WvW and PvP Ascended Armor Upgrades

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Well i don’t really need changeable stats, but it’s probably nice test some new builds that i wouldn’t test otherwise. Weapons will still be problem.

My hope is that they also allow the Mistforged ascended weapons to become upgradable to Legendary. I’ve no reason to think that they will, but it would be awesome.

The question is though, do you forge change those weapons if you have them now, or hold on to them in case they allow this change sometime in the future?

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

<>

What PvE’ers have to realize it’s simply not a case of following a zerg and pressing 1 (well maybe if they are on BG), but the rest of the servers, forget it. A smaller coordinated group who knows what they’re doing will annihilate a bigger zerg group pressing 1 whom doesn’t know what they are doing.

There are far too many factors at play affecting progress, and it wouldn’t matter how skilled they are.

There is a whole lot of attempted differentiation regarding WvW, but ultimately, none of what you listed is relevant in order to obtain legendary armor. This is because in both WvW and PvP, it is not required to “win” (or be successful in general) in order to obtain it.

How do you get WvW participation by doing nothing?
Please tell us about that exploit.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

in WvW

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Do you consider not winning and doing nothing to be the same? Interesting… are you sure you have been to WvW before?

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Do you consider not winning and doing nothing to be the same? Interesting… are you sure you have been to WvW before?

It’s neither. It’s called “Participation”.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Solori.6025

I guess I should ask, what is your definition of winning?

Do you consider winning taking a camp and cutting off supply to a keep winning?
Do you consider taking a keep winning?
Do you consider being in 1st every week winning?

All of those are examples of winning something.(or being successful in general as you stated)
Breaking an enemies t3 keep and making it paper is winning in WvW
cutting off supply lines is winning in WvW
taking bloodlust is winning in WvW
taking towers is winning in WvW
taking sentries is winning in WvW
killing players is winning in WvW

So I am confused by how you get rewarded for not winning, because that effectively means you are doing

nothing..

You play WvW right?

Edit:
Here is the breakdown of how you get rewarded in WvW because I dont think you understand how this works.
To get rewards you have to earn at least T3 WvW participation
This is only given by completing WvW objectives

You can not lose ,or fail at taking an objective and get rewarded for it.
So you have to win ( see list above)

Don’t believe me?
Go into WvW, run into a camp, and die.
Do this repeatedly

Then tell me how much you are getting rewarded.

(edited by Solori.6025)

in WvW

Posted by: gishalicious.3510

gishalicious.3510

Here is the issue….PvE IS the game; PvP and WvW are sidebars to keep groups entertained (to a degree).

The PvE Raids were intended to be top tier, challenging end game content (as described by ANet) – with top tier rewards to go along with them. To receive the rewards being discussed (Legendary Armor) significant invest of time, skill and gold (food and gear) had to be exerted – and over the course of a year and a half of raiding people earned the requirement to begin ACQUIRING the necessary components to begin creating the legendary armor.

Most raiders invested heavily in multiple sets of ascended gear whereas most WvW players are running around in exotics or less. PvP requires NO investment at all as your gear is given to you free.

I stated previous that I feel it is all well and good for the other game types to receive top tiered rewards, however it sounds that little to no investment is going to be required to begin creating this armor – significantly devaluing the PvE set. As a caveat – I am not about the flash, and am more excited about the ability to stat swap.

WvW (for the most part) is a blob fight where you try and overwhelm your opponent with numbers, whilst trying to tag as many people as possible for the loot. I see arguments here about the cost that the WvW players will have to bear as you cannot earn enough gold in WvW – then get out of WvW, stop being lazy and play the game the like the rest of had to do to EARN our armor (and with that the ability to stat swap).

I see arguments here about the PvP being less elitist than raiders????
I have never been engaged with a saltier bunch of people than the PvP players in NA (I can’t speak for EU.) Encounters with PvP players have been some of the most toxic ever experienced.

There are always raid groups trying to teach people how to raid – what the mechanics are, how to optimize your build and rotation, etc.

Comments here have irked me be stating that “PvE got a legendary trinket” – NO!…the game got a legendary trinket and if you don’t want to leave your niche to obtain it then that’s on you – not a snub to PvP or WvW.

I thought the whole reason that you could stat swap ascended gear was to give it flexibility at a cost – whilst the legendary was a front-loaded cost allowing you to stat swap for free (this goes for the legendary weapons as well)

Until the acquisition specifications for the WvW and PvP legendary armor are released I cannot wholly pass personal judgement on the implementation, however at this juncture I feel this is a poor move Arena Net!

Everything in this post screams " But mom they cant have the same toys as me I’m special, take it away from them"

Sorry, but not really
Adding an armor set to other sides of the game doesnt devalue anyone, it means more people can get an armor set with a function to it.

Pve’rs still have nice little achievements that they can wear around LA and pretend that they matter.
Pve’rs will still have the armor that looks terrible unless you mix it with other things
Pve’rs will still be able to discriminate against players and classes and have excuses to feel superior in a game mode that takes very minimal thought process to do and learn.

Nothing about your legendary armor changes, and the time it takes for anyone that plays this game casually to acquire legendary armor is probably going to be the same through-out the game minus 1-2 days.

So chill out, put on your big boy pants and do what you tell other people to do, suck it up or don’t play.

I swear instead of being happy for other people in the community the raid/hardocre pve’rs are showing their toxic colors. ( kinda like some pvp’rs, guess the toxic lounge is big enough for the both of you)
This is why some people didn’t want a raid community to begin with.

It’s an armor function, that is open to the rest of the game to earn. If you don’t like it, take your self entitlement out the door before the next xpac, I promise no one will notice.

bravo my friend, bravo

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

The question is though, do you forge change those weapons if you have them now, or hold on to them in case they allow this change sometime in the future?

Does forge changing them remove the ability to upgrade weapons? I’d not heard that that was the case, and I don’t actually see a case for it either. That said, I can’t imagine I’d be worried about it either way.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

All of those are examples of winning something.(or being successful in general as you stated)

So I am confused by how you get rewarded for not winning, because that effectively means you are doing

nothing..

You play WvW right?

Edit:
Here is the breakdown of how you get rewarded in WvW because I dont think you understand how this works.

Don’t believe me?
Do this repeatedly

Pointless deviating conversation! Winning is defined as the server that comes in first every week, everyone knows that, but if only those “winners” got rewards, well, if you’ve spent any time in wvw you’d know how that would turn out.

For the sake of these rewards, participation is defined as whatever the individual participant chooses it to be.

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Does forge changing them remove the ability to upgrade weapons? I’d not heard that that was the case, and I don’t actually see a case for it either. That said, I can’t imagine I’d be worried about it either way.

I highly doubt they will allow Ascended weapons to be upgraded to Legendary due to the heavy investment in crafting them.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I highly doubt they will allow Ascended weapons to be upgraded to Legendary due to the heavy investment in crafting them.

The original question got cut out through replies. What I was wondering was whether or not Anet would make the ascended Mistforged weapons upgradable to Legendary in the same way they’re making the ascended Mistforged and Hero armours upgradable.

Daisy’s question, as I understood it (but could be wrong), is whether or not changing the stats on Mistforged weapons in the Mystic Forge would make them unupgradable, and whether people should hold off on doing that until there’s more certainty about it.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Solori.6025

nothing..

You play WvW right?

Edit:

Don’t believe me?
Do this repeatedly

Pointless deviating conversation! Winning is defined as the server that comes in first every week,

Not Pointless at all, because the mantra of people like Satenia is that you go into Wvw and afk or not be successful at all while spending time their.
That is false
Successfully completing an objective IS winning that tasked objective. In the larger picture your server may lose the overall match ( due to things like coverage,population, or server activity) and saying that rewards should be given based on variables out of a players control is asinine and we both know how that would turn out.
So no, I don’t consider things like weekly score in an arguement over participating in WvW relevant because anyone that has played WvW longer than a month would tell you the same.
Holding objective, taking objectives, killing players
Thats how people that ACTUALLY play wvw consider how they are winning and how they are doing.
Example;
If you follow a commander that wants to GvG, he isn’t looking at the War Score and yelling at everyone to get on more Arrow Carts and buy more guilds for over night fights to win for the week, that commander wants to fight, draw out enemy zergs and bust them with coordination and organization.
Example 2;
If you log in and command and you take SMC and defend it for an hour as well as take other objectives you won that hour.
You had a good night, you may even go to the alt forums and brag about how well you did because you won, and no one could challenge your leadership.

Since we are talking about WvW participation and “winning” lets actually consider how WvW’ers think and play, not how PvE’rs play or are used to playing because they are in fact
very different.

Edit:
Also to drive this point home on why most people dont care about weekly scores

Here’s a quote from M.Bedrow, you play wvw you probably know who this is already.

“We incentivize winning by awarding pips for victory, you can also earn pips in other ways, like commanding, playing on an outnumbered map (which is less likely to happen if you are on a stacked server), or having a high WvW rank.

However, it’s also important to keep in mind that you get the pips every tick and the winning pips are awarded based on War Score and not Skirmish Points. Every two hours, everyone’s War Score is set back to zero, and who is winning could change every tick, making a stacked world less likely to constantly win.

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/interviews/exclusive-interview-about-the-wvw-skirmish-changes-and-rewards-1000011772/#VYWMDJzQDFtVCDmX.99"

(edited by Solori.6025)

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

The original question got cut out through replies. What I was wondering was whether or not Anet would make the ascended Mistforged weapons upgradable to Legendary in the same way they’re making the ascended Mistforged and Hero armours upgradable.

Daisy’s question, as I understood it (but could be wrong), is whether or not changing the stats on Mistforged weapons in the Mystic Forge would make them unupgradable, and whether people should hold off on doing that until there’s more certainty about it.

I still stand by my statement. The original ones that came out we’re basically skins to spend your tournament tickets on. The exotic version having a slight animation difference.

I have not compared the exotic to Ascended yet to see if it offers anything more making it worthwhile to purchase or it’s just another way to get a weapon instead of hoping for a chest drop that has stats you don’t want.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Around 2 months ye. Around 4 hours per week in a semi decent group.

And that’s why Raid armor is easy mode legendary……….

Unlike the wvw armor the pve one require the basic iq check to obtain.

I’d argue that getting WvW legendary armor requires more iq that buying yourself a way to be carried througth some raids…..

at least when we are talking in anyhow sensible timeframe – cause even if one is dumbest person ever, if he throws years of time into getting “legendary” piece I’d say he deserves it…..

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I reforged my pvp armor because I choose the wrong stats now you are telling me that it will be upgradeable to legendary but only if you didn’t reforge?

That is truly kittenty.

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve reforged probably 1.5 sets of ardent glorious into standard ascended armor. I cried a little as I was making the recipes for the PvP versions.

Unfortunately, when you mystic forge an item, you’re getting a completely new item. The system doesn’t know that the new ascended piece used to be something else.

Im Depressed as heck because i did the same, however can i ask a question?
The system may not know what the item was before however ANET will know exactly how many ascended shards an account made and how much they spent. Then they can do an inventory check on the account and see that items are missing. Why cant the items be replaced in exchange for taking the ascended items the player said he/she reforged?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I’d argue that getting WvW legendary armor requires more iq that buying yourself a way to be carried througth some raids…..

at least when we are talking in anyhow sensible timeframe – cause even if one is dumbest person ever, if he throws years of time into getting “legendary” piece I’d say he deserves it…..

Yeah but dedication doesnt mean skill required. Yes someone can buy the whole lwgendary armor but that will take him an EXTREME amount of gold.

Iirc there are some special spots in squads that you can share the squad’s participation without being near . So in theory you could buy the wvw system as well.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Except you know when you pay to be carried through a raid.

Yeah but dedication doesnt mean skill required.

Raiding doesn’t require a high amount of skill. It just requires knowing your rotation and the bosses mechanics.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Lord Trejgon.2809

Yeah but dedication doesnt mean skill required. Yes someone can buy the whole lwgendary armor but that will take him an EXTREME amount of gold.

Iirc there are some special spots in squads that you can share the squad’s participation without being near . So in theory you could buy the wvw system as well.

I am not sure if I am up to date with WvW squad stuff, but last time I have heard on those AN was considering giving commander a tools to give participation to people who would otherwise get none – like scouts – very important job, but gets 0 participation generated.

but then hey it basically boils down to same amount of effort put into whichever of these – apart from raiders getting shiny skins from it and being able to get it in much shorter timeframe due to less actuall timegating.

if I were to make a complaint in regard to ways to obtain legendary armor it would be teh fact that for any legendary weapon – or trinket with recent realeases you have to put considerabel effort in all branches of the game – PvE, sPvP and WvW. while the only legendary armor available in the game comes as far as I know – purely from raids if someone asked me it should get similar requirement of playing everything to obtain – in which case the separate functionality of WvW-obtainable-only would be something weird and maybe to complain about – but with precedence of raiding-only leggie? and all those shiny features? and official announcement that for the moment being they do not plan on developing more of legendary armors? with these I’d even expect a fractal only and dungeon only sets of “legendary in name, rarity and fuctionality but no shiny visuals” legendary armors – not only WvW and sPvP variants.

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Except you know when you pay to be carried through a raid.

Yeah but dedication doesnt mean skill required.

Raiding doesn’t require a high amount of skill. It just requires knowing your rotation and the bosses mechanics.

Thats as high as it gets in this game sadly.

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Ermagerd? Is the sky actually falling?

Or…

Should we just wait and see before anarchy?

CCCP….

in WvW

morrolan.9608

So what is the cost to upgrade the wvw armor to legendary?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Solori.6025

Full set (not including the precursor) is 6570tickets (roughly) and about 700g
and is also not including the other gifts, so….
assuming we get a weekly cap of 350 ( because that would be logical)
it’s 18 weeks
just for one set of gifts
So probably looking at about 8-9 months maybe of grinding WvW

(edited by Solori.6025)

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

22 weeks if you need the T2 armor is the minimum. Raid armor takes 12 weeks.

If you want T3 armor it takes 29 weeks, plus bring rank 2000.

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Then this needs to change. Anet said themselves they wanted the WvW legendary armor to match the acquisition time for raid legendary armor.

This is just another reason to remove the weekly ticket cap in WvW.

in WvW

Hesacon.8735

Then this needs to change. Anet said themselves they wanted the WvW legendary armor to match the acquisition time for raid legendary armor.

There’s good reason to have some weekly cap, otherwise people would burn out.

But to match raids, the cost of the legendary item that takes skirmish tickets would need to reduced to about 600 from 1095.

in WvW

Posted by: Poc.5712

Poc.5712

Anyone figure out the recipe for the PVP ascended armor upgrade?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

McKenna needs to address this since she said explicitly that they want the acquisition times to be similar. Was she mistaken or…………

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Mods deleted my post pointing out you need HoT to use stat switching for the WvW armor, which is beyond dumb as WvW has nothing to do with HoT and getting that armor has nothing to do with HoT.

in WvW

Posted by: bubby.9342

bubby.9342

Wvw people please chill , the legendary armor acquisition via Wvw is faster than spvp
Spvp needs 300 tickets and 3k ascshards of glory
Unlike Wvw we cant get tickets every week its just 100 tickets per season so it takes 3 seasons for full set for us ( this doesn’t include the precursor armor)
3 seasons = nearly 7 months and the off season duration is at about 4 months
So its nearly a year of wait to get legendary armor via PvP

(edited by bubby.9342)

in WvW

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Wvw people please chill , the legendary armor acquisition via Wvw is faster than spvp
Unlike Wvw we cant get tickets every week its just 100 tickets per season so it takes 3 seasons for full set for us ( this doesn’t include the precursor armor)

Except there’s no weekly cap on Ascended Shards and you get 100 shards on every 6th repeatable Byzantium chest.

We just have to deal with no active season and the uncertainty of when it’ll start back up.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

What was that super high horse thing that wvwers told the rest of the game when it came to wanting rewards in a reasonable amount of time? Oh that’s right… just play the game mode for the mode itself and ignore rewards and you’ll get it some day.

in WvW

Posted by: bubby.9342

bubby.9342

Except there’s no weekly cap on Ascended Shards and you get 100 shards on every 6th repeatable Byzantium chest.

We just have to deal with no active season and the uncertainty of when it’ll start back up.

I have already replied in other post but just want others to know ascended shards of glory isn’t the problem its the league tickets which are capped at 100 so its quite slow ( approx 11 months ) for full set via pvp

in WvW

Hesacon.8735

I thought I might mix and match and make some pieces in spvp and others in wvw. Then I realized I’m way too low on the currency for either.

in WvW

Lord Trejgon.2809

What was that super high horse thing that wvwers told the rest of the game when it came to wanting rewards in a reasonable amount of time? Oh that’s right… just play the game mode for the mode itself and ignore rewards and you’ll get it some day.

there was no such thing – there was just a lot of super-high-horse raiders telling WvWers and PvPers that they do no deserve having own legendary armor.

unless you mean also those WvW guys who were shouting up people who were complaining about stuff bing too hard to obtain… there were few of those.

personally for me it was long term goal all the way since announcement so it’s not like it matters all the great deal for me that it will take crapload of time….

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

there was no such thing – there was just a lot of super-high-horse raiders telling WvWers and PvPers that they do no deserve having own legendary armor.

unless you mean also those WvW guys who were shouting up people who were complaining about stuff bing too hard to obtain… there were few of those.

personally for me it was long term goal all the way since announcement so it’s not like it matters all the great deal for me that it will take crapload of time….

It’s the 2nd one you mentioned. There were a lot of them.

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

It doesn’t matter if pvp or wvw has it worse. They are both extreme grinds made worse by time gating. Anet should look at both of them.

As a pvper, I can accept the grind. But give me the opportunity to do it!!! The season ended a few days after they announced pvp was getting legendary armor and a day before it was implemented. This gave no time for anyone to put work into this. I had pvp tickets from partipating in seasons 1-3, but not enough and no ascended shards because that was implemented in season 5. So I came back to the game recently and decided to do some PvE stuff I missed. The announcement made me divert attention back to pvp and I grinded season 7 as much as I could, but that was only a few days. Now I got to wait for maybe 2 months just so I can have the privilege of grinding again lol.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: GWStunnerz.9507

GWStunnerz.9507

Does it have to be the ardent glorious etc or just any ascended armor, because I got most of my ascended armor though pvp but I ended up changing alot of the stats so now its the original armor, I wouldve never changed them though if I knew we could upgrade them more

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

Meh, I’d been slowly but surely saving tickets since they came out in May, trying to decide what I wanted to work on first backpack or armor. Still trying to decide, but then I gave 200 tickets to the catmanders. Still nt sure what I want to focus on first, the rewards will come when they come.

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Lord Trejgon.2809

Does it have to be the ardent glorious etc or just any ascended armor, because I got most of my ascended armor though pvp but I ended up changing alot of the stats so now its the original armor, I wouldve never changed them though if I knew we could upgrade them more

only the ones listed [ardent glorious and one other, but I’m not spending nearly enougth time in sPvP to remember proper two names] if you were swapping stats via mystic forge it does no longer count

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

For pvp, only the ardent glorious and glorious heroes can be upgraded. The latter is for the top players that win tournaments so 99.99% of players can only hope to get the former. Unfortunately, there’s nothing you can do now other than grinding out another ardent set or getting the wvw or raid ones.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Malakei.9503

Malakei.9503

I am extremely disappointed that it has no new skin.
It feels like achieving nothing, nothing where other people can see “heey that guy is a real PvP player”.
I just wonder why PvE players get cool stuff in doing what they love but PvP players dont.
kitten i’d even just be happy if it had a kittenty effect on it just something that shows status

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

kitten i’d even just be happy if it had a kittenty effect on it just something that shows status

This is why I want unique server-based WvW armour. (Different set for each server, 6+ months to get).

If you feel this way about one mode of the game (being acknowledged for WvW), think what you’d do for a complete set that identifies who you play for.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

I am extremely disappointed that it has no new skin.
It feels like achieving nothing, nothing where other people can see “heey that guy is a real PvP player”.
I just wonder why PvE players get cool stuff in doing what they love but PvP players dont.

T3 mistforged gear answers those issues. I’ll never get it myself but that’s a good status symbol for wvw. I just wish wvwers could dye the flowing wing parts of it from something other than blue.