[Solo-Roam] 60 ranks in 12hrs

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I just wanted to make this thread to give my views on the things I encountered last night when I was solo-roaming on my Guardian with my birthday booster, 12hrs straight as to not waste the buff

1. It is never worth it to fight people. As soon as you kill someone, they become a future problem for you. They aren’t worth much wxp and waste a lot of time. I notice certain people I’ve killed, start stalking me and trying to counter my routes. That, in my opinion, is pretty sad when I see someone wasting their time to do so, I gained 3 ranks, while you’ve been sitting in that camp… makes sense.

2. It is so much nicer to be mid-lower tier than the top wvw servers, you don’t have to worry about not having the 25% wxp outmanned buff. I never go into EB when solo-roaming.

3. I try to do my routes during downtime, to minimize the counter plays. Certain players will start defending their camps near 4mins to ppt, so its your move to take camps out of their way or trick them to go to a different camp.

4. Try your hardest to not be scouted, it sucks when people see you heading somewhere, because then they call their friends and you gotta do the whole fighting thing. You’re better off turning around or cutting across the map, then dealing with them, some people have issues.

5. I can clear camps in 15 seconds flat, and that’s on purpose. The quicker the camps get cleared, the sooner the bar is filling up before swords show them where you are. I also use traveler runes so I don’t need to carry retreat/save yourselves. What really throws me is if a dolyak spawns mid-capture, really slows you down and draws to much attention. I’ve lost camps I could of captured easily if it wasn’t for those yaks.

6. Be careful not to get frustrated, always keep a calm mind, otherwise you start making mistakes, getting killed, and getting counter-routed when you keep pushing for something. Don’t waste time, always be on the move, get-in, cap, get-out immediately.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

This should be moved to a PvE forum. Has absolutely nothing to do with pvp or wvw. It’s a brag post and “how to pve in WvW”

CD

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

If your goal is to gain wxp, you’re better off finding a good karma train commander and being a zergling. Equip a ranged weapon and speed buffs so you can tag every yak you see.

Honestly that sounds like a waste of a birthday booster. Go champ farm in frostgorge or run elitist dungeons or whatever living story of the week is.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Posted by: Jaakko.4759

Jaakko.4759

Ranks? No one cares!

Hiehot on kultaa. Hiehot on hopeaa. Hiehot on pronssia.

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I popped my birthday boost as a thief, joined the karma train, equipped signet of malice and dagger storm, swapped to shortbow and spammed 1. Gained 60 ranks in 1/3 of that time.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, it is kinda unintuitive that killing other players isn’t a good way of gaining wxp.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Yes, the OP is right, the rest of you is wrong, and rude, and possibly stupid. As you cannot gain a noticable amount WXP or WvW Ranks from PvE or PvP, without burning through all your laurels to buy WXP bottles.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Well, it is kinda unintuitive that killing other players isn’t a good way of gaining wxp.

… and quite sad as well.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

:( sad that you pve in wvw. There is no better satisfaction in killing ANOTHER PLAYER imo. Esp one that killed you before

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Lots of people just got trolled IMO.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Nr.4 killed me. “Gotta do the whole fighting thing”. Sad, very sad.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Maybe the original poster’s point was to highlight the relative imbalance in how you can maximize getting WvW ranks without really doing WvW activity. In that case, he makes a heck of a point.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Your birthday booster doesn’t tick while your logged off.. No need to play 12hrs straight.

I popped mine on friday during the Karma train and I still have 16hrs left. At the rate I play, it should last another 2 weeks. During friday’s Karma train, I think I gained 12 ranks in 1.5hrs. Now if I karma trained for 12 hours at that pace, I should get 96 ranks… hmm..

wish I could hold out specifically karma trains but I can’t hold out from WvW lol

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Guuuuuuise don’t be mean lol

It’s kinda cute and if WvW was so……“rewarding” a year ago I probably would have done the same when I first started out.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

If your goal is to gain wxp, you’re better off finding a good karma train commander and being a zergling. Equip a ranged weapon and speed buffs so you can tag every yak you see.

Honestly that sounds like a waste of a birthday booster. Go champ farm in frostgorge or run elitist dungeons or whatever living story of the week is.

I’ve done solo roaming on warrior and karma training under top commanders and solo roaming gave me more WXP on average. I average two WvW ranks every hour solo. For being a zergling, two WvW ranks in an hour is about the fastest possible WXP and the average is of course lower.

As for OP, you have to have an extremely negligible opposition when soloing stuff on your server to get 5 ranks per hour with the birthday bonus. Two scouts plus guard gives 20*3 = 60 WxP, supervisor gives, say 70 wxp on average, and lets say on average there’s one dolyak which is 50 WxP so that comes out to 180 WxP, adding that with 200 WxP for capture is 380 WxP per supply camp on average. Being outnumbered and having birthday bonus gives 125% bonus to WxP so 1.25*380 + 380 = 855 WxP on average per supply camp with birthday bonus and outnumbered. 5000/855 = 9.4 supply camps captured to raise a WxP rank and if you are getting 5 per hour as you say, that’s 9.4*5 = 47 supply camps taken in an hour. Of course, you likely take out warg/harpy/wurm along the way and maybe sentries but I still don’t see that being possible on guardian. You can get pretty good WxP solo roaming if you are flipping camps quick but I don’t see you getting 5 ranks per hour.

in WvW

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

Someone get this civilian out of the war zone!

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

If players are in greater numbers and have been around a while, you’ll get more wxp from them vs capping something.

Solo you’re not killing enough quickly enough if you’re just going for WxP.

Idk why you would be though… WvW account bound ranks inc. and all.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

How to: ignore pvp in wvw for useless ranks. grats

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

The OP is entirely right in what he’s saying. In order to get the most WXP you have to PvD and flip camps. This shows perfectly how screwed the whole WXP system is.

WvW is a mixed PVP/PVE zone but Anet seems to only favor the PVE part. Player kills should be worth much more WXP but it should be devided to all attackers instead of just giving a low flat amount of WXP to all taggers.

in WvW

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

wxp booster + zerg who run fast + leeching without hardwork XD = 60 ranks
just leech when u can

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

Yo do not see the big picture.
To get sixty ranks alone means to control supplies with a minimum effort. It means to kill many, many dolyaks and cap a lot of camps. It means to win the battle for resources with just one guy.
Obviously you can get a lot of ranks just zerging, but your relative value will be low because the zerg would make the same without you. If roaming properly your added value increases much more.
In any case to avoid all the fights is a little bit boring. I would recommend to balance a little bit the number of encounters with the camps capping….

Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

This isn’t just a PvE farm. He is generating more PPT for his server than most zergling would and is denying a huge chunk of supply from an opposing server. However, he is doing it wrong. He should not actually flip the camps. It would be more beneficial overall to his server to not flip the camps and just kill yaks and sentries.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

People would rather get the champion loot bag from towers, and dragonite ore from keeps and the castle, than go from camp to camp exclusively.

I’ve gotten far more exotics from champ bags, than ranks. I’ve gotten 1 ascended ring from ranking up. I’ve gotten the most rares from players and npcs. Zerging down npcs with the out-manned buff on and 140% account magic find nets me a rare every 15 mins if we’re not wiped at any point in time.

These methods of loot farming is what are keeping people interested in WvW where perhaps they had no interest, and basically just wasted money upgrading things in the past. I see no problem with karma training as long as there’s still fights. 60 wxp per fresh player, more with outmanned buff, and more again if they haven’t been killed in awhile adds up. If your crew can make minced meat of 60 players in short order, you probably have full bags from just that.

WvW can be very, very, profitable.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I’ll clarify that it is harder to zerg on my server now, due to some of the guilds that were helping us here beforehand had transferred off to BG pre-season. Plus generally zerging happens around primetime, whereas solo-roaming during oceanic, there’s almost no one on.

in WvW

Radian.2478

I think one thing to take away from this (despite the fact that OP exaggerated on his WxP gain) is that solo roaming can sometimes give better rewards than zerging. While probably no one would agree with me, I believe that solo roaming on one warrior build actually gives better karma than karma training, more badges than being in a zerg trying to zerg bust, and better WxP than a zerg trying to PvD, on average. Probably not true for T1 servers though….

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJARTnoEFDZKEaPwEZAAV4LzjeAqozDqYqJA-jEyAYrARUgILAJvioxW6KiGraBTVSEV7TKiWdQAmD-w

That will solo everything in a supply camp in as fast as 7 seconds and it is also the fastest moving build in the game (except for the fact it doesn’t have 20% recharge reduction on bulls charge but meh) and I do play thief a lot and it’s much faster than any thief build I could make.

in WvW

Posted by: Fellturtle.2618

Fellturtle.2618

It’s ‘could have’ not ‘could of’.

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Totally lost me at avoiding fights. I would rather lose WvW ranks and have people looking to fight me than gain 1000 ranks and not fight a single person.

However, for people who covet WvW ranks, at least it condones doing something, even if that something might involve flipping camps that are inconsequential (depending on the state of the map).

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Probably the most PPT per player post ever made. WvW and GW2 in general is meant to be played the way each player wants to play it. This guy has created a system that is very efficient.

As for karma trains, I frequently find they bog down unless they happen to be running with a lot of positive circumstance. 280k WvW experience in 4 hours would be obscene even with a BDay gift and certainly not possible in a sustainable way.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Arnon.1563

Arnon.1563

I don’t know why everyone is giving him a hard time for flipping camp. “Even if this is a troll post”.

He is effectively stopping supply for a minimum of 4 minutes from each camp per flip.
This is a very effective strategy in WvW.

If you flip sentries and kill yaks your doing even more for your server.

Haveing a few people doing this in enemy BLs constantly would be great.

in WvW

Radian.2478

So in that regard, running a thief as p/d d/p carrion or something (p/d to kill yaks and sentries, swap to d/p when running around in stealth) and spam killing yaks and sentries on one side in ebg while contesting towers/keep in between running back and forth between supply camps could be the #1 PPT build in the game. Kinda unbalanced that yak kills give 3 points (sentries give 1) since killing both yaks gives more points than a supply camp for that tick.