WvW and PvP Ascended Armor Upgrades

in WvW

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I reforged my pvp armor because I choose the wrong stats now you are telling me that it will be upgradeable to legendary but only if you didn’t reforge?

That is truly kittenty.

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve reforged probably 1.5 sets of ardent glorious into standard ascended armor. I cried a little as I was making the recipes for the PvP versions.

Unfortunately, when you mystic forge an item, you’re getting a completely new item. The system doesn’t know that the new ascended piece used to be something else.

Backpack precursors still have a precursor tooltip making them identifiable though? Just really seems like a flawed system if all of this armor is now unusable and you can’t distinguish which pieces are which. Lost all excitement for this feature now….

in WvW

Posted by: StrYdeR.2459

StrYdeR.2459

Here is the issue….PvE IS the game; PvP and WvW are sidebars to keep groups entertained (to a degree).

The PvE Raids were intended to be top tier, challenging end game content (as described by ANet) – with top tier rewards to go along with them. To receive the rewards being discussed (Legendary Armor) significant invest of time, skill and gold (food and gear) had to be exerted – and over the course of a year and a half of raiding people earned the requirement to begin ACQUIRING the necessary components to begin creating the legendary armor.

Most raiders invested heavily in multiple sets of ascended gear whereas most WvW players are running around in exotics or less. PvP requires NO investment at all as your gear is given to you free.

I stated previous that I feel it is all well and good for the other game types to receive top tiered rewards, however it sounds that little to no investment is going to be required to begin creating this armor – significantly devaluing the PvE set. As a caveat – I am not about the flash, and am more excited about the ability to stat swap.

WvW (for the most part) is a blob fight where you try and overwhelm your opponent with numbers, whilst trying to tag as many people as possible for the loot. I see arguments here about the cost that the WvW players will have to bear as you cannot earn enough gold in WvW – then get out of WvW, stop being lazy and play the game the like the rest of had to do to EARN our armor (and with that the ability to stat swap).

I see arguments here about the PvP being less elitist than raiders????
I have never been engaged with a saltier bunch of people than the PvP players in NA (I can’t speak for EU.) Encounters with PvP players have been some of the most toxic ever experienced.

There are always raid groups trying to teach people how to raid – what the mechanics are, how to optimize your build and rotation, etc.

Comments here have irked me be stating that “PvE got a legendary trinket” – NO!…the game got a legendary trinket and if you don’t want to leave your niche to obtain it then that’s on you – not a snub to PvP or WvW.

I thought the whole reason that you could stat swap ascended gear was to give it flexibility at a cost – whilst the legendary was a front-loaded cost allowing you to stat swap for free (this goes for the legendary weapons as well)

Until the acquisition specifications for the WvW and PvP legendary armor are released I cannot wholly pass personal judgement on the implementation, however at this juncture I feel this is a poor move Arena Net!

in WvW

cptaylor.2670

Leave them ascended with selectable stats for all I care, just don’t invalidate a quarter of my gear sets for said selectable stats for a change I could have never seen coming.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

WvW (for the most part) is a blob fight where you try and overwhelm your opponent with numbers, whilst trying to tag as many people as possible for the loot. I see arguments here about the cost that the WvW players will have to bear as you cannot earn enough gold in WvW – then get out of WvW, stop being lazy and play the game the like the rest of had to do to EARN our armor (and with that the ability to stat swap).

PvE is a gamemode driven by “AI” following a linear path that is nothing more than a puzzle solved by exploiting it’s limitations to farm loot like a slavering PvE zombie. Get out of PvE, stop being lazy and play the game like an actual human being….

Or just ignore the gamemode you don’t like (or obviously aren’t skilled enough to play) and be happy with what you have.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: zoopop.5630

zoopop.5630

wasted a buttload of shards on the skins and got a ascended weapon instead of the armor for spvp….. how i heavily regret it now lol.

guess i’ll be grinding next season and do things a lot differently from now on.

in WvW

Posted by: illhyria.7461

illhyria.7461

It’s impressive how many raiders are complaining. Yes, raiding might take somewhat more organizing, but sPvP and WvW have their own difficulties. And remember, we do not get some shiny animation out of it, so prestige wise our armor will be “less cool” than the raiding legendary armor. The only people who didn’t have to put any time or effort in this are the ones who are lucky enough to have bought the sPvP armor right when it came out or the WvW players who get so many pips that they’re done in two months because they have been playing the game mode for ages – just like those who had the legendary raid armor in no time because they had half the stuff needed already. Also, we are not sure what the gifts will entail, so who knows what kind of time gating or prerequisites are coming towards PvP/WvW players.
And my main game mode is PvE… I still find it fair that both the other game modes get some love (especially WvW!). If you feel cheated out of your shiny armor, go get the new legendary armor for WvW and PvP and then whine, not when we don’t even know what the gifts will be and how hard we’ll have to work for them.

in WvW

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Here is the issue….PvE IS the game; PvP and WvW are sidebars to keep groups entertained (to a degree).

LOL. Guild Wars 1 for all intents and purposes was a PvP-oriented title. And when Guild Wars 2 launched, PvE consisted of only dungeons, fractals, and open world content—most of which was mind-numbingly easy. Guild Wars 2 launched with no intention of having an “end-game.” WvW was the end-game, if anything.

So, I’d argue that the original vision of Guild Wars 2 was PvP-oriented just like its predecessor, and ArenaNet just happened to shift their focus over the years to PvE just because that’s what makes them the most money.

PvE is “the game” because, ostensibly, that’s how you view it. But for thousands of players, myself included, Guild Wars 2 was purchased for its horizontal PvP and large-scale fighting in WvW.

PvE is the side-content, in my view.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Regular ascended gear can already be stat swapped via the forge, has been this way for years, and if you’ve played wvw only for a couple of years, chances are you have atleast 1 set of full ascended. Wvw only ascended gear, which many have been working on since May makes perfect sense to have this added functionality as well…with some work that we will see the effort involved when it’s actually released.

There’s been no other benefit to getting T3 armor up until now other than prestige, this change provides additional benefit, and more bodies for the grind no?

Plus, when you take into account that they said there are no plans to introduce actual legendary armor into wvw AND balance changes are coming and many people are going to find they will need to experimemt and change their builds again soon, this change make perfect sense. Basically, when you break it down, wvw is in fact not getting legendary armor for awhile apparently and the condi haters are getting what they want next week. I applaud Anet for helping to appease the costs of the upcoming build experimentations that will occur, because I’ve been through that a few times already and it’s expensive.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I feel like the raiders who are complaining are really missing the point here. Fundamentally what they worked so hard for was a set of skins for their armor. The prestige value offered by these skins is not going to be diminished in any way as raids will still be the only means of acquiring the shiny transforming armor skins. The only thing WvW and PvP players will have is the functionality of legendary armor which, while a wonderful convenience, is presumably not what raiders spent so much time raiding to get. This game is Fashion Wars 2 after all. So as long as WvW players don’t get the same skins I don’t see why PvErs should take issue with this change.

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Imo, this whole argument is moot. I’ve said it before – tying legendary armor to any single game mode (including raids) was a mistake. Legendary should denote mastery of EVERY part of the game, with activities required in WvW, PvP, open world PVE and instanced PVE (dungeons, fractals and raids).

What we have now isn’t legendary – neither the weapons nor the armor. It is something players can grind or buy their way to achieving (even the raid stuff). It isn’t seen as an indicator of skill by most in the game (like it should be).

To add to that – stat and rune swapping are quality of life features – not legendary rewards. They are not indicators of skill and should not be held as a reward.

In GW2, the look of the gear (the skins) is what is supposed to set it apart and let other players know (alongside titles) which part of the game they have mastered. With HOT and raids, Anet pretty much decided to ignore this key legacy selling point of the game – and the animosity and drama we are seeing now is a direct result of that decision.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Well, I’ve played WvW back when there were still tournaments, maybe you’ve heard of them. I actively play sPvP. I actively play raids. As such, I consider myself qualified enough to comment.

Haha. The skill level on WvW has increased a lot since then, and with it the difficulty. Comparing what WvW was like back then to what it’s now it’s like comparing dungeons and raids and say they are the same thing.

If anybody doesn’t believe me they just need to watch videos from back then and compare with what’s it like nowadays.

Not really, the standard in WvW these days is the lowest it has ever been, most of the good players/guilds have left the game, and the combat with HoT became laughably forgiving.

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

I have another Question:

When upgrading from the Ascended Version to the Legendary Version
Will any Runes inside the armor get destroyed?
Or do we get them back?

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I have another Question:

Or do we get them back?

You lose it all.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Meh. I hate changing builds so I never wanted the stat-swapping ability in the first place. Probably won’t even bother with this. Nice for people that wanted it but I dread the day Commanders insist on people changing to a specific build before they want them in squad. It’ll be like “join TS” only on steroids.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I have another Question:

Or do we get them back?

You lose it all.

When you MF stat swap anything ascended right now, you have to take out that stuff, else you lose it.

So the initial modication step (ascended to legendary-esque) for your wvw/pvp armor should require those upgrades be removed first. Afterwards though, if it’s like legendary weapons anyway, once the drop down for selectable stats is avaliable for your armor, you shouldn’t have to worry about taking out the runes or infusions, you can just select new stats and keep all your added upgrades. But we’ll have to see how that second step works after this change as this armor isn’t really legendary and might have different rules.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: eva lin mcdowl.3978

eva lin mcdowl.3978

Is there any indicator on a piece of armor if its been reforged or not?

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

The PvE Raids were intended to be top tier, challenging end game content (as described by ANet) – with top tier rewards to go along with them. To receive the rewards being discussed (Legendary Armor) significant invest of time, skill and gold (food and gear) had to be exerted – and over the course of a year and a half of raiding people earned the requirement to begin ACQUIRING the necessary components to begin creating the legendary armor.

Most raiders invested heavily in multiple sets of ascended gear whereas most WvW players are running around in exotics or less. PvP requires NO investment at all as your gear is given to you free.

I stated previous that I feel it is all well and good for the other game types to receive top tiered rewards, however it sounds that little to no investment is going to be required to begin creating this armor – significantly devaluing the PvE set. As a caveat – I am not about the flash, and am more excited about the ability to stat swap.

I see arguments here about the PvP being less elitist than raiders????
I have never been engaged with a saltier bunch of people than the PvP players in NA (I can’t speak for EU.) Encounters with PvP players have been some of the most toxic ever experienced.

There are always raid groups trying to teach people how to raid – what the mechanics are, how to optimize your build and rotation, etc.

Comments here have irked me be stating that “PvE got a legendary trinket” – NO!…the game got a legendary trinket and if you don’t want to leave your niche to obtain it then that’s on you – not a snub to PvP or WvW.

I thought the whole reason that you could stat swap ascended gear was to give it flexibility at a cost – whilst the legendary was a front-loaded cost allowing you to stat swap for free (this goes for the legendary weapons as well)

Until the acquisition specifications for the WvW and PvP legendary armor are released I cannot wholly pass personal judgement on the implementation, however at this juncture I feel this is a poor move Arena Net!

Everything in this post screams " But mom they cant have the same toys as me I’m special, take it away from them"

Sorry, but not really
Adding an armor set to other sides of the game doesnt devalue anyone, it means more people can get an armor set with a function to it.

Pve’rs still have nice little achievements that they can wear around LA and pretend that they matter.
Pve’rs will still have the armor that looks terrible unless you mix it with other things
Pve’rs will still be able to discriminate against players and classes and have excuses to feel superior in a game mode that takes very minimal thought process to do and learn.

Nothing about your legendary armor changes, and the time it takes for anyone that plays this game casually to acquire legendary armor is probably going to be the same through-out the game minus 1-2 days.

So chill out, put on your big boy pants and do what you tell other people to do, suck it up or don’t play.

I swear instead of being happy for other people in the community the raid/hardocre pve’rs are showing their toxic colors. ( kinda like some pvp’rs, guess the toxic lounge is big enough for the both of you)
This is why some people didn’t want a raid community to begin with.

It’s an armor function, that is open to the rest of the game to earn. If you don’t like it, take your self entitlement out the door before the next xpac, I promise no one will notice.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

or the WvW players who get so many pips that they’re done in two months because they have been playing the game mode for ages – just like those who had the legendary raid armor in no time because they had half the stuff needed already.

The tickets are still time gated per week, everyone will spend the same amount of weeks acquiring the gear. The only difference is as you play more in wvw and get higher ranks, the faster you earn pips to get through the chests for the week. It still ends up being more time spent than raiding though, which is ok considering the wide range of things you do to earn pips in wvw.

As for the elitist point of view above your post. Wvw players have spent 5 years acquiring and changing gears and food as operating cost for wvw, with little rewards given in that game mode. When all pve players were doing was standing around killing world bosses in mismash gear until raids came with the expansion.

Wvw was about being organized and geared properly from day one of release, against other players not the AI. Raiding isn’t the only area where you need to change your stats and gear often, so why should raiding be the only place to get it? That part of the gear is convenience, the animated armor is the prestige part which is still raids only.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Imo, this whole argument is moot. I’ve said it before – tying legendary armor to any single game mode (including raids) was a mistake. Legendary should denote mastery of EVERY part of the game, with activities required in WvW, PvP, open world PVE and instanced PVE (dungeons, fractals and raids).

What we have now isn’t legendary – neither the weapons nor the armor. It is something players can grind or buy their way to achieving (even the raid stuff). It isn’t seen as an indicator of skill by most in the game (like it should be).

To add to that – stat and rune swapping are quality of life features – not legendary rewards. They are not indicators of skill and should not be held as a reward.

In GW2, the look of the gear (the skins) is what is supposed to set it apart and let other players know (alongside titles) which part of the game they have mastered. With HOT and raids, Anet pretty much decided to ignore this key legacy selling point of the game – and the animosity and drama we are seeing now is a direct result of that decision.

I fully agree and said the same thing earlier before legendary armor came out. Legendary armor should have required mastery in all game modes. However, on a side note, now that that is not the case, I definitely could understand why pve players who don’t do or like raids would feel hurt about this change. They made up a large portion of those complaining as well. IMO they might as well add a non skin set of legendary armor to fractals as well now.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

in WvW

cptaylor.2670

Is there any indicator on a piece of armor if its been reforged or not?

This.

And am I wrong in assuming transmuting an object similarly disqualifies the item? If so I guess I should just start wearing outfits on all of my characters because you just never know.

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

If you have reforged either the PvP or WvW ascended armor you will need to earn a new piece of PvP or WvW ascended armor.

Reforged ascended armor will not work.

What do you mean by reforged? Do you mean if the stats were changed via Mystic Forge? I picked marauder from the drop down for my armor so is that ok?

That is okay. Reforged is changing the stats via Mystic Forge.

in WvW

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

I personally love this change, but I’m a little biased because nothing makes me happier than entitled pve hero tears.

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

We have kept the time and cost of upgrading the ascended armor in line with raids armor.

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

I think the gifts and forge route should be involved with getting the T2 level of ascended to legendary status.

However, the T3 WvW armor should be legendary right from the vendor.

T3 armor is to easy to get to be legendary. A lot of ppl already have the body i got it a few weeks ago. I like to know if T2 ascended can become legendary too? If not that ok legendary should be a long view goal not an over night thing.

Uh….not even close.

You’re still 11-12 weeks away from getting all T3. That’s 5 months total to get a set of T3.

And yes…the whole point is the fact that T2 ascended can become legendary with the gifts. The T3 is double the effort, which is why I’m saying it should not need the gifts to become legendary. It should be legendary on purchase.

in WvW

Posted by: OniGiri.9461

OniGiri.9461

Everything in this post screams " But mom they cant have the same toys as me I’m special, take it away from them"

Sorry, but not really
Adding an armor set to other sides of the game doesnt devalue anyone, it means more people can get an armor set with a function to it.

Pve’rs still have nice little achievements that they can wear around LA and pretend that they matter.
Pve’rs will still have the armor that looks terrible unless you mix it with other things
Pve’rs will still be able to discriminate against players and classes and have excuses to feel superior in a game mode that takes very minimal thought process to do and learn.

So chill out, put on your big boy pants and do what you tell other people to do, suck it up or don’t play.

I swear instead of being happy for other people in the community the raid/hardocre pve’rs are showing their toxic colors. ( kinda like some pvp’rs, guess the toxic lounge is big enough for the both of you)

It’s an armor function, that is open to the rest of the game to earn. If you don’t like it, take your self entitlement out the door before the next xpac, I promise no one will notice.

way to be condescending….

lets not compare toxicity in game modes. wvw players are among the most toxic players in the whole game. they made that very clear since the new competetive package came out.

No raider would complain if legendary armor would come to a game mode that doesn’t have the reward system of a kindergarden. just brain afk in a group for long enough and attack as many dolyaks and doors as you can before you pass out → collect rewards.

As long as the requirements to get it are on par with the one in raids → have fun with your armor! I guess we will have to wait and see

in WvW

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

We have kept the time and cost of upgrading the ascended armor in line with raids armor.

While that sounds reasonable, may I ask what your take on actual (and successful) participation is?

To put it plainly: Obtaining legendary armor in raids depends on these raids being successful, aka getting the (weekly) kills. Furthermore, there are collection achievements that require a certain mastery of the game. In pure contrast, the legendary armor to be obtained in both WvW and PvP is a simple attendance reward. You get it because “you’ve been there”. You don’t necessarily have to master the content, you don’t have to win. In WvW there are elements like “outnumbered” and it doesn’t matter if you are the last-placed server, in PvP you can theoretically get it by losing all games. It just takes more time, that is all.

How reasonable is it to tie endgame goals/rewards to be obtainable through failure? Should – in that case – PvE not be adjusted in a similar way? Being able to obtain LI even though failing the bosses? I’m not saying I’m in favor of this – quite the contrary – but I don’t quite see what justifies this difference between the game modes if the rewards are the same.

in WvW

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Thank you so much

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

Sorry, but not really

“Hello pot? This is kettle…”

in WvW

Posted by: Seasniffer.1763

Seasniffer.1763

This is a very nice change but what is ArenaNet going to do about the declining bee population?

Big Daddy Thorton – GM of Strike Force [SF]
President of Jade Quarry

in WvW

Solori.6025

Sorry, but not really

And my point is further proven.
The door is still on the right if you want to use it.

in WvW

Posted by: Celsith.2753

Celsith.2753

Does anyone else find it incredibly hilarious that pvers were crying that the new wvw reward ascended was way too hard to acquire and are now crying that it’s all too easy?

Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Thundercat Snarf – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: OniGiri.9461

OniGiri.9461

Salty because i’m right?

in WvW

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Please do remember to look at all the pip calculations etc because wvw ascended is currently the most time consuming* to earn if I remember my math right, especially the advanced tier.

*edit

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

lol this thread.

Juxtapose it next to the one where pve people were complaining about time-gated wvw shinies.

The raid argument used in this thread was made for wvw vets less than a month ago.

The same rules apply to all stuff: if you want it, put in the time.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Solori.6025

Salty because i’m right?

Yes, oh so salty about giving functional items to the rest of the community.
I think I need to go into the forums and show how much I truly dislike everyone who doesn’t play my game mode and now gets stuff that I have.
The salt
it’s so real
( so real)

Btw did you know cast iron kettles and pots are the same color?
I didnt know black and black were the same!
/s

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

Does anyone else find it incredibly hilarious that pvers were crying that the new wvw reward ascended was way too hard to acquire and are now crying that it’s all too easy?

Hi Cel!! *waves from a dark corner of GoM*

in WvW

Posted by: Deaeira.2651

Deaeira.2651

When the August 8th update is released, WvW and PvP players who own Heart of Thorns will be able to upgrade their WvW and PvP ascended armor to have legendary attributes! This new type of armor will not have a unique skin, such as the one that is part of the raids legendary armor, but instead will consist of an upgrade to WvW and PvP ascended armor that gives those armor pieces legendary stat-swapping capabilities without changing the skin.
The following PvP and WvW ascended armor can be upgraded to allow stat swapping:
• Triumphant Hero’s Ascended Armor
• Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s Ascended Armor
• Ardent Glorious Ascended Armor
• Glorious Hero Ascended Armor
To upgrade a piece of WvW or PvP ascended armor, combine 3 new PvP or WvW gifts with 1 piece of ascended gear in the Mystic Forge. You can purchase ingredients for the gifts from either Commander War Razor in WvW or the Ascended Armor League Vendor in PvP.

Wow, that sounds awesome! Functional, no other incentive than allowing people to experiment with builds! It doesn’t take away the prestige from the raid armor and fulfills the need of the WvWers :-)

(edited by Deaeira.2651)

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

Salty because i’m right?

I think I need to go into the forums and show how much I truly dislike everyone who doesn’t play my game mode and now gets stuff that I have.
The salt
it’s so real
( so real)

/s

This is really Microsoft Tay on a Twitter rant isn’t it? Isn’t it….

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Back then, at least they didn’t reward failure like they do today.

Yea and? Back then players complained that there were no rewards for WvW; a silly extra chest for winning? Reward was higher playing PvE than WvW and so lots of players quit WvW. Now Anet found a way to provide better rewards in WvW without encouraging exploits like kill trading and further badwagon stacking. Figures someone will still complain about it.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Irony killed the cat.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

most sane people had assumed this. I’m amazed at the negativity from people who think they are losing something because of this…….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Kofiend.2530

Kofiend.2530

Really cus i’m pretty sure i’ve seen videos on reddit of ppl doing raids in Masterworks. Most ppl in WvW have exotic and up. I for one have, 4 sets of heavy, 3 light and 2 medium armors all ascended for WvW. Of course some ppl will have less but just in my guild alone there are people with way more sets then i have. I guess you didn’t think people in other game modes might push ppl to having the best stats available. When fighting ppl having a edge in stats matter, not really so much when fighting scripted AI.

SF>SoR>TC>SBI>DB>SFR>BG>DB>SoS
[DN] Digital Nemesis

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

It’s not lost on me one bit.

It’s also a funny 180 that instead of WvW players being elitist towards PvE players coming into their game mode, the PvE players are now being elitist saying that what they do is more work.

I’m just waiting on the second wave of QQing about how hard the rewards in WvW are. Just like a zombie…they’ll be coming back.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I don’t quite see what justifies this difference between the game modes if the rewards are the same.

I guess I don’t understand why you can’t tell what the differences are between the game modes.

Imagine you could kill a raid boss, then get a friend to open a new instance and kill a raid boss again and so on and so on for more LI, as if there were no limit. You could totally cheese getting more LI just from getting friends outside your raid group to help you open new instances.

Kill-trading and stacking-for-wins in WvW is a bit like that. It is an “always on” mode, not instanced, easily cheesed, and why in one game mode you can “reward for mastering content/winning” while in the other you cannot. No haterino please.

BTW, I finished my first raid set just this week.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

What about the actual ascended armor tho. As it is right now it take more tha getting the whole legendary armor for just the t2. Any plans to adress that?

in WvW

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

Thanks for this new feature. In WVW I really like tinkering with my gear stats and Legendary armor will give me some additional degrees of freedom.

in WvW

Solori.6025

Salty because i’m right?

The salt
it’s so real
( so real)

/s

This is really Microsoft Tay on a Twitter rant isn’t it? Isn’t it….

…..I can neither confirm nor deny these allegations..

in WvW

Posted by: Isaiah Cartwright

Previous

Isaiah Cartwright

Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer

This is a very nice change but what is ArenaNet going to do about the declining bee population?

Well I have 2 bee hives and I post a blog about my bee’s every two weeks on facebook in which a lot of Arenanet follows. Also we have a good 20 bee hives on the roof of our building so while we could be doing more but we are fighting that decline!

~Izzy @-’——

(edited by Isaiah Cartwright.8569)

in WvW

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Awesome! Thank you for this!!

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

Well I have 2 bee hives and I post a blog about my bee’s every two weeks on facebook in which a lot of Arenanet follows. Also we have a good 20 bee hives on the roof of our building so I while we could be doing more but we are fighting that decline!

You’re the real hero of this thread.