Please don´t let die wvw

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Carles A.6297

Carles A.6297

Right now, most of good guild of wvw leaved the game, the overcrowed borders have become extint. Clearly you’re doing something terribly wrong. We need back the old maps, we need back wvw leage and we need more drop from wvw, so it can be a way to earn some gold not only expending it.
Hope you do the effort to listen your players before all wvw comunity leave to other games.

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

While I sympathize with your concerns, there’s naught we can do about it right now. There’s some ‘big changes’ coming up that we’ve been given absolutely zero information about and no open communication channels.

While I love the new BLs, the game is in a kitten poor state right now for a variety of reasons. It would be nice if we had something to look forward to—a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. But, barring that, we can only hope that whatever is revealed if good enough to bring people back…but, honestly, good luck with that. No matter how good it is, players don’t forget being spited* so easily.

*It feels like spiting.

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

It will take time priority of A-Net is the following:

1. eSport
2. Shop Items
3. eSport
4. Shop Items
5. sPvP Balance
6. Shop Items
7. PvE Raid Content
8. Shop Items
9. PvE Content
10. Shop Items
11. eSport
12. Shop Items
13. WvW

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

1. eSport
2. Shop Items
3. eSport
4. Shop Items
5. sPvP Balance
6. Shop Items
7. PvE Raid Content
8. Shop Items
9. PvE Content
10. Shop Items
11. eSport
12. Shop Items
13. WvW

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

That ship have sailed along time ago.

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

As far as I can see everyone wants something different so who should they listen to? Everyone plays a different way. Just look when suggestions or ideas are posted. They mostly turn into arguments because some issues players have others are fine with it..

I’ve yet to see a fix for population posted that everyone agrees on but to me that was created by players and not sure why players are not trying to fix it themselves. Some are moving up tiers as every few days I see new people saying they just transferred.

What I do fear though is we will get some sort of megaserver. They did it for pve when servers couldn’t complete map events because they lacked populations. I always said I’d leave if this happened but really until something I find better comes along I’ll just learn to adapt with whatever they give us.

Games don’t last forever. Longest MMO I played was FF11 and the second longest is GW2. I’m just trying to have fun for as long as I can.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

To be fair though while players can create population imbalance its really difficult for them to fix the problem they create. To do so you’d need a large number of guilds and unaffiliated people to agree to spread to lower tier servers all going to opposing servers at roughly the same time. That level of coordination will never happen. Heck, there probably aren’t enough players left to populate the servers that exist and maintain a healthy population in all time zones.

At the end of the day players generally want to win, either their match up or their fights. Players also want to log in and jump right into the action regardless of time zone. Its beneficial then to stack servers. Always fights, always karma, always something to do. Trying to break that up voluntarily would be difficult at best.

Its gotten so bad now that the mere rumor of X guild leaving X server will spark mass transfers.

As to the original post WvW is kind of already dead (ish). Sure there will be some good match ups for a while longer but the ability for servers to move through the tiers is rapidly ending. There is just not enough players to go around anymore. The trick will be getting new players to re populate the game mode. I tend to lean towards this being an uphill battle. Long term players won’t suddenly jump into the mode in mass and I suspect the free to play players that will pick up the game mode already have.

The biggest problem they face is that MMO’s are habitual “buys” if you will. They more or less rely on habitual game play or loyalty to the brand. Once players leave, move on to other activities its really difficult to woo them back in any great capacity. I suspect whatever they do it will have to be geared around the remaining player base. So some sort of alliance or server merger to try to engage the population they have left. Or it will heavily be geared to trying to draw PvE players into the mode.

(edited by Mr Pin.6728)

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

briggah.7910

To be fair though while players can create population imbalance its really difficult for them to fix the problem they create. To do so you’d need a large number of guilds and unaffiliated people to agree to spread to lower tier servers all going to opposing servers at roughly the same time. That level of coordination will never happen. Heck, there probably aren’t enough players left to populate the servers that exist and maintain a healthy population in all time zones.

At the end of the day players generally want to win, either their match up or their fights. Players also want to log in and jump right into the action regardless of time zone. Its beneficial then to stack servers. Always fights, always karma, always something to do. Trying to break that up voluntarily would be difficult at best.

Its gotten so bad now that the mere rumor of X guild leaving X server will spark mass transfers.

Oh yea I know it is hard to fix but you know what I see a lot? Low tiered players complaining because they have empty maps or can’t find anybody to fight. Instead of transferring they claim they only login for dailies or not at all.. Sorry but to me doing that is only helping making the game mode worse. They might just find what they are looking for if they move. Yes it sucks having to pay to move to a server that may end up dead lol but I just think more people should try to see if it is better in another tier before demanding anet steps in to fix it. We all know what happens when anet steps in don’t we??

Player Vs Everyone

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Anet is loving this IMO, they are milking the lower tier players because people are moving up to T1 or T2 due to boredom.

This is why they are using the excuse “we are not quite ready to share the overhaul details”. They want to hook and bait what little wvw player base is left so they can milk those gem transfers. Some are buying in, most are not.

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I really doubt the handful of transfers from the vastly shrunk playerbase is enough financial incentive to purposely strangle a game mode. Granted, I totally disagree with their approach, I don’t think it’s that particular brand of villainy.

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You’d be a fool to waste gems transferring now as they’re almost certainly going to megaserver WvW.

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

mega server wvw? yeah – all berserk – mega blobs – 11111 win or loose – karma train XD

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

mega server wvw? yeah – all berserk – mega blobs – 11111 win or loose – karma train XD

No different that today.

The game just doesn’t reward solo or havoc players. Let alone a single group. There is just too much CC and red circles of something on the ground that nukes everyone when masses collide. There really is no skill anymore in WvW and this whole G v G thing, yeah. There is no system in place, formal, just like there is no formal dueling area.

I’ve spent too many hours in a former game whereas a party of 8 in similar play meant something. The only time there was a zerg is if a relic was in play or defense was required. Otherwise it was group(s) of 8 roaming and stealthers would camp the main gates.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

When ANet is finished with milking all the gems they can from player server transfers they will introduce the megaserver system to WvW.

Until then they will just keep following the gems sales charts closely until the graph line representing gems used for server transfers dips dramaticaly…

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

So far it’s been…

WvW players in massive hours long queue, create EotM so they can have something to do.

PvE players can’t get WvW map completion because they’re stuck on outmanned server, remove WvW maps from achievement.

PvE players on empty maps can’t do world bosses and don’t want to spend gems to transfer, create guesting. When that doesn’t fix issue, create megaservers.

When WvW players stuck on outmanned servers want to change to a server with more players and don’t want to spend gems to transfer…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

If you want WvW megaserver go to EOTM!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

the point is that… gems gems gems gems gems gems…

(crapgame i agree on what im reading here)

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

It is just a fact that the new maps are a failure, and I hope Anet is working to solve this problem as we speak, hopefully they will understand they did wrong and take back the old maps.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

i just notice that sos is now medium pop while FA which is very high pop is now dead last at T2 in current matchup

wvw current trend is towards shrinking

also, BDO is coming out and a few members of mine say they going there
wvw gonna shrink even more i guess

whatever so-called wvw overhaul anet is planning is way too late.
wvw is rapidly dying while pvp is sustained by the pve players who are there to farm backpiece

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Anet is loving this IMO, they are milking the lower tier players because people are moving up to T1 or T2 due to boredom.

This is why they are using the excuse “we are not quite ready to share the overhaul details”. They want to hook and bait what little wvw player base is left so they can milk those gem transfers. Some are buying in, most are not.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

-Hanlon’s razor

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

WvW is a great game-mode, but it was built around a now obsolete server system, and they need a new, guild-centered method of picking teams.

Cut WvW into seasons like pvp. During off season players can sign up for 1 and only one server during a season. Guilds can opt to collectively sign up for a server, and if it doesn’t fit the whole guild, it will deny registration. and suggest a server that will fit it.

Unregistered players could be thrown in with priority toward friends, but otherwise wherever they fit.

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

WvW is a terrible part of the game now. Power creep and feature creep have absolutely devastated it and expunged all the fun. I simply can’t see how it can be rectified now.

Gandara

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Oh yea I know it is hard to fix but you know what I see a lot? Low tiered players complaining because they have empty maps or can’t find anybody to fight. Instead of transferring they claim they only login for dailies or not at all.. Sorry but to me doing that is only helping making the game mode worse.

Yep it’s only dead on some servers at some times. Watched your T1 vid from tonight – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNeKhdDmFFw&feature=youtu.be

Wow that’s some heavy action. Saw myself in there too.

JQ subsidiary

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

rather than find a solution better find something every wvw player can/need to buy with gems

therefore anet will give a kitten about us

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: NekoNoKoi.9137

NekoNoKoi.9137

When ANet is finished with milking all the gems they can from player server transfers they will introduce the megaserver system to WvW.

Until then they will just keep following the gems sales charts closely until the graph line representing gems used for server transfers dips dramaticaly…

Jokes on them, I paid with gold…Although I feel like I should just buy 10k gems to hurry the process of leaving the current clusterkitten than is wvw and the new bls.

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i just notice that sos is now medium pop while FA which is very high pop is now dead last at T2 in current matchup

wvw current trend is towards shrinking

also, BDO is coming out and a few members of mine say they going there
wvw gonna shrink even more i guess

whatever so-called wvw overhaul anet is planning is way too late.
wvw is rapidly dying while pvp is sustained by the pve players who are there to farm backpiece

pretty much this, i just hope they will not end like most mmo end… by doing bad decisions…over and over again…
btw im playing on the japanese server and loving it, pk and pkk after lvl 50 XD.
Castles design are simple and based on medieval, fight has pirate ship but makes sense there and players with shield will push it makes a really good exp, reminds playing M&Bm even characters have colision detect system.

And a guild owning a castle is f** fancy and important not a placebo for ppt k trains redundancy.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

This BDO talk reminds me of Age of Conan. Had mounts, an action combat system, RvR where players actually build the keeps and influence the world. All of them sound good on paper. I’ll wait until the hype dies down maybe check it out if it’s not a money grab like most new MMO.

JQ subsidiary

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

1. eSport
2. Shop Items
3. eSport
4. Shop Items
5. sPvP Balance
6. Shop Items
7. PvE Raid Content
8. Shop Items
9. PvE Content
10. Shop Items
11. eSport
12. Shop Items
13. WvW

Completely wrong. ANET didnt even announce the finals of their esport until like 4 days ahead of time.

It is more:
1. Gem Store
2. Gem Store
3. PvE
4. PvE

99: PvP
100: WvW

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

This BDO talk reminds me of Age of Conan. Had mounts, an action combat system, RvR where players actually build the keeps and influence the world. All of them sound good on paper. I’ll wait until the hype dies down maybe check it out if it’s not a money grab like most new MMO.

At least it is ok for now, being there for quite some time, but yeah i dont know what is wrong with the mmo devs nowadays they love to “wreck” their games.

One thing that Gw2 does really nice is the gemstore, in BDO since character clothes lack of custumization by alot, the online store are really expensive stuff.

So being a game focused on gemstore is a good thing at least that they did well.
They still lack the rest tho…. they didnt even bring what made GW1 a great game to gw2.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

briggah.7910

I preorder and did the last beta.. At first I was like what did I just buy lol First game that popped in my head was AA.. It just reminded me of that game for some reason.. There is tons of stuff to do and it is very confusing at first. It has its grind although in chats some say you can grind to the soft cap in about 6 hours.

I didn’t even make it past level 16 but I tried 4 different classes and I put about 6 – 8 hours a day in that game during beta. I did a bunch of stuff like crafting, fishing and trying to build a boat but I got to around the same level on each of the toons. It was more that I was just trying to figure the game out and what to do.

There is still so much to learn but IMO it is not a replacement for wvw just yet. At least for me. You are not just going to buy the game and jump into open world PvP fights. You will have to work for it and seeing as a lot of wvw players hate pve, you just might be disappointed by this game.

This is just my opinion on the game and we all know I usually have different opinions then most that post here :P

Player Vs Everyone

Please don´t let die wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

LOL Megasever WvW.

Hahahaha that’s rich…

Bahahahahahahahahahahha…. sorry… just gimmie a sec…..BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can’t continue post, need water….

Ok OK… I can do this.

Megaserver in WvW will not hap…………BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA