World vs World Holiday Sneak Peek

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

Changes look to be going the right direction, but all of these aside, as long as you don’t adress server population issues, many servers will keep having horrible WvW experiences. Or should we all ragequit and transfer to a gold server like most do and leave lower servers for dead?

tis the most meaningful comment yet to date,

not like the barricades, keeps, dolyucks, borderland change, banners and all those the so called upgrade ovehaul trash etc etc etc

the problem on the WvW is that the servers are dying exept the top tier because of population issues, now as ive proposed before to make a change that even a tier 8 server can maybe, just maybe, have a chance to beat a tier 1 server and win it on a matchup by some new mechanics
in sports there is a champion, and a so called underdog. and sometimes the underdawg wins…..

on gw2 there is a rally mechanic when you are downed for that little bit of hope left that you may get up if you continue fighting…, in WvW when your tier is down below you dont have a rally or your stuck downed and the life points continue degrading till your server is dead.

that outnumbered buff is an assurance of a “ok im outta here” saying.
if your gonna turn on the PPK, make sure those outnumbered buff is a buff to be reckoned with not to be discouraged by, pop that x10 or so on PPK when you have that buff, “A cornered animal is most dangerous.”

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Ok, lads. When?

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Ok, lads. When?

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

So when is this happening? Can we get Alpine maps back? Can you please remove banners? Kthxgbye

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Please focus on fixing bugs while you’re tinkering with WvW gameplay and such. Notable bugs that should’ve been fixed a long time ago are:

1. Wall bugs

-There are multiple bugs here, one is the walls are layered and flickering.
-Walls/doors that you can’t damage.
-Walls that you’ve knocked down to 0 health, but graphics still show up like the wall’s still there, yet you can walk through the pixels.
-Walls that get stuck at 1% health and you can’t knock it down.

2. Oasis event

-Extreme lag when you have more than a couple of groups doing it, especially so when other server’s contesting it. Lag can be felt everywhere in the zone, even at spawn.
-Warping lag, skill lag, random death lag.

This is again something that shouldn’t exist 2+ months into expansion launch. Either fix it, or disable it. And it’s a shame that the whole middle area is pointless when oasis event isn’t up. It almost look like a fun place to fight in. But most people probably avoid it like plague due to being traumatized by the oasis lag…and the fact that it’s absolutely pointless to fight over it. Please consider turning off the oasis event, and put something else in its place so players always have a reason to fight over the mid section of the map.

3. Invisible dragonhunter traps.

-I file this under bugs because something that traps me in place should not be invisible. It causes deaths and if I can’t see what’s blocking me from moving, I can’t counter it. I have to guess whether it goes away or not, if guessed wrong, I get knocked down and my skills go on cooldown, which often leads to deaths. If I stand still too long while waiting for the invis traps to go away, I may get cooked and bombed, and again leads to deaths.

Stuff like this shouldn’t exist in competitive environment. This affects both WvW & PvP. Fix it already please.

4. Stuck in place bug

-This happens everywhere in the game, and it’s worse in WvW & PvP because it causes deaths. Again this shouldn’t exist in competitive environment, and nobody would take your esports seriously if they get stuck in place for no reason. You have to emote or jump or dodge roll to get unstuck. It just happens randomly with no condi’s on you, and you have to spam different things to get unstuck. It’s just an ugly bug.

5. Bugged waypoints

-Waypoints that do not get contested even though you’re literally fighting on them. It leads to spawn rushing and create impossible to take keeps.
-On the flip side, keeps with no player attacking them, but go contested for no reason and remain so for a very long time. Waypoints are just so bugged since HoT launch…and it’s a very important part of this game mode.

6. Lords that get stuck out of place

-We took the fire keep, and the lord was stuck standing IN LAVA. So it just kept dying over and over, people revived the lord, it would still stand in lava and die again.
-Both keep & tower lords stand in weird spots, sometimes by the doors, sometimes off on the wall somewhere. Why isn’t this fixed by now?

7. Capture announcements

-This is more of a QoL improvement, but I’ll file it under bugs because it blocks my field of view and nobody asked for it. Seriously it’s intrusive, and it blocks a good portion of the screen while you’re fighting. Give us a way to disable the on-screen announcements. I’m fine with these announcements go in the chat box. I don’t need these announcements popping up regularly in middle of my screen.

8. Commander tags not showing on map

-This bug happens randomly, sometimes you see the commander tags, sometimes you don’t. Nobody knows why, it just disappears randomly, and pops back up randomly. It’s a very annoying bug when commanders are trying to coordinate on the battlefield.

9. Unable to change commander pin color while in squad

-It’s like rocket science to try to change your commander pin color if you’re already leading a squad. Sometimes commanders have to disband the squad to change the color. Sometimes they’re simply unable to change the pin color. Why is this even a problem in this game?

These bugs have been there since HoT launch, it’s now almost 3 months in, these bugs shouldn’t have lasted this long in the game. This is why players have no confidence in Anet, these bugs shouldn’t exist 2+ months into expansion launch. No other game modes have these many bugs that interfere with the gameplay. And people wonder why WvW is dying and players are avoiding it.

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I had no issue with a player rezzing another player but the mass rally bot was a pain. The new desert map is not a total loss if its made the sole map and gets some WP tweaks. A lot of good work went into it…but its missing gliding which would make it epic!

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I WILL find a game that has excellent RvR gameplay… at some point. ESO was not it, but GW2 used to be. If GW2 can’t be my game, perhaps CU, Crowfall or another game will be. I hope the developers read and take all the feedback in these forums seriously, because the players posting all want to love this game, but the game has drifted away from the promises it made and left us feeling jilted.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in WvW

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

These changes are mediocre. You should re-adjust the banners for specific situations. A lot of people in WvW are starting to quit because of the inequality in battle they pose.

I recommend that what you should do for banner is: if the server is outnumbered, they should be allowed to take any banners they want. Because for a lot of WvW focused guilds, they keep falling off hard due to the inability to compete with the enemy abusing like three or four banners at a time.

Also, a lot of people can agree with me that the individual borderlands need to be cut up a lot more, most of the t3 servers don’t even bother going to them anymore and it takes away a lot from what WvW used to be.

Just saying.

in WvW

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Only thing I disagree with in this is the lack of removal of the desert borderlands or the PvE mobs within them. I preferred the alpine Bl’s but that may be just me. Everything else looks awesome gives us roamers a chance to contribute to our server as well, thanks very much for the previews on the changes Gaile, now we just need a parallel of you for pvp changes and my faith in this game’s potential will be completely restored.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

can we make Barricades mean something?
Turn them into walls… that can be hit by players. Make them something you have to actually choose… “Do we take the time to take this down.. or do we go the long way around”

Currently they are just a minor speed bump, no different then a sentry.

Whats that supposed to make for a difference?

If it take 30 seconds to walk around a barricade as opposed to 5 minutes killing it, you walk around it.

If a zerg can kill it faster than 30 seconds, they kill it. Any other group walk around it.

It doesnt matter if the barricade has 1000hp, 10,000hp or a million hp. The critical mass of a zerg downing it faster than a smaller group can walk around is the same. If you dont want peopke walking through such a wall, it should have been part of the tower.

Which is why they are completely pointless and should be removed.

…or you just jump and climb and jump over it, right… why aren’t more people just jumping over the barricades? you don’t have to destroy them, find the spot and hop on over already

I am pretty sure those do not exist anymore. When the map was first live, I found at least one spot per set of barricades to jump over them each direction. Then a patch changed all the spots to jump over, but there were roughly the same amount of them. Then in a later patch there were much fewer spots to jump over, and most times it only from the north side to the south side. Then another patch removed all but one of the spots. I do not even remember where that last one was, as I just stopped caring to check for them after that. That last one was well over a month ago by now, so walking over the barricades has been gone for a while unless it was re-added.

I spent a few hours on the BL Monday trying to hop barricades… no longer had any luck finding the hopping spots…

GG ANET fix the kitten barricades so roamers can’t jump over them anymore, but leave the kittening broken walls everywhere… #smh

…you’re making me want to play less and less…

Edit: wow, this thread went all over the place didn’kitten sorry, I contributed to the chaos.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

(edited by Fellfoot.8156)

in WvW

Posted by: Fazz Um.1537

Fazz Um.1537

I, among many others from our server, would very much like to be updated on what is planned for WvW.

WvW is dying rapidly and these smaller updates are not going to save it I’m afraid.
There has been a lot of talk about the bigger changes that are coming and our guild and allied guilds would benefit a lot from being able to anticipate the future.

At the current rate everyone I know who plays WvW will be gone in a matter of weeks and it will be hell freezing over before any of them were to return.

Please help us discuss and plan our future better instead of us falling apart as a community in the meantime.

in WvW

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

- PVP: The META revolves around the new elite specs (so you are probably gonna loose without the expension)

What? They’re are plenty of non Elite Specs players out there that are dominating.

in WvW

Norbe.7630

ok here’s a story on my previous mmorpg its a pure PVE one and no GvG or even a PvP
on its launch it was a blast, all channels/blocks/worlds are full all the time, the events are fun specially the sudden death ranking (its the only competitive mode which you kill bosses as many as you can for 1 hour and get your name posted on the system and the forums, bragging rights).
the players asked for PvP but its a game that cant have a pvp due to its nature so i suggested that they retain the sudden death ranking cuz its the only mode that you prepare for what you grind every once in a month,
what did they did?
they killed the sudden death ranking, they focused on adding new boss for which it will only last for 5 days before one gets bored
if they only listened………
from 40 world channels down to 10 channels….
they said they reduced the channels so that “you and your friends will be able to play together and meet up easily with other people with less channels”
everyone of us knew they were lying…

i tried to save that game once, but i failed…..

i am the 5th from my ship (ship 02) on a month, and the driver of the 4th and 9th placer on the chart on my party (think of it as i drive an EoTM zerg vs a WvW zerg with a TS)
there are few matches that ive been 1st but they didnt posted it anymore due to the killing process of the rankings and focusing much on PVE
http://forums.playpark.net/index.php?/topic/249116-sudden-death-ranking-oct/

Attachments:

Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

- PVP: The META revolves around the new elite specs (so you are probably gonna loose without the expension)

What? They’re are plenty of non Elite Specs players out there that are dominating.

Dominating who? Other non-elite spec players?

:P

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

These changes are mediocre. You should re-adjust the banners for specific situations. A lot of people in WvW are starting to quit because of the inequality in battle they pose.

I recommend that what you should do for banner is: if the server is outnumbered, they should be allowed to take any banners they want. Because for a lot of WvW focused guilds, they keep falling off hard due to the inability to compete with the enemy abusing like three or four banners at a time.

Also, a lot of people can agree with me that the individual borderlands need to be cut up a lot more, most of the t3 servers don’t even bother going to them anymore and it takes away a lot from what WvW used to be.

Just saying.

Kind of a side note but to respond to you.
Pure rvr games will start strong and keep a pop for a time but in the long run they will die off becuse it is the WORST type of online gaming in the NA where a lot of the mmorpg pop comes from. There just no hook to keep ppl playing the same fights over and over in the long run something we can see in GW2 wvw but GW2 is more then just wvw the reason why GW2 should out last a lot of the up and coming games.

Any way i like to see more guild banners added to wvw but more limitation to thouts banners such as removing all skill effect from the classes that hold the banner making it a full transformation. Also making it a one banner per guild so no doubling up with public banners.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Dominating who? Other non-elite spec players?

:P

Other players.

in WvW

Norbe.7630

Just saying.

Pure rvr games will start strong and keep a pop for a time but in the long run they will die off becuse it is the WORST type of online gaming in the NA where a lot of the mmorpg pop comes from. There just no hook to keep ppl playing the same fights over and over in the long run something we can see in GW2 wvw but GW2 is more then just wvw the reason why GW2 should out last a lot of the up and coming games.

Any way i like to see more guild banners added to wvw but more limitation to thouts banners such as removing all skill effect from the classes that hold the banner making it a full transformation. Also making it a one banner per guild so no doubling up with public banners.

there is however one specific game (mmorpg) that kept the hook set and stood time until it died of the age, playing it feels like your in the game itself ,that game managed to evoke nostalgia to players till today just by hearing the main city’s theme.
the grandeur of its world cup is unparalleled in any other mmo combined

there are also few songs composed from different countries specially for that game, it also spawned a new breed of pop-culture event, the “Gaming Convention”

(song was Barrio, neighborhood/borderland in english, by Powerspoonz)
loved their lyrics, "loose yourself in this asura strike(1 hit KO skill that make you say “oh sh*T!” )and sure nuff…. we got the styles to make you stay in beat and then we break your guild and bring that on the streets, you know we represent and we come in correct, show you nuff love and respect….")

thats the mainstream before dota2 took over……. a moba
just remember…. there was a mmorpg that once ROK’d the world

Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

in WvW

Posted by: Sanity Points.8073

Sanity Points.8073

A cough medicine is useless for someone who’s already expired from Tuberculosis. The changes are far too little too late in my opinion. It’s nice seeing that after months of radio silence regarding WvW, only now that WvW has legitimately hitting a critical point does Anet finally open up to feedback.

Issues that have left more than a few players dissatisfied still remain unaddressed and untouched. When was the last time we had a WvW season? For a game mode with limited rewards, what is even the purpose now of trying to win a PPT matchup anymore? Defending objectives is still a tedious and under rewarded job, and winning a week in a tier like Tier 1 is completely pointless without seasons due to the fact that win or lose, most likely your server will still face the same servers for the next few months anyways. Any competitiveness that had once existed has long since dried up. Stab changes which has been an issue that many players have complained about still remains unaddressed. The new borderland maps vs the old alpine ones, is another example of another issue that the Devs refuse to touch. Server population still remains broken as ever, and I to this day still fail to see how their system is working as intended with servers being closed and opened seemingly at random. Giving a “new” and more “precise” population rating still doesn’t help a server like Devona’s Rest which has struggled consistently with issues of mass exoduses and population. Are there even any intention to at least try to address those issues? Even something like, “We will never bring back the Alpine maps because despite poor feedback pre-launch and the majority of players disliking the maps post-launch, we spent way too much time and money to be able to justify reverting back, so suck it up buttercups”, is better than the flat out refusal to admit that the issues exists.

So now instead we’re given another placebo pill and empty promises of “big” changes coming to WvW and issues that are left unacknowledged and unaddressed. I fail to see how changes that mostly address PPT in a dying game mode where PPT is next to pointless is any meaningful change . I’ve played in WvW much too long to be once again disillusioned by any empty promises. It is long past the point where simple transparency, which probably would have sufficed a year ago, is enough.

However, the simple fact you guys have finally broken the silence hopefully is a sign that the problems in WvW have finally been noticed. Who knows, maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised, but I know for many, it’s already much too late.

(edited by Sanity Points.8073)

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.5478

Phoenix.5478

That’s what I understand:
#1: Upgrades are still automatic with the “luxury” to delay them. TY devs
#2: (hidden msg): the new bls will stay.

I don’t understand why you just don’t hear the majority of your players?
Do you prefer watching wvw dying completely? and losing that player base?

WvW has already been damaged beyond repair. This doesn’t mean that you should not fix the wvw game mode. Too many ppl/guilds left or abandoned wvw. Some will return if the changes are good and some will not. But there are also new players, there will be new blood in wvw if you do the overhaul right.

My thoughts:
#1: Somehow remove auto upgrades, allow for real ppl interaction. As it has been stated numerous times already that causes an activity on random parts of the maps and gives ppl a reason to visit the camps/towers/keeps. The ability to delay the upgrades is something but not enough.

#2: New bls don’t have the required design for a pvp map. Too many obstacles, too big altitude difference and ofc too much pve interaction. For a pvp map it needs to be simpler (less is more), open and easily approachable. That verticality… is a killer!!!
(Imps as guards?Really?)

#1&2: Seriously now the new design failed to meet your and our expectations if you are unsure about the new changes just revert the bls/upgrade system to the old one.

Soo many times me and some friends were capturing towers for fun and upgrading them fully to have the right to say that its our tower and we were defending that tower till we die completely and get owned. We were losing hours just for that and we were having soo much fun by doing it. We were killing visitors/enemies that were trying to capture the tower etc…

I just cant get myself to enjoy the new system I love the new guild hall wvw toys you gave us with the expansion and everything (still too grindy for a mode that doesn’t sustain itself) but are useless if that game mode dies or is empty… why would I give dollies super speed if everything is always completely full? BLs are not-friendly to roamers any more and that’s where roamers would go for some old-fashioned small scaled XvX.

Like someone said already: That’s not a step to the right direction it’s more like a step not to the wrong direction.

-Edit-
#3: I hope that ppk is actually per stomp or else it will promote blobing. :P
#4: The rally change sounds very good maybe change it to 2 players to rally to support
small-team fights.

(edited by Phoenix.5478)

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Points Per Kill is going to be awesome.

Now I just need to find someone to kill.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Boss Nomad.6487

Boss Nomad.6487

Please focus on fixing bugs while you’re tinkering with WvW gameplay and such. Notable bugs that should’ve been fixed a long time ago are:

1. Wall bugs

-There are multiple bugs here, one is the walls are layered and flickering.
-Walls/doors that you can’t damage.
-Walls that you’ve knocked down to 0 health, but graphics still show up like the wall’s still there, yet you can walk through the pixels.
-Walls that get stuck at 1% health and you can’t knock it down.

2. Oasis event

-Extreme lag when you have more than a couple of groups doing it, especially so when other server’s contesting it. Lag can be felt everywhere in the zone, even at spawn.
-Warping lag, skill lag, random death lag.

This is again something that shouldn’t exist 2+ months into expansion launch. Either fix it, or disable it. And it’s a shame that the whole middle area is pointless when oasis event isn’t up. It almost look like a fun place to fight in. But most people probably avoid it like plague due to being traumatized by the oasis lag…and the fact that it’s absolutely pointless to fight over it. Please consider turning off the oasis event, and put something else in its place so players always have a reason to fight over the mid section of the map.

3. Invisible dragonhunter traps.

-I file this under bugs because something that traps me in place should not be invisible. It causes deaths and if I can’t see what’s blocking me from moving, I can’t counter it. I have to guess whether it goes away or not, if guessed wrong, I get knocked down and my skills go on cooldown, which often leads to deaths. If I stand still too long while waiting for the invis traps to go away, I may get cooked and bombed, and again leads to deaths.

Stuff like this shouldn’t exist in competitive environment. This affects both WvW & PvP. Fix it already please.

4. Stuck in place bug

-This happens everywhere in the game, and it’s worse in WvW & PvP because it causes deaths. Again this shouldn’t exist in competitive environment, and nobody would take your esports seriously if they get stuck in place for no reason. You have to emote or jump or dodge roll to get unstuck. It just happens randomly with no condi’s on you, and you have to spam different things to get unstuck. It’s just an ugly bug.

5. Bugged waypoints

-Waypoints that do not get contested even though you’re literally fighting on them. It leads to spawn rushing and create impossible to take keeps.
-On the flip side, keeps with no player attacking them, but go contested for no reason and remain so for a very long time. Waypoints are just so bugged since HoT launch…and it’s a very important part of this game mode.

6. Lords that get stuck out of place

-We took the fire keep, and the lord was stuck standing IN LAVA. So it just kept dying over and over, people revived the lord, it would still stand in lava and die again.
-Both keep & tower lords stand in weird spots, sometimes by the doors, sometimes off on the wall somewhere. Why isn’t this fixed by now?

7. Capture announcements

-This is more of a QoL improvement, but I’ll file it under bugs because it blocks my field of view and nobody asked for it. Seriously it’s intrusive, and it blocks a good portion of the screen while you’re fighting. Give us a way to disable the on-screen announcements. I’m fine with these announcements go in the chat box. I don’t need these announcements popping up regularly in middle of my screen.

8. Commander tags not showing on map

-This bug happens randomly, sometimes you see the commander tags, sometimes you don’t. Nobody knows why, it just disappears randomly, and pops back up randomly. It’s a very annoying bug when commanders are trying to coordinate on the battlefield.

9. Unable to change commander pin color while in squad

-It’s like rocket science to try to change your commander pin color if you’re already leading a squad. Sometimes commanders have to disband the squad to change the color. Sometimes they’re simply unable to change the pin color. Why is this even a problem in this game?

These bugs have been there since HoT launch, it’s now almost 3 months in, these bugs shouldn’t have lasted this long in the game. This is why players have no confidence in Anet, these bugs shouldn’t exist 2+ months into expansion launch. No other game modes have these many bugs that interfere with the gameplay. And people wonder why WvW is dying and players are avoiding it.

This is a good list of the current bugs in WvW.

New content and changes to existing content are important and make WvW a bit better place however bugs that limit gameplay makes the experience in WvW a lot worse.

Please fix the bugs more actively. I would prioritize fixing bugs over finding changes that could make WvW a better place.

I don’t like to run around a tower clicking on every wall to find out which one does not show a health bar and is destroyed.

I don’t like to see a commander placing catapults about to destroy a wall that cannot be destroyed.

I also don’t like to find out that a contested keep was not contested by a player.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I went to EB the other day. As I was running around, I noticed our keep (Green) was constantly being contested. After searching for a roamer, I found the cause. There was an Archer aggro’ing a Marsh Drake. I promptly left and went back to farming PvE events!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

In zergs there are some solid non-elite specs but anything mid to small scale is completely blanketed by elite specs. I haven’t seen a non-elite spec win a duel, 1v1 or skirmish in a long time. When we see one, we obliterate them since they are generally easy targets to blow up.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Still no red post after 13 pages of posts?

It’s nice to see anet showing the same commitment to WvW as they did before HoT release, even though they said they would prioritise WvW are HoT release.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

It’s nice to see anet showing the same commitment to WvW as they did before HoT release, even though they said they would prioritise WvW are HoT release.

They’ve prioritized WvW but by destroying WvW and turning the game into pve.

shit guardian on maguuma

(edited by MadBomber.3719)

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

My thoughts on the PVE Oasis event in the middle of the BLs. I think , if they insist on keeping it, that the area is a small keep/tower. A server has to OWN the cannon to successfully do the event. Enemy servers could, then, try to stop them from collecting the stones/orbs…whatever. Then it becomes something that provides PPT AND becomes a borderland-wide weapon.

As it exists now, it’s ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

This forum has always had a “drive-by” style presence from Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

2 posts from gaile on the frirst page. 16 days ago we had 3 posts from zachary… somewhere aroung page 7 i think.

But yeah… 5 red posts in13 pages is sad.
And still no answer to the “when” and still no Bugfixes for the walls and waypoints and all the kittening broken stuff in WvW.
And again it feels like talking to a closed door, hoping that someone hears us. While the devs already sneaked out through the backdoor long ago.
WvW is running out of time. More and more ppl just loose faith and give up. Everyday you guys (yes, i mean YOU Anet devs!) stay quiet, everyday without a bugfix you loose ppl and make the remaining ppl more angry and frustratet. When i look at the world selection screen i’m scared. So many medium servers, so few verry high. It won’t take long till even T1 servers drop to medium…
knocks on the red door "Hello? any one there? Do you here me? Helloooohoooo?*

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

So the small changes in the Holiday Sneak Peak are due in the next update or with the WvW Overhaul? When is the WvW Overhaul released anyway?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So the small changes in the Holiday Sneak Peak are due in the next update or with the WvW Overhaul? When is the WvW Overhaul released anyway?

Not in the next update, at some indeterminate point in the future. I would guess that thee changes if they go ahead will come before the actual overhaul. At this point I think all the proposed changes have been received 100% favourably except for the down state change.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

My point is that whenever it comes to fixes and updates for WvW, it’s always been a carrot on a stick.

Trying to trick us into staying in this game hoping they’ll do something Soon™, when in fact they plan to do the bare minimum if they can, and if they can get away with it, absolutely nothing at all!

This game is not what is keeping me playing, it’s my guild!
If my guild were to go play another game, I would go with them in less than a heartbeat and never look back at this shambles of a game!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

If my guild were to go play another game, I would go with them in less than a heartbeat and never look back at this shambles of a game!

I can sympathize with that.

I also noted a lot of this sentiment as well from my own observations. It seems like more and more folks on our server are pretty much sticking with their own guilds, trying to enjoy whatever wvw the game has left.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’m the same, I probably would have left the game 1-2 years ago if not for my guild.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

+1, WvW is boring and buggy as heck. If it wasn’t for guild raid nights, I wouldn’t be playing this game at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Not in the next update, at some indeterminate point in the future. I would guess that thee changes if they go ahead will come before the actual overhaul. At this point I think all the proposed changes have been received 100% favourably except for the down state change.

The changes are all trival, none of them requires any real programing, with the minor exception of the Rally mechanism, and that can’t be all that difficult to change from 5 to 1. This is more of the same from Anet, this isn’t a priority, if it was a priority it would have be announced and get released on Tuesday. And if, in fact, it does get released on Tuesday then then should fire their PR team… Zero Kittens given.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The changes are all trival, none of them requires any real programing, with the minor exception of the Rally mechanism, and that can’t be all that difficult to change from 5 to 1. This is more of the same from Anet, this isn’t a priority, if it was a priority it would have be announced and get released on Tuesday. And if, in fact, it does get released on Tuesday then then should fire their PR team… Zero Kittens given.

They don’t seem to have any sense of urgency. Either they don’t realize the gravity of the situation, or they do… and knowing it’s all over they’re now just stringing people along for as long as possible.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

They’ll make the changes as soon as a wvw dev becomes available. But first they will have to appoint one. Then train them up. Then get them back from working on other stuff as they pulled them off to help on some other project.

So, proposed minor tweaks around April. Wvw overhaul- your guess is as good as mine, I’ll go for August. I’m not saying what year.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

They just need to read the suggestions here in the forums or reddit, there are lots of good ideas no need for interviews.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Norbe.7630

This is a good list of the current bugs in WvW.

New content and changes to existing content are important and make WvW a bit better place however bugs that limit gameplay makes the experience in WvW a lot worse.

Please fix the bugs more actively. I would prioritize fixing bugs over finding changes that could make WvW a better place.

I don’t like to run around a tower clicking on every wall to find out which one does not show a health bar and is destroyed.

I don’t like to see a commander placing catapults about to destroy a wall that cannot be destroyed.

I also don’t like to find out that a contested keep was not contested by a player.

i think the bugs were tolerable atm,
we managed to WvW with that bugs for a few months without a flinch

“oh, the wall is bugged kitten , oh well we just place another one…”
“eyes on keep? , seems clear, maybe a tap”
etc etc etc

but lately what kept the people away from WvW is that outnumbered buff, coverage, PPT, population, lack of equality among servers, those are the frustations from old WvWers and new ones alike.

if they solve, *if, the issue on bugs 1st instead of new content or changes to the existing then it will surely cut half on the time bomb ticking till it blows GW2 WvW population
thats from a POV from a server who is not in a T1, remember that.

its Anet’s choice if they want the time bomb to blow 50% earlier or………..

and as to the PVE, its not the reason why GW2 holds the crown, its the “guild wars”

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Absurd.2947

Absurd.2947

Enough of this complaining and legitimate feedback, please enjoy the new mini arrowhead and reappearing stag helm skin.

in WvW

Norbe.7630

Enough of this complaining and legitimate feedback, please enjoy the new mini arrowhead and reappearing stag helm skin.

When i try to wear that mini on WvW it says:

“Miniatures have been hidden due to declining player population.”

everyone needs to breath some fresh air too

Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

in WvW

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

So when is this happening? Can we get Alpine maps back? Can you please remove banners? Kthxgbye

apparently mini arrowhead and other sPvP changes are more important, lol.

Anet really wants the WvW community to die, they are such an epic fail.

in WvW

Posted by: omegazone.9254

omegazone.9254

honestly these changes sound like a great start. Turning off the timer on upgrading is a good idea, but will will not really improve the core issue which is that servers with a coverage advantage will still be able to upgrade things quite easily with no effort other than the initial blob karma train i.e. server A&B goes to bed at midnight, server C Karma Trains for 1 hour longer…. the keeps and towers they cap will upgrade quickly with the usain bolt dolly’s feeding them and no one from server C even has to be there.

My suggestion for this would be that either a.) someone from server C still has to be present to activate the next upgrade tree (isn’t this common sense?) and/or b.) at the very least reduce the effectiveness of the dollys from the 3 south camps (either slow them down or reduce frequency).

Also the way points are silly….. Waypoints only at T3 (like SM) and whoever owns the T3 Keep should be able to use them (so home team can have WP in side keep if they get it to T3). This would bring a lot more interest back to WvW as people would have an actual incentive to defend their territory.

Well i am sure it has already been said but as a former scout in wvw, i made it my personal goal to upgrade and siege up defence on the keeps towers etc, in a sense it was my personal challenge to make sure that as a scout i informed commanders etc that help was needed for defence, or i/we needed to escort dolly’s in for supplies, or that our waypoint was complete and ready to use.
But now there are no scouts, there is no personal benefit from staying in a keep for several hours, no one wants to defend something that is no longer a value.

We need own person to activate next upgrade, to escort dolly’s, to defend a wp that is our’s so we capture and upgrade then we hold the waypoint just like before same as the enemy would do we need to bring it back so whomever captures and upgrades the keep will hold the use of the waypoint.
This in turn gives value to defending the home border land and also enemy captured keeps and gives it back some personal feeling to the wvw dedicated players.

So this is for all the Scouts out there !

(Blub) Brotherhood of blub
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

But now there are no scouts, there is no personal benefit from staying in a keep for several hours, no one wants to defend something that is no longer a value.

There was little personal benefits from staying in a keep for hours before HoT either.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

There was little personal benefits from staying in a keep for hours before HoT either.

Before it was not so much but you at least had running upgrades (curse players for taking supply) and making sure it had siege to defend it, but update after update they made it harder and harder to defend were the big kitten up was were AOE can hit any siege you put at a wall.

I remember defending my home (Cliff side) for like 8hour and you felt so good when you alone or with 1-2 more stopped a enemy Group off 10-20players because they cod not build own AC/Balistas to counter the defending siege.

in WvW

Posted by: TheBlueLight.1762

TheBlueLight.1762

I like the changes, but no rally and rezz. I kind a like to rally sometimes lol. However make it 3 instead of 5 not 1. And no revive in combat, kind a gets a exploit on defense with AC right as long as people are in combat no mass ress etc.? While sieging is kind a fun, if you don’t have to completely run back as a group all the time for you run out of numbers, for it will end up in a siege war. I can understand the small more skilled group against bigger group, but sometimes this is still the case.

As some guild groups are pretty much strong, however there is also a majority of players less skilled and enjoys the game, once it becomes to hard to sustain for that kind of players the numbers in WvW might even drop even more. So i think should be carefull about those changes. Maybe -10/20% incoming damage bonus when outnumbered or running with less than 20 in a certain radius an option if possible

in WvW

Posted by: Kajum.7531

Kajum.7531

In my opinion it is a roll back for some facts and a upgrade for others – the right way.

The problem with changing modes and killing them stays for anet since gw1. If you take a look at the pvp-area which was great you see that they killed several modes to bring a new one (codex 0players in prime time)

On this way they will argue again with the new maps “All player love them and more player on these maps than on the old.” I dont understand why they killed the Quaggan on Alpine-Boarder and make ruins just to return to PvE kitten on the new. If they are up horrible lags start for many player.

Last but not least you, A-Net, said that the Alpine-Boarders and Desert-Boarders will be in rotation or something like that after some weeks of Desert only. Where are they?

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Well, WvW may be a priority with some people at Anet, or at least some people care about it as a game mode, but so far it appears to me as priorities get moved up the decision making chain, priorities are getting either stacked on top of WvW, or WvW is being “temporarily” side tracked. If we really take an unbiased look at the current state of the game, nearly all aspects could be considered to be in serious need of attention in one way or another. It’s not hard to imagine right now, that while focusing on WvW after the release of HoT was going to be a priority, you don’t start renovating the bathroom when the livingroom and bedrooms are on fire… Which I still contend, the responsibility for that lies at the feet of Mike O’Brien and upper management, not the devs in the trenches cranking out code, and generating ideas….

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

And no revive in combat, kind a gets a exploit on defense with AC right as long as people are in combat no mass ress etc.? While sieging is kind a fun, if you don’t have to completely run back as a group all the time for you run out of numbers, for it will end up in a siege war. I can understand the small more skilled group against bigger group, but sometimes this is still the case

I dont quite understand what you mean? People cant hardres under a barrage of arrowcarts now either, the combat change wouldnt make much of a difference. The siege war is already a fact and was in effect long before HoT (ever fought Rivercart in their prime?).

in WvW

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

Just saying.

It’s definitely not the worst type of online gaming, there’s no other game where you take 50 people in coordinated tactical combat to literally go and kill other players. Maybe you don’t know about it or you haven’t seen it in action, the reason WvW is still alive is because of those coordinated and tactically coordinated guilds that actually do warfare in WvW. Here are a few examples:

This kind of combat still exists and my guild even does it a bunch of the guilds on my servers do it, and it led us to victory for several wvw seasons. But it’s a lot more fun than PvE and I can gurantee it. You just need to learn how to do it, and make the most of it.