in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Fixing the forum bug.

Please Open Blackgate Server

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

What? I don’t know the reasons why Devs choose to move people despite the link. I just stated the facts and I know this to be true because I have Arenanet staff in my guild and I have met individuals with these abilities.

Hel also has devs in Guild, moving a off hour Guild into a already stacked server, seems someone paid more than cookies.

No one moved Hel. A singular person is not moving a guild regardless if Hel has Devs or not.

A popular off hours commander is moved on to a locked very stacked server. This is not someone that has waited eons to join his guild, there is plenty that would like to know the reason why this case was different than all other requests we read about for people to join friends.

Yeah its questionable. ArenaNet will never tell you why. They’ve also been doing this since the dawn of time. They’ve moved people to locked servers for reasons unknown many many many times over even during a season tournament. They will not tell you why because they simply don’t want the community to take advantage I’m sure.

Again, if this is true, there should be some explanation.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

What? I don’t know the reasons why Devs choose to move people despite the link. I just stated the facts and I know this to be true because I have Arenanet staff in my guild and I have met individuals with these abilities.

Hel also has devs in Guild, moving a off hour Guild into a already stacked server, seems someone paid more than cookies.

No one moved Hel. A singular person is not moving a guild regardless if Hel has Devs or not.

A popular off hours commander is moved on to a locked very stacked server. This is not someone that has waited eons to join his guild, there is plenty that would like to know the reason why this case was different than all other requests we read about for people to join friends.

Yeah its questionable. ArenaNet will never tell you why. They’ve also been doing this since the dawn of time. They’ve moved people to locked servers for reasons unknown many many many times over even during a season tournament. They will not tell you why because they simply don’t want the community to take advantage I’m sure.

It is true whether you believe it or not it’s been happening since the games launch.
Someone famous for doing it is Heurix who is a shoutcaster for SPvP tournaments.
There are a few individuals in my guild whose gotten Arena Net to move them despite the lock and I remember one specific case where Arena Net swapped someones alt account with their main on a locked server.

I don’t think the community should be worried about Arena Net moving individuals for certain reasons. They aren’t moving entire guilds this way.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Just forget it… You’ll die of old age before receiving it.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Not necessarily. In this current climate, transparency is important … And newsworthy.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Not necessarily. In this current climate, transparency is important … And newsworthy.

To add, that certain player mentioned before is a fine commander and tags up quite often. That server gained a valuable player/asset and anet should explain why special treatment was given if it indeed happened.

Now if it was just a solo roamer, why would anyone care?

Seems fishy.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

It is true whether you believe it or not it’s been happening since the games launch.
Someone famous for doing it is Heurix who is a shoutcaster for SPvP tournaments.
There are a few individuals in my guild whose gotten Arena Net to move them despite the lock and I remember one specific case where Arena Net swapped someones alt account with their main on a locked server.

I don’t think the community should be worried about Arena Net moving individuals for certain reasons. They aren’t moving entire guilds this way.

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

This not just some solo person being reunited with his Guild.

If a server is locked, then there is a reason, in this case everyone knows that no one can compete with BG. As part of the community Im worried, because it seems to be selectively moving people, so what anet are saying is, we locked BG because we are only going to allow certain people to join? Could this have happened without a devs imput if not then in this case can it not be classed as nepotism or manipulation?

To add, that certain player mentioned before is a fine commander and tags up quite often. That server gained a valuable player/asset and anet should explain why special treatment was given if it indeed happened.

Indeed.

(edited by Princess.7584)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Yawn, I think you people care too much about little things…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

This not just some solo person being reunited with his Guild.

If a server is locked, then there is a reason, in this case everyone knows that no one can compete with BG. As part of the community Im worried, because it seems to be selectively moving people, so what anet are saying is, we locked BG because we are only going to allow certain people to join? Could this have happened without a devs imput if not then in this case can it not be classed as nepotism or manipulation?

Indeed.

I can’t really discredit what you’re saying and I can’t speak for Arena Net as to why they do this. I find it strange that a leader would leave his guild behind and go to another server with Arena nets help. but I still don’t think the act of doing so is problematic. What is problematic is the perception of it happening in regards to the communities outlook on it. If I were Arena Net I would deliver more transparency on the issue to dissolve any perception.

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

He’s not just an individual, he’s a popular off hours commander. That can have a huge influence.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

He’s not just an individual, he’s a popular off hours commander. That can have a huge influence.

Arena Net has no way of measuring Influence, if they did then they might have figured a better way to balance the communities. You can’t expect them to know the kind of weight that is pulled by Green Arrow. The same way Arena Net will never be able to gauge the weight of TW transferring. Just like no one was able to gauge the influence of a mass transfer of a newly created alliance. Remember Arena Net had to lock Yaks Bend to stop it, the same way they locked TC for getting FUG and the same way they locked JQ for getting TW.

Its individuals to them and influences aren’t taken into great consideration.

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Princess.7584

Arena Net has no way of measuring Influence, if they did then they might have figured a better way to balance the communities.
[Snip]

Time to learn, do not meddle if you can not see the consequences to your actions.
Makes you wonder how many more have been filtered in to BG in the last 3months, just this time the mistake was, it was someone known to the community.

It could be seen that BG has not been really closed but Anet has been selectively recruiting to stop a bandwagon forming queues? Moving people into a locked server is underhanded no matter how much someone can say its supported.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Arena Net has no way of measuring Influence, if they did then they might have figured a better way to balance the communities.
[Snip]

Time to learn, do not meddle if you can not see the consequences to your actions.
Makes you wonder how many more have been filtered in to BG in the last 3months, just this time the mistake was, it was someone known to the community.

It could be seen that BG has not been really closed but Anet has been selectively recruiting to stop a bandwagon forming queues? Moving people into a locked server is underhanded no matter how much someone can say its supported.

Just another reason not to trust anet. Lack of transparency continues.

in WvW

Posted by: jason.9548

jason.9548

God bless lord zudo. Welcome helioz to bg. Devs can abuse their power but good thing devs in kazo aren’t corrupt, just honest people.We going to turn it up during eu when we get matched up with bg and spawn camp them.

in WvW

Posted by: Green Arrow.5689

Green Arrow.5689

Sometimes all you have to do is say……..

Please and thank you

Green Arrow -The United Nations of HEL
http://helioz.enjin.com

(edited by Green Arrow.5689)

in WvW

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

Lol the conspiracy theories in here are popcorn worthy

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Please and thank you

LMAOO….. 10/10

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

What’s “ajust”? This is the 2nd time I’ve seen this word in the topic of a post in the last few days.-

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Please and thank you

Always the gentleman. I very much look forward to running with you again.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Princess.7584

Please and thank you

I will be pleased to send that information to the people that needed to be with friends, I am sure they will be met with the same response. Would not want to think there was double standards, after all it seems full does not actually mean full.

Just remember, sometimes what sounds like a Gentleman is really a wolf in Sheep clothing.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I demand explanation! Swapping alt is reasonable but putting individuals in, bypassing the limit is not reasonable!

Paging for Gaile Gray!

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

I demand explanation! Swapping alt is reasonable but putting individuals in, bypassing the limit is not reasonable!

Paging for Gaile Gray!

How do you know he didn’t have an alt he swapped? And why would he owe you or anyone an explanation if he did? It’s way funnier watching you guys lose your marbles over this anyway.

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Paging for Gaile Gray!

How do you know he didn’t have an alt he swapped? And why would he owe you or anyone an explanation if he did? It’s way funnier watching you guys lose your marbles over this anyway.

It’s unethical. It indicates that one person or group are given privileges that others, who paid the same amount for the game, are not afforded.

That is a slippery slope for any corporation. It erodes trust.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

This does not affect me so I give no kittens about it… Besides, it’s not like it gonna change anything.
But you people can keep aguing about it like if somenthing gonna happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

why so many people afraid BG and JQ Server open ??

o.o?
can anyone tell me why ?

BG already close 3 months…..

it’s the Close-door diplomatic policy

winnie@BlackGate

in WvW

morrolan.9608

o.o?
can anyone tell me why ?

Well I do personally know of guilds that intend to transfer to BG if it opens.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

o.o?
can anyone tell me why ?

What does it matter if it’s closed or open? anet will transfer anyone to a full server it seems. corrupt as it gets. Colin Johnson made the right move

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Green Arrow.5689

Green Arrow.5689

Please and thank you

I will be pleased to send that information to the people that needed to be with friends, I am sure they will be met with the same response. Would not want to think there was double standards, after all it seems full does not actually mean full.

Just remember, sometimes what sounds like a Gentleman is really a wolf in Sheep clothing.

Watching you all get your knickers in a twist is funny. Can’t I just enjoy my retirement in peace

Green Arrow -The United Nations of HEL
http://helioz.enjin.com

(edited by Green Arrow.5689)

in WvW

X T D.6458

Please and thank you

Watching you all get your knickers in a twist is funny. Can’t I just enjoy my retirement in peace

GW is serious business, have you forgotten?

in WvW

X T D.6458

o.o?
can anyone tell me why ?

Too much kool-aid buddy, just too much kool aid.

I mean why would anyone want to transfer to a strong stable server that has been able to maintain it’s place in the top tier for almost 4 years now, why would that matter especially when every other server is constantly experiencing instability. Stop drinking that kool-aid folks, its bad for you

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

morrolan.9608

o.o?
can anyone tell me why ?

I mean why would anyone want to transfer to a strong stable server that has been able to maintain it’s place in the top tier for almost 4 years now, why would that matter especially when every other server is constantly experiencing instability. Stop drinking that kool-aid folks, its bad for you

Yeah so how does that explain JQ?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Paging for Gaile Gray!

How do you know he has an alt to swap?

Why do I owe you an explanation for my demand?

:)

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Princess.7584

Please and thank you

Why ask your friend to be placed in BG if you are retiring? You will be seen out in 3 time zones, none of which will be NA, prime off hours commander.

Done giving you any more attention. If Anet wants to kitten with its own rules, then so be it, balancing is not a priority as they claim.

(edited by Princess.7584)

in WvW

X T D.6458

o.o?
can anyone tell me why ?

Yeah so how does that explain JQ?

Wasn’t talking about JQ, which is occasionally closed. Being locked at Full has not been a long term problem for JQ, it’s just this time it got locked in the middle of transferring a guild in, so there’s that inconvenience there. BG on the other hand is always locked, but like any other server needs to recruit new blood from time to time to stay competitive.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

. BG on the other hand is always locked, but like any other server needs to recruit new blood from time to time to stay competitive.

Can you really say this while you’re winning t1?

in WvW

X T D.6458

. BG on the other hand is always locked, but like any other server needs to recruit new blood from time to time to stay competitive.

Can you really say this while you’re winning t1?

I guess the other weeks that we lose never matter to people right. We have the same issues as other servers, players leave, stop playing, coverage gaps etc. Tier 1 demands a lot out of a server, that’s just how it is.

Also keep in mind, this is the last matchup before a new linking this week, some people want to hang on to their link and will drop their activity level. For us it doesn’t matter, we wont get a link anyways.

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

I guess unless u beat ppl by 200k point u will always consider ur server under populated?

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Wow! No answers from anet about this? Might have to take this to reddit where they actually read the posts.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I’m waiting for the thread to start ‘Close server ajust Dragonbrand Server’

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Dragonbrand is so dead that they don’t even have players to post here anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Dragonbrand is so dead that they don’t even have players to post here anymore.

Post of the day, laughing my kitten off.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

BG shouldn’t be opened. There are at least 3 large guilds wanting to move there and it will just cause a huge imbalance.

OnS talking about causing imbalance. Priceless. What server/tier are you guys destroying now? kittened up JQ, YB and TC. What’s next?

T1 now is just us rolling over everyone else without even trying thanks to your kittenty alliance bandwagoners. Go talk about imbalance somewhere else.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Classy. I know emulators with higher professional standards :S

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Ask yourselves, if this was the cold, would it bother Elsa?

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

BG shouldn’t be opened. There are at least 3 large guilds wanting to move there and it will just cause a huge imbalance.

OnS talking about causing imbalance. Priceless. What server/tier are you guys destroying now? kittened up JQ, YB and TC. What’s next?

T1 now is just us rolling over everyone else without even trying thanks to your kittenty alliance bandwagoners. Go talk about imbalance somewhere else.

Yeah, I’m talking about Imbalance because if anyone can provide insight as to why its happening it is me. Thanks for your understand and your patients. What server are you on? coming with an alt

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Yeah, I’m talking about Imbalance because if anyone can provide insight as to why its happening it is me. Thanks for your understand and your patients. What server are you on? coming with an alt

[OnSL] Revival hype!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

[OnSL] Revival hype!

:D OnSL served it’s purpose. It was an experience that I don’t regret.

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Ipea.2974

Ipea.2974

I have learnt the ways of getting onto a full server!

I will be returning to BG soon and once there I will be happy to tell you all how its done! till then lets keep the salt flowing. I am getting much lols from this thread

in WvW

Posted by: bjchase.3074

bjchase.3074

Im on YB, and I HATE t1. HATE it so bad, I wanna transfer, but dont wanna pay the fee, so I simply dont WvW much any more. Yea YB does Ktrain, have to, facing the mag, or bg blobs in the times I play, we are just getting steam rolled. I hate one sided fights, I hate being on the winning and loosing side of em. Its no fun. So we hit bl and ktrain, really not much else to do.

I was on YB since launch. I took a few months off of playing before HoT (YB was T3/4 at that time). When I came back for HoT YB was T1. Ugh. I joined a guild (KRTA) without knowing what server it was on (I was doing mainly PvE so it didn’t matter). I liked the people in KRTA and with YB in T1 I went to Mags (which was T3 at the time). Now I’m back in T1. Ugh. But, being in an awesome guild with great people to talk with and who can field a decent size group for WvW makes being in T1 more than tolerable. The skill lag when it is 50+ vs 50+ vs 50+ is still really annoying though. Ugh.

Stormbluff Isle
Straight Outta Kryta [KRTA]
I fart in your general direction