WvW Rank Title - Pin Snipes Friend

in WvW

Posted by: Jizmak.1489

Jizmak.1489

Dear ANet,

At the end of the day, pin snipe is always going to be a thing. Commanders can…. change their outfits, put on a tonic, change their guild name, their achievement title, and even change the way they play. The one thing that they cannot change….. their WvW rank.

Most commanders in general will have the highest rank on the battlefield, thus, no matter what they do, they can still easily be picked out. Do you think you could take 20 minutes out of some programmers day, add a check box and give us the option to toggle on and off our WvW ranks?

Battle Commander – [JINX]

in WvW

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

Just let a nomad permastealth thief be your commander, no one will see him. Problem solved.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You could take away everything and only have red icons fight – I will still be able to identify 95% of drivers in seconds because they are exactly that, drivers.

Few if any of them apply tactics to confuse the enemy. Its push and bomb, push and bomb, maybe a fake push and then back to push and bomb.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Jizmak.1489

Jizmak.1489

You could take away everything and only have red icons fight – I will still be able to identify 95% of drivers in seconds because they are exactly that, drivers.

Few if any of them apply tactics to confuse the enemy. Its push and bomb, push and bomb, maybe a fake push and then back to push and bomb.

Agreed and no argument here. For the sake of this exercise lets pretend that these “commanders” are actually employing some strategy.

Battle Commander – [JINX]

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Agree with most of it, some commander however are using stealth very effectively, making it harder to snipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

oh man just Prepare Second CMD o.O

winnie@BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

oh man just Prepare Second CMD o.O

Or in terms anyone can understand, man up and be the Starscream to your Megatron.

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

It’s actually extremely easy to identify drivers and using their WvW rank to identify them never really crossed my mind before… I only occasionally lose sight of them for around 10 seconds when they stealth

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

The secret here is “backup drivers”

It’s really simple…

Pin snipers are trying to turn an organized pugmander zerg into a flopping mess of scattered omni-group bad boon distributed back peddlers.

Organized fight guilds don’t have this issue because there is a backup commander at the ready and it utilized as soon as commander calls being downed and res stack / rally / banner are a fail. I’ve seen multiple times a fight turn around post-mortem when the alt commander gets everyone to restack and push.

Teamspeak goes a long way here.

Proper group synergy and boonshare also goes a long way here.

Your commander should be able to recognize they are being focused and change tactics as well as prepare the groups follow up tactics if they are downed.

Organized groups with an active player base communication in ts will overcome the small hassle of pin sniping.

Additionally, pin snipers the enemy…problem solved. Divide and conquer is always the goal, be it pin sniping or pushing and wiping backline or splitting / flanking / choke bombing.

IF you are having a problem, it is your organization that is at fault.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Pin sniping will still happen, really it’s not overly complicated to find the Comm, target they one that the herd is following, 99% profit rate.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

Despite what others are saying here, i find there is 3 key elements that identifies a driver:

1. Position relative to group movements. Most drivers leap in front of their group. They fail to call the Leap to their group BEFORE they themselves leap in. Rarely do people take Comm delay into account.
2. Profession. Guardians the safest best, followed by Warrior.
3. WvW Rank. Generally people look for Gold/Platinum.

For a while, our commander was a Gold Rank, but we had several platinum ranks in guild. However, one person who was platinum was a guardian, and they got lit up all the time without going out of position, while our driver dealt with minimal focus. Now that our driver is platinum, he feels a lot more pain. Also keep in mind that even people running the game on a potato can use these 3 points to help pin point a driver.

Now when you face the same groups all the time, some people have ease using these secondary tactics to driver snipe.
1. Appearance. For some strange reason, most drivers i know don’t change their look and refuse to.
2. Guild tag. Some guild tags are often leading pugs, so it helps limit the choices for who is the driver.

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Despite what others are saying here, i find there is 3 key elements that identifies a driver:

1. Position relative to group movements. Most drivers leap in front of their group. They fail to call the Leap to their group BEFORE they themselves leap in. Rarely do people take Comm delay into account.

For a while, our commander was a Gold Rank, but we had several platinum ranks in guild. However, one person who was platinum was a guardian, and they got lit up all the time without going out of position, while our driver dealt with minimal focus. Now that our driver is platinum, he feels a lot more pain. Also keep in mind that even people running the game on a potato can use these 3 points to help pin point a driver.

Now when you face the same groups all the time, some people have ease using these secondary tactics to driver snipe.
1. Appearance. For some strange reason, most drivers i know don’t change their look and refuse to.
2. Guild tag. Some guild tags are often leading pugs, so it helps limit the choices for who is the driver.

1. Position relative to group movements.
Selecting targeted position ahead of the commander moves to solves this. It’s a pain to use because the symbol thing clunky without pre-planning. A simpler long range (1200) and persistent squad target directional arrow (more visual spam like the Jalis Inspiring Reinforcement road) going out from and available to only the commander tag or lieuts would work.

Guardians probably make up 1/3rd of all WvW classes (in zergs). Not an issue.

This could easily be addressed. An option to show/not show “Bronze/Silver/Gold Platinum/etc.” WvW level designation in name tag from character options menu.

I’m Platinum Raider(?) and get lit up consistently and am often confused with zerg commanders. It doesn’t matter what class I run. Block/reflects/retaliation has become standard in my builds if I zerg it. And I don’t think I’ve run WvW commander for months/years now so this is no way a cross-server spy thing (which is also a larger issue not on your list).

(edited by Artaz.3819)