WvW new borderlands stresstest

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

Q:

I see the WvW stresstest will be hold on 9th July, which is awsome. But I also see “This test will be conducted on a special server with limited space and will be by special invitation only”.

I have prepurchased Heart of Thorns where I get access for all beta material. So can I expect I can participate in the stresstest?

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

A:

It’s by special invite only.

So invitations will be limited. At one time they said they would tell us how to try for an invite but I dont know if that still stands.

In any case I am excited! What a great way to end a silent week! Can’t wait for Charr cycles.

in WvW

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Nope, pre-purchasing HoT won’t grant you a place in this stress tests.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I seriously hope so because that’s the only reason I per-ordered it.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Smart Anet changing around names however they like

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

the wvw was annoced a bit ago by wanting to invite active wvw people to beta stress something. What that means, who knows, but HOT, gets you into the beta weekends, also which, who knows what that means, lol.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Pre-purchasing HoT gives access to all Beta Weekend Events. Beta Weekend Events is not the same as stress tests, nor is it the same as every single beta test ever.

A stress test like this would be completely pointless if there could potentially be millions of players logging in at once, since the server would die before any sort of useful data could be collected.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

A stress test like this would be completely pointless if there could potentially be millions of players logging in at once, since the server would die before any sort of useful data could be collected.

That’s what EOTM is for, it can hold millions… kappa

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

That’s what EOTM is for, it can hold millions… kappa

But this specific test is specifically for the new map.
No other maps will be available. There will be one single map available that people will run around on. And only a single version at that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

Considering the unplayable lag t1 servers experience atm in large scale battles, I’m failing to see the point of an exclusive stress test. We already know there is a problem, theres been a problem for 3 kittening years.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Considering the unplayable lag t1 servers experience atm in large scale battles, I’m failing to see the point of an exclusive stress test. We already know there is a problem, theres been a problem for 3 kittening years.

They still need to know how many people they can stuff into the map so that the amount of lag stays within acceptable bounds.

It’s just that their idea of “within acceptable bounds” is extremely broad (to put it lightly).

in WvW

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

I suppose 5 second skill lag is better than 10 right?

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I’m not too worried about a “special group” doing a stress test which usually only amounts to logging in in mass at one location.

Its when the “special friends” are picked for testing and roll out tragic wrecks because they are not really bug hunters or number crunchers that’s a problem.

I also hope that actual WvW focused players helped with the map choice rather than those that don’t really do much WvW.

If not we’re going to be having a talk about “special friends” next…….

(edited by Kamara.4187)

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

It;s really cool all these tests are for NA players.. ok, it’s even invite only (well, lol.. I guess a STRESS test would involve some stress.. I mean LOTS of players..), but then again it’s starting like 2AM in Europe

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

It;s really cool all these tests are for NA players.. ok, it’s even invite only (well, lol.. I guess a STRESS test would involve some stress.. I mean LOTS of players..), but then again it’s starting like 2AM in Europe

Because, believe it or not, ArenaNet actually want to gather information from the test.
Something that is much easier to do if you are actually at the office at the time.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

I’m not too worried about a “special group” doing a stress test which usually only amounts to logging in in mass at one location.

Its when the “special friends” are picked for testing and roll out tragic wrecks because they are not really bug hunters or number crunchers that’s a problem.

I also hope that actual WvW focused players helped with the map choice rather than those that don’t really do much WvW.

If not we’re going to be having a talk about “special friends” next…….

They mention this back a bit ago, that they are choosing from active WVW players, though, what means "active’ who knows. Also we do not know if any choices been made yet.

in WvW

Posted by: splatticus.1278

splatticus.1278

“Active WvW player” in Anet terms is probably anyone who’s made it to around rank 300 since launch. I think we all know how casual-minded Anet is in these situations.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

So it’s for US based players only? Ok guys do your best and make us proud

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

who said it’s only for US player’s?

Any reasons for that except that most anet servers are on US?

Stress test MUSt include all region players to see the differences.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

“Active WvW player” in Anet terms is probably anyone who’s made it to around rank 300 since launch. I think we all know how casual-minded Anet is in these situations.

I bet they take all the active “WvW” players that are 24/7 eotm farming.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I see the WvW stresstest will be hold on 9th July, which is awsome. But I also see “This test will be conducted on a special server with limited space and will be by special invitation only”.

I have prepurchased Heart of Thorns where I get access for all beta material. So can I expect I can participate in the stresstest?

Stress test is usually shorter and they may even try to crash the server for performance diagnostics, so all in all u wouldnt/shouldnt expect much out of it as u could from a beta. On the other hand, the new borderlands are not tied to the expansion, so the hot beta deal isnt regarding wvw testing.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore