WvW Lag March 2015

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Curby.4897

Curby.4897

Massive lag in OS SoS/YB/FA. 4 people causing massive dcing and skill delay? Come on… lol

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: JuneBug.5972

JuneBug.5972

Massive lag in all bls today. why Anet? 1,200avg ping when the usual used to be between 200-250.

The old adage of “if it is not broken, dont fix it” is very true, I hope you do know that, Anet.

Today my guild, most from SEA could not play. Stuck at 1 spot for 3-4 minutes (maybe you would call it lag spikes, continuous lag spike) Our SEA in WvW is already small, and because of that we lost waypointed keeps because we are unable to hold enemy off, well because we could not even move.

Is this working as intended for you, Anet?

(edited by JuneBug.5972)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

So, last dev post was 2 weeks ago. Do they consider it fixed now? Because it’s not, I can barely play around prime time.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

There was a lot of “CPU load this” and “CPU load that”…

Can’t we just increase the CPU? Sounds like we don’t have the required hardware for all this player uptime during peek hours.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: McPartyson.2507

McPartyson.2507

I just came back to check how WvW was doing in the forums after 2 years of inactivity and I guess ArenaNet just doesn’t get it? Will it always be a laggy mess? This is the very reason I left….

I’ll keep lurking about until this is resolved..

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

So whats going on Anet? Typical “we tried to fix it, now it’s still as bad but you have less people to play with!”

Just revert back the map caps until you have a clue how to resolve it, need 80 people on tag for 24 hour paintrain! lol

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: derek.3289

derek.3289

Anet, better off your WvW game mode! Your server/game programming seems not support WvW game mode.

Or limit 15 ppl people on BL, 5v5v5, it would much better.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Sick lag in EB now. How long until fix?

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Don’t know if it helps but I first noticed weird lags on EU last September, I think, I’m a D/D thief an my CnD would miss even though I was running through two opponents who hadn’t had Aegis up -that “lag” went away only to come back in October or November. In December I finally had enough and transferred back to NA – there things got worse and I transferred back to EU (but another server) in January. It was fine for a bit and I have been able to fight like usual, but the luck event thingy at the start of February brought the lags back and they have stayed – so it’s very subtle lags, I can’t hit opponents who are standing right next to me, I “steal” farther than my opponent, so all of the sudden I’m half a metre behind them, I especially have troubles with thieves who I never had troubles with prior this update but they seem to “port” and dodge all over the place and I know they can’t.

Edit: And I guess at least some of my opponents sometimes have the same problems with me.

(edited by Jana.6831)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Sabwa.7358

Sabwa.7358

Similar problems as poster before me. I quit playing around september from all the lag and came back around jan it seemed to be fixed. Lag came back for me with stab update, I’ll have to take a gw2 break again. My connection isn’t great but I do just fine, with the extra lag it’s unplayable. I’m NA btw.

I love the game but anet needs to be more open about this problem and/or fix it. It’s a very big issue that has gone on way too long.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Well as I posted on my thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Anyone-lagging-on-BT-ISP-tonight/first#post5028113

Absolutely no lag on my NA account, ping is around 160ms
Main EU account ping is 300ms with jumps to over 4000ms!
In the UK as well so that’s just ridiculous having better ping to NA servers!!!

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Orochimaru.4730

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Far Shiverpeaks

You could always ask 40 guys to disengage from the mother blob and, I dunno, roam or something; you’d still have another 40 left to operate the lawnmower.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

That is, beyond a doubt, absolutely, 100%, a problem with your ISP.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Timelord.8190

Far Shiverpeaks

You could always ask 40 guys to disengage from the mother blob and, I dunno, roam or something; you’d still have another 40 left to operate the lawnmower.

Or maybe anet could just fix it. Cause WvW should support any way a player chooses to fight. Blaming on someones playstyle is just silly.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Orochimaru.4730

Ah but that’s exactly what I was thinking as well and then I decided to play on my NA account and guess what, no lag at all!

I was having a better connection to the NA servers than the EU ones whilst I am in the UK!

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

Ah but that’s exactly what I was thinking as well and then I decided to play on my NA account and guess what, no lag at all!

I was having a better connection to the NA servers than the EU ones whilst I am in the UK!

There is so much more involved in a connection between you and the game than just your ISP and the game servers, though. It’s entirely possible that somewhere between your ISP in the UK and the EU servers (in Germany?) there’s a “hop” experiencing high load/stress/technical problems and as a result you’ll experience connection/lag issues there yet there’ll be no issue connecting to the NA servers because your connection isn’t going through the same routing table to reach its destination.

Reading this wiki article would probably help you understand more what I’m only kind of explaining.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Or maybe anet could just fix it. Cause WvW should support any way a player chooses to fight. Blaming on someones playstyle is just silly.

There is so much that can go wrong between your home and ANET.
Without providing more info, its near impossible for ANET to fix the issue(assuming it IS their responsibility and not your ISP).
Instead of demanding, you may want to consider being more productive with your time.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Anet has added a “How to Address Lag” guide: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/91354558-How-to-Address-Lag

As you can see from the guide, you probably just need to update your drivers. I wish this was sarcasm, but the guide actually mentions updating drivers several times…

What an absolute crock.

Lag isn’t necessarily the “fault” of the system it is reaching.

Anet’s “pipe” is far too small to most of us and it shows.

Do they have SSD drives in ALL servers?

Do they have megabit or bigger pipes at all?

Stop blaming good computers and good practices – we aren’t at fault here.

Lag can be the issue of the computer player only if

Wrong video card/driver (sorry most of us aren’t that silly – we know that we need the correct drivers and do have at least mid-priced cards that can and do larger games without a hitch.)

Wrong speed internet connection (and hello – I’ve played on a slow DSL connection without problems until I hit WvW, then that connection was not good enough to go into WvW.)

….gee… a whole two issues…

…and the rest is on the provider of the feed that then must be translated into information on the side of the player – and if the feed isn’t large enough, can’t handle the many incoming and outgoing requests, LAG happens and it is absolutely not the fault of the customers out here who know computers and computing as well as networking.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

Maybe unrelated, but this weekend I solved perfomance issues with my wife’s laptop. It seems that on win7 64 bit, ServicePack 1 is causing a problem with the SVCHost.exe Hope it helps in some cases

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Timelord.8190

There is so much that can go wrong between your home and ANET.
Without providing more info, its near impossible for ANET to fix the issue(assuming it IS their responsibility and not your ISP).
Instead of demanding, you may want to consider being more productive with your time.

Hey. The main issue is server lag, which happens to all of us at the same time in the server. It should be simple for anet to fix it when the problem is on their end. And if you would have read this thread throug you would have already undrestod that Anet’s server/coding really is the issue.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

GrandHaven.1052

Hey. The main issue is server lag, which happens to all of us at the same time in the server. It should be simple for anet to fix it when the problem is on their end. And if you would have read this thread throug you would have already undrestod that Anet’s server/coding really is the issue.

No, SOME of these people have provided enough proof to say there ARE issues on ANET side, but that does not mean EVERYONE’s complaints here is related to the same thing.
Al I am saying is that your post is not helpful and making demands is not getting you, or this problem, anywhere.

If you think network or server management is easy(and finding small hickups), then you clearly have no experience with it.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Timelord.8190

No, SOME of these people have provided enough proof to say there ARE issues on ANET side, but that does not mean EVERYONE’s complaints here is related to the same thing.
Al I am saying is that your post is not helpful and making demands is not getting you, or this problem, anywhere.

If you think network or server management is easy(and finding small hickups), then you clearly have no experience with it.

So what if ppl who has problem with their own ISP post here? This thread arent about that. It’s about server sided lag. My posts sure are more usefull than yours. I provide them an up to date state of WvW, and when the lag hits so they can check their graphs and server load.

Your posts is 100% useless.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: derek.3289

derek.3289

http://postimg.org/image/yk7exoqwb/

ISP or Server Lag?

I can’t imagine how lag will be in HoT release (with new conditions/buff)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

GrandHaven.1052

ISP or Server Lag?

Definitely server.

See this HELPS. Most peoples posts are just rage, and are downright unhelpful.

and when the lag hits so they can check their graphs and server load.

Network Engineer here.
NOT how it works. Moving on now.

EDIT : Actually Timelord, why not follow the process that derek did? You would do us all a favour?

(edited by GrandHaven.1052)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: BATMAN.6794

BATMAN.6794

There is obviously something wrong with atleast 1 of their servers. When I say this I mean connectivity has absolutely been bad. Disconnects become more and more frequent especially in WvW. There was a 2 day period after the dev came into WvW where I had 0 issues with connection. At that time they were moving servers around. I would love to see them work to find which servers and which IP addresses are the problem and replace them. It doesnt make sense to keep trying to repair the server and IP addresses that we know are going to be a problem again in a week or 2 after it was repaired. I cant get into WvW anymore because I only get my dailys done then get disconnected. Its not on my end, and I know for sure or my Call of Duty games would kick me out of matches the same time or close to the same time as I disconnect from GW2.

Desert Borderlands suck bring back alpine til new ones are revamped

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Timelord.8190

ISP or Server Lag?

Definitely server.

See this HELPS. Most peoples posts are just rage, and are downright unhelpful.

and when the lag hits so they can check their graphs and server load.

Network Engineer here.
NOT how it works. Moving on now.

EDIT : Actually Timelord, why not follow the process that derek did? You would do us all a favour?

Cause i don’t have incredible high ping as he do. Usually 40-60.
And ofc server load matters. Get a clue before you spread your bullkitten.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Sogradde.8016

Gunnar’s Hold WvW today from about 7 to 10 GMT+1: Unplayable.
Massive lag, skills not working, disconnecting, etc.

Why would you offer an online game if you cannot handle the players? It’s been like this for months now and I am growing tired of it.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

Not everyone is an expert, but Anet have or should have people who are, and can properly ignore posts that are irrelevant to game server side lag – which is the issue of why this thread was started, the rest is off-topic. The server side lag was reduced since the first page posts, but still is back under heavy load. Anet should still work on this, up to them how, maybe the entire GW2 needs a rework with a focus of reducing WvW server side lag even more.

Your client side hardware (GPU, CPU, software, rest of your computer), your ISP and the connection between you and the Anet servers can and will affect your game, framerate, ping, skill responsiveness, lock-ups, crashes, and so on, and all seem or are some kind of lag or delay. These has to be solved by you, when possible. Server lag it’s up to Anet.

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

GrandHaven.1052

Not everyone is an expert, but Anet have or should have people who are, and can properly ignore posts that are irrelevant to game server side lag – which is the issue of why this thread was started, the rest is off-topic. The server side lag was reduced since the first page posts, but still is back under heavy load. Anet should still work on this, up to them how, maybe the entire GW2 needs a rework with a focus of reducing WvW server side lag even more.

Your client side hardware (GPU, CPU, software, rest of your computer), your ISP and the connection between you and the Anet servers can and will affect your game, framerate, ping, skill responsiveness, lock-ups, crashes, and so on, and all seem or are some kind of lag or delay. These has to be solved by you, when possible. Server lag it’s up to Anet.

However its near impossible to isolate the problem with at least SOME input from player side experience such as what derek provided.

I will say again, I work with networks for a living, obscure issues can be mighty frustrating to fix.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

I don’t see lag issues in the past weeks however the wvw borderland limits are now reduced – how long? When will we get back the previous limits? Currently even in low silver we have queues every night.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

ISP or Server Lag?

neither . this is client problem . your ping is constantly 200+ms and the client shows 1200+ ms.

(edited by Reborn.2934)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

GrandHaven.1052

ISP or Server Lag?

neither . this is client problem . your ping is constantly 200+ms and the client shows 1200+ ms.

That information does not come from the client…
Most likely just calculated by the client.

That lag is ANET side……. 100000% sure. Unless some sort of port blocking is coming into play, which i highly unlikely to be the case with an intermittent issue.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Reborn.2934

ISP or Server Lag?

That information does not come from the client…
Most likely just calculated by the client.

That lag is ANET side……. 100000% sure. Unless some sort of port blocking is coming into play, which i highly unlikely to be the case with an intermittent issue.

you don’t know how client report the ping in UI . if it is bugged it shows wrong values

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

GrandHaven.1052

you don’t know how client report the ping in UI . if it is bugged it shows wrong values

Sure, that would NOT translate into skill lag and teleports/desyncs though…

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Reborn.2934

Sure, that would NOT translate into skill lag and teleports/desyncs though…

exactly the client problems explain that some players have problem and some other have not .

the magic word is initialize . there are some default configuration in win OSes that client can not handle well after these updates and when players add static ipv4 / disable ipv6 * and change dns with public google dns they stop having problems !

*ipv6 is a new protocol and there are many adsl routers brands that have problem with it . google it to find the truth about ipv6 in adsl home routers

(edited by Reborn.2934)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

GrandHaven.1052

exactly the client problems explain that some players have problem and some other have not .

the magic word is initialize . there are some default configuration in win OSes that client can not handle well after these updates and when players add static ip / disable ipv6 * and change dns with public google dns they stop having problems !

*ipv6 is a new protocol and there are many adsl routers brands that have problem with it . google it to find the truth about ipv6 in adsl home routers

You are spouting gibberish…
Gaming traffic almost never requires DNS and even when it does use a hostname, once the connection is established, DNS has nothing to do with it.
IPv6 have even less to do with it.

A much simpler and more likely explanation is that the ANET server needs to drop someones traffic when it becomes a problem, instead of dropping everyone’s, a few unlucky souls are affected.

Occam’s Razor wisely reads :
Among competing hypotheses that predict equally well(which yours does NOT), the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

EDIT : And when did ADSL come into the equation? I am pretty sure very few of the users here still run on such antiquated tech.

(edited by GrandHaven.1052)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Reborn.2934

the magic word is initialize . there are some default configuration in win OSes that client can not handle well after these updates and when players add static ip / disable ipv6 * and change dns with public google dns they stop having problems !

You are spouting gibberish…
Gaming traffic almost never requires DNS and even when it does use a hostname, once the connection is established, DNS has nothing to do with it.
IPv6 have even less to do with it.

A much simpler and more likely explanation is that the ANET server needs to drop someones traffic when it becomes a problem, instead of dropping everyone’s, a few unlucky souls are affected.

Occam’s Razor wisely reads :
Among competing hypotheses that predict equally well(which yours does NOT), the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

first of all you are not a good person to speak and you have no clue about IT/ Networking and you are still speaking about it .

dns : every map has its own ip . the dns service is responsible to guide the clients from one ip to another when there are no static ips in client’s code . the server database instances that host the maps and their vips use the dns intranet service to work and they have also an Internet ip to published to the world . this is the part where the client must have a good working dns when players change maps ( different ip each map ) and for the reason the client is still using many resources that are hosted inside their server farm to different ips . a bad dns server( like a adsl router in home or a bad maintained isp dns server ) creates problems in dns cache that is answering ( first resolving point ) when a domain name exist in dns-cache database and gives wrong answers . if it is outdated it just disconnects the client .

static or dhcp for gaming pc ? ofc static . the reason is that someone controls what is happening to pc network interface and he is not affected with problems that some people may have when they are adding more adsl routers to act like hubs or WiFi repeaters inside their home intranet and they still have their dhcp server enabled and act like a rogue dhcp server inside their intranet.

resources : the resources that can create collisions maybe are in anet’s side but this can not explain that some players have not problem while some other have …

i have no clue who is this Occam’s Razor ….

IPV6 and adsl routers lags : http://www.networkworld.com/article/2200600/lan-wan/ipv6-on-home-routers-and-dsl-cable-modems--fail.html

GTFO now

(edited by Reborn.2934)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

GrandHaven.1052

DNS – Domain NAME server/service. DNSs sole purpose is to translate hostNAME to IP addresses. It would never be used to route internal megaserver traffic, that would just be asking for unnecessary overhead.

Anyway, I am done discussing this with you. Cheers.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Sogradde.8016

It’s been ages and the lag is still very bad, every day past 6.

If you insist on not fixing this, I will insist on not buying your expansion. It’s that simple.
I’ve tried contacting support, I posted in the bug forum but still nothing happened. I am so done with this game.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

It’s been over a month since I’ve encountered any lag issues (the last being our first meetup in T4, when HoD BL was near-unplayable). Keep up the good work.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

GrandHaven.1052

If you insist on not fixing this, I will insist on not buying your expansion. It’s that simple.
I’ve tried contacting support, I posted in the bug forum but still nothing happened. I am so done with this game.

You tell him!

/Sarcasm.

You make it sound like they don’t want to fix It.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

You tell him!

/Sarcasm.

You make it sound like they don’t want to fix It.

They certainly make it look like it.

I mean, cmon. Map caps lowered and a month of no communication at all.
Ah BTW it was only a guy who was supposed to work on sPvP servers who caught the attention of this. So guess what he started to work on right after he made everyone believe something will happen about this just because he saw it?

EDIT: No offense, but usually Anet likes to talk how great they are as soon as they do SOMETHING “postitive” to WvW. Silence means only that nothing will happen in the next month.

~ Gandara

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I haven’t had lag in weeks. I have heard almost no complaint on this in the last several weeks.

What region/server are you on?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

i had a few times a ping of 800 on EB the last weeks , the last time was about an hour ago, just not playabel on my thief , wvw is no more fun

i play on elona reach

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

GrandHaven.1052

I haven’t had lag in weeks. I have heard almost no complaint on this in the last several weeks.

What region/server are you on?

To be fair its a very isolated issue, I have not had problems in a while either.

So I don’t know. As I mentioned before, its hard to determine if its user side or server side with the limited info provided by 90% of people complaining here.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Orochimaru.4730

I’ve still had lag at times. The 10% reduction hasnt fixed the issue, just made it less likely to occur; unless all 3 zergs meet up, then you are pretty much guaranteed lag.

The 10% reduction has had an affect on blob servers though from the looks of it. Gunnar’s Hold used to be stuck at the bottom of all the german servers yet now it’s jumped up 2 ranks.
So all that has done has showed yet again how the scoring in the current state of WvW does not represent the skills of the server, rather the population and coverage of the server.

But what we really need is an update from Stephen or a WvW dev, it’s been a month since any staff has posted on this thread regarding the lag.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

It has been 2 months since this problem. Can u finally release cap and fix it without lowering it? Or allow free transfer to go somewhere else instead of over queued server. As for lag it still occur – at last for EU players I know and I play with – sometimes even comm get dc. This happens to me aswell – durign restets or just a normal 20 v 20 fights – I know it is not my bad cos of: 120 Mb/s connection, all greedy software disabled etc. yet I get dcs and lag spikes it isn’t such bad at it was in march tho, but how it was for whole 2014. Worst problem with lower cap due to lag fix is that 2 guilds get almost all spots( I think it is about 60-70 now) and nothing is left for defenders i.e. ppt players that want to cap and earn points for their server. About 3 days ago comm( blue one so it is open raid not guild raid) had 3 ppl with him and 30 at ts, those 30 were w8ing in queues cos 2 guilds took all spots before public raid was up. Ofcourse cos of that we lost whole border( including wped garri) and the rage of ppt players towards gvgers was up( look screen, should it be like this?). So please since lag isn’t such bad as it was can u finally release cap? Ofcourse if cos of that lag won’t get back…Personally I bet it will, cos I didn’t see any info about fixing it / buying new, better servers.

ps. Posted comment here, cos info about lowering cap was given in this topic and this is about lag issues aswell.

Attachments:

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

Getting a lot of consistent skill lag, lasting about 1s for each skill press, in T3 NA Eternal Battlegrounds map right now. Multiple players reporting the same in map chat.

Edit: Never mind, I’m experiencing it on pve maps too at the moment, so not WvW specific.

(edited by BrickFurious.7169)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Now
Friday 15.05.2015 21:14 CET, FSP borderland, around 100 ppl, 3k-8k ms. And every fight similar ping. 120 Mb/s according to deal with isp and speedtest.net. Every online soft off except GW2.

ps. EB was unplayable for some time. And I know it is reset, yet this ping is ridiculous.

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev