The stunfest has to stop

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Mindless spamming stuns because somebody thought it is fan to have them in 20 seconds CD and not having anything against constant stuns is kitten .

Do please make so after being stunned you can’t be stunned for 1 second.

Right now you get stunned and another long lasting stun like the Chronos Well comes and you can do nothing but to watch the warrior kill you however they please. This is kitten balance and has to stop. And simply because as soon as you stun break the other stun comes right there. You use your skills game tells you to bug off.

And it is not fun not skill when the stuns are instant ranged AoE.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Do please make so after being stunned you can’t be stunned for 1 second.

Guild Wars 1 had knockdowns as the “hard” CC which allowed a ~1/2 second safe period after the effect expired. So spamming the knockdowns on an already knockdown foe didn’t stack nor reset the effect. You actually had to think a little harder and chain another in order to minimize that “safe” period.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why i always fail to stun enemy, but enemy always stun me?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Maybe it’s just the lack of a stunning personality?

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

He’s got stab, you don’t?

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

*Make stability-granting stunbreaks only grant stab when breaking stun, minus a few notable exceptions like stand your ground.
*Add stability to all stunbreaks, at various degrees, that is granted when a stun is broken.
*Cull the anti-cc traits like last stand as well as the punish-cc traits like mirror anguish.

Put an end to this non-sense of both passive cc defense and ineffective stunbreaking.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

I wholeheartedly agree with OP. Hard CC’s are just plain bad design and unfun gameplay. World of Warcraft did the same thing around Cataclysm and it almost killed their pvp scene until they nerfed it.

CCCP….

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

To be honest with you, they actually need to go back and rebalance the whole freaking game, and then relaunch it.

The amount of CC is so insanely high in this game, that new bosses literally have to have a “break bar”, where the entire goal is to spam CC up until the bar is gone.

CC is actually incredibly stupid in WvW, because it makes a singular person feel helpless unless they have a big burly Guardian (or 3) in their group to give them stability.

Here’s the circle of WvW balance.

Loads of CC -> Need more stability -> too much boon spam, need more corruption -> even more CC -> Need even more stability -> need even more corruption

Even if you subtracted the power creep that happened damage wise in the game, the power creep that has happened boon, CC, and corruption wise is immense.

The only way I can see this ever actually being fixed, is to do a full rebalance. Because PvE is also going to need to be rebalanced around the fewer strong CCs.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

(edited by TheOneWhoSighs.7513)

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

The amount of CC is so insanely high in this game, that new bosses literally have to have a “break bar”, where the entire goal is to spam CC up until the bar is gone.

This is the core issue. They put the breakbar system in PvE. Yet, as they’re obviously unable to design a challenging content without it being an endless pool of HP or “break that endless bar or die from the attack”, they had to give a liberal access to CC to some classes.

And now, we’re in WvW, with the exact same liberal access to CC, which allows some classes to completely disable a player. I purposely say player and not toon, because it comes to the point even with lots of stun breakers and stability access, you could just as well go do something else for your character is locked. God forbid, even their NPC’s have a liberal access to CC !

That’s the new challenging system guys ! Allow the player to make actual actions only 10% of playtime !

So, as many said previously : 1,5s of total (hard) CC immunity after each CC. Keep them for tactical purposes. Locking a player so that the war can use hundread blades without too much hassle is no tactic.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Diminishing returns on hard CC would be more then welcome and would also make people think about their skills instead of mindlessly spamming away for max effect.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

stuns are ok. ppl just need to get better at playing the game. :/

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Trajan.4953

Always a quick quip like this.

How about you contribute to the conversation with a well thought out post detailing why you think this way other than trying to be cute and denigrate others?

CCCP….

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

practice your profession.

1. familiarize yourself with range of enemy skills.

2. most common attacks are buff veil rush and bomb x dodge and bomb. knowing what to expect half the time, get of that range and counter.

3. coordinate in ts. and more practice.

problem here is… a bit of ignorance in fights but can be covered by a good tactician.

else, you have saffron x melandru

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

practice your profession.

1. familiarize yourself with range of enemy skills.

2. most common attacks are buff veil rush and bomb x dodge and bomb. knowing what to expect half the time, get of that range and counter.

3. coordinate in ts. and more practice.

problem here is… a bit of ignorance in fights but can be covered by a good tactician.

else, you have saffron x melandru

1. You can’t do that in a group fight bigger than 5. Most stun skills are ranged, almost instant cast and don’t have any tells.

2. If you would be any good in wvw you would know already the stunfest comes after the initial i go,no go- bomb bite – i go phase. With 20 seconds CD stuns you are in the middle of the fight when it happens again.

3. Not practice either TS will save you from the stunfest if you are out of stab . Which only the guard has plenty. But again this is WvW and not your EotM small guild of 5 vs small guild of 7.

4. Safron or melandru won’t save you from shutting down in an stunfest.

This game has many toxic mechanics many other games try to avoid for PvP game type. Constant disabling skills able to completely shut down a player or one shot builds aren’t fun for anybody. This thread is about the first.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

1. i do it with a group of 30 plus to a map blob. have an ele x necro, and you will know.

2. normally if my push succeeds, enemy dies. if i mis it, we sustain regroup and go for an iteration.

my blob fights against sfr against fsp against vabi lasts 20 s to 5 minutes.

3. actually it does. i lead in ts. a difference of an enemy wipe or my team is based on ppl listening and executing to those getting to kitteny and farmed.

4. it does as a last result by reducing the duration. you wont have to rely on it because your not supposed to soak damage.

5. skill gap between players and knowing the game.mechanics give an advantage.

problem game has is server lag and need wvw server upgrading.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Using breakbars and bosses as an example as to how CC is a fail is faulty reasoning as Bosses are still AI and not players. Bosses also have more hitpoints than the typical player. They have AOE type skills not available to players. They have those things not because Stuns and CC are op or damage is too much. They have those things because they are AI and AI still has a long way to go before it can compete with real live players where things like Health, skills and the like are equalized.

If in a 1v1 most classes have enough tools to deal with stuns if they choose to trait for such. If they suddenly start lowering the number of stuns or increasing the means of dealing with the same wherein a single player facing a group is able to deal with being focused down, then stuns in lower scale fights become pointless.

Stunlock IMO can only be defined as an issue IF in a 1v1 a given class can lock down another with stuns no matter how the latter class traits.

The real issue is that once we are dueling with groups of players rather then a 1v1 what was adequate to defend reasonably well against one player can never be adequate to deal with against a group.

Its less “there too much CC” in the game and more “when one player focused he can be locked down in so many ways there little he can do to survive”. That said , if I am being focused by multiple players that are not even using CC , my odds of survival also plummet. The perceived issue with too much CC runs across the entire gamut of traits and skills when we talk about larger group fights with threads started that “there too many conditions in the game” , there “too many boons in the game” and “there too much power damage in the game” and so on.

Now I tend to play thief most of the time and that class really does not have access to much in the way of stability so trust me when i say this. If stuns and CC become less usable using some of the means suggested , other classes may not like the results .

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

There is far too much CC, but there is also far too much access to potent, permanent boons, and far too much access to invulns and blocks/negation as well.

The way things are right now, you can’t kill people without locking them out of playing their characters, because most professions are just immune to everything and super mobile/reset-capable for good portions of every fight.

If they nerf CC, they need to nerf everything else.

And I’m not at all opposed to that.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

There is far too much CC, but there is also far too much access to potent, permanent boons, and far too much access to invulns and blocks/negation as well.

The way things are right now, you can’t kill people without locking them out of playing their characters, because most professions are just immune to everything and super mobile/reset-capable for good portions of every fight.

I fully agree, though it’s hard to put the genie back in the bottle once it’s loose.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Well said.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I just really started getting into WvW and i noticed this almost instantly…ended up spending my day flipping camps and helping sieges when they where up and avoiding everyone i came across because it just wasnt enjoyable.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Trajan.4953

Nailed it.

CCCP….

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

Just wait until the spellbreaker elite

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Xehanort.7936

Xehanort.7936

Stuns aren’t that annoying. What really screwed up things for me as WvW being a peekaboo game, everyone now has some nuclear engines up their kitten and is always flying around.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

If you constantly fall victim to hard CC, here’s some reasons.

-You are bad at the game.
-You are built incorrectly to handle CC. (I sure would love to only take offensive options but I need to respect that stability is strong against skilled/smart opponents and outnumbered fights).
-Your teams composition or mechanics are not conducive to providing reliable stability.

There needs to be more CC than stunbreaks in the game. Otherwise, CC would have no place. Kiting/mobility would be the only viable strategy.

Sure, there is powercreep in this game. There is too much of everything, often in fairly even amounts. And if you aren’t smart enough to use your stability and stunbreaks wisely, you deserve to get obliterated.

Some real advice is to learn tells and respect the CC your opponents have. Build around outplaying people, not min-maxing defense and offense.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

1 stack of stab can only be removed .8th of a second. this was added to gw2 to counter being CC lock it use to remove 1 stack of stab every .3th of a second.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

lol @ people who play everyday and say it’s a l2p issue and “git gud”. That would explain their backpedaling tactics.
Hard CC always was strong, that’s why from day 1 all you needed was warriors and guardians and you could plow through everything as a guild group, which is not possible anymore because the stability changes and all the new high damage ranged skills + cc added to them. Killing a decent blob is hardly possible anymore.
That being said if they stop adding high range stuns it will be much better.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

If you constantly fall victim to hard CC, here’s some reasons.

-You are bad at the game.
-You are built incorrectly to handle CC. (I sure would love to only take offensive options but I need to respect that stability is strong against skilled/smart opponents and outnumbered fights).
-Your teams composition or mechanics are not conducive to providing reliable stability.

There needs to be more CC than stunbreaks in the game. Otherwise, CC would have no place. Kiting/mobility would be the only viable strategy.

Sure, there is powercreep in this game. There is too much of everything, often in fairly even amounts. And if you aren’t smart enough to use your stability and stunbreaks wisely, you deserve to get obliterated.

Some real advice is to learn tells and respect the CC your opponents have. Build around outplaying people, not min-maxing defense and offense.

This.

A sample build.

Base guard has 2 stun break. 3 stabs if holowed ground

Rev has herald trait that can stun break – glint or demon stance.

ele has stability boons. or can be range pressure.

necro has stunbreak on shroud. reaper.

durability runes or melandru and saffron etc.

oOo

sorry guys, it’s really a familiarize with the game mechanics issue.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

lol @ people who play everyday and say it’s a l2p issue and “git gud”. That would explain their backpedaling tactics.
Hard CC always was strong, that’s why from day 1 all you needed was warriors and guardians and you could plow through everything as a guild group, which is not possible anymore because the stability changes and all the new high damage ranged skills + cc added to them. Killing a decent blob is hardly possible anymore.
That being said if they stop adding high range stuns it will be much better.

ranged stun are not what make you get CC lock it boon strips.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I was saying this in March (it’s 2017, for the record): https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Stunlock-Needs-to-Go/first

I’ve been stunlocked by one or two players and then spiked down in moments. I’ve built to be super tanky as a consequence and usually survive, albeit barely.

The stuns in Guild Wars 2 are a problem at the moment. I don’t know whether it’s a combination of multiple enemies hitting one player it or whether it’s a single super-long stun or a spammable stun on a the class that doesn’t have cooldowns (Thief).

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

CrashTheGrey.1492

I was saying this in March (it’s 2017, for the record): https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Stunlock-Needs-to-Go/first

I’ve been stunlocked by one or two players and then spiked down in moments. I’ve built to be super tanky as a consequence and usually survive, albeit barely.

The stuns in Guild Wars 2 are a problem at the moment. I don’t know whether it’s a combination of multiple enemies hitting one player it or whether it’s a single super-long stun or a spammable stun on a the class that doesn’t have cooldowns (Thief).

Multiple Enemies lining up CC on a single enemy…. as if a single player should reliably be able to shrug off multiple people at once CCing them with good timing. (Fun Fact, you can do this, if you aren’t garbage and/or you have a nice bro willing to stab you in a decent team composition.)

If a group of 4 people is smart enough to strip your stability source early and lock you down, it’s a valid tactic where a person was Outplayed/outgunned.

Comfortable in saying that when I can run into a group of 30 kittenin people and make it out on multiple classes by utilizing good skill usage, and/or good teammates, CC is not a surplus comparatively to it’s counters.

Yes, you can all “git gud”. Run builds that round out your weaknesses, or find people that let you specialize. It’s like people are allergic to thinking but certainly not complaining.

(edited by CrashTheGrey.1492)

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Multiple Enemies lining up CC on a single enemy…. as if a single player should reliably be able to shrug off multiple people at once CCing them with good timing. (Fun Fact, you can do this, if you aren’t garbage and/or you have a nice bro willing to stab you in a decent team composition.)

If a group of 4 people is smart enough to strip your stability source early and lock you down, it’s a valid tactic where a person was Outplayed/outgunned.

Comfortable in saying that when I can run into a group of 30 kittenin people and make it out on multiple classes by utilizing good skill usage, and/or good teammates, CC is not a surplus comparatively to it’s counters.

Yes, you can all “git gud”. Run builds that round out your weaknesses, or find people that let you specialize. It’s like people are allergic to thinking but certainly not complaining.

Nike warriors telling people to “git gud”.

Can I have 8 full seconds of invuln that comes in 2 pieces, that both literally come with stun break, one of them is automatic.

Bucket loads of mobility, pulsing resistance, and a 25 second cooldown block (20s when traited), condi cleanse on weapon swap (+ faster weapon swap), immobilize clear every single time I use a movement ability (Of which I literally carry around 4).

Yeah, hun.

It’s a hell of a lot easier for a nike warrior to get away 1v30 than it is for say, a Necro, that struggles to even fit swiftness on its bar let alone more than 1 stun break/condi cleanse.

It’s like the warrior class was built specifically to be extremely durable in a very selfish way, or something.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

CrashTheGrey.1492

Nike warriors telling people to “git gud”.

Can I have 8 full seconds of invuln that comes in 2 pieces, that both literally come with stun break, one of them is automatic.

Bucket loads of mobility, pulsing resistance, and a 25 second cooldown block (20s when traited), condi cleanse on weapon swap (+ faster weapon swap), immobilize clear every single time I use a movement ability (Of which I literally carry around 4).

Yeah, hun.

It’s a hell of a lot easier for a nike warrior to get away 1v30 than it is for say, a Necro, that struggles to even fit swiftness on its bar let alone more than 1 stun break/condi cleanse.

It’s like the warrior class was built specifically to be extremely durable in a very selfish way, or something.

I play a lot of different characters, and tend to play with people that understand basic synergistic qualities. If you want to strawman that I main warrior, I will refute that this thread is about CC in general. Necro gets to stack 40 bleeds and nuke enormous aoe(they usually aren’t right up front eh), Warrior gets to eat a lot of CC (it’s your frontline)….

Are we suddenly talking about class specific access to stability? One word. Composition. A prepared group/individual brings the tools to deal with a variety of situations they could run into. I’ve run without individual access to stab many times before, but when I solo roam, it makes sense to take tools that work well for outnumbered fighting and shirking control effects. This can be stab, and also any number of active mitigation tools other classes have that warrior does not. It’s much easier to juke people on my mesmer than to try and bust out of a thirsty zerg on warrior. CS mass invis? Torch 4, blink, phase retreat?

Sure Necro has it rough (deathly chill more than makes up for it). That’s why he have friends that play real classes. (Just kidding, but everyone has a role to play and CC is something you can very easily counter with smart play and teamwork).

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

I play a lot of different characters, and tend to play with people that understand basic synergistic qualities. If you want to strawman that I main warrior, I will refute that this thread is about CC in general. Necro gets to stack 40 bleeds and nuke enormous aoe(they usually aren’t right up front eh), Warrior gets to eat a lot of CC (it’s your frontline)….

It is about CC in general, and as I said before, it’s a giant freaking circle.

The amount of CC in the game is directly proportional to the amount of boon rips & mitigation in the freaking game.

You wouldn’t be refuting anything by saying Warrior’s meant to absorb lots of CC and damage, you’d merely be explaining why there’s so much freaking CC in the first place.

Not that warrior is even taken in WvW anymore, outside of BS roaming builds, because that’s how much boon rip & CC is in the game. Warrior as a class has frankly been out scaled.

Nobody can afford to take a more selfish front liner, so everyone takes more Guardians & Revenants. Along with more Reapers in order to strip the front lines of the stab & resistance they’re pumping out.

Like I explained before, it’s a giant circle of never ending power creep until the game is rebalanced.

Yes, you’re right. Today a group can minimize the effects of crap loads of CC with crap loads of stab.

And today a grroup can minimize the effects of crap loads of stab with crap loads of boon rips.

And tomorrow boon rips will be even more plentiful.

And in the next few months stability & condi cleanse will be even more plentiful.

And in the next few months condies & boon rips will be even more plentiful.

And in the next few months…

Seeing it yet?

Because I’m a bit sick of the elitist mentality of “Everything is fine because you can just do X” when power creep comes into question.

I’ll say it again, there’s so much CC in the game, that a small group can spam it to break a boss’s bar.

The fact that that isn’t throwing off signals in everyone’s head that “Maybe that’s not a good thing”, is beyond me.

The existence of a CC break bar on bosses, should be a sign that there’s too much CC in the game.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

Always a quick quip like this.

How about you contribute to the conversation with a well thought out post detailing why you think this way other than trying to be cute and denigrate others?

Well, he is right, isnt he?
CC = Crowd control, so the zerg thats better at controlling the other crowd has the right to win this fight, working as intended I guess. Theres a reason why you cant counter them, even tho you play the same classes with the same skills; sometimes theyre simply better

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Best way to counter stuns is stay inside towers/keeps and use siege.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Stuns are well balanced for WvW currently. Theres stability that negates it, and theres resistance that negates fear that you get from getting your stability corrupted.
If your party has none of these boons, fix that.

Also ye stunbreaks are necessary in the current meta, thats why revenants run https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Harmonize_Continuity and necros play relatively safe due to lack of stunbreaks.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: zezuils beast.1204

zezuils beast.1204

Git gud get stab

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: JahCool.3812

JahCool.3812

Nope CC is not a problem. Look at the perspective of the enemy. What can an enemy zerg throw at you that can stunlock you? Grav well, corrupted stab, shocking aura, necro elite etc. can be easily countered. Number 1 is positioning. I usually play ele and necro in my guild’s organized run and I am one of the last ones to die. Why? Because i know where to stand when to dodge and my very important get out of jail skill that i always have. My mentality in a zerg is that the guardian stab is a luxury I don’t trust it to be always available. I have lightning flash on my ele to insta get me in a safe position and one stunbreak for my necro plus i immeadiately go to shroud when i know i will get bombed to soak the damage.

Last is experience. I used to play full zerk staff ele pre HoT even without the power creep back then you can still imagine how squishy it is to play full zerk. That is where I learned how to survive by proper positioning cause now i play full cele tempest ( i hate minstrels too boring) and run boonstrip marauder necro these 2 builds are not as tanky as others but i don’t complain about stunlocks and getting bombed. Why? Because they are an upgrade to my full zerk build when it comes to survivability so i can play more relaxed now and more importantly I don’t complain when I die during a clash cause I know it’s my fault for not playing better because the game already gave me my get out of jail skills and I didn’t utilize it.

Also try roaming and dueling other people more. It helps in the long run because it improves your muscle memory and helps with class matchup awareness

tl;dr : git gud? What do you think?

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Git gud get stab

This… I’m sorry but there is nothing else to it. And if you claim to be good then it’s corruptions and bon removals that is you’re problem not the stuns themselves.

IF any of you guys who complain about getting cced actually were good players neither of you would be complaining aobut it. Thats just the nature of this topic.

You really dont need any more visual clues than the red circles. That is because if you know which classes can use ccs at different ranges, and corrupts at different ranges you also know where to stand and when to dodge to NOT lose your stab. You also know that if you have a skill that gives stab you use it proactively.
If the fight is drawn out for a longer period of time you would also have a feeling for when the enemies cc is ready.
It really isnt a problem with the cc, its a learning curve. You have no right to claim to be good in wvw and at the same time complain about mechanics that mostother players deal with successfully.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

CrashTheGrey.1492

Most issues in this and any game can honestly be answered with “how could I have approached/executed this better?” It’s a question I ask myself in every game I play.

I record most of my roaming and sometimes when I’m less experienced on a class I go back and see the tools I didn’t use right. And when I’m experienced on a class, I sort of know right away when I made a horrible mistake. It’s very often that I say “aw man, I goofed hard.” I try to play with people that are more likely to say “oops” than “this is kitten and overpowered.” They are fun to be around, and they win more.

I recommend every single person complaining about CC in this thread to ask yourself how often you get frustrated compared to how often you actively look for a solution. Be honest with yourself.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I’m not opposed to stunbreaks providing a .5 second cc immunity.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

I wonder if all the players who just say “git gud” wont come back on here complaining about being condi spammed and constantly cc’ed after PoF launches and their stability and resistance is constantly being removed/corrupted.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

CrashTheGrey.1492

I wonder if all the players who just say “git gud” wont come back on here complaining about being condi spammed and constantly cc’ed after PoF launches and their stability and resistance is constantly being removed/corrupted.

I’ll be on spellbreaker drinking tears from a gallon jug.

GIT GUUUUUUUDDDDDD

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

I’ll be on spellbreaker drinking tears from a gallon jug.

GIT GUUUUUUUDDDDDD

Scourge, there goes your spellbreaker.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

I recommend every single person complaining about CC in this thread to ask yourself how often you get frustrated compared to how often you actively look for a solution. Be honest with yourself.

The vast majority of the time I look for a solution.

However, when I come to the forums to discuss WvW, I’m not here to show off my 20 ft long waffle that I some how found a toaster large enough to toast.

I’m here to discuss balance, and things that I perceive as issues.

And that’s where you’ve lost me entirely.

You used to be able to reasonably play a selfish class in WvW, and in GvGs having 2 people playing gank used to be pretty standard.

Now the entire gamemode is a melee train, and you’re screaming “get good” because I’d like to scale back down into the days where playing gank was viable. And where gank wasn’t just a dodge spamming B.S. fest.

Anyone can adapt, but I suppose it takes a bit of a different thought process to look at the big picture and go “This seems wrong”.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

CrashTheGrey.1492

The vast majority of the time I look for a solution.

However, when I come to the forums to discuss WvW, I’m not here to show off my 20 ft long waffle that I some how found a toaster large enough to toast.

I’m here to discuss balance, and things that I perceive as issues.

And that’s where you’ve lost me entirely.

You used to be able to reasonably play a selfish class in WvW, and in GvGs having 2 people playing gank used to be pretty standard.

Now the entire gamemode is a melee train, and you’re screaming “get good” because I’d like to scale back down into the days where playing gank was viable. And where gank wasn’t just a dodge spamming B.S. fest.

Anyone can adapt, but I suppose it takes a bit of a different thought process to look at the big picture and go “This seems wrong”.

Sure I can agree. It’s ALLLL wrong though. Not just CC. The Power Creep is insane, and it’s not going to change. I wish it would too, and god knows we’ve all called for it to stop.

That being said, I do believe that CC is not overbearing currently with the insane amount of passive defenses and active mitigation in the game. With reductions, I think survival/sustain would be far too high.

Without seeing the actual skill levels of people complaining about these things, it’s really hard to gauge if it’s healthy discussion or people that could simply play better. Let me put it this way:

If I can reliably win outnumbered fights in WvW (and I do), it’s not because i’m some super gosu no life, it’s because I see so many people with no idea what the hell they are doing. It’s crazy how low the median mechanical skill level is in this game. Certain things like this are worrisome (if arenanet were to hop on some of these cries for CC to be lessened, it could completely destroy any semblance of balance). Stuff like the primal burst nerf being a bad idea are not as immediately impactful.

It’s fair to make complaints, and people should. On this specific front, I feel it’s just not productive and it’s inaccurate to the reality of current in game functions.

But that just, like, my opinion man.

(edited by CrashTheGrey.1492)

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

CC such as stuns used to be few and far between which meant having trouble with them was more of a “you dont have a stunbreak what a noob” problem but now the dispersion of them is so common its honestly a waste of your time to use a stunbreak skill because those have 50~ second CD’s and most classes have multiple 20-30 second CD stuns. simple math suggest your better off taking anything that grants stab block or full immunity. 1v1 its become more a game of who can bait the enemy to waste their stuns and ZvZ its a slightly more interesting but more punishing game of. “who can gain stab corrupt stab and place more CC” type kitten. A good ZvZ or GvG ball is generally immune to CC as a whole. but in small groups or 1v1 stuns are guaranteed downs.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

It’s cheap to just yell “git gud” without putting some thoughts in it. There’re many types of players looking for various things, and I’m usually more eager to think the issue with the “player” factor coming last. There’re some things not truly involving the player factor that need to be underlined :

• Stunbreakers and stability skills (and passives to a lesser extent) are scarce with high CD’s, while CC’s have recently multiplied. There’s an asymetry here that allows for builds to stunlock a player.
  • The stability change doesn’t help, for the same reason, because CC’s can be spammed. Put back stability the way resistance works, and a lot of stunlock will vanish. It’s really ironic to see that they decided to change stability “for the better” and yet they go back to the very same design for resistance.
  • What does “git gud” imply ? Is it working and training 10 hours a day with every classes in a maximum amount of PvP fights ? I’m overdoing it here, but there’s a learning curve, and if the curve is unfriendly to most players but hardcore getting ready for WvW olympics, then this may be an issue for the game.
  • If you really think about it… Is it really desirable for a game to allow any mechanic to just lock a player, preventing him to do anything but watch his toon melt in the few seconds that requires ? Does it really pushes the players to get better, and come back in game for more fun ?

It may be a matter of “git gud”, and I also regret that the small scale scene gets harder and harder to enjoy. But I truly thing that it boils down to a “game philosophy” issue : what the game allows, what it doesn’t, what is considered enjoyable, etc. In that matter, I don’t think that stunlock should exist, in any case.

(edited by ThomasC.1056)

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

I literally have no issues with this, I think that a DR for stuns is a good thing but Stability is the counter to Hard CC so not sure DR is needed. For everyone crying about this including the OP.

If your running in a Zerg and your getting CC’ed get in a voice chat.

if that doesn’t fix it, does your zerg have stability for your group?

If your running as a pug in a zerg and you want to do WvW more seriously, join a WvW guild.

As a commander that runs into a zerg spamming condi marks and damage and stuns and CC’s I never have this issue nor does my guild and or zergs. Mainly cause I set 2 Stability’s per a group. if your having issues getting CC’ed than adress it with your commander, if they tell you to kitten than leave the group and find a guild that knows how to do WvW fights and not a PvT commander.

but complaining cause your with the wrong commander or a bad commander or you have a lack of ability to find a guild that runs WvW respectably, then calling for the nerf just makes you look like a Bad player, when if fact you may be a good player this makes your look bad.

The stunfest has to stop

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Go warrior with rousing resilience then. You’ll have a seriously hard time dying to anything other than extreme focus fire if you put enough stun breakers into your build and enough condi clears.

I’d say run saffron bread, and you kno you probably should run it since even condi attacks do power damage. I feel like there needs to be a condition variant of saffron bread. That does 20% condi damage reduction when stunned, knocked…etc…

BUT CONDI IS OUR FRIEND, WE MUST ACCEPT IT AS A HIGHER POWER.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]