Night monster in T1 EU

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: Sesbog.8705

Sesbog.8705

This topic is not about Baruch Bay and transfer of the Aztecs and the Incas back to America. This topic is about protecting objects from being captured at night.

I know about blah blah blah of democracy and freedom of choice at what time to play, but this freedom creates every night a hatred for the people who exploit it.

What is the compromise solution? All existing t3 objects receive a buff of invulnerability at night + righteous indignation for keep+tower lords except castle and camps. If the object reach T3 at night, it does not receive a buff to prevent the night monsters from being invulnerable.

(edited by Sesbog.8705)

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

This makes absolutely zero sense since the T3 objectives and tier based PPT is the very resason scoring is so kittened up and can never be fixed as is – because Anet broke the balance on purpose and obviously dont want to fix it. Resetting them to T0 is nothing in terms of PPT compared to the side already having them as T3.

Your suggestion would just make it 10x worse unless we assume that you also meant to say that there is zero PPT gain during the night. Glhf fixing that for US servers.

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Not that I like how BB scores during the night (we are currently linked to SfR), but that has always been their thing. The Skirmishes have made the gains smaller but they still get all their points when other 2 servers log off.

The game really does not have “day” and “night”, you can play it any time you like. And WvW ticks 24 hours too so there is no proper solution.

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Sesbog.8705

Duration euro night 3 skirmishes after daily reset rewards. Buff only for t3 objects.
t0, t1, t2 possible for cap without problems

Buff from Monday to Friday (until the end of the current match)

After the start of the new match, the buff is superimposed on the night of Monday

(edited by Sesbog.8705)

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

OP is just a whiny kitten .

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Sesbog.8705

OP is just a whiny kitten .

Check your mega trash T1 NA segment

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

ANet couldn’t ever begin to justify why people who play at off hours shouldn’t get the same opportunities to play the game (capture objectives, work on achievements, rank up, participate in PPT) that people who play at prime time do. It’s never going to happen.

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I have proposed years ago that score each server ticks should be based on number of enemies on the map. No enemies = minimum score. Only 1 enemy server appearing = half the score. Full queue of 2 enemy servers = maximum score.

This would also help to reduce impact of nightcapping when there are no enemies around, you can still take objectives as easily as in any PvE map but you would not earn much points for them.

Same way, if primetime home borderland is totally painted to single color and there is huge blob killing few remaining enemies at their waypoint, this would gain very few points and add very little to the overall score.

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

No need for invulnerable buffs, just turn the servers off when ive gone offline!

Selfish enough?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

ppt is this:

1. coverage
2. numbers of coverage
3. quality of coverage

you got players playing 24/7 chances are you will win.

your coverage got more number than the other, you will most likely win.

if your numbers are coordinated and good, you are set.

these are something arena net cant control.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

We need new game mode. WvW is just too casual.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I posted my suggestion here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/SP-NA-Server/first

Make a server for NA [SP]

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: Zepoolpe.9217

Zepoolpe.9217

I have proposed years ago that score each server ticks should be based on number of enemies on the map. No enemies = minimum score. Only 1 enemy server appearing = half the score. Full queue of 2 enemy servers = maximum score.

This would also help to reduce impact of nightcapping when there are no enemies around, you can still take objectives as easily as in any PvE map but you would not earn much points for them.

Same way, if primetime home borderland is totally painted to single color and there is huge blob killing few remaining enemies at their waypoint, this would gain very few points and add very little to the overall score.

I had a similar proposal:
Except when you are on your own BL (or own portion of the EB map), the tick resulting of a flipped target should be as follows:

• 100% if the objective was capped when not outnumbering.
  • 80% if the objective was capped when outnumbering 2:1.
  • 50% if the objective was capped when outnumbering 3:1.
  • 0% if the objective was capped when outnumbering 4:1.

WvW experience and karma gained from these caps should work the same way.
BTW, when i speak about outnumbering, I’m speaking of outnumbering all the players on the BL, not just the ones rushing to defend the tower/keep: if they are effectively outnumbered because people are afking at spawn, then too bad.

So for example, let’s say you go on another BL and cap a tower while you outnumber the defenders by between 3:1 and then proceed to upgrade it all the way to T3, your ticks from T0 to T3 will be respectively 2, 3, 4, and 5 instead of 4, 6, 8, 10.
Now if you lose that tower, cap it back without outnumbering and upgrade it again to Y3, you’ll have the full ticks all the way until you lose it again (so respectively 4, 6, 8, 10).

Maybe that way PPT heavy servers such as BB or JS will try to improve their fighting skills in order to cover for the point loss, because lets be honest here: apart from a few guilds and commanders, these servers usually avoid fights if:

• they don’t outnumber.
  • they are not covered by AC fire.
  • they are not double teaming.

An improvement of their fighting skills would be really nice because that way they would stop being boring servers in a match-up.

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

I had a similar proposal:
Except when you are on your own BL (or own portion of the EB map), the tick resulting of a flipped target should be as follows:

• 100% if the objective was capped when not outnumbering.
  • 80% if the objective was capped when outnumbering 2:1.
  • 50% if the objective was capped when outnumbering 3:1.
  • 0% if the objective was capped when outnumbering 4:1.

WvW experience and karma gained from these caps should work the same way.
BTW, when i speak about outnumbering, I’m speaking of outnumbering all the players on the BL, not just the ones rushing to defend the tower/keep: if they are effectively outnumbered because people are afking at spawn, then too bad.

So for example, let’s say you go on another BL and cap a tower while you outnumber the defenders by between 3:1 and then proceed to upgrade it all the way to T3, your ticks from T0 to T3 will be respectively 2, 3, 4, and 5 instead of 4, 6, 8, 10.
Now if you lose that tower, cap it back without outnumbering and upgrade it again to Y3, you’ll have the full ticks all the way until you lose it again (so respectively 4, 6, 8, 10).

Maybe that way PPT heavy servers such as BB or JS will try to improve their fighting skills in order to cover for the point loss, because lets be honest here: apart from a few guilds and commanders, these servers usually avoid fights if:

• they don’t outnumber.
  • they are not covered by AC fire.
  • they are not double teaming.

An improvement of their fighting skills would be really nice because that way they would stop being boring servers in a match-up.

This and similar ideas have huge flaws. Here some scenarios:

You are outnumbered on your home borderland. The enemy takes all keeps on the map and moves on to another map. Now your EBG zerg recaps everything on your home while the enemy is gone. You outnumber the enemy 4:1 -> all your keeps on your home BL don’t count anymore for the tick, because your zerg came at the wrong time.

An enemy zerg comes to capture one of your keeps. You have similar numbers but your commander is inexperienced and the enemy commander is really good. You know you’ll lose the keep and you know that you most likely won’t get a chance to get it back soon: “Let’s just log off until the keep is captured, so the enemy won’t benefit from it.”

Your home BL is under pressure. Your main zerg doesn’t come to help, because the enemy would just benefit more from the ppt when you lose something. Now someone wants to help and tags up: “Don’t tag up, you can’t safe everything you just give more points to the enemy as we won’t be as outnumbered as before…”

Green and blue fight in the outer ring of a currently green t3 keep. During this epic blob fight 5 people from red sneak in and capture it. In the end of this epic blob fight blue captures the now red keep. Blue fought for 2 hours to crash a heavily sieged t3 keep, but doesn’t get points for it, because some people from red sneaked in?

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: Kir Sakar.3647

Kir Sakar.3647

100x this. Fix the actual problem instead of the symptoms. The only reason BB’s night presence is so out of whack compared to all other EU servers is that somehow, American developers assumed languages other than English are only spoken in Europe. Turns out this is not the case.

Maybe that way PPT heavy servers such as BB or JS will try to improve their fighting skills

They are not even a PPT server (that would suggest some sort of strategy), they just mindlessly karma-train all maps by outnumbering the others 10:1 at night. The other two servers reliably loose ALL their T3 objectives every night, despite having a small presence at night of 5-15 organized players defending stuff.

Next day you can deal with breaking their completely sieged-up T3-keeps on all maps full of supplies to slowly gain back your tick, rinse and repeat. If they weren’t dropping lootbags in plenty, it would be completely unfun to play against.

Charr Chronomancer | Asura Tempest | Charr Druid | Charr Guardian
(Seafarer’s Rest, EU)

Night monster in T1 EU

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

100x this. Fix the actual problem instead of the symptoms. The only reason BB’s night presence is so out of whack compared to all other EU servers is that somehow, American developers assumed languages other than English are only spoken in Europe. Turns out this is not the case.

Maybe that way PPT heavy servers such as BB or JS will try to improve their fighting skills

They are not even a PPT server (that would suggest some sort of strategy), they just mindlessly karma-train all maps by outnumbering the others 10:1 at night. The other two servers reliably loose ALL their T3 objectives every night, despite having a small presence at night of 5-15 organized players defending stuff.

Next day you can deal with breaking their completely sieged-up T3-keeps on all maps full of supplies to slowly gain back your tick, rinse and repeat. If they weren’t dropping lootbags in plenty, it would be completely unfun to play against.

Evening life in Spain is starting later then in the rest of EU and they staying up much longer then people from other countries. This has nothing to do with american players pouring into their server.
If you want to know why I suggest to read this article:
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/18/world/europe/spain-land-of-10-pm-dinners-ponders-a-more-standard-time.html?_r=0