Unfair Tournament Ticket for new players

in WvW

Posted by: cpchow.7416

cpchow.7416

The veteran got thousands of ticket in the past three WvW Tournaments. They can rush for the new rewards faster than anybody. It is pretty unfair to the new WvW players. My suggestion is anet should launch another three WvW tournament for us. I will be awsome.

in WvW

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

There was only one WvW tournament that awarded tickets, and iirc, you could only earn as much as 800, if your world placed first each week of the tournament.

Another note, it isn’t unfair. It was a tournament, if you didn’t participate, you don’t get rewards. There is no requirement that there should be another tournament. Even if there was another tournament, those veterans would still have just as much of a token lead over you.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

The veteran got thousands of ticket in the past three WvW Tournaments. They can rush for the new rewards faster than anybody. It is pretty unfair to the new WvW players. My suggestion is anet should launch another three WvW tournament for us. I will be awsome.

See the dozens of responses on tournaments.

It permanently damaged the population in WvW.

And it’s not unfair that the reasons WvW vets had those tickets is because they played the game.

If you don’t have the tickets it’s because of one of at least 2 reasons:
You chose NOT to play GW2, as in you didn’t own it OR
Because you CHOSE not to play WvW tournaments.

Not unfair. Please move on.

in WvW

cpchow.7416

And it’s not unfair that the reasons WvW vets had those tickets is because they played the game.

Permanently damaged the population – Who cares , we just need more tickets.

New players are playing the game now but they can never get a ticket from tournament unless anet decide to launch it again.

New players don’t even know what is WvW tournament, a competition which developed by anet and a game content we have paid for it ! They have no right take it off. New players should have a chance to experience the WvW tournament. What if Anet take away WvW becoz it damage the population of PVE and PVP, i would like to see your reaction.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

New players are playing the game now but they can never get a ticket from tournament unless anet decide to launch it again.

New players don’t even know what is WvW tournament, a competition which developed by anet and a game content we have paid for it ! They have no right take it off. New players should have a chance to experience the WvW tournament. What if Anet take away WvW becoz it damage the population of PVE and PVP, i would like to see your reaction.

My reaction?

Stunned. Just stunned.

Damages PvE and PVP. Now THAT is funny.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

I canew players can’t get some of the AP from the beginning of the game because the APsbarent offered anymore..

Your logic is flawed.

The tickets are now called skirmish tickets. There are no longer ‘tournament tickets’

in WvW

Posted by: muerte.3842

muerte.3842

Please be aware that the tournament was not part of the game price, wvw was yes, and those that participated in the tourny got their rewards, those that didnt have the game at that point yes they wont get any, but thats not the fault of anyone. Those that chose not to partake in the tourny is only the fault of themselves seems a bit strange that the complaints are onlyhappening now becoz wvw FINALLY got some rewards after going through years of nothing while PVE and PVP seem to have gotten everything…

This has not damaged PVP or PVE in anyway shape or form and TBH a lot of vets from WVW are not happy that pvers have gate crashed there game mode and afk at spawn for these pips… That is the real problem…

Those pvers that have come to wvw and want to learn and play we welcome them, just not thsoe that sole purpose is to farm pips and waste space and time.

in WvW

cpchow.7416

I canew players can’t get some of the AP from the beginning of the game because the APsbarent offered anymore..

Your logic is flawed.

The tickets are now called skirmish tickets. There are no longer ‘tournament tickets’

You forget the achivement and APs from these tournament. The new players can never finish them.

in WvW

cpchow.7416

Please be aware that the tournament was not part of the game price, wvw was yes, and those that participated in the tourny got their rewards, those that didnt have the game at that point yes they wont get any, but thats not the fault of anyone. Those that chose not to partake in the tourny is only the fault of themselves seems a bit strange that the complaints are onlyhappening now becoz wvw FINALLY got some rewards after going through years of nothing while PVE and PVP seem to have gotten everything…

This has not damaged PVP or PVE in anyway shape or form and TBH a lot of vets from WVW are not happy that pvers have gate crashed there game mode and afk at spawn for these pips… That is the real problem…

Those pvers that have come to wvw and want to learn and play we welcome them, just not thsoe that sole purpose is to farm pips and waste space and time.

I think raids, fotm, new pve maps, living story, sab, events, etc were not part of the game price too. They are new added content. Does it mean that anet can delete them.

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I’m not even going to bother quoting that guy, since his post was a mess. But seriously.

Does anyone remember opening the Gates of Ahn’Qiraj in World of Warcraft? The OP seems to think an event like that should come back because he didn’t get to play it because he didn’t have the game when that event was taking place.

Relax, OP, since I already can tell you’re not going to understand that this is just an analogy, I’m going to have to tell you ahead of time – this is just an analogy to show how ridiculous your request is.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Am hoping dis be a troll tbh. If real…that’d be even worse.

The veteran got thousands of ticket in the past three WvW Tournaments. They can rush for the new rewards faster than anybody. It is pretty unfair to the new WvW players.

Medical student graduates got years of experience in their past terms of schooling. They can rush into the industry faster than the high student school prospects.

My suggestion is anet should launch another three WvW tournament for us. I will be awsome.

No. ANET has already admitted that tournaments caused permanent burn outs (lengthening the duration of matches does that for most games).

Do you really only play this game for items/achievements? Or the game play? Serious questions here.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: muerte.3842

muerte.3842

I think raids, fotm, new pve maps, living story, sab, events, etc were not part of the game price too. They are new added content. Does it mean that anet can delete them.

The reason why there wont be any more tournaments is because they were not a success that that current format. What happend was that this caused people to stack servers in order to win, thats all the tounry achieved. Why would you bring back a tourny in the smae format that caused so much mess? Wvw is still trying to recover from this now.

If an alternative tourny could be created that didnt cause server stacking etc and provided people with skirmish tickets rewards then yeah i’m sure people would like this, however not in the previous format…

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Your logic is flawed.

You forget the achivement and APs from these tournament. The new players can never finish them.

Thank you for proving my point.

Now excuse me whilst I spit the hook out of my throat.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I do not get why you complain of this being unfair? Did you put in time and effort in WvW when the one tournament that provided tickets was being run? Sounds to me like you want something for nothing.

You should have to work to gain these tickets. If it were easy everyone would have the back piece, armor, etc, etc… So stop your complaining! Sick of n00bs who think the world revolves around them!

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Could you also make a protest post about not being able to play living story season 1 too, please and thank you.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

For YEARS WvW was nearly devoid of rewards. Now that vets get some minor backdated perks some PvE newbs QQ.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Now you’re on to complaining about AP that has been removed and is no longer obtainable but just the WvW AP and not all the other removed content from PvE? Just LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Go post in Guild Wars 2 Discussion forum, please.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Chaba.5410

New players don’t even know what is WvW tournament, a competition which developed by anet and a game content we have paid for it ! They have no right take it off. New players should have a chance to experience the WvW tournament.

Honestly I can’t tell if troll or…

How much is Living Story 2 going for these days in the gem store?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

guess what chow real life is unfair too its ur own fault u didnt play gw2 from the start.

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I find it amusing reading how defensive and entitled wvwers are. They say they “deserve” these awards. I’m sorry you don’t deserve anything over anyone else who bought this game. I also love how when people complain about the rewards they become exclusionary and say “this reward isn’t meant for you” and at the same time they say “I wish more people would play wvw.”

On one hand they say they play the game mode to enjoy it and that people who want rewards are “doing it wrong” then they immediately complain that they should be rewarded more. Isn’t the joy and privileged of playing wvw “reward” enough?

You cant argue both positions, being exclusionary to others and using rewards to justify others exclusion all while asking for more rewards, and then complain that you want to include others and that others should be content with just playing the game mode and receiving no rewards and that rewards aren’t the goal.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in WvW

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

I find it amusing reading how defensive and entitled wvwers are. They say they “deserve” these awards.

Don’t generalize. I haven’t seen a single wvwer who gives a kitten about any of wvw rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

If I buy a new account can I get 4 years worth of gold? It’s not fair for new players to have to earn gold that current players have spent years acquiring.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Chaba.5410

If I buy a new account can I get 4 years worth of gold? It’s not fair for new players to have to earn gold that current players have spent years acquiring.

No, you may not get that gold, but all gold currently in circulation as well as pending TP sell and buy orders shall be removed from veteran players. It is only fair.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

No, you may not get that gold, but all gold currently in circulation as well as pending TP sell and buy orders shall be removed from veteran players. It is only fair.

Also, whenever a new player joins the game, all players shall restart their level from 1, all gears and materials in storage are removed to ensure level playing field. It is not fair veteran players can farm the gold faster than new players. It is only fair.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

Now I remember why I left the forums…

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

We should also remove gold too. After all, veterans with tens of thousands of gold can buy whatever they want too.

Look, it wasn’t just handed to them. They did something to get it. You can also do something not much harder to get it too.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Now I remember why I left the forums…

Dam, you’re missing out on comedic gold.

But TBH, I personally couldn’t care less about whether veterans getting more than new player, or everyone getting equal amount. The primary reason why many of us play WvW is because we like the game mode for what it is, and not to maximise the shinies we get. Not saying rewards aren’t great, because they are. But they’re mostly just an afterthought behind our enjoyment for what the game mode is all about.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Also, whenever a new player joins the game, all players shall restart their level from 1, all gears and materials in storage are removed to ensure level playing field. It is not fair veteran players can farm the gold faster than new players. It is only fair.

Makes sense! I’m all for fair play!

Take my Living Story 1 achievements, please!

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I find it amusing reading how defensive and entitled wvwers are. They say they “deserve” these awards. I’m sorry you don’t deserve anything over anyone else who bought this game. I also love how when people complain about the rewards they become exclusionary and say “this reward isn’t meant for you” and at the same time they say “I wish more people would play wvw.”

On one hand they say they play the game mode to enjoy it and that people who want rewards are “doing it wrong” then they immediately complain that they should be rewarded more. Isn’t the joy and privileged of playing wvw “reward” enough?

You cant argue both positions, being exclusionary to others and using rewards to justify others exclusion all while asking for more rewards, and then complain that you want to include others and that others should be content with just playing the game mode and receiving no rewards and that rewards aren’t the goal.

That’s not the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is the OP saying that because a reward system for an event that no longer takes place rewarded tickets, players who didn’t play in the tournaments have been treated unfairly.

Which isn’t true. They had a choice on playing WvW during the tournaments, buying GW2 in time for those tournaments, or not doing either of those things.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Actually, the OP has a small boat, a low HP motor, a fishing pole, and bait.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

There was only one WvW tournament that awarded tickets

No, there were two, spring and fall 2014, but also stuff to spend them on, which I did.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

No, there were two, spring and fall 2014, but also stuff to spend them on, which I did.

I demand my tickets returned now that there is a better way to spend them !

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’m about to send you all to your rooms without dinner.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I find it amusing reading how defensive and entitled wvwers are. They say they “deserve” these awards.

Don’t generalize. I haven’t seen a single wvwer who gives a kitten about any of wvw rewards.

Someone stitch this on a pillow because it’s true.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Lies! There were three! Clearly this is all a conspiracy against new accounts!

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Lies! There were three! Clearly this is all a conspiracy against new accounts!

There were three tournaments but only two that gave these tickets. The first of those killed my server because everybody and their mother bandwagoned to us – so getting the mistforged dagger was bittersweet and I never liked the skin as I wanted to have my server back. The tickets I got in the third tournament I spent on ascended earrings.
Yeah, every newer wvw player deserves the badkitten first server I had – I demand to bring these players back!!!111!!

I’m about to send you all to your rooms without dinner.

Ok, I usually forget to eat anyway.

ETA: Btw, Jayne, I’m a bit sad that we rushed past Piken. But I guess we will fall soon enough and meet you on the way to the bottom. (I’m back on GH for the moment).

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

ETA: Btw, Jayne, I’m a bit sad that we rushed past Piken. But I guess we will fall soon enough and meet you on the way to the bottom. (I’m back on GH for the moment).

Oh we’ll play again soon

Honestly I haven’t had much time to get on myself. It is hit or miss if I find a window. I did manage to get some time this past weekend. It’s like riding a bicycle. For me, a very very rusty bicycle lol. So many faceplants.

in WvW

cpchow.7416

I do not get why you complain of this being unfair? Did you put in time and effort in WvW when the one tournament that provided tickets was being run? Sounds to me like you want something for nothing.

You should have to work to gain these tickets. If it were easy everyone would have the back piece, armor, etc, etc… So stop your complaining! Sick of n00bs who think the world revolves around them!

I am talking about new players. For example, the players joined the game after HOT release. They have no chance gaining any tournament ticket and experiencing a WvW tournament. Is it fair? Nope.

in WvW

cpchow.7416

The veteran got thousands of ticket in the past three WvW Tournaments. They can rush for the new rewards faster than anybody. It is pretty unfair to the new WvW players.

Medical student graduates got years of experience in their past terms of schooling. They can rush into the industry faster than the high student school prospects.

My suggestion is anet should launch another three WvW tournament for us. I will be awsome.

No. ANET has already admitted that tournaments caused permanent burn outs (lengthening the duration of matches does that for most games).

Do you really only play this game for items/achievements? Or the game play? Serious questions here.

ANET admitted that tournaments caused permanent burn outs but they didn’t show us any of the evidence. How can we believe that. Not even a population graph chart is given out. It’s a lie with the same kidding level of global warming.

in WvW

cpchow.7416

New players don’t even know what is WvW tournament, a competition which developed by anet and a game content we have paid for it ! They have no right take it off. New players should have a chance to experience the WvW tournament.

Honestly I can’t tell if troll or…

How much is Living Story 2 going for these days in the gem store?

Put the WvW tournament event in the gem store , i will pay for it. The PVEs pip farmers and WvW hardcores will pay for it too. Anet this is the biggest gem sales chance in the GW2 history.

in WvW

cpchow.7416

BTW, the people arguing in the topics of Unfair Pip acquisition and Lower the Rank Requirement for Armor are meaningless. Golem rush double WXP week and WvW tournament will simple solve all the problems. Who cares about rank requirement and pipssssssssssssssss if i can rush rank quickly and acquire the tickets directly.

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

BTW, the people arguing in the topics of Unfair Pip acquisition and Lower the Rank Requirement for Armor are meaningless. Golem rush double WXP week and WvW tournament will simple solve all the problems. Who cares about rank requirement and pipssssssssssssssss if i can rush rank quickly and acquire the tickets directly.

No one in those threads are meaningless, no matter which side of the argument they fall on. The fact that you would even suggest that shows much towards your character.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

ANET admitted that tournaments caused permanent burn outs but they didn’t show us any of the evidence. How can we believe that. Not even a population graph chart is given out. It’s a lie with the same kidding level of global warming.

Anet has a vested, financial interest in making this game successful and keeping it that way. If tournaments were creating stats that led them to believe tournaments were good for long term player retention, we’d see more of them.

Their internal metrics say otherwise. They told us what the data showed them. And they have a financial interest in understanding how players behave in game and what keeps them playing.

Any “evidence” provided could just as easily be called into question in the same way… “They didn’t give us direct access to the data! The data they have us access to is wrong!” and so on, as nauseum.

Each player is free to believe what they want. Just because they believe something doesn’t mean what they believe matches the data.

For the record, I tend to believe that Anet has a handle on their data. I just don’t think they are good at interpreting the player psychology that underlies the data the are analysing.

Data science only goes so far when dealing with human behavior. Understanding the behavior requires understanding more than just the numbers that show results. It’s all too easy to mistake correlation for causation.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Oh man I wish it was “thousands” of tickets! XD

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

They did not get “thousands of tickets”. They were introduced in season 2.

At most it was 1400, and that’s equivalent to 8-9 weeks of tickets now. Season 2 lasted for 9 weeks, and season 3 lasted for 4 weeks, for a total of 13 weeks. So it’s really not that much of a headstart even assuming optimal conditions and also required people to put in the same effort if not more….

New players can just log in and receive almost the same amount of tickets just by playing every week (175 vs 200 per week you got in s3), and not having to wait for a tournament. It is much better this way….

Anet isn’t stupid. It really is almost the same thing but always available.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Your logic is flawed.

And you forgot the pve events and ap a wvw player may have missed out on while wvw tourneys and reg unrewarding wvw were active. But just as a “wvw player” may have missed pve events and past ap to do wvw, a pver/new player missed past wvw rewards and ap and there is no going back in either scenario, but there is now a way to collect currency to keep up with past wvwers.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I am talking about new players. For example, the players joined the game after HOT release. They have no chance gaining any tournament ticket and experiencing a WvW tournament. Is it fair? Nope.

They’ll also never have the chance to die of smallpox. Proper tragedy that is.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Well now, that may not be entirely true, as I am sure in some underground lab a sample exists to make more vaccine…..

But I digress.

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

/applause, i love you. alot.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

What if Anet take away WvW becoz it damage the population of PVE and PVP, i would like to see your reaction.

These two quotes about tournaments show this guy isn’t very stable. I feel bad for the server he’s on

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass