Ruins of Surmia and Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Zantesuken.5318

Zantesuken.5318

These two servers have for the past three weeks been hopelessly outmatched in WvW. Whiteside Ridge, Dzagonur and Drakkar Lake have all shown vastly better organisation and commitment to WvW than these servers. The result is that the score board is almost entirely in their favour, with the other two servers at best holding 25% combined at off-peak times through supply camps and towers.

I enjoyed WvW when it rotated daily, because keeps changed hands often and kept battle rolling. Now, after three weeks of being utterly crushed, I feel that the people of Surmia and FoW no longer even care about WvW. Isn’t this a failing of the system? For the competitive servers, the longer matches provide the chance for epic seiges and long sighted strategy. For the poor matchups, it means a week of misery.

I do not know what the problem with these two servers is. I know they have lower population than average. There is no incentive to WvW now though. Logging on to find one team controls everything is demoralising. I understand that some would take that as an opportunity, but the vast majority of people do not have the coordination or time required to starve out a fully upgraded keep. Then, the alternative is to take supply camps – to supply what? It feels futile for those involved.

There needs to be a review of WvW, so that when one server has clearly won a match, with a score ten times higher than the next, all three are not sentenced to days of boring WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Maetel.2130

Maetel.2130

They haven’t better organization, they’re just lot more of us lol

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

To prove that, we(RoS) went to FoW borderlands (it was all green). Then we started hitting Bluelake, and most of Drakkar lake came to us. Meanwhile FoW got free play to get the 2 towers around it and then start sieging Garrison. We took that chance to take hills (fully upgraded), and then we hit greenbriar, meanwhile FoW was going back and forth at garrison, losing a tower, regaining it, entering through the outer gates and then out again. It is not until we started sieging bay (where the orb is) did FoW finally get garrison. We had entered through the outer gates and were hitting inner when Drakkar all retreated from garrison so that that FoW has free play to get garrison.
But we got wiped at outer because drakkar focused completely on us, we were only 20-30 men vs a 50-60 zerg.
Blue lake was really hard to get because hills had a waypoint and we couldn’t spare enough people to keep hills contested (sending 1-2 wouldn’t help because they would just die).

Hills was slightly easier to take because they couldn’t get in through south and they had to go through north and walk all the way. We were only up against around 15-20 defenders.

Briar also had 15-20 defenders vs now a 30 man zerg. It was easy to clean the walls of any newly built ac (we didn’t give them the time, we also made sure they didn’t have any supply camps) so we then took the fully upgraded briar and went on to siege bay, which now had 20-25 defenders, by the time we got through inner they now had around 30 defenders, of which then even more came in from garrison because they didn’t want to lose the orb. They also quickly retook briar. We then held them off for about 2-3 hours, the map was diamant shaped red on top, bay, briar and vale was green, lake, lowlands and hills was blue with victor’s switching colours from blue to green all the time, but being mostly blue.
Slowly our players logged off, until we had 7 man left against 40-50. We then held on for half an hour while being hit by 3 trebs and a cata after which we lost bluelake and hills was really quickly zerged.
I must also note that FoW tried their hand at bay but they didn’t really get far, after that FoW only defended garrison and didn’t do much else. After hills was lost, so was the rest of the map and it quickittenurned all green again.

But atleast we destroyed 2 fully upgraded keeps, 2 fuly upgraded towers (and 2 towers of unknown upgrades).

So I’m just saying that we RoS and FoW just need more players. The ones who are still there NEVER give up. But it is annoying when there are a few German guilds who like to stay in the lowest tier and keep transferring to the lowest ranked server.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

The closest matchup would’ve been RoS vs FoW vs Dzagonur as Dzag and FoW had stayed at the bottom almost permanently, with RoS dropping down after a lot of guilds left… but a large number of transfers to Dzagonur changed that matchup entirely.

It is simply a matter of numbers. There has been a suggestion of trying to draw together the players from FoW/RoS/Kaineng/Devona’s onto one server (probably wouldn’t have queues for more than 1 zone even then!) but this would leave a few ENTIRELY dead servers around.

I actually see larger servers tagged as “well organised” a lot when in reality it’s not that amazing. Some of the ‘most organised’ servers I’ve played against were only organised in the sense of where the players were, not the manner the attack was executed, simply having defenders where needed – after that it was all numbers. When a server claims to be organised but still sends 50 players to every objective I disagree, that’s brute force with direction.

Err.. side tracked, back to RoS/FoW. One of the major problems for these 2 servers is that they only seem to fight in their own borderlands, meaning they are never splitting the enemy. So RoS borderlands = 50 v 100 v 0, FoW BL = 0 v 100 v 50, the 2 servers need to hit the same zone so it becomes 50 v 100 v 50 and by splitting the opponent fights are more manageable.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Maddeth.5893

Maddeth.5893

Err.. side tracked, back to RoS/FoW. One of the major problems for these 2 servers is that they only seem to fight in their own borderlands, meaning they are never splitting the enemy. So RoS borderlands = 50 v 100 v 0, FoW BL = 0 v 100 v 50, the 2 servers need to hit the same zone so it becomes 50 v 100 v 50 and by splitting the opponent fights are more manageable.

The issue is, even with that strategy, you are talking a maximum of 25% total map held by 2 servers vs 1.

And as soon as people try too move to anywhere else to continue (which they will, as for some reason we have something against defending or upgrading anything), we lose the map again. The population is a major issue that will not be fixed until free transfers stop and the balance actually starts working as intended.

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

The issue is, even with that strategy, you are talking a maximum of 25% total map held by 2 servers vs 1.

And as soon as people try too move to anywhere else to continue (which they will, as for some reason we have something against defending or upgrading anything), we lose the map again. The population is a major issue that will not be fixed until free transfers stop and the balance actually starts working as intended.

Totally agreed that transfers need to end.

On the all join the same BL thing though, we will probably hold more than we do joining any other zone because we at least aren’t fighting a massive enemy all alone, they are split on 2 fronts. We probably took more in FoW last night (from Drakkar) than we manage to take in our own borderlands normally.

Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

Only hope for Fow and RoS is to climb up ranking, Drakkar is just the weekly recipient now for those people who just join lower rank server in order to be able to massive zerg and farm the 2 servers at the bottom of the list.
What Drakkar is this week was Miller’s Sound the previous and Dzagonur and so on

There are even players from Fow and i assume from RoS who even joined Drakkar server…

Until Server transfer will be so easy and cheap, no balancing system can stand a chance.

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

in WvW

Posted by: Maddeth.5893

Maddeth.5893

Only hope for Fow and RoS is to climb up ranking, Drakkar is just the weekly recipient now for those people who just join lower rank server in order to be able to massive zerg and farm the 2 servers at the bottom of the list.
What Drakkar is this week was Miller’s Sound the previous and Dzagonur and so on

There are even players from Fow and i assume from RoS who even joined Drakkar server…

Until Server transfer will be so easy and cheap, no balancing system can stand a chance.

I need one vista from EB, it’s in SM.. can’t see me being able to get that until we either own it (lol), or to transfer over, get the point then wait 24hrs to transfer back.

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Agreed, climbing the ranking would likely just push us straight back down due to lack of players though :P

Convincing the lower population servers to mix together would work to an extent but come with a great deal of other problems;
- Who moves where? Guilds don’t like losing influence we know that
- Merging of communities. Seen it plenty of times over the years, people don’t accept new commanders well.
- Languages
- Many of us are on the lower servers to avoid queue’s, I can’t see it happening but there could potentially be more queues.
- You will never get EVERYONE to move.

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Revanought Lord.9532

Revanought Lord.9532

Unfourtunately FoW lacks manpower, we are ALWAYS out numbered and easily zerged

Yet I: Reaper Of Kane and a few others try to organise the server and we will never give in

Reaper Of Kane-(Former)Engineer Commander
“Evil flowers steadily bloom, with an array of bloodied doom”

(edited by Revanought Lord.9532)

in WvW

Posted by: TheWarboss.5982

TheWarboss.5982

The closest matchup would’ve been RoS vs FoW vs Dzagonur as Dzag and FoW had stayed at the bottom almost permanently, with RoS dropping down after a lot of guilds left… but a large number of transfers to Dzagonur changed that matchup entirely.

It is simply a matter of numbers. There has been a suggestion of trying to draw together the players from FoW/RoS/Kaineng/Devona’s onto one server (probably wouldn’t have queues for more than 1 zone even then!) but this would leave a few ENTIRELY dead servers around.

I actually see larger servers tagged as “well organised” a lot when in reality it’s not that amazing. Some of the ‘most organised’ servers I’ve played against were only organised in the sense of where the players were, not the manner the attack was executed, simply having defenders where needed – after that it was all numbers. When a server claims to be organised but still sends 50 players to every objective I disagree, that’s brute force with direction.

Well… Now anet reccomended RoS as a server. We got some good commanders with a good reputation and we use many the tactics u mention and others developed after ur post… But FoW hmmmm theyre easy pickings even for RoS we can take them easy all it takes is 5 people outside their spawn and youve delayed their reinforcements

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

TheWarboss, this is a veeery old story by now :p

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia