[Proposal] Tie Loot Quality earned to PPT

in WvW

Posted by: fritanga.1623

fritanga.1623

Proposal: Tie Loot Tier earned to PPT

Goal: To better reward servers for defending objectives

Proposal Functionality: Gear and Rewards are already tiered. Essentially, this proposal makes the level of gear tied to PPT. The higher the PPT, the greater the rewards. The rewards would have to be significant jumps and announced server-wide in WvW to make it clear that PPT is affecting the quality of loot being earned.

Associated Risks: Potential snowballing. If a server is not high in PPT, they may not feel the reward is adequate to continue playing and would instead do other activities which may be more rewarding. Adding a notice for servers outnumbered reflecting the increase in Magic Find, Experience, and WXP gain may counter this. Additionally, the potentiality of more rares/exotics in the economy may be a factor.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Quick! Transfer to the server with the highest PPT!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: sukilih.6913

sukilih.6913

Lol.
It’s not our fault if you don’t get good loot in wvw.
This would mean more stacking of severs… PPT is a joke
There’s no skill involved, if you want loot, go out and fight people, in the open.. I find that’s the best to get loot

Ron burgundy
TC- milk was a bad choice

in WvW

fritanga.1623

Thats the point though, it would make the loot for everyone better. It means that in open field fights where you generally get needles, you might end up with Barbs (Worth more) or even better quality loot if your PPT is higher.

in WvW

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

Even better would be get rid of PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

When I read the title I thought here’s an interesting idea, rewarding servers with low points by increasing drops. Then I read the post and realized he was saying the opposite and I banged my head against a wall.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

When I read the title I thought here’s an interesting idea, rewarding servers with low points by increasing drops. Then I read the post and realized he was saying the opposite and I banged my head against a wall.

lololol same…

in WvW

fritanga.1623

The problem I see with WvW right now is that there is no rewards for defending objectives. At least by connecting the level of loot to PPT, it gives PPT an actual purpose besides just being an arbitrary number. The fighting guilds would be more motivated to cap objectives while roaming and the Karma Trains and Zergs would become completely useless since they can be capped around and defended against.

I agree completely that it could potentially lead to snowballing as an issue, as I pointed in my original post. I just feel that this is a solution which would benefit the fighting guilds and those who like playing for PPT both. There are no stat changes, there are no new objectives, just better loot.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I am unable to support better loot for the team with the higher ppt. The concept of adding a loot reward sounds good though. With that in mind I suggest;

Higher rank players drop higher tier loot.

This will in no way prevent stacking zerging or help other issues such as defending but it will add a new “choice” that may add fun to WvW.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Helzy.4036

Helzy.4036

Better loot for coverage, have you taken into account what happens to the server that plays twice as hard but has considerably less population ? They will lose the PPT everytime even if they focus solely on defending. Your asking to slap the face of the servers that need incentive/help.

Its no different from what Anet did with the Seasons, rewarding stacked servers and laughing in the face of those forced to fight them. Now if you had said increase the loot for those losing PPT that might have made more sense because their morale won’t get trashed as quickly if they have something to look forward to.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Perhaps some are confusing PPT with overall score.

I believe what the op is saying is to give the team with the highest PPT – that is Points per Tick at any given tick. Not give it to the team with the highest total score for the week.

So even if you’re losing because the other team has off-peak coverage, when prime time comes around if you have the highest PPT during prime for any given 15 min. tick period, you get higher rewards.

I still don’t think it’ll work because it will just further demoralize a losing team. Better to give higher rewards to the team that either caps something from the leading team and give higher rewards for killing the leading teams players.

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

I love that the OP is, in fact, a transfer to a higher PPT server.

They must have been a bit short on gold for the bobblehead thing in the gem store or something, thus this thread. Just XD

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

fritanga.1623

What I am saying is that when your server is out and doing well, you pull in a better quality reward. Take the junk loot you get as an example… Instead of getting a Needle, when you are above 200 PPT, you will receive a Barb instead. If you might have received a Blue Weapon, maybe instead you will get a Green Weapon drop. It could be broken down in tiers. Perhaps 200-300 PPT is a 1 tier upgrade, 300-500 a 2 tier upgrade, 500+ 3 level upgrade? (Blue→ Green for 200-300 PPT, Blue→Yellow for 300-500 PPT, Blue→ Exotic for the 500+ PPT rating.)

To Rimmy, I don’t understand what you are saying in your response. There is no such thing as a higher PPT servers since PPT is maxed out at 695 PPT. Since you are seemingly concerned though, I will say that my in-game finances are fine.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

It’s better to just remove PPT entirely and only award points for captures, defending, and killing other players.

That way an overstacked server at night will be “war score starved” as there will be literally nothing to do.

Yes, players can take advantage of this by simply vanishing from the map screwing their enemy over, but this also makes way for noobs to join WvW and get stomped in the absence of the main WvW group.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaytee.9513

Jaytee.9513

LOL, this must be a bad joke…..Rewarding a stacked server even more?

Read my suggestions in “Outnumbered” serves no WvW benefits" post and tell me if that would help balance out disparities.

I believe we need to encourage the players on lower populated servers with reasons to put in an effort fighting against the odds………..

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

this is by far the worst suggestion i’ve ever seen for fixing the state of wvw.

if anything, it should be increased drop rates for the lowest ppt servers, as an incentive for them to play wvw instead of farming pve or eotm.

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

To Rimmy, I don’t understand what you are saying in your response. There is no such thing as a higher PPT servers since PPT is maxed out at 695 PPT. Since you are seemingly concerned though, I will say that my in-game finances are fine.

So strange that you’d pretend to misunderstand when you decided to go Jenga.

How’s the music, are the wheels okay?

in WvW

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

Edit: I opened up a new topic to make a constructive discussion possible. My text didn’t fit here properly.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

(edited by Oak da Vite.9054)

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

We could try to tie the boost to individual objectives you hold. Let’s say if you hold something for a tick, you get 2% increase in MF and Gold in the vicinity of that objective. Let’s cap this around 40% so it doesn’t go to freaking high numbers.

What this would mean is that if you hold some objective for, lets say an hour you would get 8% MF and extra gold in the vicinity of that objective. And if you are able to hold objective for 5 hours its 40% which is kinda good.

This could give a bit more reasons for people to defend objectives as the longer you keep it the better the loot will be when you wipe the invaders.

Sure sure, the winning team would probally have those 40% on almost all their tower in home border, but so what. This would give incestive for people to port back to Citadel and go help out those north towers when they get under attack because there is a good chance for pretty neat drops.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

When skill beats coverage and population, the idea makes sense. Until then, this is a horrible idea.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

When skill beats coverage and population, the idea makes sense. Until then, this is a horrible idea.

That is pretty much impossible scenario I’m afraid. And even if they managed to make the game mode into skill based so that the number of population didn’t really matter then we would see a lot of elitism going on because I’m afraid then “bad players” would be more harmful than helpful.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Posted by: PattyCakeChamp.5268

PattyCakeChamp.5268

I see the cesspool of kitten is still on ebay. Thought the last of it moved to mags.

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

not a good ideea. Would force PPT hoarding and low servers will always..literally always get bones..claws and spikes as loot because they simply don’t have the numbers to have ppt.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

As others have stated, your suggestion would have the exact opposite effect. The only way a type of this thing would work is if low PPT increased in-WVW loot – and maybe even reduce loot for a super-high PPT.

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

I see the cesspool of kitten is still on ebay. Thought the last of it moved to mags.

Hi, wannabe professional troll!

in WvW

PattyCakeChamp.5268

Hi, wannabe professional troll!

I have no interest in trolling, just stating an obvious fact followed by a statement. That is all.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

There are already many benefits to having a high score in WvW, look at the benefits your server has Friday before reset under the WvW tab.

in WvW

PattyCakeChamp.5268

There are already many benefits to having a high score in WvW, look at the benefits your server has Friday before reset under the WvW tab.

To bad he isn’t talking about the matchup score right? I actually was thinking about this today some and what if it was tied to player loot bags only? It kinda works against the intended purpose of facilitating defense of structure but hits the overall lack of reward we get from wvw. Ktrains would literally have no more rewards than what they are getting (just maybe a little more incentive to chase down that lone thief). Skill groups really would have more incentive to play the ppt game more, they cap more towers, they get better loot when they wipe a zerg. This even works backwards, make it worthwhile for siege hugging players to come out and try and get a few bags while they are ticking high. Realistically I can’t seen this causing more stacking than already exists, along with population imbalances and kitten everyone cries about. If your getting farmed at spawn, your incentive to even play on the map disappears, you leave map, enemy gets no loot. There’s more to these thoughts but I’m on a break and don’t feel like spending it typing this.

One other thing, this idea would really be good in a situation like t2 has at the moment. Mags can flip flop ppt lead during NA prime (even db comes out to fight and can tick high during NA prime).

Just some thoughts before more comments about “score” come in.

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

I want loot as soon as I log into GW2…can we get that too?

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I want loot as soon as I log into GW2…can we get that too?

That’s a great idea. More people would log in then.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Rift does that and I log in every day to collect before it logging out…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Do you get loot for logging out too? Maybe they should give higher quality loot for logging in and lower quality loot for logging out.

(I apologize to the OP for taking your idea to the absurd. Your intentions were pure.)

Chaba Tangnu