Perma Stealth thieves are ruining WVW.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

^speak for yourself. I enjoy fighting theves on my warrior, some of the most fun fights. And I enjoy playing thief as well. I don’t enjoy having broken mechanics available to my class though.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

it’s not only the capping it’s also the fighting thieves. I am having a really hard time fighting a group of 8 thieves against maybe 5 of us. the keep getting invisible and then attack you out of the blue. it happened quite often that i walked into a seemingly empty camp and was surprised by 8 of them popping up. the weir thing is even if they attack they stay invisible some time which is not the case for a mesmer. the moment i attack my mass invisibility dissappears. i tjust think thieves are op in wvsw as they can stop u from capping and kill u very quickly. they heal way to fast too and u cannot attack them if they are invisible.its just frustrating after a while.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Kurieg.4158

Kurieg.4158

Stealth preventing point capture needs to be changed.

The stealth spamming breaking target lock over and over is a major problem with the game design, too, imo. It’s basically CC. This actually also can apply to clone-spamming mesmers. In both cases, you’re basically shutdown to just spamming non-targetted AE in the hopes of killing something.

Stealthed reviving allies and downing enemies needs to also be removed from the game.

Crafty [CR]
Yak’s Bend
Ir Regardless – Engineer

(edited by Kurieg.4158)

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

^speak for yourself. I enjoy fighting theves on my warrior, some of the most fun fights. And I enjoy playing thief as well. I don’t enjoy having broken mechanics available to my class though.

Sure, it’s fun playing a thief. I’ve had a ganker character in every game that’s had it available to troll around in MMOs. I had a sin in in AoC, a rogue in WoW, an op and a sin in ToR, a thief here for spvp etc. All with the express purpose of using them to roll around and gank people using the IWin alpha strike mechanics of invisibility and burst along with the easy “oh crap, unfavorable, run away” capability that comes with it.

Yup, it’s just my opinion but it has remained the same about stealth based ganker classes in MMO’s with pvp and probably will never change.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Suralin.3947

Suralin.3947

As a thief, we do need to prevent the ability to stop capping while stealth or have a minimum number of players to do it. In sPvP, thieves cannot stop a cap in stealth. So I wonder if ANet prefers this tactic in WvW.

Either way, as a thief, if I can hold up 30+ players on a supply camp, then I’m going to keep doing it. It might sound stupid on those 30+ players side, but if I can keep 30+ players away from a tower or keep nearby so the rest of my server can regroup or prepare, then I will do the stealth capping. It makes no sense for me NOT to do it while I can. Yeah, it’s dirty, but the thieves that do this do not exploit the culling bug to do so. They have a healing skill that stealths, a refuge, blinding powder, cloak & dagger, and traits.

DragonBrand – Terror Gaming [TG]
Fer Aline – Thf; Suralinta – Rgr; Alyra Va Tel – Ele; Mer Aline – War

in WvW

Posted by: Habib Loew.6239

Habib Loew.6239

Gameplay Programmer

In an upcoming patch the WvW capture points will be updated to follow the same rules as the PvP capture points with respect to invisibility & invulnerability. As a result invisible & invulnerable players will no longer contest capture points.

ArenaNet Gameplay Programmer

in WvW

Posted by: sinister.9216

sinister.9216

In an upcoming patch the WvW capture points will be updated to follow the same rules as the PvP capture points with respect to invisibility & invulnerability. As a result invisible & invulnerable players will no longer contest capture points.

Sweet.

Tywin Onassis – 80 Necro Mez Yar – 40ish Mesmer
Uri Nightshade – 50ish Thief
Sarugaki Hiyori – 80 Warrior – Blackgate [FEAR]

in WvW

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

cool, problem solved in an efficient and fair manner to everyone, thanks!

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Ermergerd we don’t have to see this forum clogged with these threads anymore!

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

good news…
So I don’t need to explain clueless people who suggest some pointless stuff like huddling up the difference between a CnD build and a perma invis anymore. Sweet.
I kinda gave up on people learning the diff anyways… :X

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

I don’t personally do this but I also don’t see how this is an exploit. It is using your professions ability to an advantage, no different from a mesmer portalling 30 people in a surprise attack.

Apples and oranges mate….2 totally different things. Mez has a 20s portal that is useless if your team sweeps and cleans out the mezs before leaving. They dont sweep and enemy portals inside, thats your fault, not the mez. The portal is nowhere near OP, as it has a very very very simple negate to it — sweep for mesmers. (i’ll concur with the portaling in of folks also has the rendering bug issue involved which needs fixing, but the portal itself is minor and easily avoided)

Thieves perma stealth on the other hand…its lame. The “just AoE the area” is bout lame as the “area” is a 6k-8k diameter circle, short of a large AoE zerging it, there’s near nothing u can do until the thieve makes a mistake.

I vote to simply make the cap circle no larger than any of the other cap circles on the maps. Circle the supervisor like at all the other points.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

I don’t personally do this but I also don’t see how this is an exploit. It is using your professions ability to an advantage, no different from a mesmer portalling 30 people in a surprise attack.

Apples and oranges mate….2 totally different things. Mez has a 20s portal that is useless if your team sweeps and cleans out the mezs before leaving. They dont sweep and enemy portals inside, thats your fault, not the mez. The portal is nowhere near OP, as it has a very very very simple negate to it — sweep for mesmers. (i’ll concur with the portaling in of folks also has the rendering bug issue involved which needs fixing, but the portal itself is minor and easily avoided)

Thieves perma stealth on the other hand…its lame. The “just AoE the area” is bout lame as the “area” is a 6k-8k diameter circle, short of a large AoE zerging it, there’s near nothing u can do until the thieve makes a mistake.

I vote to simply make the cap circle no larger than any of the other cap circles on the maps. Circle the supervisor like at all the other points.

Fix was posted by Dev, why still arguing over it?

in WvW

Posted by: Dutch Master.7208

Dutch Master.7208

This is wonderful news

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Cosec.9802

Cosec.9802

Hey all I started this thread. Ill take the heat for it. Look here’S the deal. No its nor exploiting as in taking advantage of a Glitch like scaling walls or anything. But is is annoying as heck that rendering issues cause a Profession to be a Bit OP IMO. As i stated before I play a thief. All I wanted from this post was to find out a general feel for how folks are dealing with this Perm stealth thing. Now i See that People don’t liek the term " Perm Stealth " but that’s all semantics the reality of it is that you don’t really as a thief have to ever show yourself if you don’t want. As long as you don’t make mistakes in the use of your abilities. Now I agree with the whole not letting thieves in stealth prevent capping i think this is a novel Idea. Tho it still dosn’t resolve the issue of them being abuil to drop there target form others at a whim by just spamming a few skills. Now I see people complain that there is no Difference between them holding off caps then a mezzy doing portal bombs. – I would like to point out tho that they have tried to patch the mezzy ports to make it a lil tuffer but have done nothing about the stealth issue.

Now To my fellow thieves. Look here’s the brass tax of this whole discussion when it comes to OUR profession. All this perm stealth complaints and what not is fair form the perspective of other Professions. We can keep them from capping and we can make them drop target anytime we want. I know stealth is our major survival ability .. honestly with our lack of armor and hps its prity much how we stay alive. and how we do our dmg. But if you guys keep doing this no cap Perms stealth deal all the time the end result will be, They will keep complaining and it will get our Prof Nerfed to all heck and the underlining issue with this is that nerfs never turn out the right way they always hurt way more than they are intended. So for the sake of your own Profession and for the sake of all other thieves – FOR goodness sake Don’t go and get us all nerfed because you want to grief capers. If someone earns the supply or what ever let them have it nothing says you cant wait 3 mins to get it back.

- Let me know where you all stand on this ?

in WvW

Posted by: Nethril.7413

Nethril.7413

^^ this solves it. thank you Habib for posting this and updating us. Now, this argument of keeping resources camps held with perma-stealth thieves is over and we can return to discussing the real issues: fractals and the requirement to grind them, warriors and 25k hits, mesmers and portals oh god portals, and last but not least, why oh why do so many thieves try to look like they’re from Assassins Creed?

okay, the fractals are really an issue… the rest were just a joke

Zyrith – Thief | Morden Krad – Guardian | Nethril – Warrior
[ACEN] Ascension | Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Stiv.1820

Thief stealth skills are EXTREMELY overpowered. It is ridiculous one class has this much power over all over classes. I have seen thief and thief go stealth 3 times in a row countless times. They need to do something such as:

1. Add longer timer to being able to re-stealth.
2. Remove stealth if player is damaged.
3. Not allow player to move if in stealth mode.

As of right now thieves are almost gods in PvP. It’s so ridiculous it’s stupid.

Hallmark post of a terrible player. You don’t understand the class so you can’t fight it. Learn the class so you don’t make these posts that make you look like a QQing zergling.

Flames aside, I highly recommend you play the Thief to level 30 or so. It doesn’t take long and will do wonders for your understanding of the mechanics. Yes, the theif class mechanics are so different than all others that it requires this little extra effort to combat them. Doing this for all classes never hurts your ability to PvP though.

in WvW

naphack.9346

I still don’t get what your guys problem is.
If you can’t kill him, don’t bother trying. Just walk away. It was a different story with capping points but that’s gonna be fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Drago.1634

Drago.1634

Good job ArenaNet, See where structured criticism gets us.^^

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

Yes fix this now

in WvW

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

Q: Will thieves still get event credit for capturing nodes if they happen to be in stealth on the completion “tick?”

I assumed that was the reason stealth worked the way it did in WvW.

in WvW

Stiv.1820

Q: Will thieves still get event credit for capturing nodes if they happen to be in stealth on the completion “tick?”

I assumed that was the reason stealth worked the way it did in WvW.

Yes, I’ve left a camp after fighting a little while and gotten a gold half way across the map when it finally gets taken.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Thief stealth skills are EXTREMELY overpowered. It is ridiculous one class has this much power over all over classes. I have seen thief and thief go stealth 3 times in a row countless times. They need to do something such as:

1. Add longer timer to being able to re-stealth.
2. Remove stealth if player is damaged.
3. Not allow player to move if in stealth mode.

As of right now thieves are almost gods in PvP. It’s so ridiculous it’s stupid.

you ask the same like :
remove damage from ranger pets
remove skills from ranger pets
do not alow rangers to move as long as pets are summoned

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Nethril.7413

I would assume that if you did not kill the NPC’s and you’re stealthed throughout the duration of the circle, that you will not receive credit.

that’s just an assumption tho, so to be safe I would simply be out of stealth during the cap

in WvW

Posted by: littlepopo.5430

littlepopo.5430

its a shame the thief and the mesmer were the only two things in this game that were sorta innovative and interesting with the stealth and the portaling and cloning but with all the whining and the nerfing going on that by the time this game reaches its 6 month anniversary these classes are gonna be useless. I mean what else is there to hold your interest and keep people coming back the fact that people are allowing a thief to hold a point contested is just sad it takes a minium of effort to find him and kill him but it seems the whiners are winning. Should have just left the thief the way it was a fun and challenging class, i mean what did ya want to play a ranger and a bear lol

in WvW

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

I’ve seen it a few times already – what’s irritating is that you have to target someone to report them, and permastealth ensures not only that they can exploit with impunity, but that no one will find out about it through normal means.

At least add a Name field to the dialog box (and populate it with the name of a targeted player, if one is targeted) so we can report such issues.

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

As a thief, I am glad they are doing this. Its too easy to hold a point for ~5mins while waiting for the zerg.

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

This will help somewhat – thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: Narcosis.3812

Narcosis.3812

@selan Did you think your 5 was going to beat 8 Thieves? Would your 5 beat 8 Mesmers? 8 Elementalists? 8 Guardians?

Duplicitous, Free Kitty Riot, Robalai Bleeds, Narcotic Reign [TWL] Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Aysnvaust.7046

Aysnvaust.7046

Thanx HabibLoew, for the update.
FireRunner: Let me add some more points to your list, to get that “godmode” off those crappy little thiefs for once and all:
1 – remove weapon slots from thiefes.
2 – reduce thiefs lifepool for AT LEAST 50%.
3 – why not remove stealth completely, as we are allready at it.

then, MAYBE, thiefs are somewhat balanced. Did I get you right?

Poke Menot
Asura Thief
Elona Reach

in WvW

Nethril.7413

FireRunner: Let me add some more points to your list, to get that “godmode” off those crappy little thiefs for once and all:

wait wait, thieves still have traps and dagger storm. and don’t think think 50% is a bit off? Shouldn’t it be closer to 75%?

in WvW

Posted by: FireRunner.9481

FireRunner.9481

Please. My cousin is a thief and even he says he’s insanely overpowered. He’s also got a 80 Mesmer and says that class is overpowered in PvP.

I’m calling it as I see it. If you honestly think thieves are not overpowered you’re wearing blinders. Also, I was suggesting just ONE of the three items I listed be applied…not all three. Just one would balance out the class. And, don’t even try to compare ranger pets to stealth. Ranger pets are like gnats (and their DPS is the same). Unbreakable invisibility is ridiculous to have as a skill. You really want to compare ranger pets to unbreakable invisibility? Really?

80 Asura Ranger – Commander

(edited by FireRunner.9481)

in WvW

Posted by: mrochon.8765

mrochon.8765

Thieves are fine. Plenty of ways to stop a thief, it’s just easier to qq on forums than figuring it out.

Joose Buckaloose
Pink Monkeys [DEVS]
God among Thieves and QQ Instigator

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Thanks for this refreshing update. I’m glad to hear you all plan to implement an elegant and effective solution to this problem. Please keep us in the loop like this moving forward; these updates are awesome news.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Nethril.7413

Please. My cousin is a thief and even he says he’s insanely overpowered. He’s also got a 80 Mesmer and says that class is overpowered in PvP.

I’m calling it as I see it. If you honestly think thieves are not overpowered you’re wearing blinders. Also, I was suggesting just ONE of the three items I listed be applied…not all three. Just one would balance out the class. And, don’t even try to compare ranger pets to stealth. Ranger pets are like gnats (and their DPS is the same). Unbreakable invisibility is ridiculous to have as a skill. You really want to compare ranger pets to unbreakable invisibility? Really?

Well, my brothers mothers fathers sisters friends uncle say’s that Mesmers are OP and thieves are kittened…..

seriously man? LOL

IF you understood the thief class, how it operates, it’s weaknesses, and it’s abilities (actual, not implied just here on forums) you would see the error in your thinking.

I play both a Guardian and a Thief. Thieves are funny little things to kill with my guardian, and I love playing my thief. I don’t believe thieves are OP what-so-ever aside from capping / preventing while invis. And this isn’t coming from my brothers mothers fathers sisters friends uncle.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthuzar.9478

Elthuzar.9478

My uncle is a half necrorangerwarrior and he says the thief is op true story.
nerf thieves.

The Painted Norn of [WILD]We Intercept Lost Dolyaks

in WvW

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

I can see the future:

“Please nerf thieves, they lurk invis near capture points and retake the point as soon as we leave!”.

Anyways, as a thief I wasn’t bothered by other thieves doing this, found this boring to do and care not that this is changed.

in WvW

Posted by: Kurieg.4158

Kurieg.4158

TBH, I kinda agree with the complaints against Mesmer and Thieves. I really think the constant target breaking functionality available to these classes is too good, especially in WvW. I’m not sure how much thought Arenanet has really put into it, but constantly having to find and reaquire the target to do anything but unload AOE in what you hope is the right direction isn’t particularly fun imo. I think the game could benefit from sort of ability/boon like True Seeing available to classes to slot as a Utility/Elite skill, something like that. I know Mes/Thief would cry about it and maybe need readjustment, but the inability to have any counter to what’s effectively a CC ability (target breaking) is pretty bad design, especially for as often as those classes can do it. It’s really, really awful to deal with in big fights.

Crafty [CR]
Yak’s Bend
Ir Regardless – Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Phatkillz.5938

Phatkillz.5938

Thanks for fixing the capture point thief exploit, but seriously this perma
stealth while fighting needs to be fixed.

Stealth was implemented much better in Daoc. If a person is engaged in a
fight then they should have none or at least limited stealthing capabilities.
Maybe increasing the timers would help? Perhaps adding abilities for some
classes that could make going into stealth for a limited amount of time impossible.

No way should a thief be able to take on 3 or 4 people and win. I have
been in fights where I never even see the thief once during the whole fight.

Also spiking while invisible is a little to much don’t you think? On a side
note I don’t believe the guardian aoe knock back works on stealthed spikers,
this needs to be fixed.

The bottom line is something needs to be done with the Thief class.
Please <I said it nicely.

in WvW

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

Thanks for fixing the capture point thief exploit, but seriously this perma

classes that could make going into stealth for a limited amount of time impossible.

No way should a thief be able to take on 3 or 4 people and win. I have
been in fights where I never even see the thief once during the whole fight.

this needs to be fixed.

The bottom line is something needs to be done with the Thief class.
Please <I said it nicely.

“I have
been in fights where I never even see the thief once during the whole fight. "

That’s the sad part! But people still defend it with their lives!
And you are not the only person who had enough of it! Tons of people!
Just look around at other parts of the forum. People stopped playing sPvP because of this already.

If this thing will not get some fix, people will leave. Because it’s frustration.

in WvW

selan.8354

yes mesmers are strong in pvp but in wvsw i think the only class that got me sooo frustrated is the thieves.

there was a group of 8 thieves running around messing and trolling us at our camps. we were 5. we walk in the camp no one there we cap the camp and then boom! all of the sudden they attack us out of nowhere.

as a mesmer im at least able to survive for a while. but they are able to revive each other all the time. we cant even prevent them from reviving, they are nearly dead then go into stealth come out fully revived, can attack us even in stealth, can now since the new update pull me off a kitten tower!, stay almost perma invisible and their attacks are way to strong,

My mesmer gets some ok damage but those thieves get me down form 20k health to 1 k in like 2 attacks. and then they even laugh at u after the slaughtered u.

Anet, i am sorry but u guys have to nerf thieves for wvsw plz. i gave up after 2 hours of humiliation and was happy to go to another map where i could fight real players that dont have to press 2 buttons to kill u, players that are actually really good and fun to fight.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

in WvW

Posted by: Setis.4390

Setis.4390

Also spiking while invisible is a little to much don’t you think? On a side note I don’t believe the guardian aoe knock back works on stealthed spikers, this needs to be fixed.

They’re probably using Blinding Powder to stealth which stealths them and blinds you. Blind makes your knock back miss…

Setis X – 80 guardian/thief/warrior/mesmer
IceClan – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

Thieves aren’t Op at all. Take stealth away from them, and they are not a thief.

The real problem is the rendering issue which Anet fails to address and “fix” (can it even be fixed?). Anyways, nerfing thieves into the ground isn’t a good solution.

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

I have fought many of these thieves, my opinion is.. wow you guys actually have problems killing a thief even in stealth? L2p

Looks at signature, yep as expected.

Actually, thieves inherently just know how to counter other thieves. It’s not that he’s defending the act, he’s merely pointing out that it’s not that hard to take that thief down. Something I noticed people rarely observe is, thieves actually target thieves a lot, at least that’s my experience.

How many here can truly say they have never killed a thief in stealth? Random aoes, wild-swinging melees. Poof, there appears a thief, one arm stretched pining for the day when he was in stealth and not laying down in the mercy of his opponents.

Thieves like to move from cover to cover, even in stealth. while culling issues of course exist, but half the time I notice people just throw up their hands and scream in frustration when the thief is actually just hiding out of your los.

I have never died in stealth, ever. How can you get hit by AEs when they show a big red circle on the ground, and dodge rolls negate all damage? AEs are the easiest thing in this game to avoid.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

selan.8354

wait wait, thieves still have traps and dagger storm. and don’t think think 50% is a bit off? Shouldn’t it be closer to 75%?

honestly removing all that would be too much i think.
i think thieves should be fast and have stealth, just not that long. u cannot remove EVERYTHING as long as i can hit them even when they are in stealth im fine with it or maybe also something to take’em out of stealth.

same with mesmers.
u cannot remove clones as this is what makes our spec. we are good at confusing the enemy, but mesmers die a lot too, but like with thieves there are some pople that abuse certain things in this class. Iprefer fighting fair and using my skills rather than always hide in stealth as a mesmer. btw our cooldowns except for the torch are very long and stealth is only like 5s for that.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

Hallmark post of a terrible player. You don’t understand the class so you can’t fight it. Learn the class so you don’t make these posts that make you look like a QQing zergling.

Flames aside, I highly recommend you play the Thief to level 30 or so. It doesn’t take long and will do wonders for your understanding of the mechanics. Yes, the theif class mechanics are so different than all others that it requires this little extra effort to combat them. Doing this for all classes never hurts your ability to PvP though.

It is absolutely correct that playing every class, not just a thief, is the best way to improve your understanding class strengths and weaknesses.

At the same time though, and please understand I’m not sympathizing with the crybabies, do consider that WvW is supposed to be the gateway format for players that would otherwise not play PvP. It’s generally a terrible concept that neither satisfies hardcore players or casual players, but as it is, stealth and thieves in general are what frustrates noobs the most, and it simply encourages a lot of them to quit WvW after a short period of time, or roll their own thief to faceroll other noobs. Fewer players and less class diversity are not positives.

in WvW

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

Thieves aren’t Op at all. Take stealth away from them, and they are not a thief.

The real problem is the rendering issue which Anet fails to address and “fix” (can it even be fixed?). Anyways, nerfing thieves into the ground isn’t a good solution.

The have addressed this and have indicated they are working on solutions for this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Can-you-fix-it-culling/first#post758110

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

this perma

this needs to be fixed.

Thieves already have limited stealthing capabilities whether they’re engaged in a fight or not. Either they’re actively using several abilities and combos to maintain stealth outside of combat or they’re using a stealth-on-attack ability that requires a target rich environment and precludes engaging in actual combat.

Spiking while stealthed is easier to counter than either stability or invulnerability stomps, neither of which are really accessible to thieves. And guardian knockback works fine against it, although it can be avoided by a thief with some incredible timing.

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

I sincerely laughed out loud when someone said the 29387562348759629345 threads about this issue was “constructive criticism”. Thanks fella, that made my day.

in WvW

naphack.9346

yes mesmers are strong in pvp but in wvsw i think the only class that got me sooo frustrated is the thieves.

there was a group of 8 thieves running around messing and trolling us at our camps. we were 5. we walk in the camp no one there we cap the camp and then boom! all of the sudden they attack us out of nowhere.

as a mesmer im at least able to survive for a while. but they are able to revive each other all the time. we cant even prevent them from reviving, they are nearly dead then go into stealth come out fully revived, can attack us even in stealth, can now since the new update pull me off a kitten tower!, stay almost perma invisible and their attacks are way to strong,

My mesmer gets some ok damage but those thieves get me down form 20k health to 1 k in like 2 attacks. and then they even laugh at u after the slaughtered u.

Anet, i am sorry but u guys have to nerf thieves for wvsw plz. i gave up after 2 hours of humiliation and was happy to go to another map where i could fight real players that dont have to press 2 buttons to kill u, players that are actually really good and fun to fight.

I think, It wasn’t half bad then if you cry about them reviving eachother.
Just imagining right now if it had been 8 d/d elementalists… You wouldn’t even be able to cry about them reviving eachother or “being able to survive a bit more than the rest”. All 5 of you’d die simultaneously within 3-6 seconds, depending on position.
A hint: a team of 8 organized players should kill a team of 5 players regardless.

in WvW

Posted by: Kallist.5917

Kallist.5917

Well thats nice. Now you guys planning on doing something about the Ele’s ability to turn to myst and run through doors when downed? Kind of messed up that they get to do that, and we cant do anything to stop them(Really? No cripple or immoble? Did you guys decide to let the interns make the choices that day?). That and the fact that they are the only ones who get to do that.