New to WvW, wanna take part in the Tournament

in WvW

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

Hello.

I read about the tournament, and since I’ve never participated in one, I’d like to use this chance.

The thing, I don’t quite understand how the tournament is going to work, and where it will take place (Eternal Battleground, Borderlands, EotM?).

Do I just pick a commander and follow him/her? Or is someone on my server coordinating the whole war effort?
Do I need to install TeamSpeak, if that’s the case?

I am on Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Click on the wvw tag, join queue. Log off 3 hours later having not got in.

Welcome to pve’rs trying to join wvw!

Or click on the EoTM and follow the karma training upscaled.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

First off, join the Desolation Community forum at http://www.desospeak.com.
Register, then follow the instruction to be verified as a bona fide Desolation defender.

Download and install TS3. You will find instructions of what to do next in order to be vrified on TS which will get you access to the WvW channels (you will need to get into WvW as part of this step).

Once you’ve been verified and have the appropriate permissions, you will be able to get to the channels where you can become an integral part of the Desolation WvW community.

The tournament will take place on EB and the borderlands.. EotM is not part of the tourney. There will be plenty to do: join the open tag (Blue dorito), become a member of a snipe team, help out by scouting, or become a Yak-Nanny.

Thanks .. and enjoy the rollercoaster!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

(edited by Bloodwort MacFangho.4638)

in WvW

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Hello new blood,

I mean hello zergling… ok this isn’t working.

The WvW tournament takes place in all the main WvW maps, that consists of all the borderlands and the eternal battlegrounds. What you have to do is simple: play WvW.

That’s it, nothing special just help your server as you’ve been probably (hopefully) doing to reach first in every single week and you will win the tournament. If you go to the Edge of the Mists you will only progress your personal achievements, so don’t camp there unless there’s a lot of queues on all the other maps.

As for your server I don’t know if they’re organizing something, you might have better luck asking on the Desolation forums, and yes it’s usually a good idea to install the voip used in your server to better coordinate.

Good luck in the tournament!!

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in WvW

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

Thank you all for the info. I’ll join the Desolation Community then ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

First off, join the Desolation Community forum at http://www.desospeak.com.
Register, then follow the instruction to be verified as a bona fide Desolation defender.

I vote this as the most useful post so far. I am not on that server but well written and informative nonetheless.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

Since you are new, I recommend you find a group and stay close to it.

If you have a problem with getting stomped, get over it. It happens to everybody and will probably happen to you a lot until you get the feel of things. WP, shake it off, and get back to the fight.

Keep aware of your consumables.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

(edited by Neko Dudley.2495)

in WvW

Posted by: Tundra.5269

Tundra.5269

Has the tournament begun? The start achievement is locked out for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

the EU one already did begin, I believe. So that is where the list of achievements came from.

Teh Ouchies