Who plays WvW only?

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Ann Jay.2950

Ann Jay.2950

They’re probably correct that most WvW players also do some PvE, not necessarily by choice though. Most players I know do PvE to support their WvW. If the game was structured where you could be self sufficient playing only WvW, you’d have a lot fewer players farming DT and SW.

Pretty much this right here. WvW players are FORCED to PvE to support their WvW play style.

As far as this week goes . . . . I haven’t logged on since the very disappointing reset. And as long as that horrible golem buff exploit exists, it’s going to be a chore to play WvW and try to keep up the ppt throughout the week. Thanks so much Anet.

| Areianna Firebloom ~ YB | & |Reylah Wrynn ~ SBI |

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Enshu.7508

Enshu.7508

I’ve only WvW since release.

I also know people from several servers who do nothing but WvW as well – whether they’re commanding, or spending their own personal time/money to siege up/upgrade camps, towers and keeps and getting nothing in return.

Thanks ANET for casually dismissing their efforts.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Powec.3845

Powec.3845

I play nearly only wvw. Without wvw I dont even play this game.

Lv 80`s guardian, thief, elementalist, ranger, mesmer and warrior.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

WVW only here. I’ve tried and tried to get into sPVP, but to me it just sucks. PVE is even worse. Most of my guild is WVW-only, with PVE only to fill gaps & make money/get shinies.

What’s for sure is WVW is the only thing keeping me play this game.

downed state is bad for PVP

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

This speak volumes about Anet and there attitude towards WvW-players. I knew it but still is dissapointing to see and after 3y of basicly only WvW I cant wait to move on to a Game and Company that focus on WvW only…

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Zolazie Grengche.3051

Zolazie Grengche.3051

You want a week WvW event? Here is one.

Make all maps a pvp zone. Problem solved.

I would love to see that. Or mirror the PVE maps so that you can enter them as PVE or PvP zones. I just want to fight against real people, not buffed ai’s.

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

Going to reddit is probably the smartest last resort to get some attention

Also started my own post which I hope is “nice” enough to get a reply
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3dtr39/a_cry_for_help_please_go_look_at_your_wvw_forums/

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

(edited by DiscoJacen.1590)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Nundar.9701

Nundar.9701

WvW only player since release

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

Came back after a 2 year break playing MOBAs to play some WvW again. I level alts/silverwaste train/world complete outside of WvW, but otherwise WvW is my main focus. And seeing how little the devs seem to care about it (and some of their other really bad balance decisions) I won’t be purchasing HoT. I guess I’ll just play GW2 until that comes out/I get bored, then go back to MOBAs.

Tarnished Coast

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

I’d venture to guess a vast majority (including those who never visit these pathetic forums) of the player base are the exception. if anet actually kept stats on what players do instead of thinking they knew what we play they’d know that. If i could log in to wvw like pvp can I’d never be anywhere else (ever)… that is on the rare occasion i ever play anymore, on any of the accounts i own.

happily change the game and bankrupt your company. its your choice anet. ignorance is bliss.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I only play WvW and GvG, with a bit of PvP to practice roaming and small scale fights.
As I said somewhere in another thread: it’s the only end game content the game has.

It’s pretty much the same with my friend’s list. And personally when I want to play PvE I load up “some other game” which has voice acting and a true first person view.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Oh gawd how awesome wou[ld that be to have some zones in pve be pvp. would love it. would just make for some hilarious moments.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Natir.7364

Natir.7364

I only do WvW and the majority of my guild only does WvW. Do we do other things to get ascended gear? Sure, you kind of have to if you want the gear, but we only really do WvW.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: EvilReaperZ.7920

EvilReaperZ.7920

WE are NOT the MINORITY!!

The only reason he can have for not tell what the % is .. is cos they have been trying to dump WvW for 2 years !

Think about it
They starve us of cash and AP’s … we still play WvW
They took away everything except the cost of playing it … we still play
They wont sort out the problems … we find work arounds
They try putting a PvP arena in the middle of the Map .. we ignore it (and the snowmen)
Added ETOM (for the Que’s … lol)

AND WE ARE STILL HERE!!

BUT ………. Finally……… they found out how to make us leave

Good job Mr. Davis!!

p/s: yes, i copied this, because i felt exactly the same

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I honestly just don’t think they know anything about WvW. I don’t think the average ANet dev has the WvW attitude.

I’ve seen some of them try to run around in WvW, and they are beyond clueless. The ones I’ve seen tend to follow the PuGzerg thinking that’s what WvW is.

There was one on BG back when I played there that actually got into TS with us, and was making a strong effort to learn to WvW. He was there for several weeks in a row, and for at least 3 nights a week. He asked questions, tried tactics we asked him to try, and seemed serious about learning some of the intricacies of the game mode. He still played a ranger back then, which we told him to avoid, but it was all good. Do not know what happened to him, but at the time I was encouraged that ANet was going to make an effort to Make WvW a priority, but that has not happened.

I don’t think ANet is making changes to make WvW a negative experience. I just really believe they don’t actually know enough about the game mode for their changes to be a positive.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Scolix.4879

Scolix.4879

I play almost completely wvw maybe 85-90% of my time goes in there rest is just random wandering in the pve world

I love big open pvp places normal battleground style pvp bores the hell out of me and pve has not gripped me in like in other mmo’s but GW2 wvw is perfect map is big but not too big like in eso where 99% of my time goes in running from place to place in empty scenery.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: DroidDreamer.2861

DroidDreamer.2861

I play WvW exclusively unless forced to for things like crafting stuff I need to play WvW. No interest in the other game modes. WvW is enough fun for me.

Check out my Guardian WvW Mace/Shield & Staff Support Build:
http://goo.gl/VftpD3

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

95% of the time in in WvW. The only time I venture into PvE is when were outnumbered in a WvW map. Then I just venture into SW to make some gold. The rest of the PvE content is foreign to me outside my first 2 classes I leveled up.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I play this game for wvw, sure I do some pve because the loot in wvw is beyond terrible. And I got 15 chars to feed

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Oh I forgot to add that not only do I only do WvW, but for the last 2+ years I have played solely on my water ele giving water fields!

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

I honestly just don’t think they know anything about WvW. I don’t think the average ANet dev has the WvW attitude.

I’ve seen some of them try to run around in WvW, and they are beyond clueless. The ones I’ve seen tend to follow the PuGzerg thinking that’s what WvW is.

There was one on BG back when I played there that actually got into TS with us, and was making a strong effort to learn to WvW. He was there for several weeks in a row, and for at least 3 nights a week. He asked questions, tried tactics we asked him to try, and seemed serious about learning some of the intricacies of the game mode. He still played a ranger back then, which we told him to avoid, but it was all good. Do not know what happened to him, but at the time I was encouraged that ANet was going to make an effort to Make WvW a priority, but that has not happened.

I don’t think ANet is making changes to make WvW a negative experience. I just really believe they don’t actually know enough about the game mode for their changes to be a positive.

No one with any influence at Anet plays WvW regularly. The guy you’re talking about is Shazbawt/Chris Cleary and he certainly didn’t make much of an effort to learn WvW. He was content with dropping open field ac’s.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Urfarah.2951

Urfarah.2951

I don’t really post on the forums but this time I’m opening an exception just to say that the ONLY thing that keeps me playing GW2 (and the main reason I started playing it) is WvW (its the only time in this game that I really feel part of a community). It’s bugged as hell, its totally unbalanced (yay for crazy matchmaking) and it gives me all sorts of grief but its still the best, most singular experience this game has to offer, imo. I can’t, for the life of me, understand how Anet can create something with so much potential and treat it, and everyone who loves it, with such neglect. TBH, this golem event shenanigans is just another cherry atop my sad panda cake.

Anet will need to do much better if it ever wants to see my money again. I, like many others, even used to buy gems with money to support the game in the beginning, until I discovered how little they care about what I like the most. A LS and PvE focused “expansion”? No, thank you Anet, I don’t wanna pay to be bored to tears :p

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Dangus.6572

Dangus.6572

I would have answered yes but I’m going to give X-Com a replay this week.

If nothing else the lag in WvW has prepared me for turn-based combat!

I’m into X-COM too.

[Underworld][ZERK]

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I plaz WvW 99% of my playtime. The 1% is guild missions to get cheap ascended trinkets for all my 8 wvw characters with different builds as I dont want to keep swapping trinkets from one character to another.
16 ascended zerker rings FTW.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

I only wvw so that means im poor and have very little achievement points for someone whos played since day 1. I have no legendary to speak of and I have only ever gotten 1 precursor drop in fractals. I mean i have pve but just to get the ascended accessories and thats it. wish pvp would feel as bountiful as pve is but thats just a dream.
if anet made wvw as lucrative as pve no one do pve lets face it

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Akashi.3245

Akashi.3245

Im about 200 ranks away from platinum. Have 6 Characters (2 necro). 46% map completion on the first character i made (mainly because of guild missions), one character with 100% to make a legendary (which i hated doing). other then that all my characters have about 1 or 2% map completion. If i were to link a screenshot of the map of the one that i play on, all you would see is that i’ve run from Rata Sum to the Silverwastes and been to Lions Arch because the rewards you get from wvw are pitiful.

When i log in the first thing i do is go straight into WvW. So you could say that 99% of my time playing this game is WvW ONLY except for the time spent grinding for my legendary

Daxnas ~ Necromancer 6k + hrs | WvW Mithril | [Woe] [LATE]

(edited by Akashi.3245)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

In gw2 I do 2 things- log my alts sitting at a silver doubloon chest and play wvw. Nothing else interests me- tried the failed e-sport spvp but was too restricted and too cheesey for my liking.

But I don’t only wvw- I play a very different game too, called Guild Wars (you know, the one with…wait for it…guild wars in it).

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

Mike O’Brien already has the answer, NO ONE!

In the following link I took part of Reyana’s interview with Colin and Mike at PAX South, where Mike O’Brien schooled Reyana on the “fact” that “People don’t play one thing”. (his condescending attitude is pure gold)

This whole Golem Rush week is the result of a company that doesn’t listen to their player base, but rather tells their player base what they want/need to enjoy the game.

BTW, I only play WvW…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajDiZkUNpe0

I think you are really into PvE! https://youtu.be/4LhvuomaJaY

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Zolazie Grengche.3051

In the following link I took part of Reyana’s interview with Colin and Mike at PAX South, where Mike O’Brien schooled Reyana on the “fact” that “People don’t play one thing”. (his condescending attitude is pure gold)

This whole Golem Rush week is the result of a company that doesn’t listen to their player base, but rather tells their player base what they want/need to enjoy the game.

BTW, I only play WvW…

What the hell?! roflmao

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

illenos.5134

BTW, I only play WvW…

What the hell?! roflmao

Yeah! It seems like Mike had a good day. I also want to get paid for trolling. :P

kitten!

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

BTW, I only play WvW…

What a joke. LOL

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Truska.2064

Truska.2064

BTW, I only play WvW…

Wow… That actually explains a lot…

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

illenos.5134

Yeah he doesn’t realize that WvWers have to farm PvE or buy gems so they have enough gold to keep up playing WvW…but hey! Who cares? The numbers say WvWers are also playing PvE. GG

kitten!

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Indeed.

How many PvE players go into WvW because they are forced to? None
How many WvW players go into PvE because they are forced to? Everyone

Anets conclusion: There are no WvWers, only PvErs.

But look on the bright side, if we are all PvErs we’re not ruining their game mode.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I would suggest people watch the whole video, you can see Colin diplomatically correct Mike’s unfortunate gaffes.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: pathika.3029

pathika.3029

I play 99+% WvW only since release. My /age gives 2394 hours total GW2 time. I never was in fractals and most other dungeons. It is totally rare that I do some event. I consider PvE in GW2 well-made for leveling one or two characters but rather horrible for everything else. I’m always in need of gold and never ever got a precursor. But I have endless karma. Without WvW or “WvW” like in the mists I’m not going to play GW2 any longer.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Truska.2064

Truska.2064

I would suggest people watch the whole video, you can see Colin diplomatically correct Mike’s unfortunate gaffes.

Sry! Isn’t Mike O’Brien CEO of ANet!?

Why would an employee, “diplomatically” correcting his boss, change the impact of the head of the company’s statement? Should I deposit my faith in ANet because i know the lead developer knows what he’s doing, while the CEO is utterly clueless? Doesn’t seem logic to me…

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

illenos.5134

Sry! Isn’t Mike O’Brien CEO of ANet!?

Why would an employee, “diplomatically” correcting his boss, change the impact of the head of the company’s statement? Should I deposit my faith in ANet because i know the lead developer knows what he’s doing, while the CEO is utterly clueless? Doesn’t seem logic to me…

^This.

kitten!

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’m WvW and PvP for 95% of the time the 5% PvE is solely due to having to get items that anet saw fit to bar from the TP but I would buy them if I had the chance rather than be forced to farm them.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

As said Mike is CEO, the big boss at anet.

If the boss thinks everything is about PvE, then they need a new boss cos he has no idea his game has 3 gamemodes, not just 1!

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: LadySkylet.8549

LadySkylet.8549

Lately, these past few weeks, my will to play Gw2 has just slowly started dying.
The only thing that has been keeping me in the game is WvW.
I enjoy scouting and helping out my server.

Then this event came.. At first it were kinda funny. Then it got boring.
Then a ton of bugs popped up.. Now I don’t even feel like going into WvW.
Neither log into the game.

I login, pop my head into WvW, see a ton of golems pewpew’ing the gates, log back out.

The saddest fact is that this MU is the MU my server has been waiting for, for like.. weeks now. Just to have it ruined by bugs, crazy golems and wannabe op golem buffed people.

WvW: notice me Anet-senpai..

(edited by LadySkylet.8549)

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m taking breaks from wvw when the lags and bugs are getting to bad, when things get imbalanced, when I need mats for wvw stuff.
So yeah my playtime is currently more pve than wvw, but if wvw was properly cared for I’d only play wvw.
And yes, I’m playing this game because of wvw.

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Zolazie Grengche.3051

Lately, these past few weeks, my will to play Gw2 has just slowly started dying.
The only thing that has been keeping me in the game is WvW.
I enjoy scouting and helping out my server.

Then this event came.. At first it were kinda funny. Then it got boring.
Then a ton of bugs popped up.. Now I don’t even feel like going into WvW.
Neither log into the game.

I login, pop my head into WvW, see a ton of golems
pewpew’ing the gates, log back out.

The saddest fact is that this MU is the MU my server has been waiting for, for like.. weeks now. Just to have it ruined by bugs and crazy golems and wannabe op golem buffed people.

I’m logging in this week just for my log-in rewards, then Exit To Desktop.

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I play in WvW the most, ever have since eight months into the game I finally FOUND it.

Until then I was literally and exclusively in PvP – I didn’t even understand the game had a PvE mode.

It’s Anet’s problem that they are ignoring the best of all modes in the game – they really are doing a lot of harm to individual players, tens of thousands who play in WvW and spend a LOT of gold to do so.

WvW could be the most magical part of GW2, but Anet has deemed it to be less so with the advent of dumb things like Golem wars that aren’t doing a thing to help the real and abiding issues and skills that don’t work in WvW but do work in most other modes (exceptions are noted).

WvW is team – even with the incumbent problems, WvW is a strategic starting point where anyone with imagination and determination can do wonders even with a small group and do even more amazing things with a larger group.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I’m doing the exact same thing on both of my accounts.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Zolazie Grengche.3051

This is something that Anet should have Devs for in ALL aspects of the game. If you’re not going to try to understand the player base of a certain aspect of the game, remove it….

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: LadySkylet.8549

LadySkylet.8549

That too.. Just now I logged in just to grab my log-in reward.. Just incase, I popped my head into WvW to see if stuff is any better but nope.. So I logged off again

WvW: notice me Anet-senpai..

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

This is something that Anet should have Devs for in ALL aspects of the game. If you’re not going to try to understand the player base of a certain aspect of the game, remove it….

Remove what? WvW? This is the only reason I’m still playing this game. Tried plenty of others since playing this one and yet I get bored of them fast and come right back to just WvW.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Zolazie Grengche.3051

Remove what? WvW? This is the only reason I’m still playing this game. Tried plenty of others since playing this one and yet I get bored of them fast and come right back to just WvW.

I don’t want to see WvW removed. I am simply saying that I don’t want to be “milked” a long anymore in hopes that Anet is going to admit that their WvW player base is larger than they think, and start to fix it. What I meant in my statement is that if Anet is unable to balance 3 points on a triangle (WvW, PvP, PvE), then it’s time to admit it and drop one of them. Denying facts, and lying to string players along that WvW only is bullkitten… lol

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

Who plays WvW only?

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

How many more evidence do you want? Even Arena net President: Mike O’brien do not believe wvw do not exist. " People Do Not Go To WvW, People Do Not Play WvW?

WvW Does Not Exist!! Briggah, you, me and other wvw players have no other choice but to accept it.

Arena net: Stop wasting our time!! Stop giving us False hope!! Stop giving us empty words!! Remove it!!

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)