So no big changes for WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: FlOwMaKeRs.8623

FlOwMaKeRs.8623

I heard they said their priorities are rewards and ascended equipment in the future. .. but seriously .. just only that? I want Great and Big Things…. it’s been 2 ****g years since HoT released And literally we have not had anything I could say!!

I hope you guys come with great stuff for wvw, because unfortunately you guys should be embarrassed because 2 years ALREADY NOW after HoT released and the second expansion is coming and we can not have anything yet that makes you say " What a great big change for WvW ".

2 years since, expecting big changes for wvw.. I hope they do not come with few stuff.. cuz.. Rewards and equipment are not a big change for WvW at all, WvW will remain the same. Keep that in mind.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Just wondering what type of big changes are you expecting?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Changes?! In Wvw?! Please stop spreading unfounded claims!

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

5 years in WvW is still in Beta

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

What do you mean?

Explore a sprawling desert oasis (LOL)
Vie for control of strategic objectives (1v1 an npc)
Test yourself in challenging encounters! (pve)
Conquer unique map mechanics! (air blower thing)
Unlock tactical abilities for yourself and your allies! (they mean yourself, only guy on map)
Giant LASER BEAM DINOSAUR RAWRRRR

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Oh I dunno perhaps the revamp at a fundamental level that WvW needs.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I think WvW would be fine as long as we can spread out the active and skilled guilds evenly across different servers so that there will always be competitive fights around.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

What do you mean?

Explore a sprawling desert oasis (LOL)
Vie for control of strategic objectives (1v1 an npc)
Test yourself in challenging encounters! (pve)
Conquer unique map mechanics! (air blower thing)
Unlock tactical abilities for yourself and your allies! (they mean yourself, only guy on map)
Giant LASER BEAM DINOSAUR RAWRRRR

I’m really happy that you acknowledge, by omission, the great boon to WvW that guild upgrades have been. I, for one, really appreciate this particular addition.

But desert map wasn’t abandoned after HoT, it got lots of changes, here are just a few;

• Of course, the Desert map is controversial/divisive/Marmite.
  • The laser beam showed a lack of understanding of the WvW community. The beam from heaven seemed a bit detached from the rest of the objectives-and-siege minigame – despite there being a big battle event in the centre of the map. I honestly thought it was a great idea, because smaller servers could attack giant dominators, but players pooh-pooh'd it without giving it much consideration – which I thought was rude – but it did tell us a bit more about the mentality of the objective-oriented players. The dinosaurs really made the event annoying – I think it would have been better to just have had the cogs lying around on the ground.
  • The air blower was absolutely fine. If you couldn’t handle it, you were doing it wrong. It’s like when I see people tell others on the forum that they have bad positioning. That’s a player issue. And still they “fixed” (disabled) it for the people who complained.
  • You didn’t mention this, but it’s one of my favourite changes to Desert, you only need 2 shrines now for the lava portal/zero falling damage/sandstorm. Yet more good changes to Desert.

So I would say there have been a lot of changes for WvW since HoT, but not necessarily that BIG.

My hope for the next expansion (there’s a new thread for you to make) is that the Guild Upgrade system is fleshed out much more, but I am of the firm believe that we are in a cycle of Acretion, so my prediction is that the current systems will remain as-is and we get some new system as well and ignore WvW Tournament Tickets, WvW ranks, WvW abilities, Guild Upgrades, etc.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

morrolan.9608

I think WvW would be fine as long as we can spread out the active and skilled guilds evenly across different servers so that there will always be competitive fights around.

Isn’t this what Anet has been trying to do and it isn’t working.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: FlOwMaKeRs.8623

FlOwMaKeRs.8623

What do you think?

EVERYTHING THE COMMUNITY HAS SUGGESTED SINCE BETA.

in WvW

Svarty.8019

What do you think?

In fairness, they did a lot of changes to desert and some of those came from the forum.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

What do you think?

I DON’T KNOW HOW ABOUT SUGGESTING SOMETHING YOURSELF!

P.S WHY ARE WE SHOUTING IN TEXT!

P.P.S IF YOU IMPLEMENT EVERYTHING SINCE BETA THE GAME WOULD BE A TERRIBLE MISHMASH OF A MODE BECAUSE CRAZY PEOPLE ALSO POST IDEAS IN HERE!

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

(edited by XenesisII.1540)

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

They wont make big changes because WvW people freak out when they change anything.

I would be happy with continued QoL changes but that well has pretty much dried up now. At this point in time its, play WvW if you like the mode, play something else if you do not.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Split profession balance would be a start, especially for the expansion and proper server merges. Otherwise I can’t see WvW being like it was for the first 3 years, they have no competition, so they won’t be focusing so much resources on WvW.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Unfortunately, the playerbase is actively trying to do the exact opposite. And short of dissolving all the servers and reshuffling everyone more evenly, linking is the best Anet can really do.

What do you think?

In fairness, they did a lot of changes to desert and some of those came from the forum.

iirc, most of the things added to WvW since launch were things players wanted (or thought they wanted), and that includes the DBL itself.

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

iirc, most of the things added to WvW since launch were things players wanted (or thought they wanted), and that includes the DBL itself.

I knew people wanted a new WvW map, but people actually wanted an eotm map for WvW??

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Svarty.8019

I knew people wanted a new WvW map, but people actually wanted an eotm map for WvW??

No, the playerbase specifically stated that EotM was the most wrong way to do a WvW map that could possibly be conceived. As far as I know, we still haven’t had an explanation as to why the developers thought it was a good idea to have narrow walkways and cliffs everywhere. As such we’ll never know if they’ve got the right mindset to create maps that the WvW players will like.

I appreciate that a LOT of good work went into EotM, (you just have to look at those beautiful pipes coming out from under that keep on red side, for example), but as I’ve said countless times before and since, it doesn’t have to be fancy for WvW players. We’re not really into intricacies and that they should concentrate on making areas where strategy can come into play instead.

The desert map is pretty good (especially comparatively) , they did reign in a lot of the nonsense that you find on EotM. There aren’t many of those awful super-narrow bridges at all… except at air keep, where nobody fights.

My measure of whether a map is good or not is to count the floating islands – zero being optimal.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

At the time, yes. EotM was originally intended as a place for people to play when all their maps were queued, it just ended up taking on a life of its own.

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

At the time, yes. EotM was originally intended as a place for people to play when all their maps were queued, it just ended up taking on a life of its own.

I mean the eotm map called dbl

in WvW

morrolan.9608

No, the playerbase specifically stated that EotM was the most wrong way to do a WvW map that could possibly be conceived. As far as I know, we still haven’t had an explanation as to why the developers thought it was a good idea to have narrow walkways and cliffs everywhere. As such we’ll never know if they’ve got the right mindset to create maps that the WvW players will like.

They don’t listen, they never have by and large. They communicate stuff but ignore ost feedback.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

iirc, most of the things added to <span class='FO_hovarable_search_text'><span class='FO_FirstWord'>WvW</span></span> since launch were things players wanted (or thought they wanted), and that includes the DBL itself.

I knew people wanted a new <span class='FO_hovarable_search_text'><span class='FO_FirstWord'>WvW</span></span> map, but people actually wanted an eotm map for <span class='FO_hovarable_search_text'><span class='FO_FirstWord'>WvW</span></span>??

No, the playerbase specifically stated that EotM was the most wrong way to do a <span class='FO_hovarable_search_text'><span class='FO_FirstWord'>WvW</span></span> map that could possibly be conceived. As far as I know, we still haven’t had an explanation as to why the developers thought it was a good idea to have narrow walkways and cliffs everywhere. As such we’ll never know if they’ve got the right mindset to create maps that the <span class='FO_hovarable_search_text'><span class='FO_FirstWord'>WvW</span></span> players will like.

They don’t listen, they never have by and large. They communicate stuff but ignore ost feedback.

Oh they do listen to our complaints and do exactly the opposite of what we suggest. Ghost teef exploiting? Lets buff them until a pver solos a raid boss, then it gets nerfed. Stuff like that.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

iirc, most of the things added to <span class=‘FO_hovarable_search_text’><span class=‘FO_FirstWord’>WvW</span></span> since launch were things players wanted (or thought they wanted), and that includes the DBL itself.

I knew people wanted a new <span class=‘FO_hovarable_search_text’><span class=‘FO_FirstWord’>WvW</span></span> map, but people actually wanted an eotm map for <span class=‘FO_hovarable_search_text’><span class=‘FO_FirstWord’>WvW</span></span>??

No, the playerbase specifically stated that EotM was the most wrong way to do a <span class=‘FO_hovarable_search_text’><span class=‘FO_FirstWord’>WvW</span></span> map that could possibly be conceived. As far as I know, we still haven’t had an explanation as to why the developers thought it was a good idea to have narrow walkways and cliffs everywhere. As such we’ll never know if they’ve got the right mindset to create maps that the <span class=‘FO_hovarable_search_text’><span class=‘FO_FirstWord’>WvW</span></span> players will like.

Oh they do listen to our complaints and do exactly the opposite of what we suggest. Ghost teef exploiting? Lets buff them until a pver solos a raid boss, then it gets nerfed. Stuff like that.

OK they may listen but they don’t understand.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

iirc, most of the things added to <span class=‘FO_hovarable_search_text’><span class=‘FO_FirstWord’>WvW</span></span> since launch were things players wanted (or thought they wanted), and that includes the DBL itself.

I knew people wanted a new <span class=‘FO_hovarable_search_text’><span class=‘FO_FirstWord’>WvW</span></span> map, but people actually wanted an eotm map for <span class=‘FO_hovarable_search_text’><span class=‘FO_FirstWord’>WvW</span></span>??

No, the playerbase specifically stated that EotM was the most wrong way to do a <span class=‘FO_hovarable_search_text’><span class=‘FO_FirstWord’>WvW</span></span> map that could possibly be conceived. As far as I know, we still haven’t had an explanation as to why the developers thought it was a good idea to have narrow walkways and cliffs everywhere. As such we’ll never know if they’ve got the right mindset to create maps that the <span class=‘FO_hovarable_search_text’><span class=‘FO_FirstWord’>WvW</span></span> players will like.

OK they may listen but they don’t understand.

I kinda get the feeling they do it on purpose. They’re trying to force all of us that only play wvw to play the other modes even though we don’t want to by destroying everything we enjoy in wvw.

Think about it. “Siege is too op, nerf it.”> 100% buff to AC damage. “Condis are too op, nerf them” >buffed repeatedly with every patch. “ghost thief and condi mes make roaming miserable, nerf them” > buffed repeatedly with every patch until someone uses one of them in pve to solo a boss. We should start saying the opposite of what we really want so Anet will do that.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

It’s too late in the day for the devs to resurrect WvW and i think Anet has now resigned themselves to that fact.

They are even struggling to keep up with PvE content.

in WvW

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

Yea unfortunately I just don’t think they have the resources to support all 3 game modes. They’ve obviously made a strategic decision to primarily focus on pvp & pve.

Wvw is harder to balance classes/skills than the other 2, so we’ve seen little of that, unless it’s a side-affect of pvp/pve balance.

I fear the response to DBL has killed any future map-making plans and reinforced their inclination to neglect wvw. I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet feels, in hindsight, like the resources they used developing the maps were wasted, especially since fewer 4-map queues means less purpose for eotm.

And if balance and map-making for wvw aren’t considered worth the investment cost, it doesn’t leave much else that they can add. They’ve done a good job with some of the smaller items like auto-upgrades, squad UI, server-linking, and skirmishes. The only other major thing I think they could add would be a build template system and the ascended/legendary stuff people have been waiting for.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Yea unfortunately I just don’t think they have the resources to support all 3 game modes. They’ve obviously made a strategic decision to primarily focus on pvp & pve.

They’re not focussing on pvp any more. And they have the staff resources, look at the numbers that have been given over the years. They are just hideously inefficient.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Legendary armor for WvW would be nice.

in WvW

Svarty.8019

They’re not focussing on pvp any more. And they have the staff resources, look at the numbers that have been given over the years. They are just hideously inefficient.

There are 13 Vacancies by the looks of things, but there seems to be quite the turnaround of personnel.

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

There are 13 Vacancies by the looks of things, but there seems to be quite the turnaround of personnel.

Nice, first review:

“Amazing studio, but some organizational struggles”

Cons
Management has a hard time focusing, and it can be hard to get resources/attention for worthwhile projects.

Advice to Management
Focus more, and trust the folks doing the work. Not everything needs to be micro-managed, that’s why you hire adults.

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

Yeah a good chunk of their staff have been on the expansion development since the last expansion was released. It does seem like a lot of bad decisions are made at management level though, making the work inefficient and wasted.

We were told even by Colin that things could be changed or cancelled at any time while in development, and why they can’t say anything about future stuff. Why let things develop that far to be cancelled? it’s like they don’t do long term planning. Like no one saw what would happen to living story season one after it was done? Their marketing has been bad, practically none existent for wvw, yet heavily focuses on spvp when they had tournaments.

They haven’t exactly been growing the game much, their sales are down so they can’t exactly afford to hire a bunch of people to grow the development side. Things are just settling on pve as the focus, living story ep 1-6, expansion, living story ep 1-6, etc, and I guess they will push that for as long as they can.

in WvW

Svarty.8019

Why let things develop that far to be cancelled? it’s like they don’t do long term planning.

It’s depressing to see how much work just goes straight into the bin.

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

Why let things develop that far to be cancelled? it’s like they don’t do long term planning.

JFC 16 unused maps?
Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

JFC 16 unused maps?
Wow.

and alot of things there looked quite interesting…. but i guess it also players would had to aplly effort, probably was the reason to drop some of those ^^

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.