WvW Dissolve Servers & Embrace Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Please discuss Megaserver based solutions here.

Reserved for Lead Topic Contributor – Swagger.1459

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Diku.2546

Reserved for discussion by Swagger.1459

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Diku.2546

Reserved for Topic Links by Swagger.1459

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Swagger
I’ll be honest. I don’t have the resource to manage & maintain this Topic thread & hope you will help with this endeavor.

I’ll be looking for PMs from you to Update the Top 3 or 4 postings of this Topic Thread.

Diku

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Subversion.2580

Subversion.2580

Thumbs up for an interesting topic. The topic, however, is in dire need of coherent terminology and to define some sort of structure.

People need to see and clarify what something like a Megaserver solution does and what it doesn’t.

Guilds, Servers and Megaservers
Whether we talk about preserving servers, combining servers or breaking up servers in favour of guild-driven constellations, the two latter only adds weekly variation and ways to pair different player-communities together. They do not deal with the discrepancies or disparities of populations and weekly pairings directly. They provide a greater variety in how we could pair things, they do not say anything about how we pair the matchups.

Moving towards Megaservers does, as such, not directly solve the population issues and neither are other solutions (that involve preserving servers or rotating guilds) disqualified from solving the population issues. Megaservers and mega-guilds provide a framework for greater weekly variation, that’s all they do.

The population issue itself is solved by direct gameplay balance (ie., it began to profile and become a problem after the stability nerf), by more accurate and timely updates on population statistics and by letting population factor into the pairing of opponents in relation to tallied scores.

So Megaservers does not solve or ruin anything by itself, it’s an option to discuss in order to determine how friends and enemies should relate to oneanother. To solve the population issues we need to look at those three other things: How size disparity should balance in gameplay, more effectively factor into weekly matchups and/or whether (relative-) population itself should be a direct factor in the draw for matchups, map access, score and tally of scores.

The maps
I would favour rollback to Alpine, a lesson learnt for Anet, a future where Anet look at how Wargaming (the industry leaders of map rotations) handle map diversity and rotation (by keeping recognizable templates but repurposing details, such as simply moving obstacles and objectives while preserving the general lay of the land) and an implementation of some kind of rotation.

If handled well, this can lead to a better variation and available diversity to rotate over for a future system that is built to maintain some dynamics and rotations.

New maps are good, the map we got with HoT is bad because of it’s inability to put opposing groups together (size, routes, superfluous effects, terrain). A dislike of the Deserted borderlands does not equate a dislike of new maps. We can critize the new map but still be in favour of new maps.

There are plenty of maps, in eg., WoT, where they have only moved the score zones around and shifted the season of the map to another theme. That would be akin to a variation of EB where SM is removed and replaced with an additional tower each at each entrance. That’s what we players referred to when we asked about new maps, we never asked for multi-leveled, supersized, event-stocked, bouncing, pushing, stealthing, shielding, dinosaur-guarded orbital-striking and tactivated effects.

An example of yet another system
Dynamic overflows are not bad, just because OS was labelled an overflow it never has served as. Perhaps a system with lower caps that rotate new maps in dynamically and let their value and score reflect their populations – eg., the more players a server have on a map relative the others at any given time the less valuable the map becomes. That would go a long way to deal with both timezone issues and population issues – without necessarily hamfisting timezone restrictions and rather softly encouraging off-timezone communities (like the communities on AU-heavy US servers or CAN-heavy EU servers) to spread thin for content and value.

That would at least present them with an option and a dynamic – rather than a volatile situation where they are either too important or not important enough – a dynamic that is the same for every timezone: If you outnumber at any time and get added to a flow with no opposition, your contribution will be less important for the score.

That’s the best suggestion I can come up with, off the top of my head.

- Lower cap, to ensure most servers have coverage, that also helps performance issues.
- Create dynamic generation of each available map (eg., several EBG’s) over the cap.
- Either preserve or remove the EB / border norm or slim it down (4->4->4 or 1->1->1).
- Add a map rotation to the dynamically generated flows, or not (EB1->BL1->BL2).
- Keep the traditional servers, or add a mega-server/mega-guild rotation if you want.
- Roll back the stability nerf: mobility should be norm and immobility an exception.
- The stability nerf has only aided larger groups and execerbated the population issue.

(edited by Subversion.2580)

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Subversion
It’s Swagger’s idea, but I’m glad you’re contributing in a positive way to expand this idea.

I have to agree with you about the Alpine maps. I would favor a rollback to them.

Diku

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

The biggest problem with WvW is and has always been the fact that it rewards pvdoor more then pvp. You should gain more progression thru fighting other player then thru anything else in wvw.

Not that the maps are harder to get around and you can’t red zerg other teams as much it makes even more sense to make the change

What about people who kill farm each other you say? Well you can have diminishing returns on killing the same person with in a set time and make it banable.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I have been in favour of a faction/alliance based (megaserver utilizing) system for a long time now. It seems obvious to me that it offers a very clear benefit over the current server based system.

People want to stick with the server based system because it offers server pride and a way to artificially stay at the top (via server transfers). However, a faction based system will not remove the pride aspect that people talk about, as that will shift to faction pride instead, and by removing the server system altogether and implementing a megaserver driven system, you remove the issue of players joining the strongest servers because player population will be handled by the megaserver. The megaserver will also improve population balance through the night and reduce/remove queue times by opening new map instances.

Population balance needs to be controlled, but at the moment the only control in place is a gem fee. Which has allowed the player base to abuse the system and unbalance server populations. By shifting population control to the megaserver, you can ensure every map you join will be fair (in terms of population) on all sides. Of course you may get the issue of players migrating all to one faction, but if the only benefit is an aesthetic one, players are very likely to balance out across all three factions (or however many they add). Personally, I think a three faction system would be ideal, because player choice would be very limited and population balance can be controlled better.

On top of that, by using the megaserver to control population balance, if one faction has more players than the others it can implement a temporary queue system when populations get really unbalanced. So for example, say The Order of Whispers have 1000 players tryng to enter WvW, but the Priory and Vigil both have only 500 each. The mega server could open enough map instances to ensure equal numbers on all sides, then put the remaining 500 in a queue system. Or alternatively, offer a temporary faction change when populations are too high on your faction. But to be honest, if you remove nationality, region, or any other real world aspect to the side select process, and make it a purely aesthetic one, I cannot see the sides getting that unbalanced.

The only major issue I can see from implementing this system, is how large guilds will be distributed, and how map mechanics such as upgrades and resources across several map instances will be handled.

This system will not cure all the ills of WvW, and it would require a substantial amount of work to implement right. But it would help with population balance, which in my opinion is a massive issue in the current server based system. In sPvP you might be able to tip the scales in your favour, by creating a premade group, but you have no choice over how many players are on each side. And the same should be true (to a certain extent) in WvW. Fix map populations and half the battle is won.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Please discuss Megaserver based solutions here.

Reserved for Lead Topic Contributor – Swagger.1459

Reserved for discussion by Swagger.1459

Reserved for Topic Links by Swagger.1459

@Swagger
I’ll be honest. I don’t have the resource to manage & maintain this Topic thread & hope you will help with this endeavor.

I’ll be looking for PMs from you to Update the Top 3 or 4 postings of this Topic Thread.

Diku

Diku, I understand you have put a lot of effort into your ideas and I respect that, but I respectfully request that you not take quotes from different threads and reply to them in different places. I also respectfully request that you not nominate me to be a lead or representative about a topic you created without asking me first. This is not my topic, I’m only a contributor. I’m not the topic author, you are, and I had zero responsibility with you creating this thread. Additionally, what you are doing is misleading to myself and other, and what you are doing takes comments and intent completely out of context.

Despite all your good intentions and hard work, your posting methods like these do not promote healthy discussions, idea sharing and debates.

Thank you.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The biggest problem with WvW is and has always been the fact that it rewards pvdoor more then pvp. You should gain more progression thru fighting other player then thru anything else in wvw.

Thats not WvW. That glorified sPvP. The notion that PvP should matter more than the reason WvW even exist as a gameplay mode is absolutely ridiculous. PvP in WvW is supposed to come naturally from trying to control and hold objectives, not be artificially inflated by the need to kill things for progression.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Megaservers as they are in PvE (which is technically what WvW is lol) is definitely not what I would ever want. It would only hinder playing with people you want to play with as well as messing things up royally.

If there was some kind of multi server system which say correlated coverage and player numbers and would allow a few servers on the same team to fight a super server then I could be game.

Example: vabbi, ruins of surmia and ring of fire vs dzagonur and Miller sound vs angry rock. That I could enjoy if it allows for a varied experience which lets otherwise low population servers have weeks with higher team population and other weeks where it’s the usual 3 server fights.

I’d also like a way to either have a free transfer every few months or something so I can play with all my friends on other servers every now and then. Would also be nice to be able to WvW with my guild on deso for guild missions too.

in WvW

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Problem will not be resolved. Problem i see is that it always has bin The strong will gather up vs the weak numbers. since you got guild with large numbers of active vs smaller ones.. Well do the math. not long the exploit & the rage comes back.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Thats not WvW. That glorified sPvP. The notion that PvP should matter more than the reason WvW even exist as a gameplay mode is absolutely ridiculous. PvP in WvW is supposed to come naturally from trying to control and hold objectives, not be artificially inflated by the need to kill things for progression.

Yeah I see people say this all the time. Yet the longest running rvr centerd game (DaoC) tied gaining realm rank to realm points from kills and it worked great.

Keeps gave you a place to flee or stage attacks, when ever a guard was killed it would say how many enemies were near it. Also the more enemy keeps you took the less guards the enemy had at relic keeps.

You said pvp should happen well people do objectives well that’s not what happens, alot of the time it’s big balls of people just avoiding each other and back capping. Objectives that force a fight are also a big part of spvp but work better there since the game are short.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yeah I see people say this all the time. Yet the longest running rvr centerd game (DaoC) tied gaining realm rank to realm points from kills and it worked great.

It probably did. But it mattering more than holding objectives is still ridiculous. Kills giving server points is reasonable, I dont mind that.

Zergs avoiding each other and backcapping isnt the source of any problem though, its just the end result. Theres simply not enough coverage across 4 maps. Otherwise fights will happen naturally. EB often manages just fine and there is a reason for that.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It probably did. But it mattering more than holding objectives is still ridiculous. Kills giving server points is reasonable, I dont mind that.

Zergs avoiding each other and backcapping isnt the source of any problem though, its just the end result. Theres simply not enough coverage across 4 maps. Otherwise fights will happen naturally. EB often manages just fine and there is a reason for that.

Spot on, it comes back to population, and the poor design of the desert BL has contributed to pop decline. Which was the feedback given to anet with the beta testing.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Tsnami Serene.8905

Tsnami Serene.8905

Sigh…It looks like one favorite things in this game is going to die. HOW COULD YOU ANET GUYS/GIRLS. Coming all they way from the bottom and siege humping,tower protection, amazing hidden techniques, work together as a server and clawing our way to the top tier will be all in vain. >.< Yes there are alot of things wrong with WvW but doing this megaserver will kill WvW totally. you have so many guild on a server that are loyal WvW players and we just lose them. Sigh again just kill this game already bc htat is what you are doing.

in WvW

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Being realistic there is no more server identity as guilds have disbanded, members have dispersed to join other guilds or left the game, only to repeat the process again and again, and people has transferred a million times.

Figure out a system where people have people to fight at all hours of the day/night and maps are populated . Megaserver if necessary, just do something.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

It’s kind of amusing seeing the “save server identity” and the anti-megaserver comments…

According to the devs, most wvwer accounts participate in pve where they enjoy the benefits of megaserver…

Spvp players gain the benefit of megaserver.

Eotm is always packed and players are enjoying the benefits of megaserver.

Some of you want fuller bl, bl, bl and EB maps, yet still think the segregated server idea is good…

Also, you see the word “megaserver” and assume that means eotm gameplay mechanics… “Megaserver” = more players being placed on the same map… And that’s what you all want but fight against… Not logical… Not rational…

“But if we had a free server transfer”…. And left other servers with less wvw population…

“But if we took out auto upgrades”… This won’t make a difference…

“But if we just closed down and merged servers”… You mean the servers where thousands upon thousands upon thousands of players are enjoying pve and not interested in wvw… just for the benefit of YOUR wvw experience… Pretty nice and selfish of some of you to destroy pve communities for the sole benefit of YOUR wvw experience…

“But we don’t need rewards because true wvw players fight for server honor and don’t need rewards”… Meanwhile you are in pve building up your ascended equipment to gain a competitive gear edge…

Not logical… Not rational…

The devs are sitting back and looking at and compiling a list of wvw complaints, then looking at some of your suggestions going… Huh? What? Really?… And this is probably why it’s standard protocol to not talk and just find their own solutions because there are very little viable solutions being offered or presented… And what decent solutions pop up occasionally get drown out by the “noise”… So the devs just ask some friends and family members to give the green light on stuff and call it a coding day…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

According to the devs, most wvwer accounts participate in pve where they enjoy the benefits of megaserver…

Who said that wvw players are enjoying it and not enduring? I couldn’t find any source for it, and I personally hate megaserver even in pve.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Who said that wvw players are enjoying it and not enduring? I couldn’t find any source for it, and I personally hate megaserver even in pve.

In PvE, I don’t mind it. I sort of like being guilds that have members spread out on other servers and yet still play together, I have too many friends on other servers that I wouldn’t be able to play with without Megaservers for PvE.

However, I do enjoy PvE as a past time, though I am in WvW a lot more than PvE cause I enjoy that area for offering unpredictable challenges. I mean example, I want to cap South west camp in a BL, I go and start, and here comes another’s servers’ player to either cap it or defend it, and then the fight just took on a whole different perspective cause its not like super easy to beat most good roamers.

I’d still likely embrace megaservers, but I’d be sure to run with friends then for roaming and not just go off and roam alone.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Who said that these wvwers don’t enjoy pve? Who said anything about enjoying it or not? The point is… for whatever reason they enjoy/are reaping/gaining the BENEFITS of megaserver… That’s the main message…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Who said that these wvwers don’t enjoy pve? Who said anything about enjoying it or not? The point is… for whatever reason they are reaping the benefits of megaserver… That’s the main message…

I got more downside with megaservers in pve than benefits, so nope, I’m not reaping the benefits of megaserver in pve. The first and most important point, it’s now impossible to call ppl to wvw in pve as no server-based location.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Bubi.5237)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Who said that these wvwers don’t enjoy pve? Who said anything about enjoying it or not? The point is… for whatever reason they are reaping the benefits of megaserver… That’s the main message…

I always stay on a map when it’s about to be closed – cause I don’t like the crowded megaservers.
I agree with Bubi: before you generalize – ask.

ETA: The only good things from the megaservers are being able to fill a map for a huge event (world bosses) and being able to play with people from other servers. But it was the nail in the coffin for my server which had a huge PvE and also WvW community (who were constantly fighting) – we were all sad when that broke apart.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

So now that we have negotiated one sentence and the meaning of words like “enjoy” and “reaping” in megaserver context, let’s all look at the whole post and think about it before the next series of discussions…

in WvW

Bubi.5237

So now that we have negotiated one sentence and the meaning of words like “enjoy” and “reaping”, let’s all look at the whole post and think about it before the next series of discussions…

Hmm… so that megaservers were a backstep for an enjoyable game for me in pve so if they did the same for WvW it’ll have the same results, so I’m against it?

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Go back and look at my edit… Players are enjoying/gaining/reaping/ the benefits of MEGASERVER TECHNOLOGY.

It has nothing to do with their level of personal enjoyment…

There is a difference….

When players are going for events and there are lots of people there to complete it… They are enjoying/reaping/gaining the benefits of MEGASERVER TECHNOLOGY in action….

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Go back and look at my edit… Players are enjoying/gaining/reaping/ the benefits of MEGASERVER TECHNOLOGY.

It has nothing to do with their level of personal enjoyment…

There is a difference….

When players are going for events and there are lots of people there to complete it… They are enjoying/reaping/gaining the benefits of MEGASERVER TECHNOLOGY in action….

And I’m not?
All I get is difficulty to reach my fellow servermates in pve while not gaining any advantage to my pve gameplay? If I wanted to do a HYPERBIGPVE-metaevent, I could guest to a server which did it organized, with TS, commanders, etc, while if I wanted to have fun with my servermates I could do that easily. Now I’m surrounded with random ppl in pve, thanks to the MEGASERVER TECHNOLOGY!

And if playing a game “has nothing to do with their level of personal enjoyment…” then I believe there is something really wrong with it.. I mean.. a game not played for enjoyment?

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Put a series of words and phrases into better context please.

Also, read the entirety of the post for the main messages…

Let’s not niggle about the use of A word and take it out of context…

“Enjoy the benefits of megaserver” and “enjoy megaserver” are two different things… The key word there is “benefits”…

Additionally, I’m not going to continue a discussion about a singular word taken out of context…

Edit- and this is precisely the “noise” I’m talking about in the big post I made…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Put a series of words and phrases into better context please.

Also, read the entirety of the post for the main messages…

Let’s not niggle about the use of A word and take it out of context…

“Enjoy the benefits of megaserver” and “enjoy megaserver” are two different things… The key word there is “benefits”…

And as I said it in a few post before, I don’t get benefits from megaserver?
My summed “benefits” are negative, so even if it gives me some, it takes away way more, making it hard to call “benefit”.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Ok

Fifteen characters.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

So 12 posts about one word that was taken out of context…

Meanwhile the rest of the 10 main messages just sit there…

Pretty sad and point proven yet again…

This community won’t grow…

in WvW

Bubi.5237

So 12 posts about one word that was taken out of context…

Meanwhile the rest of the 10 main messages just sit there…

Pretty sad and point proven yet again…

This community won’t grow…

One word?
I was speaking about that megaserver was bad for (my) pve, you said that megaserver was good for pve so it will be good for wvw.. but that’s not true according to my reasoning.
What kind of out-of-context are you speaking about?
Isn’t this thread about megaserver in wvw?
The Title says so.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

I think that I’m starting to understand the devs more and more.

I made a post last night about some game messes and lack of communication, but I think I may just have to start trying to put more trust in the devs.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Jana.6831

Yeah, you sure make as much sense as them.

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Yeah, you sure make as much sense as them.

Nah, he made more sense.. I mean he at least said that he has ~800 ranks, most of them from eotm… that’s a level higher compared to the average wvw dev “interactions” we had, we can at least understand why he thinks these ideas are good.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

And 5 years of rvr experience and some arena experience as well, and playing roles in pvp environments/modes such as team heal, disruption, cc, buff/debuff, melee and ranged dps, some tanking and combinations of these… But I’m just a very part time ktrain eotm kiddie after the last wvw tournament and spend more time in pve now because all wvw related player vs player stuff here is boring and unrewarding as hell…

Even without my past experiences, gw2 wvw is not hard to figure peeps…

in WvW

Jana.6831

That’s nice but servers are a delicate thing.
Wvw is psychology to a huge part – you can’t just mash everything together and expect it to work.
And if you don’t even play wvw why do you think you can say what it needs?

in WvW

Swagger.1459

I think you missed the part about “after last tournament”…

Please read so I don’t have to post in circles clarifying and reclarifying over and over…

in WvW

Jana.6831

The last wvw tournament was 1,5 years ago.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Yup

Fifteen characters

in WvW

Swagger.1459

So let’s all enjoy my original post from today…

It’s kind of amusing seeing the “save server identity” and the anti-megaserver comments…

Spvp players gain the benefit of megaserver.

Eotm is always packed and players are enjoying the benefits of megaserver.

Some of you want fuller bl, bl, bl and EB maps, yet still think the segregated server idea is good…

Also, you see the word “megaserver” and assume that means eotm gameplay mechanics… “Megaserver” = more players being placed on the same map… And that’s what you all want but fight against… Not logical… Not rational…

“But if we had a free server transfer”…. And left other servers with less wvw population…

“But if we took out auto upgrades”… This won’t make a difference…

“But if we just closed down and merged servers”… You mean the servers where thousands upon thousands upon thousands of players are enjoying pve and not interested in wvw… just for the benefit of YOUR wvw experience… Pretty nice and selfish of some of you to destroy pve communities for the sole benefit of YOUR wvw experience…

“But we don’t need rewards because true wvw players fight for server honor and don’t need rewards”… Meanwhile you are in pve building up your ascended equipment to gain a competitive gear edge…

The devs are sitting back and looking at and compiling a list of wvw complaints, then looking at some of your suggestions going… Huh? What? Really?… And this is probably why it’s standard protocol to not talk and just find their own solutions because there are very little viable solutions being offered or presented… And what decent solutions pop up occasionally get drown out by the “noise”… So the devs just ask some friends and family members to give the green light on stuff and call it a coding day…

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Somehow you think all of us needs more ppl on the maps…
Nope, what we need is the possibility to have fun in WvW.

Fun is different for everyone, some needs 80 man blobs, some needs 1-10 guys to roam against/with, some needs interesting pve-npcs to fight… But Megaserver only offers solution with the Desert BLs for the karmatrainers, close to nothing for other ppl like me while destroying the communities and “community pride” we built during the last few years.
Just like how the new GH upgrades destroyed the time we invested into our upgrades then placed it behind a pay/pve-grind wall.

(Just saying that yesterday during EU prime time we had ~40-50 man Q on EBG, minor Qs on 1-2 borderlands, and it’s SFR, #8, so that’s T3. We had enough players, but only for guildraids, ’cos playing with guilds is fun, even if the maps are… meh… )

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

So how exactly are the “thousands upon thousands of players who are enjoying pve” affected by server changes since pve is all mega server? Nobody who’s strictly pve would even notice.

Servers affect WvW only.

Indeed.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Fun with less players in total?

In a player vs player environment?

You mean an area where the devs spent thousands of hours and a million dollars (whatever) creating so players could clash against other players?

Go to spvp for less players…

Wvw means WORLD vs WORLD vs WORLD…

World= big = mass = many = put em all together and let them beat the carp out of the other pixelated character…

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Fun with less players in total?

In a player vs player environment?

You mean an area where the devs spent thousands of hours and a million dollars (whatever) creating so players could clash against other players?

Go to spvp for less players…

Wvw means WORLD vs WORLD vs WORLD…

World= big = mass = many = put em all together and let them beat the carp out of the other pixelated character…

When we have FUN, we have Q on maps → Maps are full →You can’t have more ppl.
When we don’t have FUN, we don’t have ppl on maps → if someone joins, they’ll not find ppl to fight → not fun → no ppl on maps → cycle again.

As I said, I want to have FUN in wvw, and that’s more important than merging the servers into whatever you want to call them. That will only boost the received population for some time before they leave again due to still not fun wvw.

Megaserver is not a solution, it can just hide the fact that wvw is not so fun as before therefore ppl are leaving.

(And if the devs would have do it as you said, “creating so players could clash against other players”, then they would not place stupid pve-elements on the map on every corner while ignoring the ppl asking for open-fields and not only chokes… )

in WvW

Swagger.1459

So bubi, what are ALL your solutions to make sure that EVERY server has tons of players having fun and providing enough coverage on EVERY bl and EB map?

Give me a complete system from A-Z to fix ALL population issues and that creates incentives to play consistently…

in WvW

Bubi.5237

So bubi, what are ALL your solutions to make sure that EVERY server has tons of players having fun and providing enough coverage on EVERY bl and EB map?

Give me a complete system from A-Z to fix ALL population issues and that creates incentives to play consistently…

Before we make any big, system-wide changes, we need a long discussion with Anet devs about it, so they know what exactly the people want. Something they called CDI.
If they want me to take their efforts seriously, first they have to make fast-changes, band aids, so we can have fun while making the best out of the resources they have for wvw.

“We”, as the wvw forum, posted countless ideas, great ones or not so great ones, but almost never got feedback. I’ll not propose a complete system-overhaul, as it’ll never happen anyway.

But I’ll protest against every change that makes the little fun we have in wvw even less, as that’s the last thing we need. Even less fun.

And Who Said That Every Server Needs “tons of players” To Have Fun?

Lowest-Tiers had people having fun there with their less-than-tons population, as they liked that style. Why want you to destroy their fun? ‘Cos it’s not yours? ‘Cos you can’t understand it? ‘Cos you don’t even know they like it that way?

You just want to push your Golden Megaserver system to all of us as The Solution, advertising it in every thread if you have an opportunity.

Besides, as you don’t have to be a master-chief to say if a food tastes bad (for you), I don’t have to propose anything but can say that your idea will make my wvw less fun.
It’s constructive criticism, not implementing megaserver is a better “change” for my wvw than implementing it.

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Free Forum Bug For Everyone~

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Why do we still have individual servers to choose from?

‘Cos a complex-system (it’s a really complex system of sub-systems, close to impossible to know how much unseen bugs/exploits can you introduce with a simple change, that’s why there are never bug-free complex softwares, only really tested ones… well, maybe ignoring some cases like planes, but that costs a bit more…), in this case an MMO, can’t be changed so easily. If they could, they would remove the initial server-selecting when pve went Megaserver, but as they can’t, it remained.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Before we make any big, system-wide changes, we need a long discussion with Anet devs about it, so they know what exactly the people want. Something they called CDI.
If they want me to take their efforts seriously, first they have to make fast-changes, band aids, so we can have fun while making the best out of the resources they have for wvw.

“We”, as the wvw forum, posted countless ideas, great ones or not so great ones, but almost never got feedback. I’ll not propose a complete system-overhaul, as it’ll never happen anyway.

But I’ll protest against every change that makes the little fun we have in wvw even less, as that’s the last thing we need. Even less fun.

And Who Said That Every Server Needs “tons of players” To Have Fun?

Lowest-Tiers had people having fun there with their less-than-tons population, as they liked that style. Why want you to destroy their fun? ‘Cos it’s not yours? ‘Cos you can’t understand it? ‘Cos you don’t even know they like it that way?

You just want to push your Golden Megaserver system to all of us as The Solution, advertising it in every thread if you have an opportunity.

Besides, as you don’t have to be a master-chief to say if a food tastes bad (for you), I don’t have to propose anything but can say that your idea will make my wvw less fun.
It’s constructive criticism, not implementing megaserver is a better “change” for my wvw than implementing it.

Again, what are YOUR detailed A-Z solutions?

I don’t care about anything else. I want to know what YOUR fixes are…