Now that PvP will give you ascended gear...

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

If the game is any good subscriptions will work

No, it really wont. This has been the argument for every subscription game since WoW. CU with subscriptions is dead on arrival. I expect it to last maybe 6 months before imploding due to low population. I just looked up gameplay footage on youtube, yep, still nothing substantial (also, still womit inducing animations).

WoW still has a subscription model and makes tons of money with kitten from their store. So, CU will be able to force a subscription on players when the game is worth playing.
If you can’t afford 12,99 per month for a subscription, you shouldn’t play.

I can afford that amount per month easily. But I still won’t pony up any amount for the “privilege” of playing a Subscription game.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

The saddest part is, I’m pretty sure WvW’s population far outnumbers PvP. Yet anet acts like pvp is the biggest gamemode.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Why can’t we just buy ascended armor with tomes, badges, and heroics?

Is the risk…..making wvw attractive!?!?! UH OH

in WvW

Posted by: Aizza.4950

Aizza.4950

I want them to make your extra wxp rank points the currency. Most WvW players have hundreds, if not thousands of extra wxp rank points that are useless…

Guild Officer|Head Recruiter|Strait Outta Kryta [KRTA]
SBI NA Fight Guild|4 WvW Raids/week Mail me for info
Champion Illusionist|Champion Shadow|Champion Magus|Champion Paragon|Champion Genius

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I want them to make your extra wxp rank points the currency. Most WvW players have hundreds, if not thousands of extra wxp rank points that are useless…

That’s actually a good idea. That way they can keep their pve crowd crafters and wvwers happy.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

We do, and it should be available to use in other formats.

Someone here mentioned it, not sure who (sorry) but this is a quality of life/game issue. They said along the lines Tyria mastery and auto loot. Now, auto loot is open for me in WvW. I entered the Halloween boss farm place and automatically assumed my loot was in my bags. Much to my surprise it wasn’t and I left a lot of litter behind me. Yeah, stupid on my part but why on earth would you unlock it in one format of play yet lock it in another? Oh yeah, have to earn those mastery points.

But wait – some of us actually don’t like the personal stories or we used what points we had for other things. Prime example of a ignorant quality of game choice by the developers which force you to do something you don’t want to do. What happened then is the farm train is always ahead because they are all just tagging and moving and collecting loot while those who don’t have the proper master points spent lag.

Yeah – because we needed those mastery points to craft the next step of the legendary. Another RNG piece of poo. I’d wager 98% of the player base since head start have never seen a precursor drop. More so if they only play WvW.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I’d like to see legendary WvW armor/trinkets, which you can change stats at will, but one that only works in WvW.

If you did make it work in PvE I don’t know what would be worse.

The whining of the PvE players that think it’s “too hard to get”, " too much time to get", “why should I play WvW to get something for PvE” or…

All the PvE players flooding WvW to get their prize. Remember tournaments?

in WvW

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Gear doesn’t even matter anymore in blob vs blob.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I have the expansion

There’s only one way to get the elite specs, buy the expansion

Round and round we go because you respond before reading.

You can already level in pvp with tomes of knowledge, your character doesn’t have to be level 2 for 3 years. Elites you already get unlocked in spvp, the other game modes have to earn the hero points to even unlock them. Already getting levels and now gear handed to you, you want to unlock everything for a character in the game mode which doesn’t need none of it? Why not ask for mastery points too.

You missed the point…. But without knowing it you actually agreed with me to a certain extent.

Just to help you out, I’m trying to suggest or hope they allow Elite spec unlocks in PvP now that they have decided to hand us gear. You eat a steak with a Knife and Fork, not just a fork.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

You missed the point…. But without knowing it you actually agreed with me to a certain extent.

Just to help you out, I’m trying to suggest or hope they allow Elite spec unlocks in PvP now that they have decided to hand us gear. You eat a steak with a Knife and Fork, not just a fork.

Just to help you out, there’s two unlocks when it comes to elite specs, you unlock them for your account when you buy the expansion, you unlock them in game when you earn enough hero points. What you want is to earn “hero points” in spvp to unlock the specs for the game. I don’t know you, I don’t know if you have HoT or not, and I’m not a mind reader, nor do I know if you’re a free to play account player asking for elite specs to be given by playing spvp.

Your wording makes a difference for what you are asking for.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

PVP gets asc gear… is this a joke?
They dont even use those. x.x

in WvW

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

The whole WvW community should start sending support tickets to Anet, maybe that will wake them up that we still exist.

I will start today.

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

PVP gets asc gear… is this a joke?
They dont even use those. x.x

Most players in PvP don’t just PvP they do other game modes as well. Sorry that PvP Devs are communicating more than the WvW ones. WvW should and hopefully will get ascended purchasable as well with this patch. But I would ask McKenna for info there is no reason to be completely silent a week before the patch

in WvW

kins.3294

Start Emailing support to request this for WvW

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Back to my original post: I hope this means we can unlock elites in PvP. I’m sorry if you have an issue with that Xenesis.

Spvp players already get their elite specs for free in their primary game mode. The other two sets of players, pve and wvw, have to work on unlocking them for their primary game mode. So I disagree with unlocking it for use in the rest of the world through spvp, if you want it in those game modes, go play those game modes, the same for mastery.

Back to the original topic, it’s pretty terrible to allow spvp players to buy whatever ascended weapon or armor for other game modes, exotics weapons and armor with ascended trinkets would have been fine as base line.

Pve requires you to raid (the top pve mode which not every pve player even likes) to buy ascended or get randoms in fractals or craft it, wvw requires you to craft it (expensive) or play innumerable amount of hours to get lucky with random drops for random ascended with random stats, which most times end up being a ring with bad stats.

Both those modes require ascended for peak stats in their game modes, and yet purchasable ascended weapons and armor was kept out of their reach for so long until raids. I know this was a move to attract pve and wvw players into spvp, I wouldn’t be surprised if they attracted more afk bots instead. Now primary wvw players have to raid or do spvp to buy their ascended.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

Back to my original post: I hope this means we can unlock elites in PvP. I’m sorry if you have an issue with that Xenesis.

Spvp players already get their elite specs for free in their primary game mode. The other two sets of players, pve and wvw, have to work on unlocking them for their primary game mode. So I disagree with unlocking it for use in the rest of the world through spvp, if you want it in those game modes, go play those game modes, the same for mastery.

Back to the original topic, it’s pretty terrible to allow spvp players to buy whatever ascended weapon or armor for other game modes, exotics weapons and armor with ascended trinkets would have been fine as base line.

Pve requires you to raid (the top pve mode which not every pve player even likes) to buy ascended or get randoms in fractals or craft it, wvw requires you to craft it (expensive) or play innumerable amount of hours to get lucky with random drops for random ascended with random stats, which most times end up being a ring with bad stats.

Both those modes require ascended for peak stats in their game modes, and yet purchasable ascended weapons and armor was kept out of their reach for so long until raids. I know this was a move to attract pve and wvw players into spvp, I wouldn’t be surprised if they attracted more afk bots instead. Now primary wvw players have to raid or do spvp to buy their ascended.

I don’t think that word (requires) means what you think it means.

you aren’t required to raid to get Ascended for purchase you can do Fractals as well no RNG needed….. again you aren’t required to have peak stats in those game modes they just make it easier for more room for error, i.e. Raid bosses being killed by groups with all green gear… learn your facts before posting.

And again hopefully they add purchasable ascended to WvW it needs it so people can have goals to work towards in their gamemode.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Gear doesn’t even matter anymore in blob vs blob.

So you’re telling me an unorganised pug blob with blue gear will be able to withstand an organised blob in full ascended w/max stat infusions?

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

you aren’t required to raid to get Ascended for purchase you can do Fractals as well no RNG needed….. again you aren’t required to have peak stats in those game modes they just make it easier for more room for error, i.e. Raid bosses being killed by groups with all green gear… learn your facts before posting.

And again hopefully they add purchasable ascended to WvW it needs it so people can have goals to work towards in their gamemode.

I said it’s “required for peak stats” not that it’s just required in general, is there something else that gives you peak stats in the game?

Is it required to do any parts of the game? no, but obviously every player in some way will strive for the best gear to get the best results because in the end it does make a difference however minuscule it might look to you.

Players who do raids in greens do it to increase the challenge for themselves, doesn’t mean every joe jane and harry are going in there in greens. Why do you think there are groups out there that require you to have certain levels of gear to join a group? Because they want a smooth run and having the best gear helps, as you stated, makes it easier for more room of error.

Wvw should have gotten purchasable ascended before spvp, or at least the same time they are introducing this. But again not shocking, and they need something to promote spvp.

P.S you sure as hell ain’t doing wvw in greens or you will get demolished.

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

I said it’s “required for peak stats” not that it’s just required in general, is there something else that gives you peak stats in the game?

Is it required to do any parts of the game? no, but obviously every player in some way will strive for the best gear to get the best results because in the end it does make a difference however minuscule it might look to you.

Players who do raids in greens do it to increase the challenge for themselves, doesn’t mean every joe jane and harry are going in there in greens. Why do you think there are groups out there that require you to have certain levels of gear to join a group? Because they want a smooth run and having the best gear helps, as you stated, makes it easier for more room of error.

Wvw should have gotten purchasable ascended before spvp, or at least the same time they are introducing this. But again not shocking, and they need something to promote spvp.

P.S you sure as hell ain’t doing wvw in greens or you will get demolished.

I called you out on your blatant use of require, i.e. You saying and I quote “Pve requires you to raid to buy ascended” (removed the unnecessary parenthesis)which is not the case you can purchase in fractals.

And people are calling foul for a PvP Dev answering the PvP community’s question of what pertains to season 5 and PvP only, these aren’t the full patch notes, maybe you should press McKenna for more information regarding WvW this patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I do pvp during season and started wvw back up offseason so im very happy i can get ascended in pvp. I do agree that drop rates should be higher in wvw

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

Ascended is already available, has a RNG drop, in WvW.

All things considered and/or being / not being equal, it only becomes a problem if “your” primary play is WvW. Which for some it is, myself included. In that line of play your odds of acquiring ascended, either by drop or by craft, is going to be on the slow boat across the Pacific compared to say someone who raids, does dungeons, or PvE. And now sPvP. Daily or seasonal players will again have a faster happy path.

Stats in WvW do matter in small groups, scouting, or solo roaming. In larger scale a player can mix in and make do being naked (i.e. carried). Then there is the fact blobs can abuse traits, sigils, food, conditions, and a host of other things that most of us agree are game breakers.

If there is a patch next week my guess is Druids will be on the receiving end of nerfs.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

PvE crowd won this game once ascended was even introduced. Camelot Unchained can’t come soon enough.

Kind of like how Blade and Soul couldn’t come soon enough? Or Black Desert? Or Wildstar? Or ESO?

I dunno. The core of our guild is playing ESO and there’s fun to be had. Like 2 members still play GW2 occasionally.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Stats in WvW do matter in small groups, scouting, or solo roaming. In larger scale a player can mix in and make do being naked (i.e. carried). Then there is the fact blobs can abuse traits, sigils, food, conditions, and a host of other things that most of us agree are game breakers.

Literally everybody who plays WvW at some point plays vs small numbers of enemies. thus stats will matter to everybody who plays WvW.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

Literally everybody who plays WvW at some point plays vs small numbers of enemies. thus stats will matter to everybody who plays WvW.

Well, I’m not going to mince words but I do see your point. I don’t know which side of the scale is more common (large blob vs. havoc / roaming). I can only speak for my play style and stats do help.

But then again it is of my opinion that even if in a uneven fight skill will always trump stats. Better players are just that. Better. They know animations, they adapt, etc.

#MakeWvWGreatAgain

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

I called you out on your blatant use of require, i.e. You saying and I quote “Pve requires you to raid to buy ascended” (removed the unnecessary parenthesis)which is not the case you can purchase in fractals.

And people are calling foul for a PvP Dev answering the PvP community’s question of what pertains to season 5 and PvP only, these aren’t the full patch notes, maybe you should press McKenna for more information regarding WvW this patch.

You’re right my bad you can buy them in fractals too, haven’t given two figs about fractals since before the expansion.

So my sentence would change to “Pve requires you to raid or do fractals to buy ascended”. If you want to snipe my post and call me out me out for “misuse on required”, so be it.

Bottom line for me on this discussion, spvp should not have gotten purchasable ascended gear before wvw.

in WvW

kins.3294

Email support that we want Ascended armor and weapons in WvW with WvW currency

in WvW

kins.3294

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

This will achieve literally nothing except getting you banned from the boards.

Support has absolutely zero influence in what happens with development unless it’s bug fixes. It’s like insulting the cashier that your product was defective while refusing to return or exchange it; it’s not their fault, and not much they can do about it, so there’s no reason to be ruining their day.

Source: I worked in MMO support.

in WvW

Posted by: GundamSentinel.6470

GundamSentinel.6470

This will achieve literally nothing except getting you banned from the boards.

Support has absolutely zero influence in what happens with development unless it’s bug fixes. It’s like insulting the cashier that your product was defective while refusing to return or exchange it; it’s not their fault, and not much they can do about it, so there’s no reason to be ruining their day.

Source: I worked in MMO support.

I dunno, ruffle a cashier long enough, they might go to complain to their boss. Besides, I need somewhere to vent my impotent rage.

The time that I thought Anet’s attitude towards WvW was some form of benign neglect was years ago. I’m not sure if I’m opposed to ruining the day of anyone who represents that trend in any way. I’ve had plently of mine ruined by their consistently abysmal patches.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Well even if they did implement it somehow in wvw, they’d just put a massive currency wall in front of it and junk up our inventory with more useless items.

Exotics ftw.

in WvW

Posted by: Kappell.1923

Kappell.1923

It is so ridiculous that I only played WvW for over 1 year, and only had 2 pieces of armor ascended, yesterday I made the 10 initial matches of PvP and already bought 1 piece ascended.

in WvW

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Wow the pvp ascended is so kitten easy to get. A few hours and ive got 4 pieces already.

in WvW

Posted by: Kappell.1923

Kappell.1923

Craft only serves to make you legendary now.

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Maybe this is a direct attempt to push WvW players into Spvp.

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

They need to do something on giving us access to ascended. Pve has fractals, raids, and achievements to give them ascended. Not to mention the basic way of farming and making it yourself and a low drop rate to receive ascended. Pvp now gets access to ascended which they do not even need you could play naked and it dosnt matter just your amulet and rune. All wvw gets is a drop rate you can’t even gold farm to make the ascended you have to go to pve to do that. WvW needs so much love they could make it a reward track and just make it extremely long to complete or use our currency. Another thing I wish they would add is a legendary backpack both pve and pvp has one. Yet wvw doesn’t I’m not sure why wvw has been ignored so much but it’s getting dissapointing.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Wow the pvp ascended is so kitten easy to get. A few hours and ive got 4 pieces already.

And better still, the more you play PvP and not WvW, the more they can ignore WvW and develop PvP!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Good luck with that anet if that’s their plan.

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

I think they put it in spvp to make the game mode more attractive to pve and wvw players to join in. Even if those players end up being casual about it, it still adds players to the mode and could lower queue times. Will certainly make it easier for main spvp players to jump to either of the other two game modes, and they get to farm it in the game mode they love to play.

Also what else is there to reward spvp players at this point, they have their legendary backpiece, and this game doesn’t have much else in prestigious gear other other than legendary gear which will obvious stay in pve, or new skins which anet reserves for outfits and bl weapons, so ascended is the next best thing to offer. I would have given out exotics like you know dungeons and wvw merchants have, but whatever.

Wvw certainly benefits more in having purchasable ascended gear, and it’s pretty ridiculous that it didn’t get that implemented before spvp, but wvw is in maintenance mode for anet at this point.

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

They did make it so you can only buy partial Ascended sets per season, so they can’t even farm massive amounts of Ascended they only get 1200 Currency per season, while the full set of armor is 1300 not to include weapons and trinkets.

They should have implemented a vendor for WvW as well hopefully they are trying to do that but it may take longer to balance out the acquisition rate.

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Maybe this is a try to shove even more WvW players away from the game.

PS: it’s working btw.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’ve only played this season in pvp for a couple hours and have 2 pieces of ascended gear already. Why, just why? I mean, I’m happy i can gear up all my characters now and don’t have to suffer through pve to do it, but why can’t I play wvw instead, and get ascended gear playing the game mode I enjoy most?

Pve and Pvp to me is basically a chore I have to do before I get to enjoy WvW. That’s basically how it feels to me. And it shouldn’t be that way, that’s just bad game design. What happened to “play how you want”? Why cant I play WvW and get loot too? Ya know where getting ascended gear would actually make sense, since stats dont matter in pvp, but do in WvW.

Legendary back for pve and pvp. Legendary armor for pve, and now ascended gear for pvp. Wvw gets?? Nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

took me a month grind and a week crafting to get my first ascended. and i had to waste 80-100 gold just on uping crafting skill to 500. now you can get it within 3 hours (and have more gold than you started with too) of play.

I dont mide it being eaiser but gw2 is 3 different games; pvp, wvw and pve if, you do one thing you need to do it for the other 2, now i know people who play wvw will be playing pvp only to farm gear (even i am)

thanks for killing wvw even more.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

already made 7 ascended armor parts from pvp
Cool game mode, even if i suck at it
wvw 15k hours and i didn’t dropped 7 boxes

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I primarily play solo/small groups and stats definitely feel like they make a difference to me.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

I’ve gotten more ascended drops in WvW than anywhere else in the game. Rings come from ranking up, weapon and armor boxes from reward tracks. The Heart of Maguuma track gives me an ascended box every two weeks.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

PvE crowd won this game once ascended was even introduced. Camelot Unchained can’t come soon enough.

Kind of like how Blade and Soul couldn’t come soon enough? Or Black Desert? Or Wildstar? Or ESO?

MMO specialist, DocGotGame is recommending Archeage’s new 3.0 fresh start for PvP, though it’s not WvW/RvR.
… but all WvW fans are watching Crowfall and Camelot Unchained.

I’m amazed how poorly WvW has been treated, considering that it’s easily the best aspect of GW2. What will GW2 be remembered for? Raids? Fracdulls? Living Story? I think not. It’ll be remembered (fondly, despite Anet’s neglect and our disappointment) for WvW.

I feel like I just typed an obituary.

doc is a hypocrit guy.
first of all he never played a proper PvP game, second of all he always runs with amazing zergs third he always said wow was theme park world mmo and now hes playing it like a carebear.

maybe im wrong but a PvP “player” to me means ur capable of doing it all and not just running around with a zerg smashing, havent seen him ever going around solo or with small gank squad.

in WvW

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Other than archeage all those games are soon to be dead jokes.