[Suggestion] WvW supply mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Please introduce supply mastery for the advance players that have a very high rank of 2k or more. I run all alone and always want to build trebs and catas to counter other trebs and catas, but due to the limit requirement of 25 max supply and in the worst case scenario 15 max supply, I have to make 8 trips just to build a treb.

With supply mastery you can carry 60 supply so that building a treb only costs 2 trips.
This will also make use of the world ability points that are currently unused.

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Please introduce supply mastery for the advance players that have a very high rank of 2k or more. I run all alone and always want to build trebs and catas to counter other trebs and catas, but due to the limit requirement of 25 max supply and in the worst case scenario 15 max supply, I have to make 8 trips just to build a treb.

With supply mastery you can carry 60 supply so that building a treb only costs 2 trips.
This will also make use of the world ability points that are currently unused.

You’ve made an excellent argument for maintaining the status quo.

Besides that, changing the max would also increase the amount of supply that the zerg could carry and increase the rate of depletion from each depot.

Plus, we already have the Guild Treb, which requires only 100 supply, i.e. four trips from a fully buffed keep.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

I like OP’s suggestion, but there are a few problems. If zergs and large guild groups were running around with 60 supply on each person, WvW would very quickly become Siege Wars with tons and tons of arrow carts and ballistas being deployed in every single fight. I don’t know what that would look like, and frankly don’t want to know.

Then there’s objectives. Even small groups could deploy catas and rams much faster, thus being able to take on T3 keeps and objectives much faster. Without the need to run back and forth resupplying, defenders would have much less time to notice the attack and react to it.

Finally, it would make trolling much easier; keeps and towers could be drained faster, just to keep the supply or waste it in useless siege in the middle of nowhere. At the current rate, nobody bothers to start draining a 1000-supply keep with the cap of 25.

One solution is to make the 60 supply cap for “roamers only”, which means if you’re not in a party or a squad, your supply cap is higher. This, of course, would bring a new set of problems; people would simply not party up when they run together.

However it might be, we NEED new ways to spend the extra points we get after 1000, and it should be discussed more.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

BRING BACK GUARD STACKS!

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i do not like this idea game need to remove supply from the game not add it.

had it my way i raise seige cost by 3x to force more fights over just bunkering under 2 cata to ninja a tower lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I’d gladly pay 500-1000 rank points from the pile of unused points I have now just to get an extra +5 supply though. I’d pay the same amount again for an extra 10% damage to gates and walls.

Anything to reduce the tedium, tbh.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Rather than raising the supply cap to the point that 8 rams per gate because child’s play, how about reducing the cost of trebs instead?

That said, I don’t think they need a reduction, but if you’re trying to solve the issue you presented then that’s a better way to approach it.