Wauw... can you say 'denial'?

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

So… ANet gives ‘’Accusations of hacking, exploiting, & griefing’’ as one of the reasons to shut down the www-forums.

Instead of actually fixing the bugs that we have been posting about for months and month, ANet now simply stops the forums that they are mentioned in.

It’s a first, I think… a company actually shutting down the communication of their customers to the company because the customers have the guts to point out what’s going wrong.

This shut-our-customers-up decision is the same level as the infamous ‘DEV don’t need to listen to players, DEVs already know what players because DEVs are players too’ attitude from earlier this year.

Must be nice, living in a world where you can just shut people up, just because they have the nerf to point out certain things that go wrong.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

this has nothing to do with reports of exploits/bugs/hacks but rather the rampant accusations.

-a post describing a problem with the goal of helping the devs diagnose and fix the issue: productive

-a post stating that all the big guilds on maguuma hack or that commander xyz isa griefer: not productive, only fosters animosity in the community.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: alopex.4625

alopex.4625

It’s not a first. Games workshop has done it years ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Certainly not a first. Most games take this path when they start to lose customers. Negativity brings more negativity, you can expect to see infractions picking up as well

Reminds me of an old poster I saw.

’Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is to fire all the unhappy people’

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

the infamous ‘DEV don’t need to listen to players, DEVs already know what players because DEVs are players too’ attitude from earlier this year.

Noob players maybe, first time I think I say a dev ingame they were on a cat attacking briar and they were fully charging the skill before releasing the boulder; the cat was placed at the foot of the wall, we all laughed at that one

But the dev have all been in denial since alpha apparently, they have not listened and infracted and removed posts on the forums they did not like.

But that’s the thing about forums, people will mostly post when they have problems or angry. How many people come on to say “omg the game is working as intended”.

We all know more time needs to be spent on WvW, from what I hear even PvP is getting less time now, everything seems to be going to PvE and the LS.
And let’s not forget we cant expect any real new WvW content until April, based on one of the dev posts I read and if you read inbetween the lines.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Please, do state true informations:
They are closing the match-up sub-forum because it tends to derail and not be constructive.

Not all WvW forums.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum/first#post3393146

in WvW

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

The forum itself is/was a 2 edged sword. In the opening days, it was actually solid content but as people got angry about matchups, collusion, claims of cheating, what ever, it got ugly. I was mad but I didn’t really put it to the page in a mean way, at least I hope I didn’t. Anyone reading these posts know that is painting it kindly. We were rotten. A lot of good information went out as well, it was constructive, well intended and honest. But mostly, it was, as ANet puts it, toxic.

I think that some people can handle being ribbed or called out, I count myself in that crowd. A lot of people cannot and while you can stomp your feet about them taking away a medium that had turned into a catfight, oops, kitten fight, remember you aren’t the only one playing the game.

If you think they’re losing membership, you’re crazy. They are going after WoW and part of that process is cleaning up the way we, the users, complain. Their current ad campaigns are crazy and they are using this opportunity to tell you who actually runs the show.

I am fairly certain, at this point, they could care less what “we think” it should be. Use other means of communications and remember that what you are writing could be read by a 10 year old, what kind of image does that leave in that kid’s head about our game play?? A lot of you have 10 year olds, how would you feel if they read what parents really feel about life being fair…..

in WvW

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

Please, do state true informations:

We all know what he meant, no need to come riding in on your white stallion.
As for the match-up threads not being constructive enough for the CC team: are they even real? How could they be? Giving the enemy server a pat on the back and tell them where your defenses are, so that they can take your keep faster next time?

No, they have always been used for everyday chitchat between players. That includes taunting aswell as acknowledging great deeds by the enemies.

(edited by Garrisyl.7402)

in WvW

Tallis.5607

this has nothing to do with reports of exploits/bugs/hacks but rather the rampant accusations

Euh… no… people get infracted when they post a screenshot of someone from the other server exploiting. Even when ’ people post it, they all 4 get infracted; this has nothing to do with ‘OMG this-or-that server hacked’. I even remember posting ‘this person clearly hacked into the keep, but your server was so correct not to take the portal in’.

But… I can not tell you how incredible annoying it is to WWW, see someone cheat into a keep, sent in a screenshot and then get infracted YOURSELF.

Especially if the same cheater has been doing THE EXACT SAME THING for months.

But this is anet answer: shut down the forum. <deep, deep sigh>

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

So… ANet gives ‘’Accusations of hacking, exploiting, & griefing’’ as one of the reasons to shut down the www-forums.

Instead of actually fixing the bugs that we have been posting about for months and month, ANet now simply stops the forums that they are mentioned in.

It’s a first, I think… a company actually shutting down the communication of their customers to the company because the customers have the guts to point out what’s going wrong.

This shut-our-customers-up decision is the same level as the infamous ‘DEV don’t need to listen to players, DEVs already know what players because DEVs are players too’ attitude from earlier this year.

Must be nice, living in a world where you can just shut people up, just because they have the nerf to point out certain things that go wrong.

A-net is certainly not the 1st company to do this, take for example Apple and all the iProducts. Denial and empty hype seems to work for them due to the number of gullible people.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I saw a post get infracted and thread deleted for showing a player jumping out of a tower they accidentally bugged into. The thread was a thank you for not exploiting…

who has oversight here?

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

who has oversight here?

That’s a question you (we all) should be asking NCSoft

BG

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i dont think thats the main reason. i usually stay away from those forums as people are quiet rude to each other and then the whining and ranting and all the hate speech has just gotten too much. people would read those threads and then start hating an entire server over a few forum trolls which affects the game itself.
sometimes people go quiet far in this game and the matchup thread has been open for a lot of hate and rage, which can be rather annoying.
less drama, more fighting!
the problem with the forum being removed is only that it will be harder to schedule a gvg, but other than that there is nothing to really miss about the matchup thread.
the exploit pictures are handled to harsh here but then again posting such pictures will lead to people knowing about this exploit and using it even more.
yeah i glitched into a tower, made a screenshot and jumped out and then sent it to anet so they can fix it.
lets hope anet improves our keeps and towers soon so those issues get eliminated and maybe we can make an official gvg thread.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

this has nothing to do with reports of exploits/bugs/hacks but rather the rampant accusations

Euh… no… people get infracted when they post a screenshot of someone from the other server exploiting. Even when ’ people post it, they all 4 get infracted; this has nothing to do with ‘OMG this-or-that server hacked’. I even remember posting ‘this person clearly hacked into the keep, but your server was so correct not to take the portal in’.

But… I can not tell you how incredible annoying it is to WWW, see someone cheat into a keep, sent in a screenshot and then get infracted YOURSELF.

Especially if the same cheater has been doing THE EXACT SAME THING for months.

But this is anet answer: shut down the forum. <deep, deep sigh>

You are getting infracted for breaking the forum regulations which explicitly tell you to refrain from posting screenshots of exploits.

•Take any action, upload, post, email, link to, or otherwise transmit any content as determined by ArenaNet in its sole discretion that contains any cheats, hacks, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information. If you would like to legitimately report such material, please contact our Customer Support Team;
•Do not engage in personal attacks against forum members or in character assassination. Posts that attack another member, that single out a player for ridicule, or that accuse someone of inappropriate in-game actions will be removed without notice. In-game violations should be reported directly to our Support Team. If you believe that using the support system did not result in a sufficient or timely response, you may post your concern in the Support section of the forums.

You don’t get infracted for using the proper channels. It’s really that simple. Do it once and get infracted, honest mistake… beyond that, you are just looking for trouble and posting it in a matchup thread is doing absolutely nothing to fix the problem. This heard headed attitude of continuing to do something that you KNOW is going to cause problems is exactly the reason that this forum has to be shut down.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in WvW

Tallis.5607

This heard headed attitude of continuing to do something that you KNOW is going to cause problems is exactly the reason that this forum has to be shut down.

No. This ‘’hard-headed attitude’’ would be very easy to fix if ANet wanted to. All they have to do is suspend those people from posting for a week/month when they do bad things. Problem solved. Easy as peasy!

But, no, instead, ANet shuts everyone up. THAT is the reason why the forum ‘has to be shut down’, cause they simply don’t want to hear anyone complaining anymore about bugs & exploits they don’t fix.

Apperently, they prefer to shut down critisism instead of fixing what caused it.

in WvW

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

I love how a state of emotion (grief) has become a verb. You people are just silly. Silly I say!

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Negativity brings more negativity,

Perhaps Anet should close the PvP forums.. Class forums.. Bugs.. Suggestions.. Discussion.. Lol GG RIP who blobs harder arguments.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

You can find here : Upcoming Forum Changes to WvW Match-ups Sub-forum, the reason for the match-up sub-forum to be closed.

If you have any further questions or concerns about this, please send an e-mail to forums@arena.net. This thread is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.