New Elites - Create Huge Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Tonight at reset the biggest thing we noticed was the huge lag caused by the numerous special effects the new elite skills created.

Before the PoF elites I didn’t have my screen inching along during a fight. I could actually see the ground during the large zerg fights. Can you tone down the effects, ANeT?

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

It’s probably also because it’s the beta. I bet it’ll work better when it comes out all the way.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

yea had 6 crashes first hour, I bet u Beta has alot to do with it.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

It’s probably also because it’s the beta. I bet it’ll work better when it comes out all the way.

That might be true if this company used beta events to gain feedback, but they don’t. They use them to build hype. It is far too late in the development cycle to try to make drastic changes when they go live so soon.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

On FA most maps had a pretty big q and for a while they all did. I assume other servers had a significantly higher population which most likely contributed to their overall server load.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

That might be true if this company used beta events to gain feedback, but they don’t. They use them to build hype. It is far too late in the development cycle to try to make drastic changes when they go live so soon.

There were improvements made to the elite specs before HoT came out, after the feedback from the beta weekends. Obviously the entire concept and mechanics of the new spec won’t change, but they have time to make some changes to skills and traits.

What they don’t usual do, is balance properly. 40k deadeye shot I saw, broken invincible shroud from underwater, only thing I could do was giggle.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

(edited by XenesisII.1540)

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

The barrier mechanic was in that mix, too…more calculations for the server to make based on a percentage of HP and decay over time.