Where does WvW xp go?

Where does WvW xp go?

in WvW

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

So, my bar says 5,000 xp to level, but when I kill stuff or take a point I get multiple thousands of xp. Where does that xp go? Is it scaled down or something?

Where does WvW xp go?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

good question. because, if you are already 80, it can’t go towards PvE (Central Tyria/Maguuma) mastery xp since they are separate system.

if you’re under 80, then yes, it would go towards leveling up your character.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Where does WvW xp go?

in WvW

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

It goes towards hero points but they should put in a way to get tomes from it, would be a great way to help wvw players with other toons another option would be bags of legendary crafting mats

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

Where does WvW xp go?

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

The blue bar, showing 5000, is you WvW XP bar for the Ranks/ WvW Masterys. That are the blue XP you get for killing guards, taking objectivs etc.

The yellow XP just go into the mist when you are 80

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

Where does WvW xp go?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

If you are high enough level, all you get are the rank up chests which are usually equivalent to 2 minutes in Orr. The wxp doesn’t progress masteries, wvw abilities are maxed (when they may not have been before) – so essentially you work toward nothing……..

Only reason to play is to fight others and that doesn’t always happen…..
Edit: yes you can get the scrolls for HP, but they are soulbound and the adct bound chests don’t stack….. I also think the npc is disabled, but haven’t checked since the reduction from 400-250 for the elite….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

(edited by Liston.9708)

Where does WvW xp go?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

There is WxP (blue bar) and XP (yellow bar). They both go up but XP after 80 in WvW does nothing as far as I know.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Where does WvW xp go?

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

So what’s the point of the yellow xp if us wvwers don’t benefit from it? I just don’t get it. I guess we’ll have to grind it out in pve to get mastery’s. no wonder wvw is a ghost town.

Native Maguuman

Where does WvW xp go?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

So what’s the point of the yellow xp if us wvwers don’t benefit from it? I just don’t get it. I guess we’ll have to grind it out in pve to get mastery’s. no wonder wvw is a ghost town.

We used to get an extra skill point for each XP level after 80 which could be used at the mystic forge for crafting.

Prior to the skill point changes, I used those extra points to generate gold which is how I payed for my armor/weapons/consumables in WvW. Now my gold reserve is dwindling fast.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Where does WvW xp go?

in WvW

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

Guys in really poor words,help me understand:
If i’m 80 and i go in WVW with the yellow XP booster on,i basically waste the yellow XP boost right?

The only usefull XP boost in WvW is the blue one right? the WXP right?

I bought the Candy Corn thing that if i well remember in teh past used to give WXP booster,so now i will never get it anymore from it…
Also,the Yellow XP booster says “+50% exp from kills IN ALL GAME MODE , + bonus on PvP reward Track”….ofc WvW is not anymore in the bonus,because …who the heck cares of WvW…..

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

(edited by Nirvana.8659)

Where does WvW xp go?

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

No. Since the changes the yellow booster gives his bonus to blue wxp too.
You can also combine the boosters to get maximum WxP
Birthday-/celebration booster
Blue WxP booster
New yellow XP booster

Also the daily achivementchests from wvw dailys give you 15min (think it is 15) of the new yellow XP booster.

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

Where does WvW xp go?

in WvW

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

Zioba,teh yellow XP booster does not give any WXP bonus.
It provides extra XP for kill , normal XP ,not WXP.

WXP and XP are 2 different things.

To test it,kill an NPC with XP (yellow) booster on,and kill teh same NPC without XP booster on.

The WXP u gain is the same,with or without yellow XP booster on.

EDIT: without yellow XP booster u may randomly get 20 WXP per guard kill.
WIth yellow XP booster you get the 30 WXP ,so is 50% more,but the kill STEAK that the yellow XP booster provides doesn’t work , if you have 10 kills bosun,and you have 150% XP bonus in total,you still get only 50% WXP bonus,not 150% like the booster says.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

(edited by Nirvana.8659)