Spawn camping with seige - your opinion?

in WvW

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

Here is the relevant part of a screenshot I took tonight shortly after the Red keep on EB was taken by a zerg after a spirited but sadly supplyless defense. I’m just curious what other people think of this tactic, especially as the server involved is way ahead in PPT. (Yes, I know there are other exits, but that’s not the point, is it?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

This is always a really crappy thing to do, its unsportsmanlike and just plain trolly. Its pathetic behavior pure and simply. Yes like some will, and have in other threads pointed out there are other exits, but it does not change the fact this behavior is just plain pathetic anytime it happens. Now if they were trying to cap your keep and those players were trying to keep you from going to defend it, thats a different story, thats a valid strategy. But to just camp, and with siege nonetheless…pathetic. Same with the trolls who gank people in obsidian sanctum.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It’s scummy but it happens unfortunately.. My opinion is that if enough people refuse to leave spawn, or perhaps even leave the map for 10 – 15 minutes, they’ll get bored and leave. Feeding them bags is what makes them want to stay. Don’t be a bag and they’ll leave. Personally when ever this happens to me, either on the camping side or the side getting camped, I stand by and watch. I don’t fight, I just wait until people move along instead of getting farmed or being a jerk.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

The people who feed them annoy me more.

Edit: they should put a sign on the road: “Warning: Do not feed the Trolls!”

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Useless tactic.

And that you complain in forum instead of ignoring it by using different exits/maps only shows that you are as unorganized and inexperienced as the people that placed/manned the siege.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Get you’re zerg together and wipe them if you are too bad to do that then you deserve it.
WvW should be about fighting players not just ppt.

in WvW

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Solutions are:
- 1 treb
- 5 people go exit to mandon and flank them

It’s so easy This strategy doesn’t even work

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Three exits from the spawn on every map. ’nuff said.

Or are you telling me they had those sieged too, at all exit points?

One – Piken Square

in WvW

X T D.6458

OP is referring to the behavior, not how to get around it

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

If it’s red it’s dead. It just is that simple.

Any other rules you bring to the table, you need to either be ready to enforce them on your own, or expect that you’re the only one following them.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

So because OP and his friends won’t leave spawn, it’s everyone elses fault that the enemy roamers are there looking for a fight?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

X T D.6458

So because OP and his friends won’t leave spawn, it’s everyone elses fault that the enemy roamers are there looking for a fight?

If you read the OP, he says he knows there are other exits etc, he is asking peoples thoughts about the behavior, not how to get around it. If you looked at the pic, thats hardly a roaming group lol.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

If you read the OP, he says he knows there are other exits etc, he is asking peoples thoughts about the behavior, not how to get around it. If you looked at the pic, thats hardly a roaming group lol.

And if you read what I said, you would realize I never said anything about other exits and that my comment was referring to behavior….

I already know that if people want fights, then they’ll go to where ever the enemy is, even if they do sit in spawn and complain about it….

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

To what end?

What is the point of discussing fair play by the enemy in which they broke no rules?

Is he trying to get the safe zone changed?
Is he trying to get sympathy?
Is he trying to be a sore loser and shame the other server by posting pictures of the servers name?

What is the point of of creating a new thread on the topic, after it has been discussed in the previous 5,286 threads on this topic?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

X T D.6458

The idea of a forum is lost on some people it seems, why not ask the OP if you want to know.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Bwahahaha I see myself in the giant spider tonic. I spent a good chunk of last night zerg bombing you guys as a giant spider shooting off the birthday blaster.

Maybe you guys should have tried… I don’t know… pushing out of your spawn. You had more people than us, half of us were running around in tonic form and your spawn was right there. What more do you need?

And don’t act like it was siege preventing you from coming out, we threw out a couple hundred siege sites as a joke. A couple pugs built 2 regular bali’s and half built a treb. What is that going to stop?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

X T D.6458

lol at the spider tonics, theres some TC folks who like to use tonics in wvw. Once killed a guy in a dredge tonic lol