What Happened To Tarnished Coast?

in WvW

Posted by: MaxwellM.2075

MaxwellM.2075

Q:

I’ve been gone for a little less than a year and just came back and WvW is in shambles or at least not is where I am compared to when I left. I actually transferred away from Fort Aspenwood who as in a terrible state at the time and now I come back and they are tier two and now aim in tier four. Where did CERN go? I’m lost and confused and don’t know where to go. Should Injust randomly choose a t1 or t2 server to transfer to or do people have any advice?

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

A:

TC was the subject to 3 major bandwagons that kept it in T1. After the Malevolent hostile take over of TC bandwagon died no one else wanted to go to TC anymore because they got tired of the care bears there. So TC got farmed and died. It wasn’t glicko manipulation from anet it was glicko manipulation caused by malevolent himself.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

TC and many other servers suffered from glicko manipulation by Arena Net to an attempt to improve WvW, it locked TC into Tier 1 where they couldn’t sustain. This caused a mass wave of guilds to leave TC including CERN to take up homes else where.

I dont have any advice as to where to go. GO where you have friends and go to a server that supports your timezone.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Caligo.2186

Caligo.2186

Very good summary. One minor correction just to avoid confusion: CeRN (When Guilds Collide) moved. CERN (When Zergs Collide) is still on TC.

in WvW

Posted by: MaxwellM.2075

MaxwellM.2075

Thanks for the update. I guess I’ll just hop on another T2 or maybe T1 server if they aren’t full. My only friends are on IoJ and I’m not about to go there. So it’s time to find a new home and make new friends. Anyone want to be WvW friends or any active Guilds looking for more WvW on TC or higher tier servers?

Also in response to the above poster it looks like CERN is dead. Their website is pretty much inactive and the last new person joined in Feb it seems. CeRN I can’t even find anything from this year in the web. I just asked beciase they used to be huge and active on TC.

(edited by MaxwellM.2075)

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

You should wait for the relinkings, on Friday, before you decide where to transfer. It’s quite possible that IoJ would get linked to a T2 server or so, letting you play in the tier and with your friends.

in WvW

Posted by: SnowPumpkin.1809

SnowPumpkin.1809

A lot of TC people left and went to Mag last time it was open….then after that BG opened and a lot of players from Mag went to BG. TC and Mag have both dropped Tiers a lot. I almost feel like this is happening intentionally so people pay to bandwagon. Hopefully that’s not true and things will get sorted out soon, something with the mechanics must be off.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

A lot of TC people left and went to Mag last time it was open….then after that BG opened and a lot of players from Mag went to BG. TC and Mag have both dropped Tiers a lot. I almost feel like this is happening intentionally so people pay to bandwagon. Hopefully that’s not true and things will get sorted out soon, something with the mechanics must be off.

Anyone who transfers to get the easy lewt deserves to be fleeced.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

SnowPumpkin.1809

I agree but the way it’s done doesn’t seem right. For ex. When Mag opened last it had a link and was winning over BG so everyone was like let’s go to Mag not realizing they had a link and that was why. Then Mag lost the link and got closed and boom they fell. Same with TC. Just saying what I have heard and seen. People don’t just want loot, that’s not the whole story. People want good fights and people want to win that’s human nature.

(edited by SnowPumpkin.1809)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

People want good fights and people want to win that’s human nature.

NOTE: I’m teasing

People want fights in NA?!

Then why are the lower tiers dead?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I’ve been gone for a little less than a year and just came back and WvW is in shambles or at least not is where I am compared to when I left. I actually transferred away from Fort Aspenwood who as in a terrible state at the time and now I come back and they are tier two and now aim in tier four. Where did CERN go? I’m lost and confused and don’t know where to go. Should Injust randomly choose a t1 or t2 server to transfer to or do people have any advice?

Answers:

Megaserver, the lack thereof to call others to batte.

Links, can’t get to know anyone anywhere on any server any longer.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

SnowPumpkin.1809

Simple answer they don’t have a large enough population in the lower tiers. People keep getting slammed. They give up and wait until a better week, hoping for a better link, a link or server to be open. I know you’re teasing about the loot thing lol. Die hard wvw people are there to fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Guess they really tanked for real and good this time. Rofl. Such a shame it was the first T1 server I faced. I can still remember the huge megablob filtering into my screen outside garri, reminding me how lousy my display settings were to handle such a chunk of ppl.

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

Mal’s answer pretty much sums it up.

TC still queues maps during NA time zone. The other time zones don’t have the coverage to be competitive. Most nights we have 2 maps queued during NA and lots of good fights.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Bob.7189

Bob.7189

Another story of management wanting to fix something that was not broken and as a result breaks it.

in WvW

Posted by: Vicious.3042

Vicious.3042

Speaking of glicko and 1u1d, BG and JQ’s been locked in t1 battle for over a month now. The lack of variety from this “new improved” wvw matching system is really underwhelming.

in WvW

Posted by: Bob.7189

Bob.7189

A strange aberration I noticed last week. When 1 of the 3 servers has zero participation during a skirmish, the sever population balancing features of WvW are removed from the match for the other 2 servers. It becomes effectively a 2 server contest with no compensation to the lower participation server no matter how great the imbalance.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

It becomes effectively a 2 server contest with no compensation to the lower participation server no matter how great the imbalance.

When a server can’t “pull their weight” population-wise in the three-way matches, they’ve always become 2 server contests.

But what do you mean by compensation?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Speaking of glicko and 1u1d, BG and JQ’s been locked in t1 battle for over a month now. The lack of variety from this “new improved” wvw matching system is really underwhelming.

Those two servers were once locked in the same matchup for over 2 years, they’re use to it. Besides when no other server can compete with those two what do you expect? One will win, the other will come in second, and the third wheel rotating in there every week will have a not so fun time getting beat on by both. They paid to stack their servers, enjoy being stuck in T1 again.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

All 1U1D does is have servers that don’t belong in a given tier fall or rise faster. Otherwise once it stabilizes, which it does so quicker, it’ll be even more stagnant and less-balanced than before.

After stabilizing, the top server placement matchups will be
(1, 2, 3)
(4, 5 , 6)
(7, 8, 9)

where numbers are the ranks/servers. This makes sense for balanced matchups.

On the 1u1d system the following week will be

(1, 2 , 4)
(3, 5, 7)
(6, 8, 9)

T2 and below now have a full two-tier gap between red and green. #4 isn’t going to do better than #3. The only way to rise in 1u1d with existing disparities is to actually get mass transfers and stack servers, which is the exact opposite solution people were looking for. 1u1d would only ever work for servers that were already very close. Obviously this isn’t true at all.

And the following week?
(1, 2, 3)
(4, 5, 6)
(7, 8, 9)

It’s a cycle. The expected chance to win never changes.

in WvW

Posted by: Ghost.7032

Ghost.7032

CeRN moved to Yaks Bend. They are still there. If you are looking for action during eu time, early na, na and sea. Yaks bend has those recover. Except oxc. Specially EU they have 3 eu guilds. CeRN, SoL and Dusk.