On behalf of Tarnished Coast I'd like to apologize to Crystal Desert in Dragonbrand Borderlands

On behalf of Tarnished Coast I'd like to apologize to Crystal Desert in Dragonbrand Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Wraith.9825

Wraith.9825

Apparently someone on Tarnished Coast just hacked and grabbed your orb in the Dragonbrand Borderlands. We’re contacting GM’s to see if we can get it back to you through their assistance, if no luck we’ll figure out if we’re able to get folks to let you into the keep.

Everyone was really upset in our map chat when we realized what happened. It’s not fair.

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I agree, Tarnished Coast does not represent this at all. We would rather lose with style and heroism… then this.

in WvW

Posted by: Kracin.6078

Kracin.6078

problem with all this chivalry is when hackers start to do this from the opposing teams side, in an attempt to get their rival server to stand down and give an advantage to their own.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

This also happened on SoS. We brought the orb back as well.

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Yes, take advantage of the good guys. Whatever. I’d rather let them win at this point then… let Anet work with a broken ladder system as all the chivilaric players continue to stand down until they are in the “non-cheating” bracket. However, with reports of BP hacking Kaineg’s orb… well, not sure such a bracket will ever occur. Instead, they’ll just have a broken ladder system.

Either way, even as a competitive commander on Tarnished Coast, I would instruct my guys to stand down and let the orb be taken then benefit from this bullkitten. Score or no score, we can go back to fighting fairly without the kitten thing.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

You know you can just bring the orb back….

but yeah this hacking is getting out of hand

in WvW

Posted by: Kelo.4370

Kelo.4370

On behalf of a good portion of Crystal Desert, we don’t hold any ill will towards TC and really yesterday and Friday most of us were most excited to be fighting TC as they seemed a lot more fun than Dragonbrand.

The orb has been stolen in both TC border and DB border. I personally went to CD Border and watched our final orb. The hacker did show up it was a Asura thief and they appeared for about 1 second before vanishing again I was too slow to hit the screenshot button. Luckily me and a few others from my guild were raining 3 arrow carts onto the Garrison’s Orb alter and the hacker was unable to take it. Though I am sure they will try again after this forced WvW reset.

in WvW

Posted by: spellchekc.5409

spellchekc.5409

Thanks guys, I was just grumbling in guild after this happened about how destructive hacking is for WvW (renders rankings and participation meaningless). It’s good to see that there are players who are actually interested in participating in the game the way that the developers have envisioned as fair.

in WvW

Posted by: mifbifgiggle.6713

mifbifgiggle.6713

Thanks for this. Glad to see that the entire server isn’t in on it, and were actually highly opposed to it. You guys were doing fine (at least in the eb) without any orbs, though, so now I’m kinda scared ._.

Mr Flintlock, lvl 80 Engineer
Jade Quarry Crusader
rock the elixirs.

in WvW

Posted by: Attua.5302

Attua.5302

On behalf of Crystal Desert I regrettably have to inform you that we DO NOT accept your apology and we believe this is representative of the general conduct of your server. As such, we will be focusing efforts to totally demoralize and make this weeks WvWvW experience for your server as “un-fun” as we possibly can using all legitamate ingame tactics such as “spawn-camping”, “ganking” and the such.

-With due concern.
Attua, Champion Commander, Crystal Desert.

(edited by Attua.5302)

in WvW

Posted by: Sisho.5431

Sisho.5431

I sincerely hope the above post is a joke or troll post, otherwise I don’t know who Attua is speaking for. The Synergy Alliance understands that it happens, and we know that most generally it is not something coordinated by the server, but instead by an individual or more that just have no respect for real gaming. Your apology is accepted, we’ll just have to get the orbs back sometime tonight. Good luck hanging on to them!

Level 80 Elementalist/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer
Leader and founder of [BIO] on Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: majik.2035

majik.2035

Yah, I just heard about this. not happy. Well, look for us on the battlefield. we will still fight because everyone likes a good fight, no reason to let the hackers win, i for one will be disregarding the score. I just want some good battles. Look for the fireworks team. Lets have some fun.

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Bring it on. Attua. I’m not going to give you a phony apology after your post. The fact is, TC is not a server full of cheaters and most of us don’t give a kitten if we win or lose. On the other hand, your silly generalization is completely understood as we were on the same side as you last week. I’m guessing its the same hacker that was on GoM last week. Personally, I welcome the challenge you offer. Just remember when your server has this happen to them totally out of their control that you shouldn’t even show your face here again.

EDIT: To the rest of CD, and DB, my profound apologies that this happened. We will take the brunt of your anger and drive for justice this week, but remember well when this happens to you.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

(edited by sceptus.9415)

in WvW

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

I think Attua just forgot to put /sarcasm at the end.

in WvW

Posted by: DeFrOn.8607

DeFrOn.8607

ignore that Attua kitten probably some noob on CD which i dont even seem him at all.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

very pathetic indeed when a player has to resort to cheating to win… where’s the satisfaction in that ? might as well don’t play, and declare yourself a winner in front of a mirror….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: mifbifgiggle.6713

mifbifgiggle.6713

so we uh… got one back.

Mr Flintlock, lvl 80 Engineer
Jade Quarry Crusader
rock the elixirs.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

This is disheartening. I think this is the first time this has happened on the part of TC. Do we know who did this and if they were in a guild? I’m sure some people have information but I’d like to know about it, if I can. If only to know to look out for them if ANet somehow sits on this.

I’m also sorry about this. I’ve been away all day and I’d rather come back to see TC with zero points than hear this.

EDIT: Do you have them all back? If not, which? We’ll try to figure this out and set things right.

(edited by Sharpclaw.7510)

in WvW

Posted by: Deathcarlyle.6075

Deathcarlyle.6075

kitten happens. Anyone who really blames a server for this is just trying to hate. Till Anet has a solution to it it will happen more. And im sure every server has had the few dishonest players

in WvW

Sharpclaw.7510

So, just logged in CD has two orb and we have one. Is that one that was taken? I’m really bummed about this and want to make sure things are right.

in WvW

Posted by: Deathcarlyle.6075

Deathcarlyle.6075

Actually he took two we got one back by force. But dont let it get to ya just put up a good fight and we all should be happy

in WvW

Posted by: Lymain.6723

Lymain.6723

Gah, didn’t know about this and thought we were just doing better. That’s a shame. I’d support giving back the other orb ASAP, but I haven’t been playing in the borderland where we own it.

[AS] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

First time I’ve heard of a hacker on our server. They will be stamped out though as soon as possible, we don’t stand for that.

in WvW

Posted by: Felidire.2861

Felidire.2861

That actually happened? Huh, well that’s pretty lame… If it happens again, then just give the orb back or let them take the keep. (Not like we can stop them with our lousy numbers, but still, we can make their job unnoticably easier.) xD

Attua.5302

On behalf of Crystal Desert I regrettably have to inform you that we DO NOT accept your apology and we believe this is representative of the general conduct of your server. As such, we will be focusing efforts to totally demoralize and make this weeks WvWvW experience for your server as “un-fun” as we possibly can using all legitamate ingame tactics such as “spawn-camping”, “ganking” and the such.

-With due concern.
Attua, Champion Commander, Crystal Desert.

Hahaha, I love your server. <3

CriSPeH.8512

ignore that Attua kitten probably some noob on CD which i dont even seem him at all.

Probably some DB guy stirring kitten between the two opposing servers.

At least he managed to make me laugh~

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I was excited we had gotten the orb ourselves, I’m a little disappointed now. Sorry and I hope this doesn’t happen again.

in WvW

Posted by: Clairvoyance.1504

Clairvoyance.1504

Gah, didn’t know about this and thought we were just doing better. That’s a shame. I’d support giving back the other orb ASAP, but I haven’t been playing in the borderland where we own it.

yep totally agree! hope ANet do something about it real fast:(

Crystal Desert
IGN: Exaelor, Guardian.
Guild: Einsof [EsF]

in WvW

Posted by: Ambrosiaa.6054

Ambrosiaa.6054

Thanks for this TC, you guys are much better sports than DB.

in WvW

Posted by: Sixpax.8360

Sixpax.8360

As a CD player I was pretty miffed when this happened, but I’m glad to hear it wasn’t condoned by the TC players as a whole. Much respect to TC for posting an apology.

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Bad that it happened, but I did have a lot of fun taking the orb back on Dragonbrand border. Even if I couldn’t see half the people I was fighting. So strange being downed and then seeing a finishing move spike hit me with nobody around.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Posted by: ravic.3742

ravic.3742

Don’t worry, we stole the orb back for DB so everyone has an orb now. And yes, we had to guard our pedestal while a CD teleport hacker kept trying to fly in and steal the orb. He eventually just logged off after about 20 minutes of dying repeatedly.

Khaej – 80 Norn Engineer
Ouroboros Protocol [OP] – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Hacking the orb is one thing, smashing the altar so you don’t have any other spot to place it is another thing. This is really getting out of hands.

in WvW

Posted by: Lohengrin.3284

Lohengrin.3284

Bad that it happened, but I did have a lot of fun taking the orb back on Dragonbrand border. Even if I couldn’t see half the people I was fighting. So strange being downed and then seeing a finishing move spike hit me with nobody around.

It’s nice to see that I’m not the only one. Many times during that fight, I would only see 3-4 people and charge in daggers flashing … only to see about 30 or more rendered a few seconds later. They were probably shocked – or bemused – to see me attack their entire horde solo. Sometimes I made it back into the keep before dying, other times I was turned to paste in a matter of seconds. I think we defended that keep from invaders on both sides for almost a full hour before it finally fell … fun times, circumstances notwithstanding …

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

It’s nice to see that I’m not the only one. Many times during that fight, I would only see 3-4 people and charge in daggers flashing … only to see about 30 or more rendered a few seconds later. They were probably shocked – or bemused – to see me attack their entire horde solo. Sometimes I made it back into the keep before dying, other times I was turned to paste in a matter of seconds. I think we defended that keep from invaders on both sides for almost a full hour before it finally fell … fun times, circumstances notwithstanding …

Right. I lose track of time in WvW so not sure how long it was, but we (CD) were hitting the south inner door at the same time DB was hitting the north. We would have left DB alone and just concentrated on the door but they came down and attacked so we pushed back, where we noticed that their door was further down than ours. We made a half-hearted attempt to take over that door, but DB kept streaming in and it looked like you were repairing it, so we fell back to the south door again.

I think we got in just before DB, one of us did get the orb but they died and we lost track of it and it reset back to the north of the map. That’s where the “invisible” problem really started to become apparent. So many players in the same place.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Posted by: Xyrm.5602

Xyrm.5602

Honestly I’m more dissapointed by the apparent “Alliance” between DB and TC. I’ve seen a few cases where a cluster of you guys would each attack a CD castle or keep together, on different walls, well within sight of each other, without fighting. I’m not saying ALWAYS fight amongst yourselves, but I’ve seen this happen MULTIPLE times this weekend.

Additionally, I’ve even seen smaller clusters (20-30) people of both servers sitting in an alcove at garrison together after CD breaks down a wall, turtling, and shooting OUT at CD, without targeting each other.

My Stealthy Thief:

http://tinyurl.com/adjw3ww

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

“Within sight of each other” is meaningless, since due to culling (and particularly after last night’s patch fiasco), what you think we can see and what we can actually see are two vastly different things.

in WvW

Sharpclaw.7510

Yeah, Xyrm….you realize everyone is assuming that each group has some sort of pact. And it’s all crap. DB will attack a keep when TC’s done the work, poaching the capture. CD will ignore a TC group wiping out DB siege points. People pick and choose their targets in the moment.

Everyone’s been pointing fingers. It’s what people do. And I’ve yet to see a point where it’s been actual.

in WvW

Posted by: Jois.4827

Jois.4827

Sorry TC i really wanna forgive you but sadly it happen again.. Enjoy the ORB while it last. We’ll still gonna take it back again.

in WvW

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

@Jois, We don’t control hackers. I wish we did, I’d put them all in the jumping puzzle just to give Dragonbrand’s 20-man camper squad a taste of it’s own medicine.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

TC doesn’t need orbs to kick butt. Orbs are a crutch.

in WvW

Posted by: ravic.3742

ravic.3742

@Jois, We don’t control hackers. I wish we did, I’d put them all in the jumping puzzle just to give Dragonbrand’s 20-man camper squad a taste of it’s own medicine.

But you guys do like to hold onto stolen orbs with both hands and enjoy the benefits.

P.S. You guys did have a teleport hacker port a siege golem above the beast pit a couple of days ago. It was pretty funny how he couldn’t do any damage to use even while teleporting.

Khaej – 80 Norn Engineer
Ouroboros Protocol [OP] – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

I am no programmer, but would it be hard for Arenanet to write something like:
“if player traveled (impossible distance here) with no waypoint or mesmer portal, ban”