Warrior or guardian small group roam/solo

in WvW

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

Hey guys got both classes to 40ish deciding which one to take on to 80 for small group roaming (2-4) and solo roam. Which one do you think performs better in general.

Thanks for the replies.

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Guardians are better in groups, warriors are better to roam. Warriors have better mobility so that makes them better roamers. Guardians have more group support so that makes them better in groups.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

Guardian is typically better in groups but imo it’s going to be garbage solo. Guardian is best for its group support so it becomes less useful solo because its solo capabilities are very limited. It’s fine to use guardian in a group of 4 but I think anything smaller would be too small for Guardian to use. I guess it also depends on which professions your teammates are that you are roaming with because you may slow down your group if you are on Guardian and the rest are on something fast. Warrior can run what is arguably the fastest moving build in the game (imo it’s just faster than thief when the 20% recharge reduction GS trait is up) and with that build can actually solo a supply camp in as fast as 7 seconds (that’s my record at least) from first hit to last hit. It can thus flip as much as 6 supply camps in a 10 minute time period but I dunno how much you are looking to solo supply camps vs duel. Here’s the build I use for roaming on warrior:

It’s also best WxP in the game but unfortunately bad at duels.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

If all other players in those group comps are Guardians then go for Warrior. If not, pick Guardian. As much as I like to call Necros, Engis and Warriors OP they are really easy for organized groups to pick apart, and saturating a group with Guardians is nigh impossible.That being said if you like X better than Y then go for it. Personal skill is going to trump profession in almost all cases anyway.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Guardians are good solo roamers with certain builds (spirit weapons ftw). They lack mobility though, but have good crowd control with Hammer/Greatsword combo, which do a lot of damage.

Warriors on the other hand, are good at everything.

I personally prefer my guardian over my warrior. Superior condi removal against all these condi build roamers these days are essential.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI