Tier balance ? EU

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

One more dissapointment from A-net again, that after 2 weeks from relink they don;t consider yet to manaul adjust glicko , considering that linking last only 2 months.
I am not even sure how much A-net check the wvw but i can say is boring to own a tier 3 stonemist 12-14 hours a day for over 2 weeks against lower populated servers.
2 weeks ago , as a group of guilds /pugs we decided to stack on Vabbi in order to get it in tier 1-2 ….. Despite the fact that server went on " high populated status " 3 days after linking , and the fact that as “position 15” server we manage to win against servers like number 7-9 last weeks, while having the second most active active kills /deaths eu , with hightest K/D ratio , we got no atention from A-net so far. So i am wondering how much actualy takes for A-net to balance server tiers, considering that linking is 2 months long only ?

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

i don’t understand your request. you went from “position 15” to “position 9” this week and you are fighting servers #10 and #12. seems like glicko already is adjusting. no need for anet manual intervention. now you have to win this matchup and rise ranks some more to fight t1-2 servers.

and despite bandwagon to vabbi, you barely beat bb/drakkar last week. if you want to leapfrog straight away to t1-2 you have to destroy them by a lot. that way you gain more rating.

(edited by henchmen.1856)

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

They should care about Eotm too. Green usually have largest numbers and facerolls.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I don’t mean this is a nasty way, but Rayya, you and all your server-hopping pals are the reason WvW never gets balanced.

Anet have stated before that the system takes time to work. When people transfer servers en masse you mess up the algorithm. It’s Anet’s fault really, they shouldn’t allow transfers at any time, there should be specific time windows to do transferring.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Garrus.7403

Garrus.7403

I don’t mean this is a nasty way, but Rayya, you and all your server-hopping pals are the reason WvW never gets balanced.

Anet have stated before that the system takes time to work. When people transfer servers en masse you mess up the algorithm. It’s Anet’s fault really, they shouldn’t allow transfers at any time, there should be specific time windows to do transferring.

Atleast in EU everyone stacking on fsp is destroying wvw. We could have stayed on fsp with TT and our friends but we moved out because it was boring to one push everything. We try to create a server to face and fight fsp. If we wanted ez mode we would have stayed on fsp m8.

I Will Raiden
Why So Serious?

(edited by Garrus.7403)

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Atleast in EU everyone stacking on fsp is destroying wvw. We could have stayed on fsp with TT and our friends but we moved out because it was boring to one push everything. We try to create a server to face and fight fsp. If we wanted ez mode we would have stayed on fsp m8.

Seems to me you would have been better off going straight to a higher placed server so that you could face FSP.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Well said Svarty, theyre the cause of this problem.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

One more dissapointment from A-net again, that after 2 weeks from relink they don;t consider yet to manaul adjust glicko , considering that linking last only 2 months.
I am not even sure how much A-net check the wvw but i can say is boring to own a tier 3 stonemist 12-14 hours a day for over 2 weeks against lower populated servers.
2 weeks ago , as a group of guilds /pugs we decided to stack on Vabbi in order to get it in tier 1-2 ….. Despite the fact that server went on " high populated status " 3 days after linking , and the fact that as “position 15” server we manage to win against servers like number 7-9 last weeks, while having the second most active active kills /deaths eu , with hightest K/D ratio , we got no atention from A-net so far. So i am wondering how much actualy takes for A-net to balance server tiers, considering that linking is 2 months long only ?

Considering 90% of the people you brought with you hardly ppt, instead spending their time dying around stone mist, as opposed to defending a t2 map, or helping on reset night. i’d say our ranking is deserved, if you want to go higher, stop letting gunnars hold carry you and do some of the work required to get you up to position 1.

The game isn’t balanced around k/d ratio, i know this might be hard to understand for you poor dear, so read this one word at a time, take a break if you need to.

PPT harder plz xoxoxoxo

Also hi vavume, soon we will be fighting you just like the good ol days

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Well said Svarty, theyre the cause of this problem.

People should get their WvW rank reseted each time they would transfer over
And there should be only a 2 -3 times server swap in a year.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Rank resets kind of sound appealing – maybe something else in addition to that besides swap limits.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Rayya.2591

@ svarty, i remmeber you as some necro from piken that ask for enemy com focus, you are the biju of piken
@ vaacrow, Gh was 15 when we came here, you were always bottom tier, , the only reason they get in top 10 is because vabi carry, sorry for the 10 decent guys on gunnar , but rest are crap:)

no.1 WvW kills

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Rayya.2591

by constant transfering i /we support a-net with gems, considering i /we make 200 players transfer every 2 months.
In return we would like a-net to check the tiers constantly, and to adjust matchups for maximum activity

no.1 WvW kills

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

by constant transfering i /we support a-net with gems, considering i /we make 200 players transfer every 2 months.
In return we would like a-net to check the tiers constantly, and to adjust matchups for maximum activity

But you do not participate in the game mode beyond killing stuff/getting farmed at stone mist, you leave it to the people on the server already to defend/upgrade home bl whilst your transfer guilds do nothing all day in eb, don’t way-point to help other maps out etc. heck you didn’t contribute atall on friday, nor on Saturday, If you want glicko to adjust, look beyond stonemist and ppt harder.

Even if we are only “10 people” you expect us to do most of the work.

(edited by VaaCrow.3076)

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Rayya.2591

But you do not participate in the game mode beyond killing stuff/getting farmed at stone mist, you leave it to the people on the server already to defend/upgrade home bl whilst your transfer guilds do nothing all day in eb, don’t way-point to help other maps out etc. heck you didn’t contribute atall on friday, nor on Saturday, If you want glicko to adjust, look beyond stonemist and ppt harder.

actualy you are very wrong, i got almost the most captured objectives ingame, defended, along with most kills ingame according to gw2 efficiency , without Eotm

Attachments:

no.1 WvW kills

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

You as an individual, all of the people you brought with you who do not contribute?

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Rayya.2591

after the conversation above , i gues there is no more reason to debate the subject above with you , since i already proved you , that you are wrong
Have fun and best regards,
And i still hope a-net will pay more attention to wvw game mode and balance it

no.1 WvW kills

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Don’t you get it yet? After years and years of transferring 200 people every 2 months Arenanet have done nothing to adjust matchups especially for you. The system evidently needs more than 2 months to form fair games and you moving constantly means it never happens.

People should get their WvW rank reseted each time they would transfer over
And there should be only a 2 -3 times server swap in a year.

I support and endorse this idea.

stop letting gunnars hold carry you and do some of the work required to get you up to position 1.

Please understand that the new system is designed around “good matches”. The ladder system is more or less out of the window. By rights it should be impossible for any linkee server to move into the top half of what remains of the ladder.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Rayya.2591

@ svarty, if the current system need more than 2 months to balance tiers, while the links are 2 months, would be normal to track the populations matchups , every week to provide manual balance… and that is the only thing we ask for. The glicko was okeish 4,5 years ago , but after all the changes they made (score /scrimishes /links ) the glicko need changes

no.1 WvW kills

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

@ svarty, if the current system need more than 2 months to balance tiers, while the links are 2 months, would be normal to track the populations matchups , every week to provide manual balance… and that is the only thing we ask for. The glicko was okeish 4,5 years ago , but after all the changes they made (score /scrimishes /links ) the glicko need changes

You are not the centre of wvw, and wvw should not be balanced around you. Get your followers to work harder in the PPT department, defending, upgrading, and you will adjust our score accordingly, doing nothing ppt on reset night/weeknds cause “the fights bro, the fights bro, stonemist bro” hurts us more than it helps us, sure kdr being positive is nice, but it is not the sole objective of wvw. I’m sorry that you seem to be so deeply narcissistic that you cannot see this.

You make a good core point, they need to adjust how the scoring/matchups are worked out, but theres more you can do to get the current system to work in our favor that you simply choose not to do.

(edited by VaaCrow.3076)

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

You are not the centre of wvw, and wvw should not be balanced around you. Get your followers to work harder in the PPT department, defending, upgrading, and you will adjust our score accordingly, doing nothing ppt on reset night/weeknds cause “the fights bro, the fights bro, stonemist bro” hurts us more than it helps us, sure kdr being positive is nice, but it is not the sole objective of wvw.

This is the core of the problem, IMO. The whole system relies on matchmaking based on scores which way too many players simply don’t care about. And why should they? Yes, PPT is an objective in the game, but the game is set in such a way that winning or losing it hardly matters. And the drive to play the game isn’t winning it, it’s having fun. Hence, many choose the fights over PPT, because it’s more fun.

I actually don’t know what would be a good solution. Increasing the effects of winning obviously can make the players care about PPT, but it is likely to make the game much more stale and that’s no fun.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

And for several hours this morning “overstacked” FSP was outmanned on every map (including EB) vs a 50+ RS blob that tore through everything with ease.

You cant balance WvW. Its impossible. Move around “trying to create a server to fight FSP” all you want, you’re not gonna make it any better. Stacking doesnt change anything and you would without a doubt attack your current server in exactly the same way once that get “overstacked”, so the cycle of zero balance can begin again.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Its funny cause they adjusted Pikens glicko months ago, drastically for no reason at all. They should stop this linking experiment already and just merge servers/tiers, adjust transfer costs where needed, so we see more stability.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

your current matchup score:

12. sfr – 111
10. drakkar – 123
9. gh – 126

how can you think you should be in t1-2 when your score looks like this. if you so desperate to fight fsp, transfer to piken/gandara/deso.

oh wait deso full
oh wait gandara full of gankers and no one use ts/follow commander
oh wait piken full of casuals

maybe you should focus more on ppt then

(edited by henchmen.1856)

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Rayya.2591

12. sfr – 111
10. drakkar – 123
9. gh – 126

how can you think you should be in t1-2 when your score looks like this. if you so desperate to fight fsp, transfer to piken/gandara/deso.

oh wait deso full

wait what ? Who mention FSP or care about FSP ?
I say t1 -t2 Gankdara /Piken /Riverside , Cba too much about fsp they only have 1group that can fight back

no.1 WvW kills

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

12. sfr – 111
10. drakkar – 123
9. gh – 126

oh wait deso full

Again, focusing on ppt isn’t fun.
Also I don’t know where you get these ideas about Gandara. There usually is a commander during the active hours and people most definitely follow. By the way, thanks to all the Piken and Jade Sea players from the epic battle at Bluevale last night. I hope you guys had as much fun as we did.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

One quick aside: do the math quickly on the maximum number of gems bought by 200 people who transfer servers every link up. Say $20 US each, times 200 people. That’s $4,000. Max. That’s barely enough to pay salary, benefits, and overhead for a single dev for two weeks.

Now adjust that in half, since a good chunk are trading gems for gold.

Transfer fees may contribute some income. But it’s not the cash cow people talk about it as.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Also hi vavume, soon we will be fighting you just like the good ol days

Looking forward to it

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: MarkBecks.6453

MarkBecks.6453

Its funny cause they adjusted Pikens glicko months ago, drastically for no reason at all. They should stop this linking experiment already and just merge servers/tiers, adjust transfer costs where needed, so we see more stability.

Couldn’t agree more, and if some servers need to be merged, then make it permanent and lets move on.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

We all know that FSP commanders will stop playing once they start getting farmed as seen before when Deso got stacked but yeah FSP is super boring to be in unless you enjoy afk/farm then watch comm rage/rq as soon as the fights get bit harder.

Good luck with Vabbi, but you seriously need to ppt more, are you saying there’s not a few people there who can rotate doing night/morningcrew for a few weeks with the summer coming up?

Linkings have no point atm tho, they should just merge the servers by now.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

Here’s an idea: Don’t transfer with hundreds of players everytime a relink happens and it would actually balance itself at some point. Basically what Svarty said.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Evonet.1632

Evonet.1632

Yes! That Svarty person knows it all! One should stay on one’s server, and build up with the good and the bad. One should not bandwagon to a different, higher and in better shape server with dozens of other players.
He’s right!
… or he’s a hypocrite, I’m not sure…

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

This is hilarious. You and your fan boys are the reason to why the WvW in EU is going towards the kittenty WvW that NA have. If you stop transfer your horde every time there is a re-link and instead split up so there are veteran players on all the EU servers that can provide fights and commander and guilds then WvW would balance it self out. But instead you and your horde and then other horde bandwagon a link and get upset that it got linked to a tier 4 host and now you want Arena Net to move you up. Why?
In a few weeks when new re-link happen your host will be abandoned and drop dead like a rock which will hurt the host server so badly. And somehow you feel this is A-Nets fault. I blame them for a lot of things that are wrong with WvW but this one is on you and the rest of the server hoppers.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Rayya.2591

This is hilarious. You and your fan boys are the reason to why the WvW in EU is going towards the kittenty WvW that NA have. If you stop transfer your horde every time there is a re-link and instead split up so there are veteran players on all the EU servers that can provide fights and commander and guilds then WvW would balance it self out. But instead you and your horde and then other horde bandwagon a link and get upset that it got linked to a tier 4 host and now you want Arena Net to move you up. Why?
In a few weeks when new re-link happen your host will be abandoned and drop dead like a rock which will hurt the host server so badly. And somehow you feel this is A-Nets fault. I blame them for a lot of things that are wrong with WvW but this one is on you and the rest of the server hoppers.

you shoudn;t take this personaly since we are on the same matchup , we are alredy splitted betwen us and fsp /gankdara /riverside

no.1 WvW kills

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: jason.9548

jason.9548

Ask the people of blackgate about winning, last year they would play during deadzones just to win. Also when when they were losing every week,every guild arena net kept them in t1 just so bg wouldn’t fall apart;Like tc did.
Lol.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

you shoudn;t take this personaly since we are on the same matchup , we are alredy splitted betwen us and fsp /gankdara /riverside

I am not suffering from it since i stayed on my server through goods and bads for years so it does not feel to personal. All though the post were you complains about something you been a part of creating and now blaming A-Net and want a fix, i do find that hilarious so maybe i aimed it to personal.

We can blame a lot on them when it comes to WvW but not something that players are creating, that is something we have to fix on our own.
And it certainly do not fix it self within a link period, it takes longer time then that and you have to actually stick to a host server for it to happen. But since the horde of players are moving each time a re-link comes up it will never stabilize and keep on being a issue until EU WvW is as bad as NA which i hope will never happen and i do hope you are right about the moving part. It been so in the past but lately it seem like players expect changes on a problem they created and that wont really happen.

Tier balance ? EU

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

Anet doesn’t cause matchup problems. EU allowed this to happen due to poor immigration policies. you let NA players into your server, your homes, and your kittens. Should’ve built that wall now you will live with them among your ranks. OUI OUI!

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”