PvP badges gone in WvW

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: kraftie.4765

kraftie.4765

This is intentional. We made the change to help with nameplate visual clutter in WvW.

Really? I, and many others, play pvp and wvw 90% of the time. Some have gone through and did the hard work for the sole cosmetic display of badges in wvw. It’s not hurting anyone so why change it?

You played to legendary solely to show the badge in WvW? I don’t believe it.

Believe it or not, some people do enjoy the player vs player aspect(s) of this game.

If you played ranked pvp solely for the pvp aspect then you wouldn’t care about a cosmetic item.

Pvp and wvw are both player vs player game modes, is it not?. Going by this logic, let’s disable mastery ranks in PVE to reduce clutter.

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by kraftie.4765)

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ImperialWL.7138

ImperialWL.7138

What is so hard to understand that as a WvW player I like to look good and for me the looking good part is to have a black badge next to my name? If it helps, I have a ghostly infusion in one of my trinkets as well, not because I think obtaining a ghostly infusion requires skill or that it will earn respect from others, but just because I like the look of it?

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is intentional. We made the change to help with nameplate visual clutter in WvW.

Really? I, and many others, play pvp and wvw 90% of the time. Some have gone through and did the hard work for the sole cosmetic display of badges in wvw. It’s not hurting anyone so why change it?

Believe it or not, some people do enjoy the player vs player aspect(s) of this game.

If you played ranked pvp solely for the pvp aspect then you wouldn’t care about a cosmetic item.

Pvp and wvw are both player vs player game modes, is it not?. Going by this logic, let’s disable mastery ranks in PVE as well to reduce clutter.

On your first point sort of, but does it matter. On your second point I think they also should be disabled.

What is so hard to understand that as a WvW player I like to look good and for me the looking good part is to have a black badge next to my name?

What ever did you do before this year.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

ImperialWL.7138

Pvp and wvw are both player vs player game modes, is it not?. Going by this logic, let’s disable mastery ranks in PVE as well to reduce clutter.

On your first point sort of, but does it matter. On your second point I think they also should be disabled.

What is so hard to understand that as a WvW player I like to look good and for me the looking good part is to have a black badge next to my name?

What ever did you do before this year.

Ran around with legendary champion title or the profession titles. Also went deep on the fashion wars wagon. PvP seasons just provided me badges to work towards.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

ImperialWL.7138

I can see why are all those “this system is kitten I stuck in Sapphire” guys being happy about this change but honestly, I got titles from all 3 seasons and I seriously don’t give a kitten if it would show on WvW or PvE since solo purpose of getting those was to get better. And to tell the truth, last two seasons were just cheese and ez-pz enough to tell badges don’t mean anything. I have seen WvW roamers much more skilled and superior to some legendary players that like to boast in HoTM. I’d even say it’s like running around shiny legendary skins, merely cool achievement but doesn’t actually tell you anything about players skill.

I know it has nothing to do with player skill, I’m a WvW player, so I don’t give a kitten about how good someone is in PvP because often the two things are not related, although being skilled mechanically (something that playing PvP can help develop) is certainly a requirement to being a good WvW player. Since I’m not too bothered about my PvP skills the only reason I played PvP was for the aesthetics, and there is nothing left in WvW for me to achieve.

On another note, if it’s like what you said about people complaining because they are unable to reach it themselves, they can do something about it instead of belittling other people’s achievements. “If I can’t have it, then nobody can”.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

ImperialWL.7138

Yeah, who needs prestige anyways. Only a good game would have that. Silly, Anet. Wouldn’t want those poor sapphires to feel bad walking around with their kittenty badge next to a legend or something. We all need to feel like beautiful happy teletubbies.

Just another example of how this game’s a joke. Where anything achieved ends up being meaningless. Where no one can show any sense of mastery because this game caters to children.

Sad but more and more it seems like the depressing truth. Time to quit and go deep in real life I guess, I heard hard work and dedication is actually rewarded there.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

ImperialWL.7138

Anet always had a carebear attitude towards the weak and underachieving, to the detriment of the WvW community. Remember how guard stacks got removed cos pve’ers cried about 250 ranks being unachievable? Most likely this change was made to keep pve’ers from feeling overwhelmed and intimidated by players who actually dedicated themselves and worked hard towards a goal.

Couldn’t have put it any better myself.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Anet always had a carebear attitude towards the weak and underachieving, to the detriment of the WvW community. Remember how guard stacks got removed cos pve’ers cried about 250 ranks being unachievable? Most likely this change was made to keep pve’ers from feeling overwhelmed and intimidated by players who actually dedicated themselves and worked hard towards a goal.

Couldn’t have put it any better myself.

Yet you know the badge isn’t indicative of a players skill.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

On another note, if it’s like what you said about people complaining because they are unable to reach it themselves, they can do something about it instead of belittling other people’s achievements. “If I can’t have it, then nobody can”.

Right, there have always been that kind of human creatures in any of MMO/moba/multiplayer games. They keep thinking up excuses like “my team sucks”, “that build is kitten” or “the game is kitten” and once they unconsciously realize that they can’t hit that mark they just start working against players that actually reached something without kittening. It’s all about EGO and ego is very strong with Fashion Wars 2, the game itself grows players around themselves and they get kittened or just give up on game if it puts tough obstacles in front of them.

Yet you know the badge isn’t indicative of a players skill.

Neither is mastery, nor legendary skins, nor AP. Not even WvW rank.

(edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607)

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: mavric.7051

mavric.7051

I’m quitting the game until this is restored.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Excellent change! Thank you.

Neither is mastery, nor legendary skins, nor AP. Not even WvW rank.

Especially not the WvW rank because of EotM. It’s like gaining sPvP rank points by attacking golems in the Heart of the Mists.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Orb.7635

Orb.7635

Give us the badge back, what is the sense to remove an icon that does not bother anyone which shows the hard work that user? What’s the point of keep it in PVE ?

You’re going to notice a big drop in population in PvP only by this movement, in fact the entire WvW population played PvP very casual until you placed the leagues and medal system.

So will be a no sense to play PvP when we got the legendary backpiece, at least before we got a badge as a reward like incentive, at the moment with this change we got nothing of that effort.

Bye bye PvP.

(edited by Orb.7635)

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I want wvw badges :/

To display in Spvp!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Olympia.5697

Olympia.5697

I am not gonna participate in ranked pvp anymore if they don’t restore these badges like it was before the patch ! end of story ! in fact the more they do changes likes this the less im gonna play gw2 at all, until i quit playing completely ! this is an outrageously unfair change !

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Offair.2563

I am not gonna participate in ranked pvp anymore if they don’t restore these badges like it was before the patch ! end of story ! in fact the more they do changes likes this the less im gonna play gw2 at all, until i quit playing completely ! this is an outrageously unfair change !

So you play spvp solely to have a badge displayed to your name? What is wrong with people these days..

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

All this did was stop PvP players from wanting to WvW as much and prevent WvW players from wanting to PvP as much. Anet has no sense of forethought and that is why this game will die.

… I still want tengu.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Olympia.5697

Olympia.5697

So you play spvp solely to have a badge displayed to your name? What is wrong with people these days..

Exactly ! thats the whole reason i played in season 3 ! you might find that is something wrong with us who do that but thats how it is like it or not ! people are paying hundreds or thousands of gold just to buy weapon skins to look cool, you don’t see anything wrong with that too ? why do you even care ?

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: kraftie.4765

kraftie.4765

I don’t see anything wrong there.

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Offair.2563

Well if you will stop playing Spvp tourneys just because it wont display a kittenty badge at your name anymore…..

If i press alt in wvw i won’t see my own title eeeeeeek time to stop play wvw until they fixed it! where are me pitchfork and torch!

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Should be a toggle at most.
I liked seeing the badges, It gave me an idea of the skill level of players around me.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Can you make them visible in sPvP only? They really only add visual noise. If someone have to show something outside of PvP we have title system for that.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

I liked seeing the badges, It gave me an idea of the skill level of players around me.

Except as has been stated it says nothing about a players skill.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

That assertion is an opinion only.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dei Veien.2456

Dei Veien.2456

While I don’t just pvp for the badge I do enjoy seeing it next to my name when I enter wvw.
Is it necessary in wvw? no.
Did I turn on my own name plate so I can look at is like a bird staring into a mirror? … yes, I am vain.
Personally a small square next to a name plate doesn’t bother me at all.
Seeing a sea of x server x rank bothers me a great deal. To me, the current system of wvw name plating is a hell of a lot more visual clutter then seeing a coloured square or shape next to a name plate.
Sea of Sorrows Platinum Invader (example only) is a very long title for just one enemy player.

Order of Intoxication [PSY]

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

I would rather have the wvw ranks as a plate and a toggle for pvp/wvw rank.

But this doesnt bother me at all, i will go for anyone regardless of what rank they are.

Just because you have a black dot, doesnt mean your a good player in wvw.

#thieftakesall

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: alemwdue.7293

alemwdue.7293

In my opinion, this is not fair. WvW is my main part in gw2 and as a new player in pvp i tried to solo rank for the last 3 weeks. I understand the reason to hide it, especially in big zerg fights to minimize visual clutter…

Could you not just implement something like mouseover or if you click a Character?

It’s like working hard for a legendary and at the end everyone else sees a default skin… :/

Totally agree with you, i’m in this situation too.

(edited by alemwdue.7293)

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Stand in HotM if the badge matters to you because I can probably guess it doesn’t matter to anyone else seeing yours.

RP enthusiast

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

Its actually not not if you’ve followed how bad the PvP matchmaking has been and how its able to be exploited.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Maybe if the badges actually signified some level of skill then the removal of badges might matter a bit, but given the PvP league is so worthless you have people with diamond/legendary who repeatedly fail to even dodge trueshot, it is hardly a loss.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Playing OCX on a T3 server that isn’t SoS, there’s few enough players around me that I know their skill levels because I recognise them all. It always made me laugh which ones made legendary. They weren’t the dangerous ones.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: CowOfGlory.5816

CowOfGlory.5816

I want wvw badges :/

To display in Spvp!

No no , I think it only fair that we get to be “insertservernamehere” bronze major assaulter platinum diamond legend knight invader in SPvP and Pve!

I grinded hours and hours of door smashing fun to achieve this, why cant I show it off??? In fact, I refuse to play until this has been added, it only makes sense.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lawrencii.1356

Lawrencii.1356

While you are at it, why not reduce the names of the enemy and give us bronze/silv/gold/plat/mith badges instead of the long kitten names wee normally see in wvw?

Just Leave it as ‘Sea of Sorrows Invader’ plus a nice WvW badge showing the rank

WvW badges or Rito!!!

¬ I A Euphy ¬ SoS ¬

(edited by Lawrencii.1356)

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

While you are at it, why not reduce the names of the enemy and give us bronze/silv/gold/plat/mith badges instead of the long kitten names wee normally see in wvw?

Just Leave it as ‘Sea of Sorrows Invader’ plus a nice WvW badge showing your wvw rank

Nameplate changes are coming, it was data mined on Reddit.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

thank you for removing it!

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Nope that is justified. Showing off pvp badges because pvp is the place you are a true man and they bigger the badge the bigger your kitten? No need for that, its a different game mode, you don’t care for mastery points in pvp do you? So unless your belong to the camp that believes pvp is the superior game mode and having a pvp badge makes you a superior player i See no reason for this to show up. Wvw has different priorities than pvp a wvw player with platinum rank can be utter trash in pvp and vice versa, so nothing was added apart from aiding people in furthering their arrogance and condecending treatment of below Ruby players.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

I’m quitting the game until this is restored.

Can i have your stuff?

On loan…

I could look after it?

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

It’s not about how much you consider a player “skilled” if he got legendary rank in pvp, is about how much I consider it skilled… thats why it’s me chosing to show it instead of you or arenanet. I don’t care if people won’t respect me cuz they think roaming or “The eternal” title has a better value, but i will respect those people having my same legendary badge instead of a player showing me the amber bag, cuz i worked on it and i know how much effort it requires. In the same way as people that got The eternal title will respect and be respected by others having it, cuz they put effort on it and they want to show it. It’s not about discrimination, but in this game there’s already enough bad credit on those who put effort on something less casual due to big ego of average MMO players, that flatting players like this will make it even more and more casual.

I repeat my questions, cuz developers and even players couldnt answer to them, trying to mislead the point:
You talk much of trying bringing people in pvp, and wvw is one step before the competitive pvp for the new players, so why hide the title showing pvp partecipation? Does it creates too much sense of inferiority or discrimination on those who couldnt get trough emerald?

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

It’s not about how much you consider a player “skilled” if he got legendary rank in pvp, is about how much I consider it skilled… thats why it’s me chosing to show it instead of you or arenanet. I don’t care if people won’t respect me cuz they think roaming or “The eternal” title has a better value, but i will respect those people having my same legendary badge instead of a player showing me the amber bag, cuz i worked on it and i know how much effort it requires. In the same way as people that got The eternal title will respect and be respected by others having it, cuz they put effort on it and they want to show it. It’s not about discrimination, but in this game there’s already enough bad credit on those who put effort on something less casual due to big ego of average MMO players, that flatting players like this will make it even more and more casual.

I repeat my questions, cuz developers and even players couldnt answer to them, trying to mislead the point:
You talk much of trying bringing people in pvp, and wvw is one step before the competitive pvp for the new players, so why hide the title showing pvp partecipation? Does it creates too much sense of inferiority or discrimination on those who couldnt get trough emerald?

I will try to answer your question from only my point of view. I don’t mind if the PvP icons are displayed in WvW or PvE so long as I can show off my WvW rank in both PvP and PvE. This to me seems a fair compromise and if it creates to much clutter then give us the option to turn them off or on individually and let us decide on the amount of clutter we want. I have a high rank in WvW and have participated in many GVG’s and small scale battles, but I avoid PvP like the plague due to the “L33T” and toxic attitude you get there, if you make even one mistake in some cases.

First and foremost I play a game to have fun and although I like the challenge of going up against humans with an actual brain, I detest some of those self same humans for having a mouth. In most WvW battles nobody has the time or inclination to insult, belittle or just be a kitten to others, so for me it is much more challenging as well as enjoyable.

Now my question to you is, why was it fair to show the PvP icons everywhere, that could not be turned off btw, when a player such as myself could not, and still can’t show my WvW ranks everywhere?

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Reisinger.4203

Reisinger.4203

I play WvW for WvW, not to see other people’s shiny skins, badges, achievements, etc.

Everyone gets a standard model, so vain or not, you’re either a dps boost or a bag to GvG/serious WvW players

On the other hand, I still dont understand why, that after 3 years, there is still a lack of CHOICE re: visual options (i.e. hide other players badges, hide own badge). I never understood this about updates, why the devs would remove one thing. why risk making a group of ppl unhappy, when you can just allow them to pick one or the other…

GW2 PvP League Season 3 Tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKVJ1krPmU

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Why doesn’t anet create a toggle system in options? If you don’t want to see someones badge then just go into options and turn it off. Everyone worked hard on their badges and deserve to be able to show it. That is like deciding sorry guys ranks take up to much room so we got ride of the system. It just isn’t right If you made a system like that it would fix the issue for everyone.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

If you wanna show off your pvp awards…go to pvp!

ANET needs tp create a badge that all can see for the WvW ranks (not just the enemy) so that the people who feel the need to show off the rank that they have can feel better, although maybe that needs to be done when the rest is sorted out.

This isnt important.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

By that logic our wvw titles should be displayed in all modes, including spvp. ‘Worked’ a kitten sight longer and harder for my wvw title than 3-4 weeks of match fixing to obtain ‘legendary’ in spvp.

A lot of people try spvp first when they come to the game, then move to wvw, rather than the other way around, when they realise how gimmicked and restrictive spvp builds are.

I’m glad they removed unnecessary clutter from wvw, even though seeing people’s pvp rank was usually a good indicator of how bad they were going to be- higher rank equalling less useful and more opinionated, running solo builds and having no inclination to be a useful member of any team.

I have zero respect for any title in this game, as I have found over the years playing MMo’s that those with more titles/higher titles/etc tend to be the most selfish self absorbed self righteous players with terribad group skills.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

ImperialWL.7138

Stand in HotM if the badge matters to you because I can probably guess it doesn’t matter to anyone else seeing yours.

Think you are missing the point, I cannot play WvW by standing in HotM that’s why I am making this thread, it’s for WvW players.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

ImperialWL.7138

By that logic our wvw titles should be displayed in all modes, including spvp. ‘Worked’ a kitten sight longer and harder for my wvw title than 3-4 weeks of match fixing to obtain ‘legendary’ in spvp.

Uh huh, and by that logic PvP badges should never have been visible in PvE or WvW…..except Anet made them that way since the start of season 1 Like I already said, I don’t have a problem with getting rid of it IF it had a). never been visible in WvW in the first place or b). gets implemented at the start of season 4, so that everybody who worked for it in season 3 don’t feel hard done by.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

ImperialWL.7138

I’ve said it already but I’ll say it again: It’s fair that you cannot show your WvW ranks everywhere because it was never ever a possible option i.e. never implemented by Anet; on the other hand, you could (since the start of season 1) always show off your PvP badges in WvW, because Anet made this system.

Now why would you put a goal for people to reach only to punish them for working towards it? People will just quit the game because who knows what they will kitten up next? Nobody saw this change coming, and quite frankly, legendary skins add a kitten tonne more “visual clutter” than a badge next to your name which only your own server can see; kitten I find guilds who run charrs and norns to be more “visually obtrusive” and why not implement a standard enemy model in WvW like you have in PvP whilst we’re at it?

(edited by ImperialWL.7138)

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I’ve said it already but I’ll say it again: It’s fair that you cannot show your WvW ranks everywhere because it was never ever a possible option i.e. never implemented by Anet; on the other hand, you could (since the start of season 1) always show off your PvP badges in WvW, because Anet made this system.

Now why would you put a goal for people to reach only to punish them for working towards it? People will just quit the game because who knows what they will kitten up next?

I was playing WvW for over 3 years, and that was long before there was a tournament in PvP. Since there was never an option to show my ranks in PvE, PvP or even in WvW to my own team, the PvP icons should not have been added to any other game mode without, at least, the ability to turn them off. All this change did was segregate certain members of the population into feeling inferior for no reason whatsoever.

As far as quitting the game, I did, and with this change I will return. To me it is more about fairness to those that earned their rank than anything else. Having the PvP players have the ability to show off their icons in a game mode, that means nothing to WvW, was a kitten poor decision in the first place. If they could add the ability to turn off and on all clutter in all game modes I am sure many players would be quite happy, but then again that should have been added long before the first tournament IMO!

Edit: clarity

Edit 2: standard models would be fine with me too, but then again it should be with an opt in/out under option and not just forced upon players.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: jason.9548

jason.9548

You guys so much QQing about a little symbol besides peoples names. World vs world is a fusion of pve and pvp why not have them show ranks gives other people in wvw another goal.

PvP badges gone in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Since we’re getting a bit into circular discussion on the topic, we’ll close this thread.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet