playing a power build with high burst is more my playstyle and seems more rewarding for me (not counting kills).

I am also one of the last pure shatter mesmers roaming in WvW (I guess there are some left, because every mesmer claims to be one of the last ) and I enjoy that very much. I have some problems with condition builds but I have the same problems with power builds. What I found is that if you meet a player with a higher skill cap than you, he’s gonna kill you. Conditions have counters and power builds have counters.

Now another thing mentionen in this thread, is the power creep and PvP vs. WvW balancing. I find that both those things is a very important thing to dicuss as they have a BIG impact on the WvW roaming (maybe not as much on zerg play)

Do you guys think that balancing in WvW should be the same as in PvP, talking revealed, rune sets, armor sets etc?

What do you guys think about the power creep?

Archiae – Mesmer
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Welcome to power creep.

You have the choice to run food or not to run food. You have the choice of where to spend your wxp. You have the choice of whether or not to build ascended gear and what runes and sigils to use. I don’t get why people cry so much when the option is on the table and they choose not to take it. Laughable.

So basically, grind out the time gated, expensive gear, grind guard buffs and stock up on food/runes/sigils that cost an arm and a leg because build diversity in GW2 is coughing up blood. You’re kinda proving the point about ridiculous power creep.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

Terror Necro, rabid armour with perplexity runes, givers weapons with torment/bleed sigils. +40% Condi food, +corruption stacks, +applied strength, +oil

All will melt instantly.

All hail the overpowered combat in present day GW2. Less skill more spam/luck/cheese.

The game will never attain anything close to balance, it used to be mildly fine at the start of 2013 sadly.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Murakami.5243

Murakami.5243

I can’t figure out a way to beat condition thieves who perma stealth in the fight. When they stealth I lose my target, and they also cleanse whatever condition I place on them as well as heal back up to almost full HP.

Golden Company X I I I [GC]
Developer of GW2 WvW for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/gw2-wvw/id653987126?mt=8

in WvW

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

^ You will never kill a thief wearing apothecary armour. Doesn’t matter what his weapons/trinkets are, apothecary armour is instant god mode.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

^ You will never kill a thief wearing apothecary armour. Doesn’t matter what his weapons/trinkets are, apothecary armour is instant god mode.

Only worse build i know of the apoth thief is apoth +dire bm bunker on ranger… i love using the build myself and hate fighting it cuz of the condi bomb + a mad cat doing 3-4k crits constantly

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU