Unfair Match ups

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: Bioflake.9125

Bioflake.9125

For the past month and a bit Devonas Rest (DR) has been matched up against servers with 4x or higher population for WvW. We are getting dominated each week and more and more players are loosing interest in WvW because of it.

ANET has done absolutely nothing to fix this issue, such as match DR server against a lower tier server to give us a fighting chance. We struggle keeping camps let alone keeps and towers. People just stop upgrading towers and keeps now because in 30 min we will loose the tower or keep anyways due to the fact that we are simply out numbered 5 to 1 at all times in all maps.
This is ruining my experience for GW2 since WvW is my main fun factor for GW2.

On reset we have zergs a big as 12! woot! And the zerg of 12 is usually our only zerg… While the other servers have zergs as big as 40 and multiple zergs. We stand limited chance and its getting annoying for alot of players!

Check out scores for the past month. notice we loose by more than double the points.

Please check this out ANET and fix it please,

Sincerely, All of DR

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

does DR have the same population as the t8 days? what tier would you fall in naturally?

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

It takes glicko a while to adjust, you will fall further until you reach a point where you can start to win, but sometimes it can take months. We went 24 weeks straight without a win this year. I’m sure you can tough it out.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

I can tell you first hand this sucks, however it is a fact of life for servers that suffer splits. The decline really sucks. SOR got trapped in Silver league after our major split happened and we had no chance of finishing anywhere but last which caused us to fracture even more. It wasn’t till we hit rock bottom before things started to improve for us and now we’re slowly but surely climbing back out of last place. I suspect within a few more weeks we’ll be playing you guys.

Last week you dropped 3 places, this week you likely will drop another 2 or 3. It wont take long for you to get to sunnier shores, just be patient and know this wont last forever. Eventually you’ll be drinking martini’s with us down in T8 and T7 and putting on your congo hat.

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Transfer to Tarnished Coast. We will accept any and all with open arms, and hearts full of joyous rapture for any person wishing to help us destroy the likes of the evil BG and JQ.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

What do you want them to do to fix it?

You want them to force the 4 major guilds that left to come back?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

For the past month and a bit Devonas Rest (DR) has been matched up against servers with 4x or higher population for WvW. We are getting dominated each week and more and more players are loosing interest in WvW because of it.

ANET has done absolutely nothing to fix this issue, such as match DR server against a lower tier server to give us a fighting chance. We struggle keeping camps let alone keeps and towers. People just stop upgrading towers and keeps now because in 30 min we will loose the tower or keep anyways due to the fact that we are simply out numbered 5 to 1 at all times in all maps.
This is ruining my experience for GW2 since WvW is my main fun factor for GW2.

On reset we have zergs a big as 12! woot! And the zerg of 12 is usually our only zerg… While the other servers have zergs as big as 40 and multiple zergs. We stand limited chance and its getting annoying for alot of players!

Check out scores for the past month. notice we loose by more than double the points.

Please check this out ANET and fix it please,

Sincerely, All of DR

This problem is fairly common and arises because

1: WvW uses the “Home Server” to determine what WvW side you are on
2: A “Home Server” could be as much as 90%+ people who only care about PvE, Spvp & never want to go near WvW.

To fix the problem they need to get rid of the idea of the “Home Server” and create a balancing mechanism that tiers groups both on how well they perform & how many people are actually active in the WvW population. (one with a cap on how many people can be members at once, a cap that is a good deal smaller then the current T1 worlds so that there becomes a greater variety of match ups)

I heard an idea about how they could do this to create an alliance system & make it fit in with the lore about 8 months ago. I don’t know who the original poster was but I have copy posted his idea in forums since many times over.
Until Arena.net does something similar however the problem won’t be fixed & that may just well be the reason they have done nothing.
They get money every time someone finally breaks down & pays to transfer from their server to another that is placed in a more competitive & balanced spot.

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Glicko is unfortunately slow in adjusting, which is part of why these Exoduses becomes such bad experiences, as whoever is left got to deal with the weeks of hanging before the ratings adjust properly. This is because a server shouldn’t fall a bunch of ranks because half a sever takes vacation over xmas etc. Still no fun for those in your situation.

With some luck, you and FC will swap spots next week, I think they’re sick of playing the rest of us T7/8 as we’re to weak for them anyways.

Since I have absolutely no metric to guess you current population/coverage etc I have no idea where you would fit in, but if you’re smaller than FC and larger than SF you will fit in well in T7/8. We’re looking forward to see you guys!

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Didnt hear you guys complaining when you took guilds away from lower tier servers like fergusons, and hammer trained your way to #14. Great when your the one dominating right? In fact you guys bragged about it on the forums, easy to win when you have numbers, works both ways ya know. If you dont like it, try recruiting for your server to shore up coverage gaps or helping train players. Good luck

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Transfer to Tarnished Coast. We will accept any and all with open arms, and hearts full of joyous rapture for any person wishing to help us destroy the likes of the evil BG and JQ.

srsly best recruiting tag line ever

(edited by Synosius.9876)

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Didnt hear you guys complaining when you took guilds away from lower tier servers like fergusons, and hammer trained your way to #14. Great when your the one dominating right? In fact you guys bragged about it on the forums, easy to win when you have numbers, works both ways ya know. If you dont like it, try recruiting for your server to shore up coverage gaps or helping train players. Good luck

I remember this post about 5 months back on those “other” forums from the leader of DR’s [RED].

praettor

Don’t be upset with the server as a whole to have the numbers we do now, remember that a significant chunk of us slogged through the T8 loss streak and are still here. “Bandwagon” doesn’t stick to this kind of steel.

I thought his wording sounded odd then, since if a bandwagon doesn’t stick, won’t they just move on? I guess they did. Sorry DR.

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I remember this post about 5 months back on those “other” forums from the leader of DR’s [RED].

praettor

Don’t be upset with the server as a whole to have the numbers we do now, remember that a significant chunk of us slogged through the T8 loss streak and are still here. “Bandwagon” doesn’t stick to this kind of steel.

I thought his wording sounded odd then, since if a bandwagon doesn’t stick, won’t they just move on? I guess they did. Sorry DR.

That’s some comedy gold rite there.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Come back to T8! Kaineng misses you!
On a more serious note, this is happenning more and more. Look at Borlis Pass in t7. They were down 50k by then end of saturday. They need to incooperated divider rials into te flicks rating if they don’t already have it…if they do than that sucks

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Come back to T8! Kaineng misses you!
On a more serious note, this is happenning more and more. Look at Borlis Pass in t7. They were down 50k by then end of saturday. They need to incooperated divider rials into te flicks rating if they don’t already have it…if they do than that sucks

BP is toast. Maguuma’s nickname is now Maguuma Pass for a reason; they ate all of BP’s remaining hardcore wvw guilds.

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

its an endless cycle, servers go up, servers go down. If you want to be stabile, you have to recruit, train, and constantly improve your playstyle. Happens to everyone. Plus sometimes its good to drop when you cant compete because it gives you a chance to settle into a lower tier and stabilize which will help you rebuild.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

praettor

thats weird, the leader of [RED] doesnt have an account in the “other” forum. Maybe you’re confusing a post with that famous fake DK fella.

[SA]

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Plus sometimes its good to drop when you cant compete because it gives you a chance to settle into a lower tier and stabilize which will help you rebuild.

No, there’s really no rebuilding this late into a stale game mode. It would take an action by Anet to completely shake things up to revive things.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

praettor

thats weird, the leader of [RED] doesnt have an account in the “other” forum. Maybe you’re confusing a post with that famous fake DK fella.

http://www.gw2wvw.net/comment/55507#comment-55507

I use Anvil Pants’ userscript to block NotRealDK and several others so I wouldn’t be able to see that guy’s posts anyway.

warning: I used to PvF pretty hard back then before I mellowed out.

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

Come play pvp until we fall to the bottom, that or join my gank squad that surfs the enemy zergs. Good fun picking off the zerg one by one.

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

DR is making its way back down, I think a bunch of people left DR which is why you guys are getting rolled over constantly. You’re on your way down, the same thing SoR and Mag had to deal with. Just consider yourself lucky, SoR was stuck in Silver due to the tournament for 9 weeks, they got it pretty bad. Anyways, Welcome back to Bronze tier. Then comes an entire new problem, who belongs in what tier. Currently we have:

T6 – ET/EB
T7 – FC/AR
T8 – SoR/Kain/SF/BP

T? – DR

I’m sure FC doesn’t want to move up, and I’m not speaking for AR as a whole but I sure as heck don’t want to deal with EB for a while after being steamrolled for a month straight. Hopefully you guys in DR will fit in T7, cause 5 T8 servers is too many.

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It’s not just the lower servers that suffer. The higher level ones do too. What do you think players on SoS are saying now that they’re stuck fighting in a lower tier?

“One more week of this and I’m transferring…”

ANet needs to realize that they simply don’t have the playerbase to support the number of servers they currently have. They really need to merge a lot of the lower servers and then consider openning free transfers to targetted realms (1 at a time…) until things even out.

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

It’s not just the lower servers that suffer. The higher level ones do too. What do you think players on SoS are saying now that they’re stuck fighting in a lower tier?

“One more week of this and I’m transferring…”

ANet needs to realize that they simply don’t have the playerbase to support the number of servers they currently have. They really need to merge a lot of the lower servers and then consider openning free transfers to targetted realms (1 at a time…) until things even out.

Are you kidding? (I support the idea) but you will get a TON of people complaining or “server pride” and don’t forget the old one “I don’t want to be on a t1 server, I wanna roam”

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Atherakhia.4086

IMO, server pride hasn’t meant a thing since megaservers were introduced in PvE. At most there’s guild pride and ‘alliance’ pride, and those guilds/alliances will still remain.

If the name is a concern, then delete both servers and come up with a new name. Now you don’t need to worry about a Ferg4lifer being on ET. Now they’re on Fergusson’s Terrace and everyone’s happy.

After a week people won’t care about their old server, only that they’re finally having fun again on a new one.

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: MisterBang.3516

MisterBang.3516

IMO, server pride hasn’t meant a thing since megaservers were introduced in PvE. At most there’s guild pride and ‘alliance’ pride, and those guilds/alliances will still remain.

If the name is a concern, then delete both servers and come up with a new name. Now you don’t need to worry about a Ferg4lifer being on ET. Now they’re on Fergusson’s Terrace and everyone’s happy.

After a week people won’t care about their old server, only that they’re finally having fun again on a new one.

You mean how they superstacked Aranzeb and then Kyrios and then Ollo?
Oh wait, wrong game…. But yeah, still same results really.
It’s pretty much like you’re asking for free transfer.

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Atherakhia.4086

Why should a player have to pay for their backwater server to be merged with another backwater server for the sake of a viable player community?

But yes, once the servers are merged a free, targeted transfer may be needed. Hopefully they’ll handle it better than the last one.

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: MisterBang.3516

MisterBang.3516

Why should a player have to pay for their backwater server to be merged with another backwater server for the sake of a viable player community?

But yes, once the servers are merged a free, targeted transfer may be needed. Hopefully they’ll handle it better than the last one.

Choose wisely and don’t go to a backwater servers. Do your homework and study up on why certain servers are the way they are. This is a literal game changer and people change their minds like there is no consequence.

Free transfers is how the lower tiers end up screwed in the first place. They all stack and bandwagon and then push up the tiers to be stomped out and then disband. A boatload of players wanting easy wins rage quit and in 3 months come back and re-do the same thing all over again.

Please, take control of your own destiny, nobody else will…

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Stick around. BP/AR/DR might be a good matchup.

Unfair Match ups

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Stick around. BP/AR/DR might be a good matchup.

It might be, looking forward to see how that turns out, though us on Kaineng wants to get our teeth into some of those as well for next week, we like SoR/SF but 3 weeks in same match-up gets stale!

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”