Stealth Finishing

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: starhunter.6015

starhunter.6015

Am I the only one who thinks that a Thief or even Mesmer being able to finish one while fully stealthed unfair ? You can’t target or even defend while down, while back they fixed the Mesmer downed state to no longer require a target to activate to make it little more fair. So why does T/M get to do the finisher in full stealth ? They should least be pulled out of stealth once they attempt to finish.

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Mist Form, Elixir S, Distortion, Stability and Teleport

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

(edited by Turamarth.3248)

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

roll thief or mesmer…and you will post .."its fair they can do this "

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

nothing is fair in WvW …thats why its so fun

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Not once has it apparently occured to Anet that stomping is an attack and thus should reveal the player. Its been 3 years now. So yeah, not going to be fixed. Working as indeeded. Just like permastealth.

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

Every class has some way to finish without getting knocked out of it: stealth, stab, invuln, reflects, blinds.

So what’s so special about stealth finish that makes people whine about it over the other options?

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

You should not blame Stealth Finishing, you should blame the imbalance in downed skills.
Ele can deny 1 stomp, Mesmer can deny 1 stomp, a decent Thief can deny at least 1 stomp (well, it’s possible to port to your other location, but if you use #2 just before the stomp’s done, it’ll be.. almost 100%) .
All the other professions can’t deny the stomp (blind/stab/aegis/invul), only if the Stars decided that you’re lucky. That’s the problem, not stealth finishing.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Bubi.5237)

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Jay.7546

Jay.7546

It’s the silliest thing in the game being able to stomp in stealth. No matter what build or class no one should be able to hide in stealth when stomping. In WvW or PvP a stomp should break stealth so it can be seen and maybe stunned or knocked back by and ally. It’s just a cowardly move to me. As a ranger thieves are like snacks anway lol.

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

And what about an ele using mistform? At least you can still knock back people who are stealthed.

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Are people actually complaining about stealth stomping?

Attachments:

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Lol more and more ridiculous threads every day. Ele’s have mist form, engi has elixir S, ranger has signet of stone, guardians and warriors stability, etc etc etc. At least your still able to knockback t/m even in stealth, rather than throwing your skills at a target you can see and having them do nothing. It’s part of the game, always has been, and it’s always been fine so as far as I’m concerned there’s nothing to fix.

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Jorec.3716

Jorec.3716

For a second there I thought I’d finally perfected time travel because this is straight out of 2012.

Every class has some way to finish without getting knocked out of it: stealth, stab, invuln, reflects, blinds.

So what’s so special about stealth finish that makes people whine about it over the other options?

Some people apparently can’t take it if they can’t see themselves about to die because every other form of superior stomp enabling (stability, invulnerability, etc) is completely ok but stealth is cowardly and evil and mean and only for mean cowardly mean people.

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Every class except for the warrior has a method of interrupting or disrupting stealth stomping. And if the stealthed player is bad, the warrior also can, too.

Every class also has a guaranteed way to guarantee a stomp except against thieves, mesmers, and eles, which typically go down first under zerg conditions to begin with, and in a 1v1, can’t be attacking to rally during this period.

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Every class except for the warrior has a method of interrupting or disrupting stealth stomping..

Necros? Engis? Rangers (if no npc nearby)? You can’t target a stealthed player and you need a target for the necro/ranger skills.. and engi’s skill has the same behavior as warrior’s (maybe a bit more reliable at longer distances).
Warriors seems to think they’re alone in this department..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

If you are downed 1v1, you are dead anyway. If there are other people around, let them bomb the area around you to deny the stomp. Stealth != invulnerability.

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Every class except for the warrior has a method of interrupting or disrupting stealth stomping..

Necros? Engis? Rangers (if no npc nearby)? You can’t target a stealthed player and you need a target for the necro/ranger skills.. and engi’s skill has the same behavior as warrior’s (maybe a bit more reliable at longer distances).

Engi’s have the blast knockback and rangers have pets who can either fear the finisher away or taunt them to the pet instead. Necro yah your a little screwed but on average it’s no big deal (and yes I play necro quite a bit before anyone calls me put for not knowing the class lol).

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Engi’s have the blast knockback and rangers have pets who can either fear the finisher away or taunt them to the pet instead. Necro yah your a little screwed but on average it’s no big deal (and yes I play necro quite a bit before anyone calls me put for not knowing the class lol).

“Not a big deal” = “I don’t care if it’s necro, but if it’s warrior..!” okay
Don’t forget what was written in the post I responded to: “Every class except for the warrior has a method of interrupting or disrupting stealth stomping.”

If an Engi can use the 3rd ability… then same with the warrior, they can just semi-rally, run to the closest npc and kill it to rally (if traited, 100%)..
That’s if you have your 3rd ability ready to prevent the stomp… almost never happens during roaming, they have to fail to stomp you for so long that if they can stealth-stomp, they’ll do it before it’s ready.

And ranger.. If you take the pet/trait, If you don’t have recharge on pet swap (if not traited but pet or if your pet is killed), If you don’t have recharge on the command.. Yea, if the Stars says you’re lucky you can do it, but let’s not compare it to ele/mesmer/thief, it’s closer to warrior.

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Iavra.8510

Warriors and Engis can actually still interrupt a stealthed target if they are lucky enough to hit / know where it is.

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

“Not a big deal” = “I don’t care if it’s necro, but if it’s warrior..!” okay
Don’t forget what was written in the post I responded to: “Every class except for the warrior has a method of interrupting or disrupting stealth stomping.”

If an Engi can use the 3rd ability… then same with the warrior, they can just semi-rally, run to the closest npc and kill it to rally (if traited, 100%)..
That’s if you have your 3rd ability ready to prevent the stomp… almost never happens during roaming, they have to fail to stomp you for so long that if they can stealth-stomp, they’ll do it before it’s ready.

And ranger.. If you take the pet/trait, If you don’t have recharge on pet swap (if not traited but pet or if your pet is killed), If you don’t have recharge on the command.. Yea, if the Stars says you’re lucky you can do it, but let’s not compare it to ele/mesmer/thief, it’s closer to warrior.

If the stars are aligned?

Beast Within is an incredibly popular trait. There is zero reason to run without BM as a ranger in any game mode of the current meta unless you are a zergling. The cooldown is 15sec. How much shorter should it be?

Suppose its on cooldown: maybe you took wolf and his F2 is available? This is a very common pet for a reason.

Suppose no wolf or Zephyr Speed instead of Beast Within: Pet swap for quickness + Allies Aid rez is one of the fastest rezzes in the game (its faster than a stomp even without the quickness).

Hilt Bash doesn’t need a target, and you know where the stomper is standing.
Same for Path of Scars.
Same for Spike trap.

Ranger also has the best access to reveal to combat the stealth stomp in the first place. Soon we will have dragon hunter traps pulling people right out of stealth!
Ranger is also a class that can stealth stomp…

The only stomping that I can think of that doesn’t have counter play is distortion stomping.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

(edited by Raven.9603)

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Iavra.8510

Well, you can stealth the victim and even that stomp will fail.

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Stealth stomp or stability stomp. I dont see any difference to be fair.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Yup I finally agree with you on something darksyze, 3 years later and people are still making stupid complaints.

Move on people, stability stomping, mist form stomping, port stomping, and elixer s stomping are all far superior to stealth stomping.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Stealth Finishing

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yup I finally agree with you on something darksyze, 3 years later and people are still making stupid complaints.

Move on people, stability stomping, mist form stomping, port stomping, and elixer s stomping are all far superior to stealth stomping.

Chuck in quickness procs on these stomps for extra effect.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.