Warrior = Usain Bolt?

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

The GS abilities have been available SINCE LAUNCH, but now all of a sudden it’s causing people to cry?? Isn’t it rather odd that it’s suddenly an issue? There is some kind of whiners bandwagon that just showed up in town, and most don’t even play their classes to the full potential.

Actually, I think what people are crying about is the fact that warriors have such good mobility/disengage ON TOP of all that healing/sustain/damage/CC. Lol I think someone told me warriors have more regen than a guardian??? (._.)

Regen is a question of build,food and rank buffs. As a dnd ele, i could atlast almost any warrior but the moment he or she brings a glass thief or PU mesmer or something else, the survival rate decreases.

You cant catch a warrior 1v1 unless we are talking about the days when RTL wasnt nerfed.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Guys, warrior is totally overpowered, I try to melee him and he just dodge rolls with perma vigor, I try and CC him, but he just shadow steps away, he then drops blind fields, and leaps through them to go into stealth permanently. I down him, but shadow refuge magically appears and revives him, wtf warriors are so op. We need to stop warriors from perma dodging with unlimited shadow steps and perma blind perma stealth. Warrior OP. Nerf.

The warrior has no recharge on his attacks, he can spam the same couple of cheesy gimmick skills over and over, anet please, fix the warrior.

/sarcasm, there are bigger issues in this game, like gimmick mechanics being abused to such a ridiculous end.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The sad thing is, neither Warrior or Thief Stealth will be fixed, not while they have large numbers of people playing them and knowing Anet they would nerf that and buff them SO much elsewhere they would just become overpowered in another way.

the sooner Anet realize that they REALLY suck at Balancing content and bring in people that can the better. Because they have shown time and time again – they have NO idea what they are doing.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

The problem is risk vs reward, right now the balance is off. Classes and builds with a low risk factor have very good reward well at the same time builds that have higher risk are not seeing the rewards for playing that way.

that’s the simple way to put it, the risk vs reward argument could have its own thread. Just know that as long as classes can get good results with low risk that class will always have threads complaining about it (see dhumfire necro)

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

that’s the simple way to put it, the risk vs reward argument could have its own thread. Just know that as long as classes can get good results with low risk that class will always have threads complaining about it (see dhumfire necro)

Also see:

Any Thief Build – Stealth is broken
Mesmer Phantasm Build – Summon Illusions and stand by as they melt everything
Warrior Builds – high health, high regen, high movement and more

A few other builds as well such as a couple of Condi builds from other classes, Mesmer is very strong with added Stealth, Engi with very nice defense/healing are some examples as well.

Necromancers didnt even want Dhuumfire, this was a clear example of Anet not listening we wanted SURVIVABILITY and they gave us more burst :/

Ele and Ranger seem to be down on the list though.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

Also see:

Any Thief Build – Stealth is broken
Mesmer Phantasm Build – Summon Illusions and stand by as they melt everything
Warrior Builds – high health, high regen, high movement and more

A few other builds as well such as a couple of Condi builds from other classes, Mesmer is very strong with added Stealth, Engi with very nice defense/healing are some examples as well.

Necromancers didnt even want Dhuumfire, this was a clear example of Anet not listening we wanted SURVIVABILITY and they gave us more burst :/

Ele and Ranger seem to be down on the list though.

as a necro player I was pointing out the one mechanic that keeps us from getting any meaningful change other then condition nerfs.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

as a necro player I was pointing out the one mechanic that keeps us from getting any meaningful change other then condition nerfs.

I agree, that ONE trait labels us as “overpowered” and results in many nerfs. Very annoying when we didn’t even want it in the first place. Shame its here to stay as otherwise Anet would have to acknowledge and admit they made a mistake like they think no one else knows it otherwise….

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

I agree, that ONE trait labels us as “overpowered” and results in many nerfs. Very annoying when we didn’t even want it in the first place. Shame its here to stay as otherwise Anet would have to acknowledge and admit they made a mistake like they think no one else knows it otherwise….

Learn from GW1. They made radical buffs and nerfs throughout the history of the game.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

heavy armor classes are faster than leather classes in the world of tyria

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

And the leather and light classes are still the fastest inside of combat with their mobility skills.

But dw about learning the difference between mobility and land speed.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Speedy Kits and Rocket Boots

To be fair, some of the heavy armor in game (ie gladiator) would weigh less than most of the leather and light armor (male…female light armor is usually dental floss) in game.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

And the leather and light classes are still the fastest inside of combat with their mobility skills.

But dw about learning the difference between mobility and land speed.

Say that to mesmer and Necromancer. The only light class that would even stand a chance would be Ele and that would depend on the distance. Mesmer have Blink but it is rather weak considering its the only movement option (dont count Portal in a race) but hey, at least it has SOMETHING Necromancer doesnt even get that.

So, there goes your " light classes are still the fastest inside of combat with their mobility skills."

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Wtf how did a discussion about “thief cant’t catch warrior” turn into a huge circlejerk about every other aspect of warrior?

elite specs ruined pvp.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

Ironman has no problems

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

… as Have No Faith In Me astutely pointed out, land speed does not in any way shape or form equate to combat mobility. As a warrior, if I want to cover distance fast, I do the S/W + GS combo.

You are doing it wrong then. That ridiculous speed allows you guaranteed ability to never die. You can leave any battle at any time you choose or jump past/through entire groups of players. That JQ Usain Bolt warrior mentioned above, I’ve fought him and we had around 8 experienced WvWers on this one guy and the lowest we got him was about 25% HP before he simply kittenolol’d off into the sunset at Mach 10.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: ClaraFee.2579

ClaraFee.2579

Can someone please explain where all of this Warrior speed comes from to those of us who haven’t built a Warrior?

[MGW] [DHA] [VII]
Join Darkhaven at http://www.darkhaven.us

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Can someone please explain where all of this Warrior speed comes from to those of us who haven’t built a Warrior?

Dogged march – 33% condition resistance to movement impairing conditions.
Berserker stance – immune to all new conditions for 8s , can be traited up to 10s
Healing Signet – 400HPS passive…..capitalize on all that mobility.
Signet of stamina – clear all conditions instantly
Trait that increases passive movement speed to 25% when using melee weapons.
High stability uptime, and plenty of stunbreaks.
Perma Swiftness
Can dual proc endure pain with trait and utility to be immune to damage for 8s combined
Trait that breaks all movement crippling conditions when using a movement skill such as the following:

GS #5 Rush
GS #3 Whirlwind
Sword #2 Charge
Bull’s Rush
Dash from Rampage

Might be missing some still. GS #5 and GS #3 together is enough to outrun almost anyone already.

All the movement skills are there since game release, but those traits and berserker stance were later added in to buff the warrior. Healing Signet was also doubled to increase warrior sustain which doesn’t increase mobility but goes really well alongside the mobility because it almost ensures when you’re running away you won’t be killed by stray fire.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: deathklock.4961

deathklock.4961

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Say that to mesmer and Necromancer. The only light class that would even stand a chance would be Ele and that would depend on the distance. Mesmer have Blink but it is rather weak considering its the only movement option (dont count Portal in a race) but hey, at least it has SOMETHING Necromancer doesnt even get that.

So, there goes your " light classes are still the fastest inside of combat with their mobility skills."

Did you just say mesmer has no mobility? Holy hell you’re worse at this game than I thought.

Please don’t argue unless you know what you’re talking about, frankly its embarrasing.

A mesmer should be taking only an occasional hit by a full melee warrior, no mesmer should EVER lose to a full melee warrior.

A mesmer that loses to melee warrior = bad.

For a giant condescending paragraph, you’re simply incorrect and come off as a pretty silly kitten.
-mains a roaming mes

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

melodey.4652

But imo no class should be able to exit combat, regen all health, and come back to fight the way thieves and warriors rely on.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Dogged march – 33% condition resistance to movement impairing conditions.
Berserker stance – immune to all new conditions for 8s , can be traited up to 10s
Healing Signet – 400HPS passive…..capitalize on all that mobility.
Signet of stamina – clear all conditions instantly
Trait that increases passive movement speed to 25% when using melee weapons.
High stability uptime, and plenty of stunbreaks.
Perma Swiftness
Can dual proc endure pain with trait and utility to be immune to damage for 8s combined
Trait that breaks all movement crippling conditions when using a movement skill such as the following:

GS #5 Rush
GS #3 Whirlwind
Sword #2 Charge
Bull’s Rush
Dash from Rampage

Might be missing some still. GS #5 and GS #3 together is enough to outrun almost anyone already.

All the movement skills are there since game release, but those traits and berserker stance were later added in to buff the warrior. Healing Signet was also doubled to increase warrior sustain which doesn’t increase mobility but goes really well alongside the mobility because it almost ensures when you’re running away you won’t be killed by stray fire.

It’s generally a Warrior using greatsword with -98% condition duration, Healing Signet, Signet of Rage and that is it since how exactly would a Warrior have Berserker Stance up and run away unless you tried to gank him and he runs without fighting? Even if he fought he would lose since the spec cannot kill anyone without zerker gear and a Thief will destroy him even if he tries to run away with that. It wont kill anyone unless you cannot counter Hundred Blade builds which with how skilled the player base is it’s not surprising. No Warrior uses Rampage and if they did they lack swiftness unless they use warhorn which guarantees they will never kill anyone ever.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

glaphen.5230

Did you just say mesmer has no mobility? Holy hell you’re worse at this game than I thought.

Please don’t argue unless you know what you’re talking about, frankly its embarrasing.

A mesmer should be taking only an occasional hit by a full melee warrior, no mesmer should EVER lose to a full melee warrior.

For a giant condescending paragraph, you’re simply incorrect and come off as a pretty silly kitten.
-mains a roaming mes

Losing one on one with a roaming Mesmer ever is a pretty big declaration you aren’t good at this game.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

I haven’t seen a warrior winning 1 v 1 with Pu Mesmer or condi thieve yet ….

BG

(edited by Sunt.6835)

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

Best thing to do when seeing a PU Mesmer: run away. He/she possesses little to no chasing ability, and will not hinder your zergs. Guess who has good mobility? Warrior.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

Best thing to do when seeing a PU Mesmer: run away. He/she possesses little to no chasing ability, and will not hinder your zergs. Guess who has good mobility? Warrior.

I did that a couple time when i played on my warrior and that Pu mes immediately spammed emote laugh

BG

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

I did that a couple time when i played on my warrior and that Pu mes immediately spammed emote laugh

Grab more hammer bros and kill that PU Mesmer. /laugh back.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

glaphen.5230

Grab more hammer bros and kill that PU Mesmer. /laugh back.

You can’t seriously be implying a PU Mesmer would ever die to even 50 hammer Warriors chasing him.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

But imo no class should be able to exit combat, regen all health, and come back to fight the way thieves and warriors rely on.

the same can be said about PU mesmer right now also. The issue is things like PU and Dhuumfire (I main necro) cover up other issues with the class.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

melodey.4652

-mains a roaming mes

Losing one on one with a roaming Mesmer ever is a pretty big declaration you aren’t good at this game.

I don’t know why I’m responding to ppl with no guild or server sig, I already see t1 pros posting. First of all, to the people talking about “pu mesmers”, you might want to go more specific. A mesmer traited for pu can be defensive, offensive, conditions, power, shatter, or phantasm. Torch optional. “Pu” means little about their overall build other than they probably carry at least 2 forms of stealth. Secondly, warriors pose two challengeds for a phantasm mes (I will speak of that build since I run it most)- exiting the fight and either regenning fully only to immediately come back before mes is full health, and glassy warriors with lockdown, usually bulls charge, shield but I’ve seen bow used that way too. People who are making general comments about mesmers beating errbody haven’t played competent roamers as a mesmer or aren’t competent themselves against a mesmer. The exception is when you introduce perplexity into the equation- war or mes. Run away or die to it, your choice.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

glaphen.5230

-mains a roaming mes

I don’t know why I’m responding to ppl with no guild or server sig, I already see t1 pros posting. First of all, to the people talking about “pu mesmers”, you might want to go more specific. A mesmer traited for pu can be defensive, offensive, conditions, power, shatter, or phantasm. Torch optional. “Pu” means little about their overall build other than they probably carry at least 2 forms of stealth. Secondly, warriors pose two challengeds for a phantasm mes (I will speak of that build since I run it most)- exiting the fight and either regenning fully only to immediately come back before mes is full health, and glassy warriors with lockdown, usually bulls charge, shield but I’ve seen bow used that way too. People who are making general comments about mesmers beating errbody haven’t played competent roamers as a mesmer or aren’t competent themselves against a mesmer. The exception is when you introduce perplexity into the equation- war or mes. Run away or die to it, your choice.

A good PU Mesmer is one taking on clone death traits on a condition build and nothing else. Phantasm and Shatter can’t afford the points that are a waste for hybrid with PU. Losing to a Warrior with that build one on one would be a terrible declaration of your skill once again and if they run who cares since they will never kill anyone with that build unlike a Thief. Mesmers are the best one on one class pretty much no matter what build they play and should never ever lose one on one but don’t have the chasing ability to kill people who don’t commit to a fight or get tons of cripple from berserker without the ability to remove it.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

-mains a roaming mes

PU with torch, Condi aplication when illusions die, very hard to kill very good at killing and super boring to play. I did it on my mesmer and went back to shatter spec for roaming. Will you catch someone with that build? Nope but you can disengage from a fight fairly easy on it also.

still being a teir 1 player must mean something about me I don’t know. Since my post pretty much said that this one spec is covering up problems mesmer needs addressed.

(edited by Samhayn.2385)

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

melodey.4652

-mains a roaming mes

A good PU Mesmer is one taking on clone death traits on a condition build and nothing else. Phantasm and Shatter can’t afford the points that are a waste for hybrid with PU. Losing to a Warrior with that build one on one would be a terrible declaration of your skill once again and if they run who cares since they will never kill anyone with that build unlike a Thief. Mesmers are the best one on one class pretty much no matter what build they play and should never ever lose one on one but don’t have the chasing ability to kill people who don’t commit to a fight or get tons of cripple from berserker without the ability to remove it.

Lol wat. You obviously have never played a roaming mesmer. We get wasted by condition builds even running melandru runes and soup. Honestly I’ve seen enough of your generalized drabble to mark your arguments as invalid. Come back and post after you’ve played as a roaming mes against roamers, plz and ty.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

glaphen.5230

-mains a roaming mes

Lol wat. You obviously have never played a roaming mesmer. We get wasted by condition builds even running melandru runes and soup. Honestly I’ve seen enough of your generalized drabble to mark your arguments as invalid. Come back and post after you’ve played as a roaming mes against roamers, plz and ty.

If you aren’t built for fighting condition builds and not good enough to avoid them then don’t fight someone who looks like a condition build? If you aren’t built with any mobility at all then why are you roaming?

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

melodey.4652

-mains a roaming mes

If you aren’t built for fighting condition builds and not good enough to avoid them then don’t fight someone who looks like a condition build? If you aren’t built with any mobility at all then why are you roaming?

El o el so your solution is to run away from everyone and their mother who runs a condi build. I can’t stand “roamers” like that. I run melandru runes, soup, and am often duoing with my guardian friend. I lose fights because mesmers aren’t the super!class all of you people are claiming them to be, with these silly claims like a mesmer specced into PU should win every and all fights. Thats just not knowing the class, or fighting against baddies. Some of you need more experience on the class, or better opponents, or both and you’d be singing a different tune. As long as you didn’t run away from every opponent who -may- beat you. Kittens. Done.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

glaphen.5230

Mesmer has all the tools possible to win any one on one and losing shows a lack of skill on your part not the enemy. Maybe you are fighting baddies with other classes and when someone decent shows up you die and blame your class?

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Antares.2586

Antares.2586

1200 on Greatsword Rush is too long. Probably a 900 rush like Fiery Sword would be more balanced.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

melodey.4652

Mesmer has all the tools possible to win any one on one and losing shows a lack of skill on your part not the enemy. Maybe you are fighting baddies with other classes and when someone decent shows up you die and blame your class?

Glad my ability to waste roaming Bronze Squire mesmers on my newly minted engi sporting Recruit rank is due to me being a baws and not bc of my build being the achilles heel to mes builds. You have given zero indication of experience in your incorrect generalized statements. If I may sum up, according to you all mesmers should be running cheese conditions with every possible condition coping skill and should be running away from any and all condition builds, aka 75% of the roaming scene. As long as you do that youre unbeatable and a total baddie if you’re not running such a build. You sir, are the very definition of a kitten.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

glaphen.5230

1200 on Greatsword Rush is too long. Probably a 900 rush like Fiery Sword would be more balanced.

That has 10 second cooldown while Rush has 20 and it leaves a burning trail godly against anyone stuck against a wall from immobilize/stun. Comparing a weapon set to an elite is stupid since the weapon set is worth far more. Also the whirl has double the range with half the cooldown.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

just need to nerf it like RtL. If it doesn’t hit a target = double CD.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

glaphen.5230

The stars must align for it to hit an enemy.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

glaphen.5230

Glad my ability to waste roaming Bronze Squire mesmers on my newly minted engi sporting Recruit rank is due to me being a baws and not bc of my build being the achilles heel to mes builds. You have given zero indication of experience in your incorrect generalized statements. If I may sum up, according to you all mesmers should be running cheese conditions with every possible condition coping skill and should be running away from any and all condition builds, aka 75% of the roaming scene. As long as you do that youre unbeatable and a total baddie if you’re not running such a build. You sir, are the very definition of a kitten.

Rank=/=Skill. Rank generally is a gauge of how much they zerg and not roaming that gives low amounts of rank points. No Mesmers can run any viable build they want and still be the kings of one on ones. Also 75% of the roaming scene is Thieves with D/P. Game isn’t balanced around one on one or WvW so I really don’t know what you want but Mesmers are the best one on one class is a fact in any mode of play. Again all I also said you weren’t skilled enough to avoid conditions. All posts you keep doing just keep giving more and more examples of the bad. Also I do not see myself as a kitten.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I play Mesmer among others have have hundreds of hours logged as one. How many do you have as a Mesmer? Mesmer mobility is far from ideal. You’re the one that is making yourself out to be an embarrassment – Which is why i am guessing you deleted this post, thankfully someone else quoted it so that it could be saved so everyone can see it.

Like i said, Mesmer has very low mobility. No access to 25% speed via trait/signet unlike everyone else. Has ONE skill that grants Swiftness (without relying on the RNGods) You have Blink and thats it – in terms of getting from Point A to point B that is it.

Now you have a few other skills with Phase Retreat and Portal but again, they lack due to the fact that you are going to be outpaced. Most classes now run with Sigets/traits for that extra 25% movement speed in WvW and it is even more important when roaming which my Mesmer does.

Now while they have decent options inside combat, they STILL can be caught quite easily by most if not all classes, well outside Necromancer unless you get lucky with Dark Path or Spectral Grasp – Fear can help as well the BIGGEST bonus to Necromancer is we have access to 25% movement signet but still not alot we can do if you use Blink and Temporal Curtain because as good as our 25% movement speed is, without skills such as Blink, Rush, Rocket Boots and such we still lag behind.

Yes they have all the skills possible to win, That doesnt mean they are unbeatable, they CAN be beaten and NO that doesnt mean the Mesmer was bad.

Conditions = Mesmers hate them, hell i hate them on my Mesmer unless you trait and spend ALOT of traits for it conditions are a killer. The good thing for Mesmers in that regard is combat movement but if that is reduced via Fear, Cripple, Immo, Chill and such they are in trouble

Pressure = This is another thing that Mesmers dont like, they like to be given time and space to do their work. On my Power Necro i go all in, burst into them as much as i can, as soon as they go stealth and THEY will go stealth that is the time for Life Transfer and Tainted Shackles as they can still be damaged by them in stealth just like Thief. You just have to keep that up all the time, dont let them have a second spare.

As both a Mesmer and Mesmer killer, i have won a fair share and i have lost some. Does that mean the Mesmer i killed was bad? No, it just means during that exact fight for that little bit of time i was better. I have had countless duals with Mesmers over and over again. Some won and some lost. The same goes for the other classes i have played and faced off against a Mesmer some wins and some losses.

This thing about Mesmers are untouchable godmode kings of PvP – They are not. They CAN be killed.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

dude if a warrior ever beats your mesmer then you are really really bad, there is no way a skilled mesmer ever get killed by a warrior.

reroll other class, mesmer isn’t for you.

Truth to that. If I run into a mesmer particularly a shatter mesmer, I am solely dependent on that player making a series of mistakes to win. I frequently disengage since they are the paper to my rock. Evasion builds and bunker builds are basically stalemates. Thieves are beatable but only if they stay too long. Fighting other warriors and guardians is like trying to catch a fart.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

So all you need is a glass jar with a screw top lid?

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

You are a moron Mesmers have terrible out of combat mobility but some of the best for in combat.

“some of the best” It is decent nothing more.

Blink = Decent. Short range dont use to close to them or you can still be hit and such after you have blinked

Portal = Meh. Long cool down isnt really worth it in most builds, more of a help move the slow golems and thanks for hiding port us in sort of skill

Tem curtain – Decent, only non RNGod access to swiftness, the pull is quite solid as well. Never liked the Phantasm myself but again decent with trait.

Phase Retreat = Solid enough.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

glaphen.5230

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swap
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stealth
Traited you get 2 stun breaks and one on a 6 seconds cooldown and the other on a 7.5 with both weapons.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yeah the leap skill isnt to bad, wasted if they move out of range which is fairly easy. Stealth Meh, that can be countered by several skills that continue to hit while in stealth. Unlike Thief we dont get no 25% movement speed signet or trait for 50% faster movement in stealth (that seriously needs to be nerfed) either so fairly easy to use several skills to continue damaging them while they are in stealth, only lasts a few seconds unless its Mass Invis which is easily interrupted/

You don’t want to be in melee range all the time. So i don’t count that as one seeing as not everyone uses it, where as the others (minus Phase Retreat) everyone has access to and Phase Retreat i included as it doesnt require a a skill chain to use.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

glaphen.5230

You don’t have to use it instantly to swap since it has a 5 second wait period. The sword clones are usually kittened and use the entire sword combo against air if the enemy moves so it can be used during that time if you sacrifice the immobilize. Plus it baits dodges since if you see a Illusionary Leap being cast you pretty much have to dodge.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Antares.2586

Antares.2586

Not a bad idea, pretty logical indeed.
The skill description mention ‘Charge and strike your foe’. It wasn’t meant to be used for fleeing.

Warrior = Usain Bolt?

in WvW

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Yeah the leap skill isnt to bad, wasted if they move out of range which is fairly easy. Stealth Meh, that can be countered by several skills that continue to hit while in stealth. Unlike Thief we dont get no 25% movement speed signet or trait for 50% faster movement in stealth (that seriously needs to be nerfed) either so fairly easy to use several skills to continue damaging them while they are in stealth, only lasts a few seconds unless its Mass Invis which is easily interrupted/

You don’t want to be in melee range all the time. So i don’t count that as one seeing as not everyone uses it, where as the others (minus Phase Retreat) everyone has access to and Phase Retreat i included as it doesnt require a a skill chain to use.

thief = low hp and low armor = 3 shot death
warrior = high hp and haigh armor = 3 shot 50% life
compare worrior to thief

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P