Gift of Battle Feedback [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: KalasDelRio.8921

KalasDelRio.8921

There we go again, a typical WvW guy who has this in his/her mind ‘’If I want to make a PVE LEGENDARY I have to do pve so you pve people also have to suffer and do WvW to be fair’‘.
In the first place we’re talking about pve legendary, if you only care about WvW why would you even consider going for it at the first place? So far I have not yet seen any only focused on wvw guy being able to afford a legendary by just doing wvw (gold wise). Since you barely get any gold from doing that stuff. I’m pretty sure you’ll find a lot of wvw people who has a legendary that actually either spent real life money for gems/gold exchange or went into pve to get the amount of gold they need for the gift of fortune/precursor. So at some point you’ll have to do pve anyways unless you are ready to spend some RL money.

Yeah we literally have no other choice but to go into PvE to amass gold for Legendary weapons. However, if we were given the chance to get decent amounts of gold solely in WvW I guarantee a lot of us would do just that. The Gifts however are a different ball game. Do you really think WvW players want to run about in PvE to get the Gift of exploration? Why can’t we have a vendor to be able to get that easily?

Oh yeah, that’s right, ’cause you have to earn it. Same deal applies for this Gift now. 500 badges was easy to get if you just ran the eotm train. Which you can still do now btw.

Majestic Mez | Snoop Doggs Blunt | Majestic Tracer [OMEN]

in WvW

Posted by: Aeristoreine.9351

Aeristoreine.9351

There we go again, a typical WvW guy who has this in his/her mind ‘’If I want to make a PVE LEGENDARY I have to do pve so you pve people also have to suffer and do WvW to be fair’‘.
In the first place we’re talking about pve legendary, if you only care about WvW why would you even consider going for it at the first place? So far I have not yet seen any only focused on wvw guy being able to afford a legendary by just doing wvw (gold wise). Since you barely get any gold from doing that stuff. I’m pretty sure you’ll find a lot of wvw people who has a legendary that actually either spent real life money for gems/gold exchange or went into pve to get the amount of gold they need for the gift of fortune/precursor. So at some point you’ll have to do pve anyways unless you are ready to spend some RL money.

Yeah we literally have no other choice but to go into PvE to amass gold for Legendary weapons. However, if we were given the chance to get decent amounts of gold solely in WvW I guarantee a lot of us would do just that. The Gifts however are a different ball game. Do you really think WvW players want to run about in PvE to get the Gift of exploration? Why can’t we have a vendor to be able to get that easily?

Oh yeah, that’s right, ’cause you have to earn it. Same deal applies for this Gift now. 500 badges was easy to get if you just ran the eotm train. Which you can still do now btw.

I will earn my gift now by afking in wvw, in peak hours, so wvwers can complain. There are more complications than just making it annoying for one party to get. The biggest party who is gonna get hurt by this are just the true wvwers anyway. People who are in just for the gift dont care about your battles or strategies.

in WvW

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

They did notify us, but they haven’t got a handle on how to communicate what changes to us properly at the moment. Things like the polls and subsequent in game mails have been a really good example of how they are getting it right, however this GoB change was communicated via a footnote in a patch notes a while ago and also discussed on the forums.

The very least they could do is communicate changes like this in the patch notes 1-2 patches in advance. Like two patches ago “-we will be changing how Gift of Battle works in a way that you will not at all enjoy. You cannot prevent this. If you have any badges, you should spend them over the next month or so, because after we make the change, you will be kitten out of luck. Mwahahaha.”

But people have asked in the past for something that required more effort in regard to getting the Gift of Battle.

Yeah, but those guys are the jerks who just want to make other people’s lives harder. Nobody should listen to the jerks. If the jerks want to make their own lives harder, then they can just set whatever goals they feel is appropriate and not buy Gift of Battles until they’ve completed that goal.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

But people have asked in the past for something that required more effort in regard to getting the Gift of Battle.

Yeah, but those guys are the jerks who just want to make other people’s lives harder. Nobody should listen to the jerks. If the jerks want to make their own lives harder, then they can just set whatever goals they feel is appropriate and not buy Gift of Battles until they’ve completed that goal.

I don’t disagree. But ArenaNet seems to side with jerks, for example, the stacking issues in T2 right before the WvW changes.

in WvW

Posted by: Firmicute.3876

Firmicute.3876

Do you really think WvW players want to run about in PvE to get the Gift of exploration? Why can’t we have a vendor to be able to get that easily?

yes, so why not, instead of doing the old: If i have to suffer, so will you-schtick lets do the Yo anet, give the wvwers an option to earn the gift of exploration by playing wvw-schtick? Make like 1/4 of a gift as one endpart of a certain reward track (or one Nth- so that you will have to play comparative hours to get them) and maybe gate some items behind events that the wvwer has to do to earn it?

I don think: “we have to suffer, now you have to suffer too” is the solution when a better way would be: “please tailor the stuff so that we have multiple ways (similar in effort) to succeed and get the items and mats we need to make a legendary.”

in WvW

Aeristoreine.9351

The real problem is people doing wvw just for the sake of completing the GOB reward track, and you do know that in the process of doing this, one need not actively engage in true WvW objectives. I can simply go into EB/BL on prime time and just clog the queue while I semi-afk to complete my reward track.. Let the rest rage, it does not bother those who are there simply for the sake of getting a gift.

I need not listen to commander’s instructions and can just deplete supply in any ways I want. The people who are truly affected by this change are the true WvW’ers who are constantly trying to win their war.

Or you know, you could try to have some fun with all your server mates.
Don’t blame Anet if you chose to act like a kitten.

Well before the change I was motivated to help, since i needed those badges for my legendary crafting and I do wvw at least once per week for few hours. But now since I got no more use for badge of honor. There is this conflict of interest, so why should I help? World winning has nothing to do with my Gift. But if i joined a zerg and we can kill massive blobs for those badges, capping objectives for badges, im all in for that.

We ain’t playing the game for charity. We do things to get something, not nothing. Its fine if you like WvW, i support that. But I do WvW like others who are motivated by the Gift of battle obtained via badges. And while pursuing my badges, I help my server out.

(edited by Aeristoreine.9351)

in WvW

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

I’m so angry. I saved up thousands of badges for multiple Gifts of Battle and now they’re completely useless? WTF Anet. Thanks for screwing those people over for no reason.

in WvW

Posted by: Clisna.3041

Clisna.3041

Have we ever pressured ANET to return some patch change back?

in WvW

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

This change wouldn’t be so bad if they had just communicated about it properly, but no. Apparently they have learned nothing from the days when they changed karma and champ loot.

Why are they even wasting time changing the acquisition of OLD legendary weapons. Many players already have acquired them, so it’s unfair to people who are late to the party.

What a pointless and completely unfair change.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Please, bring the vendor back and use an in-game mail to announce the grace period. This is not proper communication of a change at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

Meh, glad Charr boobs are a priority for Anet, but when it comes to wasting hours of my time (and invalidating my currency) with a badly communicated change they are completely silent for days.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The only reason this was changed was to get people back into WvW after the HoT changed decimated the WvW population.

This maybe true, but its going to bring the wrong players into WvW.

Does anyone remember all them complaints about season 1 where WvW players complained about PvE players filling up queue’s etc and K-Training the maps etc,

Do you want the BL’s to become massive K-Train maps by PvE players, because this is how you get massive K-Trains on the BL’s by PvE only players,

This update makes no sense, I could understand it it was 1 tier long, where you have to say get 10 ticks at max reward, but to make it the same as a normal title track, was stupid,

That old saying, if its not broken don’t try and fix it.

ANet don’t care, they just want all game modes to be populated. You only have to look at the PvP forum to see how unhappy people are with the PvP league. Everything ANet are doing is damage control. They have spent too much time on raids, when other parts of the game are begging for things to do. Non raiding PvE players have had nothing new since HoT dropped. So ANet are trying to get them into other game modes to keep them occupied by making things harder to get by putting them behind a grind wall. It’s all just busy work.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in WvW

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Very true.. If I feel forced I don’t play nice. I’m sure all WvW:ers don’t explore the world with a smile on their lips either.
I was already in there for 8 hours longer than I wanted to be; so minimal effort is what you get.

I highly doubt you’ll see WvW’ers in PvE intentionally derailing event chains, killing an Octovine when the map is holding for another side to catch up, tagging up and leading zergs astray so metas fail, etc all because they may not like PvE. That’s essentially what you’re doing: Throwing a tantrum because you can’t get your way. Times like this make me wish I could craft a box of Pampers and a juice box. Vials of Salt just don’t seem like enough.

Why would they? There was no change that requires them to replay PvE content that they have already completed. If there was I would support that type of response your referring to.

Look, for me there is no interest in camps or keeps, repairing, capturing or any of that.
There is no interest in buffs or rewards or tracks or schemes to generate massive amounts of gold, or any of that. Being from Anvil Rock I’m used to not having any WvW generated buffs. Don’t want them if they are generated.

Let me drive this home. If Wvw gives me 10 times the gold for the same time spent as in PvE I still wouldn’t want to do it.
Most importantly, I already tried it all, for way too long, and hated every minute of it.
So, if I somehow decide to compromise my ethics and do this stuff, don’t be surprised when you go for supply and it’s gone.

in WvW

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Please, bring the vendor back and use an in-game mail to announce the grace period. This is not proper communication of a change at all.

Grace period is already expired : It was announced one month ago … lol.

They do what they can but you have to do your part of the job by reading the patch notes after an update. And please don’t tell me that you are not aware when your game update ……

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Why do people insist on calling them PvE legendaries? They are legendaries… period.

This is also one of the easiest crafting components to acquire from the legendary journey. I thought this topic was more related to earning the gift from badges/vendor (now removed) versus the amount of work required to obtain via the reward track.

You’ve always had to do WvW to get the component of the legendary, and anet never changed that aspect. Why are so many posting insinuating that ‘we will come and do the least possible’

People, regardless of game mode, will want legendaries because of the cosmetic effects. No group is entitled to them. How you acquire them, regardless of preferred game mode … is going to be through the grind, or with RL money → gems to gold.

Stereotyping others only makes individuals themselves look poorly.

I really feel bad for those who have saved many badges up … only to have the ability to spend those on gifts, taken away. Especially for those who don’t enjoy WvW and have already put in ample amount of effort to acquire them. Those are the people who got impacted the most.

It would be like a pvp player or wvw player exploring the entire world, and the final map left … only to have the gift of exploration now require say … raid tokens or something other than world completion.

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They do what they can but you have to do your part of the job by reading the patch notes after an update. And please don’t tell me that you are not aware when your game is update ……

It wasn’t “announced” — it was mentioned in the equivalent of a footnote to the patch notes. No date was mentioned. And even those of us who religiously read ANet’s tweets, blogs, etc, there was no clear date at which it was clear that ANet was intending to go live with the non-beta version of the reward tracks.

In particular, the mention came in the section of the patch notes entitled, “WvW—REWARD TRACKS (Beta)” — I doubt many PvE-only players expected that would include something they needed to read carefully.

I do what I can — I even go out of my way to warn others of impending changes, but this one took me by surprise.

Mind you, I won’t be in any particular difficulty over the new requirement, as I like WvW and do it enough to earn Gifts of Battle as quickly as I earn Gifts of Exploration. I just don’t think ANet should confuse what they have done with “announcing” a change likely to be important to PvE-only players.

tl;dr I’m surprised that anyone — especially those at ANet — is surprised that a lot of people were surprised by this change coming in this particular patch, rather than in one down the road with appropriate pre-patch fanfare.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

They do what they can but you have to do your part of the job by reading the patch notes after an update. And please don’t tell me that you are not aware when your game update ……

We all know updates come on Tuesdays… Most of us were under the impression that this week would primarily be the release of the new raid wing. There was no communication that the WvW reward tracks would exit beta this week. That is what people are upset about. This is akin to the karma booster nerfs, which they redacted long enough for people to use their boosts and drink their karma. Hoping they’ll throw the vendor back in WvW for a week or two, because I completely forgot the mention in April’s patch notes- vacations and a job will do that to you.

Otherwise, I think it would be fair to allow us to buy WvW reward track potions with Badges of Honor. What the heck am I supposed to do with them now anyway?

(edited by rhapsody.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well the ultimate failing of this is that I am not really sure who this is aimed at.

It seems to fulfill the developer’s sense of achievement…. Okay, I get it, badges suck, you didn’t need to WvW for them, we needed to update the legendaries. It’s a high end item, and honestly nobody’s entitled to anything about them— the manifesto has by default never applied to legendaries— they’re going to change it and you’re just going to accept it since they’re not taking any of your old legendaries away. I fully understand the intent, and even if you disagree with it, you need to try and get a grasp on it, otherwise there is no discussion.

But on the other hand, it feels like a bit half-baked because now people only have one path to go to— these new reward tracks they’re pushing.

Personally, I don’t think either side is blameless. Yes, they did a terrible job at communicating it but honestly I saw this coming from a mile away given their development trends and I had little interest in the matter beyond liquidating this useless currency before it was too late. Even without patch notes. But then again, you add the stupid RNG of precursors and you find it very hard to plan for, ending up in a bad situation no matter what.

What I really don’t like though is people talking down to pvers around these parts. Honestly, there’s much to gain from welcoming them, instead of treating them all like spoiled children (being a salty warrior doesn’t help.) I mean sure, some of them are actually spoiled and even send you hate mail for disagreeing with them, but I can’t really say the other groups of people are any better. It greatly disturbs me that people cry over a dying game mode and obsess over population, but appantetly there’s a huge population base out there that they could help them, but no they’re all heathens that will never, ever grasp the ways of WvW because they only act in their self intrests (lol because WvWers are always all selfless people that give their lives in glory to their server)

It is a hidden irony that the patch that greatly improved WvW options so that WvW’ers don’t have to pve for things is the one where some of us wvw’ers decide it’s okay to pour salt in other people’s wounds. That I think is bad.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

There was a warning some weeks ago (the April patch) when they introduced the wvw reward tracks.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-19-2016/first#post6102518

“WvW—REWARD TRACKS (Beta)
Reward tracks have been added to World vs. World. These are nearly identical to the reward tracks you find in PvP, except that some rewards have been adjusted to be geared toward WvW players. One of the tracks offers players a chance to earn the new WvW-exclusive Triumphant armor set! Also, once the reward tracks feature exits beta testing, the Gift of Battle legendary crafting component will no longer be available as a vendor purchase and will be earned via its own reward track.

I wish they have at least bolded the text like you did. But not even that.
Not to mention an in-game mail about such a big change would be more than welcome…
Or a news headline in the game launcher…
No heads-up on Dulfy about the change, too. Nothing.
And now, I’m stuck with loads of useless tokens -.-
That really kittenes me off!

To be fair…

Light mention in 20k word patch notes that are easy to miss and don’t stand out.

“Once the reward track feature exits beta” is ambiguous.

The devs could have made it known a couple weeks prior that the reward track beta would exit and to buy what you need, if you need. It’s a communication thing, but I understand it’s easy to miss something like this among the flood of work.

At this point it would be reasonable to make a post saying “hey, we are making the vendor available for 1 month, until this date, so pick up your GoB if you need them. After this date the vendor will no longer be available and GoB will only be obtainable through reward tracks going forward.”. That would be clear, concise and appropriate at this point.

I sincerely thought “no longer available” was a warning sign, regardless of time period.

On the other hand, given its pertinence to legendaries, it should have not just been in the WvW section. The other problem is the amount of changes were so massive and all at once that it was a problem.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

~snipped for cleanliness~

So ANet are trying to get them into other game modes to keep them occupied by making things harder to get by putting them behind a grind wall. It’s all just busy work.

Yeah, I think I just decided to refuse to do all that “busy work” and not worry about Legendaries anymore. I’ll look at it as time and gold saved for other things.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

in WvW

Posted by: KengDiEn.2056

KengDiEn.2056

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Half of the year i collected matherials for ONE legendary weapon… And you think that it’s not hard enough?!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone who knows about this just bought enought bages before you did it. And you think that WvW become more interesting with this?! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I STILL DON’T WANT THIS! Screw you… really. I don’t want to play this any more.

in WvW

Posted by: Majir Kejr.8537

Majir Kejr.8537

I do not usually engage in debate. Removing the Gift of Battle vendor is exceptionally disappointing.

I have been working way to hard to go back to grinding WvW.

Why can’t we get the vendor back? NO economic value in removing it.

Way Too much grind —

I’ve been a loyal customer since early days GW1, and this really makes want to uninstall and walk away . Certainly don’t want to buy any more Gems.

(edited by Majir Kejr.8537)

in WvW

Posted by: Hahnchen.5420

Hahnchen.5420

VERY disappointed this was removed from the vendor. I was really looking forward having my first legendary done by the end of the month.

Check out my deviantART and Tumblr for GW2 art!

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

This change wouldn’t be so bad if they had just communicated about it properly, but no. Apparently they have learned nothing from the days when they changed “karma”

Anet are terrible in this regard. They clearly don’t document and change processes when mistakes are made.

in WvW

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

What I get from this. That especially on weekends, when there are Que’s There will be dozens of dozens of ppl in Que, Afk, and don’t care for WvW.

So why are you WvW’ers laughing at this?

Well at least it’ll even out as this will effect all servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Gilles VI.2149

Gilles VI.2149

Lol, You know nothing.

WvW has had the struggles since the launch. Kill 250,00 dolyaks anyone? Or anything crazy like that. Luckily it did get changed to something more reasonable.

Like I said before. The GoB barely required any effort to get it as you could just do the jumping puzzles daily and get your badges that way. This way it feels more like Gift of Battle as what ever you do, you are technically supporting your realms “war” effort.

Seeing how I’m just afk’ing this entire reward track, I’m actually doing absolutely nothing for the “war effort”. On the contrary, some people were mad because I took up a spot while doing nothing and there were queues.

in WvW

Gilles VI.2149

Ways for WvW-Adverse PVE’ers to get reward track participation with no (or mimimal) bad guy interaction while probably still helping their servermates:

*Repair structures (check with the other WvW’ers, especially a Commander, first as they may need the supply for defense, etc. and don’t want it burned on repairing walls or gates)

*Destroy siege (if you’re running around and see an unmanned bad guy catapult, ram, etc. kill it)

*Escort a caravan (find a Dolyak and get it to it’s final destination. Use swiftness to get credit faster by getting the yak to its final destination faster)

*Stop a caravan (kill an enemy yak, especially in an enemy borderland)

*Capture a sentry (remember you will show up as a red dot on the map to whomever currently owns that sentry so kill it fast, capture the point by standing in the circle, and then gtfo)

*Defeat veteran guards, supervisors, or quartermaster NPC’s which can be found guarding the enemy gates, escorting Dolyaks, on patrols around structures, or in camps. (Bonus kudos if you hit the gate a few times too as that puts up swords on the enemy structure so they think it’s being hit by a group. This is also known as a “tap”. It causes a bit of confusion for the enemy)

*Capture a camp (more difficult than the items mentioned above, but you can stack up most of the npc’s and burn them down before swords even pop on the camp. Stand in the capture circle and take the camp once they’re all dead)

*If you’re particularly talented, lucky, and/or the map is dead you could also solo towers and keeps but risk of discovery is huge with these two.

Final notes: use a character class/build that allows you to be highly mobile. If an enemy is sighted, and you don’t wish to engage, you can gtfo. Many dedicated WvW’ers aren’t real thrilled with runners, but at least your teammates will be happy that you’re doing the items above. Granted, you just want track participation, but the side effects are that you help out your server.

Then bask in all that PPT goodness that gives you all those Power of the Mists buffs that people love so much. lol http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_of_the_Mists There are rumors of these buffs eventually going away, but for now we WvW’ers are able to provide some benefit to everyone who is on our server so we’re not entirely selfish with our game mode.

Also: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track

Have fun! Who knows. Maybe you’ll hang out in wvw, end up actually liking it, and decide to put in some more hours!

I’m sorry to tell you this after you wrote that all out but I’m just gonna be honest with you. I don’t care about WvW at all, I tried it at launch, I absolutely hated it and I’m just not gonna bother. I’ve actually seen a guildie of me reply in this thread and I’m doing the exact same. I get my participation up, and then I afk while I make sure I cap a ruin every 10mins to keep up my participation. I don’t care that I don’t help my server, I don’t care that I take up a spot that could have been taken by someone that does want to play. I want my gift of battle, and Anet decided to lock it behind some stupid reward track so here we are.

And to be honest, you seem to be the exception but most WvW’ers here and on reddit are the most toxic people I’ve ever met. Which says a lot because I raid/fractal very often. So I really can’t feel bad about it.

in WvW

Gilles VI.2149

I’m sure I kittened off a lot of WvW:ers by just repairing walls of SM every few minutes last night, for like 8 hours straight, but it let me achieve my goal in the least painful way so frankly I didn’t care.

tbh, that says way more about your character than Anet’s game design changes. But it takes all types to make the world go ’round I guess. ::shrug::

You can force me to do something, but you can’t force me to do it with maximum effort and a smile on my lips.

in WvW

Gilles VI.2149

Please just readd the vendor for a week for people who were not aware of this change.

Except ONE minute after the 7th day when it disappeared again people would flood to these forums with pitchforks and torches and go “OH MY GAWD WHY WAS THIS NOT COMMUNICATED BETTER THAT THIS VENDOR WAS DISAPPEARING AFTER 7 DAYS I CANT BE BOTHERED TO READ PATCH NOTES SO I DIDNT SEE IT THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A HUGE SIGN WITH TWINKLY LIGHTS ON EVERY MAP WITH DANCING MONKEYS AND FREE HALF FRAPPE CHOCOLATE CRAPPOCCINOS WITH FIREWORKS ON TOP TO TELL ME OMG”

I actually welcome any additional participation in WvW. At best, people discover that they actually enjoy the game mode and stick around. At worst, you’re a loot bag when you die (and that’s still good imo.)

Or I can actively try to sabotage my server? I heard repairing wrong things or building wrong things can really hurt perhaps even be on the enemy TS.

in WvW

Gilles VI.2149

I have q good news for pve players: you dont need farm in wvw as in pve. You need play!

Not really, easiest way to do the reward track is just afk’ing it. Which I just did, 8 hours in a row on reset day.

in WvW

Posted by: Amethyst Rose.4367

Amethyst Rose.4367

Ok I am very upset, I don’t like WvW but have done quite a lot of it in the past to get badges for things like the Gift of Battle…. and basically without warning they removed the vendor to buy days before I went to buy it. What are you thinking at Arenanet, stop moving the goal posts!! I had done this work already… and now you have made the currency useless! This is basically the only reason I have badges. If I am forced to do more WvW just to get the Gift of Battle… I am going to be very upset, very unproductive in WvW basically just consuming space. Please stop the lunacy and give us back the vendor so we can spend our hard earned badges.

in WvW

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Well, obviously Anet isn’t going to do anything about it. The threads have been merged and buried. Thx Anet.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in WvW

Posted by: Doonx.5347

Doonx.5347

Have no plan about making a legendary weapon, but i hate the method that Anet use to force player to do something. Wvw need new mechanic to become more attractive, not a bunch of people who suffer from wvw run and only want to afk.

I hope there could be more choices to gain something and have fun, but they just keep reduce and remove and delete something. Seemed that they are “filtering” players rather than drawing players. I once thought game designer is someone who adding something people would enjoy to the game……Or this is just a story about “Come on, let’s harm each other!”?

I might be a hater, be salty, and if i leave nobody would miss me.

(Sigh)Of course nobody would miss me, all my freinds had been afk for lacking content about at least half a year. I am the one who is missing others badly.

(edited by Doonx.5347)

in WvW

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Well, obviously Anet isn’t going to do anything about it. The threads have been merged and buried. Thx Anet.

I love how they shifted it to the WvW section……..where all the people it affects will never find it now.

GG

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

I believe 2+ years heads up is enough of a warning, they said when they removed the rank30 requirement they would look at alternate ways to earning the Gift of Battle. http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/293303-gift-of-battle-rank-requirement-update/

You get more than enough badges from achievement chests to not even have to do WvW to purchase the Gift, and they even removed WvW map completion a while back which was needed for Gift of Exploration. Just a bunch of whining entitled kittens in this thread, WvW/PvP players don’t like the fact we have to spend tons of hours in PVE doing map completion.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Firmicute.3876

Firmicute.3876

well. Its not really my problem, innit? I can stand afk and repair some wall or build siege until the depot is empty to have participation and to then go afk again and do something thats fun.

I mean, yeah, one person taking away a slot on a full t1 map wont be much a problem..I think? So lets just hope there arent much of us.. Which i find hard to believe seeing this feedback. Then you just have to live with people doing the minimalist of work and taking away space from people who do wanna pvp truly.
But hey, at least its just 8-10 hours.. So you may have the problem for a week.. I will try to not take away important queue-space on peak time, but I do what I must do while trying to minimize my own annoyance and anger. (but I wont be rude. Just doing what I have to do then afk until i have to do it again. snore )
Soo. Shouldnt be a problem then. I hope. We whine. we afk and when we get the kitten we came for we will go away to be happy again…
Well until the next batch of people that want to do a leggy come in, take space, afk or build stuff just to get participation.

in WvW

Posted by: Thraellic.5147

Thraellic.5147

Dear Anet, so let me get this straight: you just summarily decided that players’ past efforts earning GoB is now null and void.

Screw you. Screw you from the bottom of my heart.

in WvW

Posted by: Tsazao.6318

Tsazao.6318

Oh wow. I don’t play this game often enough to keep up to date with patch notes. Would have banked the gifts had I known. Grace week maybe?

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

I’m not understanding this. This gift is still one of the easiest gifts to get. People are qqing because it’s not practically free anymore? It’s for a legendary!!! As far as I’m concerned you should have to play all game modes to complete your legendary.

in WvW

Posted by: Seurious.5632

Seurious.5632

I love how they shifted it to the WvW section……..where all the people it affects will never find it now.

At first I thought that was rude, but after thinking about it, I think it just shows that Anet doesn’t get it. It’s a general discussion legendary issue, not a WvW issue.

The only thing I wanted to do in this game while waiting for LWs3, was make the HoT legendaries. I’ve done everything else I wanted to do 9 times over. Once with every profession. I’ve got C&C done and Nevermore a day or so away from being finished, only needing the GoBs. The axe and pistol were next. The pain of getting to Rank 14 in a tiring game mode to spend my stinking badges was just about the last straw as it was. Run, run, run to find the big blob, run, run, run, lean against that wall and click build, run, run, run the other blob is 5x bigger. I obviously don’t know how to play WvW, I’m missing the fun part.

Since this unexpected by me change, I’ve cut my play time down to about 1/8th of what I was playing. If this change stays without an announced reversion/date of change announcement, my play time will probably be 0.

First, no you can’t have my stuff. You can’t lick my salty tears, because I’m not crying, I’ll just find another game to play. I liked the gameplay and the graphics, and like killing dragons, so picked this one. There are others. I spend ~$100 a month on gems, that I’m sure won’t make any difference to the Anet coffers. But if many like minded, financially secure individuals stop using RL funds for gems, it may have an impact.

Second, I’m not going to afk my way thru a reward track to get GoB’s, I need 4 of them. I have the badges. After reading many of the comments in this thread and the WvW merged one, it is tempting to put up my Commander’s tag, yellow ofc, and stand by a wall that may need repair so that like minded PvE players know where to stand. Though with 0% participation on my part, I may be there for several months… In case it’s not clear, I don’t like WvW and will stop playing and find another game before I do the reward track 4 times. If you like it, fine, 3 cheers for you. Have a blast. Of course the WvW players that think all game modes should be manditory for legendaries should be pushing for full raid completion and achievements to be added to the requirements.

TLDR: Cool story bro. Cheers.

in WvW

Posted by: Reztek.7805

Reztek.7805

What is your WvW rank?

With 15k badges I’m sure his rank is high enough and they did remove the merchant for everyone less than 48 hours ago.

How can you be sure? Everyone gets a kittenload of Badges for free from achievement chests and even some from dungeon runs. Without doing WvW at all. Wonder if the name of that gift is misleading?! :p

Badge of Honor
But sure, you all “worked” hard … :p

Ranger/Mesmer/Thief/Warrior/Elementalist/Guardian/Engineer/Necromancer/Revenant

(edited by Reztek.7805)

in WvW

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

I had a chuckle… LIES!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Critical Lag.9075

Critical Lag.9075

Why are they even wasting time changing the acquisition of OLD legendary weapons. .

You need it for new ones as well. I’m glad I bought it one day before to finish Astralaria, otherwise I’d probably quit the game. I still want to make Bolt and even thinking about doing this reward track makes me die a little inside every time. I’m gonna save it for last and hope they get to their senses and revert this change, at the very least for some time.

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Gift of Battle was always the thing which was so easy to obtain, I dont even see why people had to put effort in it. So why do people cry now? Seriously. Buying the gift takes as much time as getting 500 medals. Its not effort at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

Bring back Gift of Battle as purchaseable item because this change is THE MOST stupid change I’ve ever heard of in history of GW2. You take back and postpone literally everything, to focus on polishing content? Bullkitten and that’s all. Gemstore is only part of this game where feedback is actually listened to. Now what are we gonna use excessive badges of honor? To buy ballistas ans put them randomly all over the map and crash it?

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”

in WvW

Machiavell.7396

ArenaNet is seriously having bad ideas most of the time. The announcement of this huge change was not enough and majority of us missed it, now we are stuck with everything. Bring back Gift of Battle as purchaseable item or we are gonna literally buy random crap and waste all resources to grief keeps.

in WvW

Machiavell.7396

Bring back Gift of Battle if you value playerbase even slightly.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Bad for players to have to go re-earn what they already had before. Instead of making older content more complicated, add new content that is actually good. Updates should be adding more, not taking away what people already have. If there is a petition to change it back, add my name to the list. I have no idea who thinks up these stupid things to do, this and the " oh lets take away everything guild already earned ad make it way harder to get it back so most the small guilds quit the game already" This falls into the same category of making players unhappy with the developers and their game. It seems like a little straw.. but it only take that " one straw" to break the camels back.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Aeristoreine.9351

I had a chuckle… LIES!

This guy here is a fine example of how us players have worked for our gift of battle. Amassing thousands of badges of honor isnt a few minutes work. We spent hours in there.. To you guys who say who should start getting into wvw and not whine obviously are not long time wvwers. I believe long time wvwers have seen enough; the changes in population, motivation of players and plight of the entire wvw environment, and can understand the plight of us players now to have our effort totally invalidated.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

This has been mentioned off and on for the last couple months. Yes they didnt put up a big flashing alert on the launcher telling us “Were removing gifts of battle from the vendor tomorrow” but we had warning that it would be coming some point soon. I bought 6 of the things when I first heard about it, I doubt I’ll craft that many legendaries but I figured I’d have them just in case.

Honestly 500 badges was prety cheep anyway. A good zerg could get that in an evening or two or even daily’s for a couple weeks as 2 of them on average are soloable every day. Even on the reward tracks it wont be all that hard as you can get almost 1 tier of them every 15 minutes just roaming around hiting camps and sentries.

So assume you’re going for a WvW title; kill x ammount of Dolyaks. Would you be happy if it’s removed next patch, and ok with the info if it was mentioned as a sidenote under “New Titles for Heart of Thorns Areas”? ‘Also, as a result of this change we will be removing all WvW titles in an upcoming patch.’

Actually, when I first started playing WvW, I had hoped to get the Realm Defender title, but that was removed because people were just burning supply on repairing walls and building useless siege. So…. yeah….. I cowboyed up and I dealt with it, and moved on with my life. It’s called being an adult.