Squad bullying

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

i really don’t know much about her rl ,only reason i know her age was , i asked , are you working or in school and she told me , i don’t need to work i am only 12 , i was like o.O really , i only met her few days ago @ LA , i help her out , told her about the game , got her a set of exotic gears , runes , sigils , i show her how to link her gears , it was bad gears , we don’t know who is behind the computer , someone with depression , and being bully online , he or she felt to end it all , its NOT GOOD

Ah.

So chances are high she’s probably a 45 year old man.

Regardless, telling someone one time they arent good isnt bullying. Thats what people say all the time, pretty much every time they kill someone even if its 10v1 ganking. It take time to learn something new, both in real life and in game.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: danielrazor.6041

danielrazor.6041

how did this post about being exclusive in wvw turn into a thread about a “12 year old girl” ??

BTW kevin i think VaaCrow was referring to the original topic of this thread

[SALT] The Salty Pickles
Leia Ravenpaw – Dragonhunter
Daniel Ravenpaw – Daredevil

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I hate the use of this word. It implies the person has no options but be subjected to anyone’s arbitrary rules.

Here’s a truism that applies to all aspects of life: you can’t force others to behave as you want.

You either accept their conditions or you create your own rules.

Get a commander tag. Be inclusive. Instantly become more popular because you’re more inclusive. Start getting players joining you from the other blob. Exclusive commander loses power, realizes why, becomes more inclusive.

Stop being a victim.

Be the change you want to see.

^^^^ This. Also if you are a vet wvwer OP, you should know how to do stuff without squad since it hasn’t always been around.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Keviin Snow.5760

Keviin Snow.5760

i really don’t know much about her rl ,only reason i know her age was , i asked , are you working or in school and she told me , i don’t need to work i am only 12 , i was like o.O really , i only met her few days ago @ LA , i help her out , told her about the game , got her a set of exotic gears , runes , sigils , i show her how to link her gears , it was bad gears , we don’t know who is behind the computer , someone with depression , and being bully online , he or she felt to end it all , its NOT GOOD

Ah.

So chances are high she’s probably a 45 year old man.

Regardless, telling someone one time they arent good isnt bullying. Thats what people say all the time, pretty much every time they kill someone even if its 10v1 ganking. It take time to learn something new, both in real life and in game.

LoL she could be , but , when i ask her do you work or go to school , she told me she don’t need to work , i am only 12 , i was like o.O also that is what he the bully told his guildmate /guildleader , that is not what happen ,i was there , she was there , they were NOT , and his guild leader reply was , my guildmate don’t lie , so in his word he never lie all his life ? i had all the chat 21 screen shots , i wish i could post them all here for everyone to see and judge for themselves , again i coulda walk away , it was none of my business , but just last week, i read the news , a 8 year old commit suicide , because he was being bully , they are calling me and the victim a lier for all the THINGS he said , what go around come around , one day this person is going to end up taking a KID life and the blood will be in his hand
btw how many bully admit they are bully ?
like i said people on the internet don’t care what they do or said , even if they end up taking a life , I’m glad he stop picking on her and pick on me LOL ,
if i didn’t step in and said something , and i never see her log in again , the blood would be in my hand too for walking away and not do anything ,
if it was true , just 1 thing what he said , would u think i would be so upset ? i wont even bother , and get ready for path of fire lol
but he is telling his guild leader that he only said 1 thing , and his guild leader said my guildmate do not lie , so what can i do , that is like calling the victim /witness a lier ,
all lives matter right ? remember girl facebook live ended her life ?

(edited by Keviin Snow.5760)

Squad bullying

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

how did this post about being exclusive in wvw turn into a thread about a “12 year old girl” ??

cuz the topic was about bullying , and i decided to post this story to make awareness
what people do or say may ended up taking someone life ? remember the girl on facebook live ? idk her , but what if this girl had depression ? i would not want to see it on the news 2 weeks later …………. someone just want to play a game online to get away from RL ,
again I’m glad i step in and he stop picking on her and pick on me

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

Oh I remember the OP. He’s the same guy who hi-jacked another thread discussing about commanders kicking some classes. He basically said the same things he did here and cried “bullying” but was BTFO by his own servermates because of the tirade of insults he said on mapchat which lasted for hours.

Deja Vu.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

cuz the topic was about bullying , and i decided to post this story to make awareness
what people do or say may ended up taking someone life ? remember the girl on facebook live ? idk her , but what if this girl had depression ? i would not want to see it on the news 2 weeks later …………. someone just want to play a game online to get away from RL ,

She needs parental supervision if 12. Players cannot see who is behind the character.

And this is not game related anymore.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Squad bullying

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

She needs parental supervision if 12. Players cannot see who is behind the character.

And this is not game related anymore.

this topic is about bullying and she was bully in wvw gw2
i was only going to post it once , until i got attack by people who don’t care , we all know bullying may end up taking someone life right ? like the one on facebook live ,
i just wanted to make an awareness , what mean thing people do or say can affect someone life

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Keviin Snow, this topic is about being excluded from a squad. Not being bullied and commiting suicide…

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

the CMD is gated behind a heavy gold-wall, this means you get what you get and deal with it.
its a very bad design choice imho and should be changed. there is no reason to have a gold block at all, just make it 5.000 honour badges and minimum rank 300 or something appropriated to when you would expect people to be able to know enough to lead.

do that and you will have planty off CMD’s running around and whenever there is no “good one” or “no one” someone will tag up for it.

edit: as for actual bullying, there should obviously be a “no tolerance” policy in all games which Heavily punish you if you bully others (please do look up bullying before you start throwing the word around with punishments attached etc.)

also people: Don’t make it personal, doesn’t matter who OP is, comment to his suggestions and his wording, not who he is or that you know him from ingame etc.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-to-Give-Good-Feedback-1/first#post6372017

(edited by Nyx.6532)

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Keviin Snow, this topic is about being excluded from a squad. Not being bullied and commiting suicide…

What he described on the previous page is unacceptable though. That kind of stuff needs to be reported.

I’d recommend taking screen shots of the chat and submitting a support ticket.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: zedapoc.1493

zedapoc.1493

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!

Bless the internets.

Op is MVP. While you’re at it demand membership into what few gvg guilds are left and report them for harassment and bullying when they don’t send you an invite.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

OP, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that the reason no one wants you in squad is because you’re a whinging terribad and no one likes to try to carry whinging terribads. Get better at the game and you’ll be able to get into any squad or guild you like based on merit, coms or not.

The fact that you think that your special pleading here has merit as an argument is evidence of a larger sickness I’ve observed in this game where scrubby players think they can come into the game and demand things from veterans like they’re owed something. No one owes you anything, not a spot in a squad or a spot in a guild. Nothing. You either earn it like the rest of us did or you uninstall the game and go play pokemon go or something.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I would really like Anet to address/change a problem in wvw which is growing worse and is used solely to hurt players.

Squads/cmdrs continue to use closed/no invite feature to exclude players from non-full squads for no reason.

I want to be clear about my complaint.

1. I love GW/wvw and am vet wvwer/gwer.

2. Im experienced good player; when motivated, can be exceptionally good player.

3. Don’t want cmdr tag, don’t want to lead, don’t have money for it.

4. Squads I am complaining about are:
A) partially full, usually 20-40;
B) not on guild runs or “training runs” (w/e that is) or “dual guild” runs (disingenuously explained as 2 guilds on training run, lol);
C) 1 squad/cmdr on a map;
D) Usually prime time, monopolizing map for >1 hr.; sometimes 4-5 hrs / nite multi days;
E) Squads w/ same players w/ control

5. I am not disputing a cmdr’s right to exclude people – they have that right. Whether they should exercise that right to exclude people for no good reason is the issue and whether people should support these types of cmdrs/squads and whether anet should do something about abuses is the issue.

6. Don’t want to roam/havoc/solo – have zerg armor/boosters/food/weapons.

7. I mean this (believe it or not I don’t care) – I dont care a fig about bags.

8. Every single reason ever given to justify squad exclusion as above are illogical and do not hold up. If its just that I am hated, that’s bullying, and u will hate me whether I’m in squad or not – and it hurts squad & players when players r excluded from squad who want to join.

9. TS should not be an exclusionary tool/excuse to ban people from squad for hours – especially if people can’t join TS for w/e reason (I’m deaf).

10. It hurts squad/server/players when ppl r forced to run alongside squad – they r not as effective and neither is squad – heals indiscriminate/untimely, buffs/rezes erratic, etc. Squad does better when I’m in it rather than forced to run beside it.

11. I paid the same as everyone else.

Pls Anet monitor this situation and consider a fix. I have seen/heard (via typing) so many sickening stories of abuse of players re: entry deny/kick in partially full squads for purely abusive/bullying reasons.

You want anet to mind control players?

Commanders can do what they want to do with their squad. They bought their tag and they decided to lead, so they can make whatever decision they want.

You can follow the squad anyway or completely resolve it by not depending on someone else (but you don’t want to resolve it the latter way, because of #3, so it’s your own fault).

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

@OP,

You are wanting to force players to play with you, which is wrong, especially when those Players, Spent Their time, Their gold, to make Their Squads, to play with who They want with Their earned Commander Tag.

And just FYI just because you are near them and on the same map doesn’t mean you are playing with them that just means you are playing near them.

Your suggestion to allow yourself to force others to have to play with you when they don’t want to is more bullying than them not allowing you into Their squad which They earned.

So if you always want to be in a squad whenever you are on then buy a Commander Tag.

Oh and link to where Anet said that players hat but Commander Tags have to allow everyone in Their squad, or where players can force others to play with them.

(edited by Sly.9518)

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

The drama about making other play they way you want is truly entertaining. Please continue explaining how the person putting in the effort with the tag should have their gaming experience altered to accommodate someone else who is unwilling to put in the same effort.

SBI

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Pls see Nos. 3 & 5.

Cant afford to switch servers – don’t think this is an effective answer to the problem.

I think Anet should get involved cuz its not just bad manners, its abusive and exclusionary and actually making it so players cant play in wvw squads for hours/days on end.

I have many reasons for not being able to join TS (not just that I am deaf.) as do many others.

TS is not noted as a requirement to play in squad in wvw, and playing in squad is advertised content for which I paid.

I am not just talking about TS requirement either.

I have heard from players of players in TS abusing people and ganging up on them. I have heard people in TS making fun of players and excluding them just because they don’t like them.

I don’t care if people don’t like me. They won’t like me whether I am in squad or out. Its whether exclusionary practices are being used to bully players and ruin their game experience and more importantly, preclude them from content. This is something Anet needs to look into.

I have seen people in squad type to exclude people from squad. They do this because the people who wish to join are already in TS, so they type it instead. And the people cant get in, and they are excluded because people in squad simply don’t like them. That makes no sense and its bullying. You don’t have to like the people in squad. It hurts the squad/server/players/all when people are booted/not invited for no legitimate reason except to be mean.

I have seen people say and lol about this: Give me gold and we will let u in squad. This behavior should not be tolerated.

I have heard from many people who left squads or TS because of abuse of players.

I’m sorry, but I think bullying behavior should not be condoned by anyone, and it is within Anet’s ability and arguably their duty to prevent player abuse when the community can no longer police itself.

Good manners indeed.

This is a narrow issue/situation that should be curbed by everyone, not defended.

I understand where you are coming from in part, but your tone simply screams, “Wah people won’t play with me! ANet you better make them be nicer!” It’s not bullying to have certain requirements to be met in order to join a group. No one can MAKE me let you join my squad.

Do you think you can make ANet “bully” me into allowing you to join my squad? See what I did there. Are you going to demand ANet allow you to join any raid group you want, because raids are content you paid for?

It is NOT bullying to not want to associate with someone. It IS bullying to try to force your way into somewhere you either A. Don’t fulfill the requirements for, or B. Refuse to accomodate their requests.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I don’t think they should allow private “invite only” squads in wvw. Granted that does penalize guilds who want to do GvG activities, but I think they should already have their own game mode at this point since its called “Guild Wars.” Either way, I don’t think wvw should allow private tags, or the ability to kick people who want to join it.

Then guilds will run without a squad, like we did before we even had squads. Your argument is pointless as you cant stop this. Anet have themselves drawn the line at hiding the tag when using the squad function, but they wont dictate how people play.

True you cant stop a group of people from grouping together and following one another in private parties, but at least this change to squads, would show that anet is taking a stance on it.

Currently it’s ridiculous when you get a squad that is 32/50 “TS” only and you have a ton of people not in squad or balanced parties following along, that aren’t allowed in. They become easy targets and help to rez enemy downed players because they have no party support.

Then go find a PUGmander that has no squad requirements. Squads go closed for a variety of reasons.
>Some commanders/guilds do not want to run 50/50, and blob around.
>Some commanders/guilds prefer to only fight “comped” rather than catch as catch can.
>There are many other reasons, but the point is that ANet cannot and will not try to force guilds/commanders to include everyone.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I don’t think they should allow private “invite only” squads in wvw. Granted that does penalize guilds who want to do GvG activities, but I think they should already have their own game mode at this point since its called “Guild Wars.” Either way, I don’t think wvw should allow private tags, or the ability to kick people who want to join it.

Then guilds will run without a squad, like we did before we even had squads. Your argument is pointless as you cant stop this. Anet have themselves drawn the line at hiding the tag when using the squad function, but they wont dictate how people play.

True you cant stop a group of people from grouping together and following one another in private parties, but at least this change to squads, would show that anet is taking a stance on it.

Currently it’s ridiculous when you get a squad that is 32/50 “TS” only and you have a ton of people not in squad or balanced parties following along, that aren’t allowed in. They become easy targets and help to rez enemy downed players because they have no party support.

Then go find a PUGmander that has no squad requirements. Squads go closed for a variety of reasons.
>Some commanders/guilds prefer to only fight “comped” rather than catch as catch can.
>There are many other reasons, but the point is that ANet cannot and will not try to force guilds/commanders to include everyone.

Well you would think anet would make a stance and implement this change, since so many commanders are out of control with this type of exclusionary behavior, specifically in wvw, and likewise in wvw where being a raid group really matters, as opposed to other game modes.

Also, I dunno how you know what anet will and won’t do, unless you work for them, and there is no harm in my suggestion anyways.

here’s the suggestion

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

Squad bullying

in WvW

Sly.9518

Well you would think anet would make a stance and implement this change, since so many commanders are out of control with this type of exclusionary behavior, specifically in wvw, and likewise in wvw where being a raid group really matters, as opposed to other game modes.

Also, I dunno how you know what anet will and won’t do, unless you work for them, and there is no harm in my suggestion anyways.

One more time why should players be forced into a group with you when they are the ones that spent Their time, Their gold and Their effort to acquire a tag to make Their own Squads?

It’s bullying to force yourself into people that don’t want to group with you, they have no obligation to provide you a squad, or to group with you.

And show us where Anet states that Commanders are obligated to allow anyone into Their Squads.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

It goes back to choice. No one should be forced to share a squad or allow someone in a squad.

If squad chat, team chat etc are being used to bully someone, then screenshot and report.

If it is in TS or Discord, it’s a third party program that Anet won’t enforce, but the third party one might.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

I tried to join squad at reset and as usual it was closed, I had my necro and had the build and was also on TS but refuse to continue with this whisper the commander the password builshit.

If being on TS isn’t good enough then fine i will not join the zerg.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

One more time why should players be forced into a group with you when they are the ones that spent Their time, Their gold and Their effort to acquire a tag to make Their own Squads?

It’s bullying to force yourself into people that don’t want to group with you, they have no obligation to provide you a squad, or to group with you.

And show us where Anet states that Commanders are obligated to allow anyone into Their Squads.

yah but this is WvW specifically, it is a joint server effort, where everyone can que in and is welcome to play. I feel that as a commander, you represent your server, and have to deal with the risk that some players who join your squad, you might not want to include for whatever reason, but its better then bullying and excluding. If you tag up you should have to lead everyone who wants to participate from your server in your squad, and not only welcome them but help and support them by including them. If a commander doesn’t like that then the commander shouldn’t tag up, I feel like anet should force this mechanic on commanders in wvw.

The burden of leading the server and the zerg should be placed on the commander if they so chose to tag up. It seems like a much smaller sacrifice that one person with a commander tag should have to put up with some people they might not want to include in there squad (and thus ruin 1 commanders experience), rather then one commander who excludes countless players who would like to participate in a wvw zerg (thus ruining tons of other players experience).

I also like how commanders act like being in squad is “no big deal, just follow along side the squad in the zerg.” The same argument can be shifted right back, if its no big deal to not be in the squad, then it should be no big deal to have players forced into your squad either.

Being in a squad is important as receiving group buffs are vital for survivability, which in turn also increases the survivabilty of the zerg as a whole to have everyone in squad. It also affects tagging mechanics which results in more loot and wxp gain from being in a squad

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

Oh I remember the OP. He’s the same guy who hi-jacked another thread discussing about commanders kicking some classes. He basically said the same things he did here and cried “bullying” but was BTFO by his own servermates because of the tirade of insults he said on mapchat which lasted for hours.

Deja Vu.

1) I don’t remember “hi-jacking” any thread – I posted a few posts on a few threads a few months ago – just like u and everyone else. Unlike consistent posts that are essentially nothing more than “wah wah wah we want what we want cuz we’re us and we’re special and its our game our rules our rights our prejudices our elite choices,” I haven’t been in these forums for months. I try to post cogent, thoughtful posts about game mechanics that I think have gone astray or are being used in ways that Anet never intended as in my opinion I think this hurts the game and player base.

Just because u don’t like what I’m saying and it appears to be upsetting somehow to some principle you have, doesn’t mean I hijacked anything. I am entitled to post here just like u and that is what I did back then and did again now. And btw, the practice hasn’t stopped – in fact, its gotten worse.

2) Its not the same topic though it is similar and does have some of the same overlapping complaints because of the same overlapping abuses by squads/cmdrs.

3) Cmdrs kicking entire classes from squads/game play/featured content is the same type of exclusionary bad behavior that should not be tolerated in a partially-full only-squad-in-town situation. Eliminating entire classes from running with squads (an advertised feature, and arguably the MAIN feature of WvW content) for hours on end when people have paid for the game and waited in ques and popped boosters etc. is not fair, not right, not nice and Anet needs to take a look at this hurtful practice cuz its hurting players/servers/game modes/game play/community interaction and game.

4) In my earlier posts on the exclusionary squad topic, I did not post people were being bullying (unless in passing as an adjective emphasis in support of the gist of a particular reply post) – I posted they were being elitist and exclusionary. Please don’t misquote – I welcome you to re-review my earlier posts and stop mischaracterizing what I said. I know what I said and what was meant/emphasized.

5) I don’t ever remember being BTFO by anyone here in forums or in game. In fact, just like in this thread the bulk of arguments against my point of view come down to this: It’s my party and I’ll do what I want to. To which, I respond, it’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to.

FYI I was silent after my last thread/posts several months because 99% of the time I am silent in game and I am rarely in these forums- however, I do come in here and in game TC/MC when I see really egregious behavior occurring. And frankly, I’m at the point where bullying and support of bullying in wvw squads has gotten out of hand and disruptive and has made me feel it would helpful if I came in here and requested Anet look into the situation and determine if a fix for the problem can and should be implemented.

6) I never engaged in a tirade of insults in the earlier similar situation – in fact, just the reverse is true. For the entire day and for days after I spoke up in TC people pmed me and spoke in chat to me and about me. They kept it up in TC (to which I responded) for as long as cmdr kept running the closed squad for hours on end. I also heard from numerous people in squads that I was the topic of hours long insult/degrading joke fests on TS because I protested that I was denied entry to a squad because, and specifically because (at that time), I was deaf (yes, I am still deaf) and could not access TS (which the cmdr and squad controllers/police were specifically apprised of by me in advance of my complaining on TC).

Apparently, if ur on a map (whether in squad or out) you cannot criticize cmdrs for anything ever. If u do, u have apparently sent out an invitation for a barrage of disgusting hate speech, some of which may even be legally actionable, never mind reportable. I prefer to post here and on TC. I believe anet should know about potentially belligerent and needlessly punitive behavior that effectively excludes people from game play and main featured content because as to the situation I am complaining about, the arguments against me make no sense/do not apply (the exclusionary squad is not full and is the only squad in town with nowhere else to go on my server.

(edited by Eater of Peeps.9062)

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

He tried harassing me in game via mail after i made my post, ended up on my blocklist pretty quick.

Back to the point, it is not bullying, the commander paid for his tag, he can run as he wants, it is a choice to follow, not something you have to do. get over it. People in WvW have power over the commander, not the other way round, just make your own squad, or find another commander, or do your own thing.

Grow a thicker skin OP, facing hardship is a part of life, if people are unable to deal with hardship that is just Darwinism.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Squad bullying

in WvW

Sly.9518

yah but this is WvW specifically, it is a joint server effort, where everyone can que in and is welcome to play. I feel that as a commander, you represent your server, and have to deal with the risk that you some players who join your squad you might not like, but its better then bullying and excluding. If you tag up you should have to lead everyone who wants to participate from your server in your squad, and not only welcome them but help and support them by including them. If a commander doesn’t like that then the commander shouldn’t tag up, I feel like anet should force this mechanic on commanders in wvw.

The burden of leading the server and the zerg should be placed on the commander if they so chose to tag up. It seems like a much smaller sacrifice that one person with a commander tag should have to put up with some people they might not want to include in there squad (and thus ruin 1 commanders experience), rather then one commander who excludes countless players who would like to participate in a wvw zerg (thus ruining tons of other players experience).

I also like how commanders act like being in squad is “no big deal, just follow along side the squad in the zerg.” The same argument can be shifted right back, if its no big deal to not be in the squad, then it should be no big deal to have players forced into your squad either.

Being in a squad is important as receiving group buffs are vital for survivability, which in turn also increases the survivabilty of the zerg as a whole to have everyone in squad. It also affects tagging mechanics which results in more loot and wxp gain from being in a squad

It doesn’t matter if they are on the same server or linked server,that doesn’t mean they are playing with you, it just means they happen to be on the same server playing when other players happen to be on and playing near them. you are trying to dictate who and how people play against their will, just because they put in more effort/time/gold into the game, for their enjoyment to play with who they want and how they want.

Again so you want to essentially hold someone hostage because they spent Their time, gold, and effort to acquire Their tag by forcing them to party with people they choose not to, because they just so happen to be playing on the same map as you?

And show me where Anet states that anyone with a Tag is obligated to be forced into a party with people they don’t want to group with.

Show me where it’s a mandated by Anet / the game that if someone buys a tag and uses it in WvW that they have to be forced to allow anyone into a squad.

Or how about show me where Anet says that everyone in WvW will be grouped together in squads under tags Without the Commanders say.

Show us where being in a Squad is mandatory to play WvW.

Oh wait you can’t…….. because none of that exists……..

Again you want to force people against their will to do something that they would not want to using something they put Their time, money and effort into.

Hmmm I wonder what that sounds like.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

I would hope if a person sent a quick PM to a commander about wanting to join up and explained their situation, that said commander wouldn’t be such a disgusting neck beard that they would exclude that person for their self-righteous “elaborate blob tacticz”.

My request is for anyone tagging up to be inclusive and grow your community. It needs the help.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Eater of Peeps.9062

It goes back to choice. No one should be forced to share a squad or allow someone in a squad.

If squad chat, team chat etc are being used to bully someone, then screenshot and report.

If it is in TS or Discord, it’s a third party program that Anet won’t enforce, but the third party one might.

Why shouldn’t they be forced to “share” a squad? Didn’t realize squad was a commodity to be shared. Prior to squads, the same zergs were running the same maps w/o cmdrs or TS.

People are forced to accommodate people all the time (think segregation, disabled, etc.). In this game, in wvw game mode, u r already “forced” by anet to share the server with me whether I am in squad with u or not. I am on the map with u. I am already there. Get it? U r already forced to share the map with me.

Also, y shouldn’t they be forced to allow ppl in squad? What’s the rationale for that? Especially when ur already, according to most of the naysayers on here, playing alongside me as I run alongside the zerg, and “its the same thing” (so I should just go run alongside). Similarly, y shouldn’t I just join squad? Especially since I would be helped, the squad would be helped (remember, the squad is NOT FULL), the server would be helped and the game would be helped. Also, if its just because u don’t like me – that is exclusionary bullying (my point exactly) – and u won’t like me whether I’m in squad or not or whether I’m running alongside u out of squad or running alongside u in squad. If u don’t want to hear my callouts/chat block me (in squad or out). If u just want to punish me (deprive me of buffs/xp/bags) that is punitive (my point again) and Anet should not allow it as it is not good sportsmanship and hurts the community and game.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Vicious.3042

Vicious.3042

which server is OP playing on?

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Sophie.6098

Sophie.6098

LOOOOL, This was great! I had tears from laughing so much <3 Thank you for posting this hahaha

Co-Lead[DKLT] The Darkness And The Light

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

@eater
Ur not gonna win any friends with that kind of argument.

I mean by that logic, we should be able to force players to play a certain way as well. There are games that “do” that. It almost mimicks a real life military kinda thing where the developers sets the rules, and you as a community have to find ways to work together with people you may or may not like to abide by them. i.e. you all play for ppt; you have to join a squad; upon joining the commander barks an order and you have to follow it or you get punished by the game in some way.

This would be a development choice made by the developers. They have not made this choice though for wvsw, so its up to the community to decide how they play. If ur community doesn’t play the way you want them to…..change it or find another, simple as that. You will be hardpressed to find one existing that does this, more than likely u will have to start ur own.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

i had to see this for myself.

Ahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaah

10/10 would read again!

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Ahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaah

10/10 would read again!

Potato!

It’s been ages!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Squad bullying

in WvW

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Lol…who cares about your Language. All TS is for is to listen to commander. Hell all you need to do is log to their TS, mute your volume on PC (not TS or kicked) and run around with them.

lol this really had nothing to do with me to begin with , I met this girl @ LA , she is new in gw2 , i try to help her , I told her to try wvw , a lot of loots , lvl fast , so she started , and this person in gw2 decided to play GOD , bullying her , and as a bystander , I stood up for her ,
the suicide rate , kids emotion , 1 word would end her life , this happen on internet all the time , if anyone would step in and help , , could save a life , maybe to him its not mean word , but what is mean word to 1 person and to another ?
either way , its over with , I’m glad they turn and pick on me and stop picking on the 12 year old girl just started gw2 a week ago , i posted this to let ppl aware that ppl need to think twice before saying mean thing online , never know who is behind the computer , could be someone very depress and just want to get online to play game but ended up the same way in rl and online , being bully !!!

I wasn’t trying to be cold but cyber bully within a game can be avoided. Ignore, stay out of TS and other options. Customer service can help with some issues but if going into TS is the root cause…stay out.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

Squad bullying

in WvW

Eater of Peeps.9062

@eater
Ur not gonna win any friends with that kind of argument.

I mean by that logic, we should be able to force players to play a certain way as well. There are games that “do” that. It almost mimicks a real life military kinda thing where the developers sets the rules, and you as a community have to find ways to work together with people you may or may not like to abide by them. i.e. you all play for ppt; you have to join a squad; upon joining the commander barks an order and you have to follow it or you get punished by the game in some way.

This would be a development choice made by the developers. They have not made this choice though for wvsw, so its up to the community to decide how they play. If ur community doesn’t play the way you want them to…..change it or find another, simple as that. You will be hardpressed to find one existing that does this, more than likely u will have to start ur own.

lol? Aren’t we saying the same thing?

Ur on a server playing as a team. U r forced into the same map w/ players u don’t like. U must work together. Anet set it up that way. They make the rules. They can also unmake them/change them. U have to find a way to work w/ people u don’t like for the greater good of the team/server. Take one for the gipper. U all play for pts/bags/xp, etc. U join the squad and the cmdr barks orders at u. We are in agreement.

However, if u enter map and u try to do all those things, like the game is set up for u to do, but one or more players arbitrarily blocks u from doing it as designed, that is unfair exclusionary and punitive.

U all seem to be forgetting that all of ur arguments, which might arguably make sense or might be convincing if the squad was full, simply do not apply in the scenario I am objecting to.

It does not matter if u like me – I am on the map playing beside u in or out of squad (if I bug u, block me or do w/e u like, but either way in or out of squad – u r forced to “play w/ me” – think high school baseball – I may be the last kid picked for the team, but I’m in the class/school already and I get to play and not be forced to sit on the bus and watch, or cheerlead endlessly till the captain of the squad feels benevolent – or worse, when he/she finally realizes that there’s no other players left to pick).

The squad performs better if I am in squad than out cuz I can target heals, receive buffs, etc. I perform better and die less (hence helping squad/server/team) if I am in squad than out.

If the squad is not full, it does not matter if I am running in circles, afk, picking my nose or whatever cuz there are still spots open for all others who want to join. And if I am out of squad doing those exact same behaviors there is no net difference to squad/team/server. However, if I want to play, and play earnestly and well, I will play better and survive better and help better if I am in squad than out, and the squad/team/server performs better as well.

See – “wah wah, its my squad I want to be a mean girl and exclude ppl from the club” types of arguments help no one. All of the seemingly reasonable justifications for a closed squad simply do not apply when the squad is not full, its prime time, the same squad has monopolized a map for hours on end and they are the only squad on map. People do whatever they do on the map in or out of squad, and if the squad is not full, people who want to join should be allowed to join. As a cmdr, u r representing ur server. Set an example. Be the heart of a truly friendly community.

And btw – I’m not here to win friends – I’m here to get anet to intervene to help with exclusionary punitive treatment of players by squads/cmdrs with access to a kick mechanic.

Squad bullying

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

LOOOOL, This was great! I had tears from laughing so much <3 Thank you for posting this hahaha

proving the OP point, of elitism and Bullying, how nice that you find laughter and joy from others suffering. Hope anet see’s this and takes note, and then strong arms a mechanic that forces everyone to play nicely with others.

aka. “The Complainer”

Squad bullying

in WvW

Sly.9518

I find it funny the OP is ignoring all the points I brought up, Lulz.

So OP what gives you the Right to force yourself into other players time and force them to play with you and force them to cater to you? What gives you the right to exploit their spent time, gold and effort for their Tag?

Again

You didn’t buy their Commander Tag so you can’t dictate who they choose to group with, and There is no rule or requirement that states Commanders must group with everyone or that people have to be in Squads to play WvW.

Also you wanting to force people against their will to group with players they don’t want to especially because they put in more time/effort/gold is some of the highest form of bullying, and is very similar to certain crimes.

So show us where Anet states everyone with a Tag has to allow everyone into their Squads, or how bout point out where it’s a requirement for being in a squad to play WvW, or how about show where the players that put in their time money and effort need to cater to you and are obligated to provide you access to their groups and their play time and their effort/time/money.

Oh and the sole fact that Anet allows Commanders to choose who is or is not in their Squad shows that this is intended and how they want it to be, since they made it this way.

(edited by Sly.9518)

Squad bullying

in WvW

Eater of Peeps.9062

Ur welcome.

Ur post proves my point. U think my concern for the game/players/myself at being excluded from playing featured content is soo funny. Just great. Nice constructive response. What’s next?

Squad bullying

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

10/10 would read again!

Potato!

It’s been ages!

Again, its very enlightening seeing who comes out of the woodwork in our community to support this type of behavior. #LordOfTheFlies you should all go read it sometime. and I was “told” we had the “friendliest” MMO community out there….. LOL.

I guess the bar isn’t set very high.

aka. “The Complainer”