North american servers

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: hayabusafmw.9370

hayabusafmw.9370

Seriously i’m not against the whole blobbing and outnumbered scenarios in wvw.Sometimes it’s what makes wvw fun. To kill those meta build and noobs using zerk builds and able to stomp them to oblivion. My main issue here is when you get 4 paired with DEAD SERVERS. it’s not really fun. Some servers we get paired with have coverage 24/7 seems like. Us ? maybe maximum 6 hrs a day with ok numbers….

Anet hello? can you hear me it’s been 4 years. It’s time to realise your game isn’t as popular and is ’’dying’’ in certain game mode. It’s time to kill all those useless PVE servers and merge them into new ’’names’’ and make them more crowded and hopefully wvw will be fixed and balanced that way.

’"’drano’’’’

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

If the issue you describe was even happening, which as far as I can see it isn’t, it would be one created entirely by players. If players in a particular time zone or language group choose to cluster together on particular servers then that’s a player choice not a function of the mechanics. Ditto the tendency pf players to move from less populated servers to higher populated ones or for guilds to arrange alliances to move en masse to create bandwagon servers.

So long as players are allowed free choice of server and free movement, even at a cost, this will continue to happen. If you reduced the number of servers to three and left free movement in place what do you imagine the result would be? One super-giant server and two also-rans, of course.

The only way to ensure continual, even population balance would be to remove the choice from players completely and have representation assigned by the system. And if that could be achieved the social costs would probably destroy most players’ interest in playing WvW at all. At best you’d be recreating EotM and we’ve seen how popular that has been with the dedicated WvW playerbase…

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I could be wrong.. but I honestly believe that the “beginning of the end” for WvW was the introduction of the Megaserver in PvE. Once we were unable to pop out to the cities and put out the call for help in WvW for our own server the crippling began.

Don’t say we can still do that now because now you are shouting out to all servers and letting everyone else know that you are putting out the call for help… which is why, of course, you don’t see that in the cities anymore.

The next thing to damage WvW was the world linking. On the surface it seemed like a nice idea to the blob festers but it has not really done much more than demoralize many linked server communities and create an environment where more people than ever don’t care about winning or losing. Sieging Keeps and Towers and keeping that siege refreshed used to be something people were happy to do. There are a few that do it.. but much less than before since the k-train blobs can actually pretty much take what they want when they really want, and k-train blobs is mostly what makes up WvW these days.

A few of us still continue to run small havoc squads in our little community that doesn’t seem to have any desire to break up and move to other servers (yuck) and we avoid the blob fest that most are involved in. We aren’t “server loyal” really since we don’t have a server. Just “yet another host” each 2 months.

I could go on but I won’t… there’s really nothing left to say. I play this game still to have fun with friends. The game mode and “features” stopped being an attraction a long time ago.

… just call me … Tim :)

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

They need to blow up the servers and introduce a server loyalty program. Like the longer you stay with said name server the better it gets (have a bad case skin at the end like idk guild cap?!) however when you transfer it goes on cd and resets. If they approached servers as giant teams and did things to really make you feel a part of that team players will hype themselves up. Part of the reason wvw feels so bleh now is most players don’t feel like they’re having an impact and aren’t contributing to the fight you just feel like a cog in the machine which is kind of the opposite of why people play video games

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Irikami.6270

Irikami.6270

WvW was a mass PvP game mod, now you have a dead game mod with 12 servers so… Even roaming is affected by dead servers, there was a time that i could play all the day if i want mass pvp or roaming, not anymore, now it’s just on reset and weekend prime time. Anet should work in servers limits and reduce servers (change all names) OR make something new like limiting WvW time and more exclusive rewards (not 24h anymore) OR some new idea.

We need to have “will” to play WvW too and this is something hard to recover, i love my server for years but it’s just gone, while you guys keep your mind of “leave alone my dead server!” there are other games on the market working their way to bring true mass and dynamic PvP, and i can guess what will happen in the future. To say even more, without WvW alive GW2 is just one more MMO in the market.

Artien Ni, Engineer
Naraku no Kitsune, Necromancer
Fort Aspenwood (GODS)

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It’s interesting how so many are outnumbered frequently yet so many servers are dead. I’m not really sure how that works.

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

You must be in like tier 5 or something. FA has jumped from 1-3-2-3-4 and we always have fights. Usually there are ques as well. So not sure where your at but you are wrong about 90% my friend.

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

90% of NA servers are not dead. About half of them are.

I play on a server that bounces between 2-3-4. It’s fine except when we get matched with one of the servers that is currently locked in ‘full’ status. Then it’s horrible. We get rolled all week. No chance to be competitive because they bring massive numbers to every scrum 24×7. Even to take camps.

What needs to be done is to merge the dead servers until there aren’t any dead ones left. Eliminate linking.

Then add major incentives to encourage people to move off of the full servers.

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Before anyone continues, OP is from SF, thus he is complaining about CD and IOJ, that they are linked with dead servers.

Personally, I think CD link is not dead but rather, inconsistent in their numbers due to lack of consistent commanders. In fact, CD links actually has more NA guilds than HOD links. Also, CD links has more SEA guilds than HOD too. Finally, FA link has better coverage and numbers when compared to their opponents. The only timezone FA is inferior is early EU.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

They need to blow up the servers and introduce a server loyalty program. Like the longer you stay with said name server the better it gets (have a bad case skin at the end like idk guild cap?!) however when you transfer it goes on cd and resets. If they approached servers as giant teams and did things to really make you feel a part of that team players will hype themselves up. Part of the reason wvw feels so bleh now is most players don’t feel like they’re having an impact and aren’t contributing to the fight you just feel like a cog in the machine which is kind of the opposite of why people play video games

This is pretty much it. You should be rewarded for every month you stick to your server. Your characters get birthday presents each year. Why not presents for server loyalty like the new monthly thing.
And make them good and retroactive (maybe precursors after a year or a full ascended gear or something)

The whole mess started with people transfering for seasons and jumping servers. Servers should have been locked before the anouncement of seasons and transfers should have been watched more carefully.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Arcasura.4167

Arcasura.4167

Please split them into PPK and PPT servers. PPT Servers have no PPK Points. Ask the Players about new Server Anet. Do a Poll PLZ.

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

You would need a third set for those that don’t care about either.

… just call me … Tim :)

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

And a fourth set for those that care about both.

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

And a fourth set for those that care about both.

and another one for roamers,
and another one for SEA, OCX and/or EU
and another one for GvG
and another one for those that only play on weekends/reset
and another one for those who would like to transfer to BG

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

Before anyone continues, OP is from SF, thus he is complaining about CD and IOJ, that they are linked with dead servers.

Personally, I think CD link is not dead but rather, inconsistent in their numbers due to lack of consistent commanders. In fact, CD links actually has more NA guilds than HOD links. Also, CD links has more SEA guilds than HOD too. Finally, FA link has better coverage and numbers when compared to their opponents. The only timezone FA is inferior is early EU.

Would agree, CD linkup is not dead. We can queue a map on most time zones depending on the commander. CD players will rarely try to follow SF tags. Most will follow out of curiosity but once they realize its a ranger/mesmer/condi ele/ or whatever bright idea SF has conjured up. We just kinda log off.

The IOJ tags from QQ/AMOK have been fun to follow. They can actually push and not die.

Secondly, CD has 1 sea guild which is VII"s sea division. That is relatively new. HOD has the mighty Time/WOR/etc ready to ktrain at a moment’s notice.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

There may be dead times of the day on some servers, but its not dead all the time across the board.

I agree with an earlier poster that the megaserver disabling the ability of a world to call for help cut off a life line of introducing players to the game mode. Its to bad Anet (as usual) ignores its player base when it points out these issues.

SBI

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: notpotato.3210

notpotato.3210

Personally, I think CD link is not dead but rather, inconsistent in their numbers due to lack of consistent commanders.

You’re certainly entitled to what you think. What you think is not actual fact though.

In fact, CD links actually has more NA guilds than HOD links.

Yes you’re right. the links. Not CD itself which has 1-3 guilds active on NA

Also, CD links has more SEA guilds than HOD too.

CD has 1 active SEA guild comprising between 5-10 people, and a bunch of pugs. This is actual fact and not what I think since I’m the tag that has to deal with HOD zergs (yes plural) and ninja ppters. and a TIME blob that runs from me.

You have valid points which I agree with. The rest of your delusions, I’m calling you out.

(edited by notpotato.3210)

North american servers

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Secondly, CD has 1 sea guild which is VII"s sea division. That is relatively new. HOD has the mighty Time/WOR/etc ready to ktrain at a moment’s notice.

CD has 1 active SEA guild comprising between 5-10 people, and a bunch of pugs. This is actual fact and not what I think since I’m the tag that has to deal with HOD zergs (yes plural) and ninja ppters. and a TIME blob that runs from me.

SF has SEA guild, BANA, which I saw a small group few days ago though BANA’s member told me they are on hiatsu which means they are not consistent. Also, CD has another SEA guild called HAX, they do WvW for fun and irregularly. Regardless, even excluding those guilds, they are still part of CD links SEA population thus CD has a sizable SEA population, which is still more than what HOD links has.

HOD does has a lot of early EU population, consisting of South Africa & EU & NA players, these numbers start to grow during server time 3pm onwards which is 11pm for SEA. [WOR] is part of that early EU forces. However, before that timing, FA links has large zergs and CD is very capable of fielding a large zerg. I do remember seeing outman buff when I entered WvW at wednesday 1030PM SEA time, one hour later, CD capped SMC which FA held for 17 hours.

Personally, I think CD link is not dead but rather, inconsistent in their numbers due to lack of consistent commanders.

You’re certainly entitled to what you think. What you think is not actual fact though.

So you are saying CD is dead? Ok, understood. You are from CD, if you said is dead, it is dead, no need to be so aggressive in your reply. Though, is pretty contradictory to what shiri.4257 wrote and the cappin T3 smc earlier. Regardless, matchup discussion is prohibited in forums.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

HOD sea can queue maps when there’s no resistance. HOD sea is only outmanned when someone fights back.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

North american servers

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

HOD sea can queue maps when there’s no resistance. HOD sea is only outmanned when someone fights back.

Unfortunately, the opposite happened. We had a lot more people when there are quality fights, even people who have left the game for almost a year have returned. FA has provided quality fights and inspired our SEA.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Yeah PvE’ers like WvW. So much easier than getting lost in those huge labyrinthine PvE maps. All you do is click “enter WvW” and it teleports you right to the karma train.

Sad all the WvW’ers quit. I’ve been playing some old games never had the chance to try. I chuckle every time I play FFV and the Exdeath villain appears.

JQ subsidiary

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

WvW was a mass PvP game mod, now you have a dead game mod with 12 servers so… Even roaming is affected by dead servers, there was a time that i could play all the day if i want mass pvp or roaming, not anymore, now it’s just on reset and weekend prime time. Anet should work in servers limits and reduce servers (change all names) OR make something new like limiting WvW time and more exclusive rewards (not 24h anymore) OR some new idea.

We need to have “will” to play WvW too and this is something hard to recover, i love my server for years but it’s just gone, while you guys keep your mind of “leave alone my dead server!” there are other games on the market working their way to bring true mass and dynamic PvP, and i can guess what will happen in the future. To say even more, without WvW alive GW2 is just one more MMO in the market.

Not true actually. ANet knows this which is why they are focusing more on their PvE side of the game. GW2 is the only mainstream MMO I know of that has a personal story system. GW2 is the only mainstream MMO that I know of that really haven no gear grind. GW2 is the only truly casual MMO on the market that has the least amount of competitive options.

Isn’t ANet working on the next power creep expansion atm anyways. That’s how they get paid to do what they do. PvPers nor WvWers help ANet keep the game a float most don’t ever care about cosmetics and stuff like that. However the PvEers and the RPers will throw hundreds if not thousands of USD at ANet just to look the way they want.

GW2 is a very very ah…. special MMO in it’s own way, because of it’s PvE content. Here I recommend you all looking at this GW2 fan reviewer’s video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEXgHOsRt8c&t=4s

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Irikami.6270

Irikami.6270

Not true actually. ANet knows this which is why they are focusing more on their PvE side of the game. GW2 is the only mainstream MMO I know of that has a personal story system. GW2 is the only mainstream MMO that I know of that really haven no gear grind. GW2 is the only truly casual MMO on the market that has the least amount of competitive options.

Isn’t ANet working on the next power creep expansion atm anyways. That’s how they get paid to do what they do. PvPers nor WvWers help ANet keep the game a float most don’t ever care about cosmetics and stuff like that. However the PvEers and the RPers will throw hundreds if not thousands of USD at ANet just to look the way they want.

GW2 is a very very ah…. special MMO in it’s own way, because of it’s PvE content. Here I recommend you all looking at this GW2 fan reviewer’s video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEXgHOsRt8c&t=4s

Yes, i get your point, my last statement was kinda harsh “To say even more, without WvW alive GW2 is just one more MMO in the market.” But it’s just my opinion ATM.

“Not true actually. ANet knows this which is why they are focusing more on their PvE side of the game.”

I know, that’s why i’m having so much fun in the last years in this amazing dungeons that they’re are making, 10/10 really.

I play this game from day 1 or near it prob, of course i loved the PvE, it was special and amazing, but just to be clear, i loved the “core” not what it’s now, all maps was really good filled with story and secret places. I’m not going soo much into details because this is WvW forum, if i would complain how i think about the actual PvE state here it would take too much time in the wrong place, but i get you.

The matter is, for “me” and who loved WvW in the past, the only way to keep playing GW2 would be a better WvW, maybe like someone said “more polls to more changes”. But i’m not dellusional, i know Anet is putting all the efforts in the next xpac to recover their profit, and a better WvW could just be utopic right now, sadly.

My statement was not a lie as it was just IMO like all the posts here are. Opinions.
I know that PvE is more special to Anet and i think that anyone here can see it actually.

Now let’s think with reason for a moment, if you had done some research you would see that even being such “original” in some parts, still GW2 profits dropped really hard in the last months compared to most NCSoft games for N reasons, still not bad but… i’m not going to say names or graphics here because this would be unpolite from my part in GW2 forum, you can google it. While WvW is not Anet “golden eggs”, lose more ppls that actually spent money in the game is not really a good thing to do. There’s the part too that a lot of veteran players are bored without big changes and that was supposed to happen. I’ll still stick around and keep some hope for the future of this game if something else not catch my attention in the process, we never know what anet can bring us.

Artien Ni, Engineer
Naraku no Kitsune, Necromancer
Fort Aspenwood (GODS)

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Nahtei.8746

Nahtei.8746

I’m on HoD server, and after 10pm wvw dies pretty much for us. We get the “outnumbered” buff often and it’s frustrating when no one wants to tag up and form a squad. I’m the late night player cause i work during the day a lot, and seeing a nearly empty server is pretty sad.

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

I’m on HoD server, and after 10pm wvw dies pretty much for us. We get the “outnumbered” buff often and it’s frustrating when no one wants to tag up and form a squad. I’m the late night player cause i work during the day a lot, and seeing a nearly empty server is pretty sad.

Like me, you’ll get use to the 1v40 against the tier stacked server.

Dtox

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

it’s frustrating when no one wants to tag up and form a squad.

If US servers behave the same as EU servers, this is unfortunetly a player created issue. Having multiple tags is taboo (except for closed raids) so people expect the one tagging to instantly be the only zerg guardian commander with 50 followers or he sucks and should tag down. Hence people dont want to tag up.

North american servers

in WvW

Rambitshouse.8712

If US servers behave the same as EU servers, this is unfortunetly a player created issue. Having multiple tags is taboo (except for closed raids) so people expect the one tagging to instantly be the only zerg guardian commander with 50 followers or he sucks and should tag down. Hence people dont want to tag up.

I can agree with that. Seeing guys/gals tag up and trying to fight impossible odds, then get criticized deters future commanders.

Dtox

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

It’s time to kill all those useless PVE servers and merge them into new ’’names’’ and make them more crowded and hopefully wvw will be fixed and balanced that way.

How bout no.

How bout instead we get rid of the links, and let people go back to playing with the communities we once had built up, or what’s left of them.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Hubal.8571

Hubal.8571

I could be wrong.. but I honestly believe that the “beginning of the end” for WvW was the introduction of the Megaserver in PvE. Once we were unable to pop out to the cities and put out the call for help in WvW for our own server the crippling began.

My feeling exactly. The Megaserver destroyed the natural bond that existed between players of the same server. There was always a steady inflow of new people.
Currently even trying to recruit new players for WvW guild is hard as hell outside WvW, and the “newbies” come to WvW even less frequently.

And while the new people might have fun in PvE megaserver maps, they might get a nasty surprize when they login the WvW and find out they are on a poor server.

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Dead servers. Uneven matches. That’s when you make your own fun like naked raids and million minion march.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

My feeling exactly. The Megaserver destroyed the natural bond that existed between players of the same server. There was always a steady inflow of new people.
Currently even trying to recruit new players for WvW guild is hard as hell outside WvW, and the “newbies” come to WvW even less frequently.

And while the new people might have fun in PvE megaserver maps, they might get a nasty surprize when they login the WvW and find out they are on a poor server.

Very much this. It’s a pain to recruit now.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

North american servers

in WvW

Rambitshouse.8712

It’s time to kill all those useless PVE servers and merge them into new ’’names’’ and make them more crowded and hopefully wvw will be fixed and balanced that way.

How bout no.

How bout instead we get rid of the links, and let people go back to playing with the communities we once had built up, or what’s left of them.

Think the whole game has zero identity. PVE, wvw, pvp, etc.

Dtox

North american servers

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

I can agree with that. Seeing guys/gals tag up and trying to fight impossible odds, then get criticized deters future commanders.

The issue is that, these future new commanders tag up in EB around the time when there is biggest fights. (weekend covers more hours so i cant give exact time). They ought to start from leading small groups and get bigger. None of the new commanders are even capable of counting enemies and allies, deducing are we allowed(or do we need to) to build acs/siegebunker or not. Commanding requires lot of micromanagement with chat reading, squad management, teamspeak, fighting, playing around the enemy/own comp, siege placement etc at the same time., so the commander needs to learn to do at least some of the basic things before going to eternal battlegrounds to feed.

Warrior, scrapper, druid, mesmer, revenant etc are all viable commanderclasses when leading a small group sniping/fighting smallscale, but if you wanna go Eternal Battlegrounds and bash your head against acs, t3 towers and 40+ man instablobs, you need to play guardian (so people actually can, and have a reason to stick to your tag), know how to play guardian and at least some siegeplacement/squadmanagement.

People simply dont normally follow people who are waaaaaaaay worse than them, because its painful to lose all fights and never cap anything when you’re numbering 40 and enemy 25.

Becoming a popular commander in a way is like being a musician in real life, you wont have many followers at start and you have to start careful,. If you make super bad music at start, its gonna be impossible to get the people who heard that music, to listen to you again when you get better, unless you make an another account/swap servers (which equals to musician changing band names).

Starting commanding is very painful because you need to swap your playstyle completely when it goes to largerscale fights; You might not have a chance to do any damage yourself because commanderfocus, you will have to stand at front and dodge the wells when you reach around 800 range to enemy. I believe all commanders die like 50+ times to wellbombs before learning the perfect timing to evade when most enemy necros drop wells. Imagine that 50 times, its at least 20 times tagging up or so and before that you will just be a scrub dying on first push.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

(edited by Threather.9354)