WvW on Aurora Glade

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Yunjii Sun.3512

Yunjii Sun.3512

Hello everyone,

We’ve been outnumbered on Aurora Glade for a week now.

What’s happening? Were are all the usual WvW players?

“We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Aurora glade is the 15th place server in EU, last place, most likely has the least amount of players and coverage. You’re currently facing a server two tiers higher than you, maybe players are on a break.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: ostpanzer.1475

ostpanzer.1475

I am at AG 4 years now from beta and i will solve your question:
1st all major wvw guilds left the server
2nd servers that AG is linked are low population or when ppl see that they linked with Ag they transfer to higher populated server
Last night we were 34 ppl in 4 maps ,how i know it?I was tagged up and asked for ppl to join….prime time 15 tick for 2 hours lol
Bottom line : WvW on AG is dead you better move to more polulated server

(edited by ostpanzer.1475)

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

The real problem is that HoT nuked the WvW population as many don’t enjoy the power creep the expansion brought, the desert borderlands a lot of people hated and then after all that they linked many smaller servers. This means the WvW population across the board has shrunk massively, we used to have 27 servers and while at the bottom it wasn’t that busy 2/3rds of the servers had more activity than T1 has now.

We are now down to 15 servers and some of those are worse than bronze ever was so I don’t think I’d be too far off the mark saying population has shrunk anything from 50% to 75% of what it was.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: glass.3245

glass.3245

From GH here (paired with ROF).

Your players’ builds are very squishy on the whole, I imagine it’s a bit demoralising when they get stomped by a party much smaller than theirs. AM are condi blobbing and tend to focus on you because you’re the easier target.

Speak to your guilds about doing some proper work on your WvW builds, get them all on TS, stay tight together and keep your head up. AM aren’t good, they are just a bit blobby, you can still turn this week around.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

ostpanzer.1475

Your players’ builds are very squishy on the whole, I imagine it’s a bit demoralising when they get stomped by a party much smaller than theirs. AM are condi blobbing and tend to focus on you because you’re the easier target.

Speak to your guilds about doing some proper work on your WvW builds, get them all on TS, stay tight together and keep your head up. AM aren’t good, they are just a bit blobby, you can still turn this week around.

Maybe you didnt understand what i have write above :
there is no wvw guild on AG exept from III and they have top 25 ppl and they dont raiding everyday so builds and armors and whatever u say needs ppl .
We lost stoic keep t3 this afternoon 30 vs 10 from 4 maps .the10 was from 4 maps and RoF has 30 with 6-7 omegas a 2nd guild [FiRE]~15 to guard the fire keepand we was 10,i am running a full wup wup armor as commander and so what?
At peak time both servers will be blobbing at Ag ,i ma not going to be on wvw for this reason ,no fun,maybe i roam at AM map for fun (flipping camps) Ag its all urs if u like to play in empty map
I suggest ANET to close AG and linked it with other servers.Thats my opinion.
Soon the only thing you can kill on Ag will be rabbits and stags XD

(edited by ostpanzer.1475)

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

ostpanzer.1475

The real problem is that HoT nuked the WvW population as many don’t enjoy the power creep the expansion brought, the desert borderlands a lot of people hated and then after all that they linked many smaller servers. This means the WvW population across the board has shrunk massively, we used to have 27 servers and while at the bottom it wasn’t that busy 2/3rds of the servers had more activity than T1 has now.

We are now down to 15 servers and some of those are worse than bronze ever was so I don’t think I’d be too far off the mark saying population has shrunk anything from 50% to 75% of what it was.

true thati agree

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I can’t say what I truly think of FIRE but to put it one way I’ve seen warthogs be more of a challenge in WvW than that guild. Literally wiped 15 of them with 5, they will accept anyone and everyone.

The issue I guess would be getting 5 people to run decent builds and comp to kill them, I usually ran support tempest with a scrapper or two, DD ele and a dragonhunter/warrior. You can pick them apart and your warrior can down and cleave 3 or 4 at a time, engy and ele invuln stomp and repeat till dead. Let the randoms repair the gates to prevent them coming back.

The key is to always move the fight away from the golems and don’t focus them, they are big HP sponges but slow and do relatively little damage to the lord.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

Things like this does make me wonder if the NA system of bandwagoning or stacking is better or not…

Because in NA, there is always the chance someone goes on a power trip, transfers to a low tier server and starts buying guilds left and right until the server floats up several tiers, then implodes but retains enough people to maybe stay a tier above where it was before it all happened.

EU doesn’t have that culture, though, so there is absolutely no incentive for anyone to transfer into Aurora Glade, regardless of whether it’s money or fights. In NA, you can use both as carrots, but in EU it’s the latter. So there’s just a straight up downwards spiral.

What’s AG like in daytime rather than primetime? I’d expect less population, but is it that there are no guilds or drivers and so people don’t come out to play?

(edited by Namer.9750)

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

ostpanzer.1475

Things like this does make me wonder if the NA system of bandwagoning or stacking is better or not…

Because in NA, there is always the chance someone goes on a power trip, transfers to a low tier server and starts buying guilds left and right until the server floats up several tiers, then implodes but retains enough people to maybe stay a tier above where it was before it all happened.

EU doesn’t have that culture, though, so there is absolutely no incentive for anyone to transfer into Aurora Glade, regardless of whether it’s money or fights. In NA, you can use both as carrots, but in EU it’s the latter. So there’s just a straight up downwards spiral.

What’s AG like in daytime rather than primetime? I’d expect less population, but is it that there are no guilds or drivers and so people don’t come out to play?

Coz i have a lot free time and play only wvw at daytime its about 10-20 (non wvwers) at 4 maps (AG,ENBL,ENBL,EB) and prime time about 30-40(mostly PvErs that thye come to wvw for dailys and gift of battle ) with me there is only 1 more pug commander,so the cover its only for 1 map mostly homeborder for 5-6 hours,did i mension that we have linked with us other 2 servers (Aurora Glade / Ruins of Surmia / Fissure of Woe)?
You can imagine how the population is to other 2 servers …..

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Here are your options:
1. Transfer
2. Wait for next Server-Linking

I really marvel at the audacity of the people saying things like “you need to run proper wvw builds” or “try to organize and get all people in one zerg”… stop being so god kitten constructive you fools. That Sever-triple is dead and nothing short of a mass transfer or new server-linking can improve WvW experience for the people down there. I’m sorry but that is how the system always has been – bottom of the barrel gets abandoned because people can’t stand losing in the long run. If you compare the transfers into higher tier servers to the transfers to lower tier servers you probably get a ratio like 50:1.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Helys Vikonas.9125

Helys Vikonas.9125

I scouted and roamed for most of the afternoon while the aforementionned reseting of all our T3 keeps by ROF took place, can’t say I saw more than a dozen AG players at once, except for a single push with a small-sized zerg and our commander (see above) at one point. Later, when the golem rush took place, ROF was already at inner when we had gathered 10 people to defend. Yet we had scouting and fighting tags up for most of that time.
As for guilds, we lost nearly every single guild during the last few months. Haven’t seen consistent guild presence except for XIII and III in the evenings.
In contrast, I saw at least two ROF guilds running around, and one smaller AM guild (AM seemed to avoid the map because of ROF too, or maybe they were just too busy at home).

Overall, this situation isn’t really surprising, and reminds me a lot of the old T8-9 vicious circle: After a few losses, the population sinks, guilds leave, the remaining players get zerged into oblivion over and over when faced with higher numbers, and the server looses again and again. No wonder people loose their movitation and transfer.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

I do a fair bit of roaming on AG and everything was fine until a couple weeks ago, however something has changed and the population mismatch is noticeable. Re your get gud comments, strange because a group of 15 held off a force of about 40 at our EB garrison for over an hour of attacking last night before they gave up, I must surely assume they have crap builds too and are only good when they blob right?

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Overall, this situation isn’t really surprising, and reminds me a lot of the old T8-9 vicious circle: After a few losses, the population sinks, guilds leave, the remaining players get zerged into oblivion over and over when faced with higher numbers, and the server looses again and again. No wonder people loose their movitation and transfer.

Yeah it’s a bit of a snowball effect. My server has been through the same as your server and demotivation hits fast and hard but it will pick up again, just have to ride it through and it may take a few weeks before it starts to recover again. What tends to keep the server alive is the few that stay and and fight it out trying to motivate who is left and the ocassional newer players that trickle in. If you can ride the storm just do what you can, the only other alternative is to move unfortunately.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Anrkides.4083

Anrkides.4083

linkings system kill AG, problem solved

Tethyx The Raider,
Necro Raiders [NR]
Gandarian, WvW player from born to death

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

vesica tempestas.1563

Yeah it’s a bit of a snowball effect. My server has been through the same as your server and demotivation hits fast and hard but it will pick up again, just have to ride it through and it may take a few weeks before it starts to recover again. What tends to keep the server alive is the few that stay and and fight it out trying to motivate who is left and the ocassional newer players that trickle in. If you can ride the storm just do what you can, the only other alternative is to move unfortunately.

+1, tbh with the right state of mind it can actually be a lot of fun playing the massive underdog, sometimes annoying ofc, but deeply satisfying when you stick it to the enemy Good to see the regular commanders still out there, nod of respect to them.

but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

ostpanzer.1475

Tonight we had good fights on EB against RoF we manage to keep our corner and wipe RoF blob 4-5 times (ofc we had thenumbers to do it) but rest of maps was green or blue but we had fun .

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

vesica tempestas.1563

go AG, the toughest most tenacious server in the game

on a different note, i do find the idea of guilds swapping servers to chase the dream deeply annoying, in my eyes having a cause to fight for and loyalty generates the best content.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Malkom.5607

Malkom.5607

Hello everyone,

We’ve been outnumbered on Aurora Glade for a week now.

What’s happening? Were are all the usual WvW players?

Thank you for your post because otherwise I wouldn’t have gone in last night and had a lot of fun – tough fights – but several time we beat their blob and did some great defending. Actually their blob often looked well organized and their AoE effects were devastating to many of us so clearly they have some good leaders and troops.

I’m a guilty one because a while back the AG server looked good so I opened up a free account on NA server Anvil Rock as I wanted a challenge – they are bottom. Ironically they are teamed with Jade Quarry so still not with the underdogs. I was also fed up with the many guild-only tags with lots of dueling so tried a change.

I’m Fissure of Woe and when teamed with AG it looked as if our population was healthy. However, there are 17 people on my ‘friends’ list yet most of them I rarely see log on – perhaps they have gone to different servers with new accounts or their lives have changed. Some JQ members were saying a well known commander has just returned from Elder Scrolls Online where they were doing that version of WvW – perhaps the same with other servers.

Last night when I left for bed we had just been defeated at the Lord in SM for the second time – was a very close call and perhaps a few more troops would have enabled a win. I got the impression that our commander and others were happy with the fights last night – I was.
By the way, a couple of year back FoW was the underdogs against Underworld and Blacktide – our numbers were low and they often farmed us. However we had some commanders who did hit-and-run and frequent map changes – hard work but could change the color of the map and keep the enemy guessing. Of course the Desert BL complexities now put many players off.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Last night it was good with AG fights (RoF here). At least RoF was busy in other borderlands so EB was not the main goal. We pugs fought some nice battles and lost some good ones. But still, it is sad to see AG in this situation. It was my favourite team up server (no disrespect to GH, we were already frenemies for a long time )

People in AG were (when we teamed up) kind, supportive, and jolly. True, their wvw tactics and play were not that good, but neither ours. So we lost together while having fun. Server merging should be permanent, and should be made “carefully”. What we have now is idiotic. One day it is your best pal, next day your sworn enemy.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Elf Lord.8962

Elf Lord.8962

ANET is releasing large amounts of new time consuming content – rapidly. With the time I have available to play, I have not had time to touch the most of it. In the process they spreading the players out over an ever increasing area. Result is that the population is being spread thinner and thinner.

On AG in WvW you are either outnumbered or blobbed to death. Since the server linking started. We have only had a single decent linking, the rest have been busts/duds.

As a result the majority of WvW guilds have departed the server, resulting in a massive drain of experienced WvW players. What remains in WvW are mostly players, with low to medium WXP ranking, and thus low and often poor use of mastery points. Few of the players are highly skilled.

So either we get some guilds to come to AG, or we ride out the storm and slowly rebuild our skill base and guilds.

That is how I see the cookie crumbling – no easy task either way.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

the general issue is always the same…
POPULATION BALANCED also known as: have relatively “fair” fights – chance of winning and loosing.

result:

a) numbers (have 20-50 ppl in every map) blobbing – and no chance at all of beeing competitive in 10… singular or not singular skills… numbers always wins. simple and easy.
b) Hot: not only in singular classes or unbalance in general of power creep or condi classes and spam. no, even the simple stupid shield generator.
20-50 ppl need to build 2 shield generators to protect 2 catas on a t3 keep defended by 5 max 10 ppl? its a joke…. really…

so this linking system just shows up the limit as always.

same limits as tier 8-9 where Fow or Underworld or Vabbi or Whiteside ridge etc had better moments as not much better moments.
so sometimes was 30 ppl (wow!) vs 5-10 not more
same issue as now… POPULATION BALANCE and COMPETITIVE FIGHTS.

30 vs 10 isnt competitive.
50 vs 20 isnt competitive.

30 vs 25 is competitive.
60 vs 50 is competitive.

5 vs 3 or 5 vs 7 is competitive not 5 vs 1 etc etc etc

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Suljo.6310

Suljo.6310

I suggest that Anet finally eliminates Tier 5 and merges all servers that are rest and make this game mode enjoyable for all that have been loyal to this game for 4+ years and STILL play it every single day. That is the least they can do for ‘population balance’ since server linkings have done nothing, because bandwagoners (I have been forced to become one too) will always move to a high tier server and overstack one server for the period of one linking. It is always the same, and if Anet had time to actually LOOK into what is happening in their game, they would know and maybe fix it. Highly unlikely tho, so hope for a better linking and not to be the main server …

Or just bandwagon like the most …

[BAKA]

(edited by Suljo.6310)

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Elf Lord.8962

ANET do not know what they want to do with the WvW mode of GW2. We had 2x "Tournaments " which despite their flaws and issues, where good for WvW. Then nothing, then Desert Maps, which flopped spectacularly. Then shield generators – which are not good or bad, just meh – so what. Seems they have no plan or direction with how they want to handle the WvW part of the game going forward.

As a result – we are where we are now – WvW part of game dying.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Elf Lord.8962

I suggest that Anet finally eliminates Tier 5 and merges all servers that are rest and make this game mode enjoyable for all that have been loyal to this game for 4+ years and STILL play it every single day. That is they least the can do for ‘population balance’ since server linkings have done nothing, because bandwagoners (I have been forced to become one too) will always move to a high tier server and overstack one server for the period of one linking. It is always the same, and if Anet had time to actually LOOK into what is happening in their game, they would know and maybe fix it. Highly unlikely tho, so hope for a better linking and not to be the main server …

Or just bandwagon like the most …

Problem with bandwagoning is it cost the player an unreasonable amount of gems each time – I will not pay that price – just to bandwagon. I would rather just stop playing the game altogether.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Kir Sakar.3647

Kir Sakar.3647

People in AG were (when we teamed up) kind, supportive, and jolly. True, their wvw tactics and play were not that good, but neither ours. So we lost together while having fun. Server merging should be permanent, and should be made “carefully”. What we have now is idiotic. One day it is your best pal, next day your sworn enemy.

Yeah, I agree. I have always been on Blacktide and since I started playing WvW (maybe 6 months ago) we have been linked to Aurora Glade, Gunnars Hold and now Piken Square. Even though I enjoy playing with all of them, it makes feeling loyality and caring about the outcome of the match more difficult. I wish they stopped the relinking or at least make it far less frequent.

But there is also some responsibilty with the players. I only play very casually, but even then I witnessed “fair-weather” play (people only logging in when we were winning) and odd shifts in population from one month to the other, especially at night time. There is no way ANet can change that people cherry-pick.

Charr Chronomancer | Asura Tempest | Charr Druid | Charr Guardian
(Seafarer’s Rest, EU)

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

It’s interesting to get perspectives on AG from both current and former players, because I’m actually looking to transfer in, and while it’s a little disheartening, it also makes me think of the line that says once you hit rock bottom, the only way left to go is back up.

That said, I don’t bring anything much: just a single, somewhat experienced fighty daytime driver who can drive ppt from dawn to dusk if needed

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Elf Lord.8962

Yeah, I agree. I have always been on Blacktide and since I started playing WvW (maybe 6 months ago) we have been linked to Aurora Glade, Gunnars Hold and now Piken Square. Even though I enjoy playing with all of them, it makes feeling loyality and caring about the outcome of the match more difficult. I wish they stopped the relinking or at least make it far less frequent.

But there is also some responsibility with the players. I only play very casually, but even then I witnessed “fair-weather” play (people only logging in when we were winning) and odd shifts in population from one month to the other, especially at night time. There is no way ANet can change that people cherry-pick.

This is why good server matching and balancing is imperative, to the growth and health of the WvW game mode. Then the opportunities for cherry picking will be almost non existent.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Kir Sakar.3647

Kir Sakar.3647

This is why good server matching and balancing is imperative, to the growth and health of the WvW game mode. Then the opportunities for cherry picking will be almost non existent.

Maybe I miss something, but how are they supposed to do that without simultaneously shutting down all transfer between servers?

Because the best population balance is wasted if just one very active guild transfers from one server to the opposing one after balancing.

Charr Chronomancer | Asura Tempest | Charr Druid | Charr Guardian
(Seafarer’s Rest, EU)

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

ostpanzer.1475

5 hours of pug commanding today…..
We manage to have a decent zerg (25ppl) at 20:00 cet and decided to push AM BL we got their bay ..same time we lost everything at AG from RoF,later(peak time) 4 rof guilds(50+ ppl) just roam the AG bl … we left for EB…Rof blob there…..
New linking at 28th……..29th new bandwagoners from AG…30th same as now….
we really need ppl on AG

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Long story short is:
AG had its chance to stay alive. It was linked with Blacktide 4 months ago and hundreds of WvW players transferred to blacktide to make ag t1 the dream come true. The transfers were able to get AG to rank 7 however there wasnt a single native AG commander tagging up. They did PPT before linking, they did after it, but not during it (only during primetime). Obviously server cant climb rankings a lot without all community helping so after the linking was over, no1 had any interest in AG anymore, even AG locals. (all fighting servers were in t1)

Anyways AG guilds and WvW players got a glimpse of real WvW during it, so they decided after to leave half-dead AG leaving it dead (CA, bzz).

My prediction will be that AG will be linked server like Gunnars Hold now in the next linking.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Elf Lord.8962

Maybe I miss something, but how are they supposed to do that without simultaneously shutting down all transfer between servers?

Because the best population balance is wasted if just one very active guild transfers from one server to the opposing one after balancing.

Basically it is called active population management – something that ANET are not doing.

Firstly, make server transfers free, the first 6 months are going to be hell, till the folks realize, that the old story of, “The grass is greener on the other side of the fence, simply because there is more kitten, that side of the fence”, then ANET, can make these transfers only possible once every 9 months, i.e. “onerous” “tedious” whatever, and thus have consequences that mean something.

So if you transfer to a server, and it is not what you thought, then you cannot, transfer back, a week later, simply by buying gems with your weeks, booze allowance, and be back “home” again.

That sort of thing …

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Elf Lord.8962

5 hours of pug commanding today…..
We manage to have a decent zerg (25ppl) at 20:00 cet and decided to push AM BL we got their bay ..same time we lost everything at AG from RoF,later(peak time) 4 rof guilds(50+ ppl) just roam the AG bl … we left for EB…Rof blob there…..
New linking at 28th……..29th new bandwagoners from AG…30th same as now….
we really need ppl on AG

True, but the players can also start communicating better, and playing more efficiently. For example late afternoon -early evening, there are 15 or so people on EB, but no information in Map Chat, no movement reports, nothing, so the players are at odds, on what to do, – , 1 guy building Cata at Mendons, 2x building a RAM at Ogres, and another 1 guy building a RAM at Anza. that is not efficient. No reports on enemy movement “2x AM going Pangloss” or 5x RoF just exited Dredge for Speldan"

Nada, Nothing, just silence, and then you put in Map Chat, and Chat, “Wall open Mendons” – you lucky if 2x people respond.

Not going to win the war granted, but it will improve the gaming experience for all … , unless I am missing the boat completely.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Elf Lord.8962

Said earlier I am going to leave the game, not just WvW that is dying – take a look at the Shatterer event – not seen a Smash the Dragon, this year yet, my Son and Foster Son both need it for the back piece – PvE is also dying.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Said earlier I am going to leave the game, not just WvW that is dying – take a look at the Shatterer event – not seen a Smash the Dragon, this year yet, my Son and Foster Son both need it for the back piece – PvE is also dying.

Thats not really PvE dying due to old age though, Anet tuned Shatterer to the max and then decided it was too weak so they tuned it some more. Its a raid boss dps race with critical regeneration events that require 100+ players knowing exactly what to do.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Elf Lord.8962

The point is ANET have made it a dead event, just as they are with WvW – they can make changes to make it achievable again – same as they can make changes to WvW to make it viable again.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Elf Lord.8962

A Prediction :

Within the next 9 – 12 months we will have a 9 server WvW model.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: FOKOZUYNEN.8206

FOKOZUYNEN.8206

here come the Dev that will ban your thread for Matchup Discussion.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

ostpanzer.1475

yay! last night we manage to have que on EB

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Elf Lord.8962

yay! last night we manage to have que on EB

And I missed it due to a massive headache – very sad.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Elf Lord.8962

here come the Dev that will ban your thread for Matchup Discussion.

What, must this Old Gamer load CS:GO, and see how I fair against the competion (youngsters) in the upcoming new Tournament – probably to slow, but probably can still give them a run for the money …

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Wevie.8972

Wevie.8972

I have been on AG for years and primarily wvw’d. It’s been through a lot of changes like all servers.

I think things went mostly downhill this year though, and the beginning of the year when servers were relinked, I heard something about a server we were paired with, had a big wvw guild that left right after the relinking; basically skewing the servers and putting our relinking at a disadvantage.

I dont know the full story though so I could be totally wrong. But over the last 2/3 months, most of the wvw guilds left, with CA being the last guild to leave a few weeks ago. It is a big shame, but it happens as we’ve seen with other servers.

I have to say, all the regulars who still play on AG are great, including XII and III, and Cormac. It’s been a tough few months but hoping the relinking will start a new chapter for AG.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Immagichu.6973

Immagichu.6973

lets invite guilds from populated servers to join AG and promise them cookies, free repairs, welfare and old age pensions

If we go through the valley the Immagitchu is gonna get us!

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

ostpanzer.1475

Long story short is:
AG had its chance to stay alive. It was linked with Blacktide 4 months ago and hundreds of WvW players transferred to blacktide to make ag t1 the dream come true. The transfers were able to get AG to rank 7 however there wasnt a single native AG commander tagging up. They did PPT before linking, they did after it, but not during it (only during primetime). Obviously server cant climb rankings a lot without all community helping so after the linking was over, no1 had any interest in AG anymore, even AG locals. (all fighting servers were in t1)

Anyways AG guilds and WvW players got a glimpse of real WvW during it, so they decided after to leave half-dead AG leaving it dead (CA, bzz).

My prediction will be that AG will be linked server like Gunnars Hold now in the next linking.

I was there from the 1st day that BT joined the AG,even i welcomed the BT in EB and their commanders(basically 1 ) and here how it went.AG is s…,no one at tag,and whinning all day the 1st day.2nd day the only commander i saw from BT was again the same person that before starting commanding started to say how awful AG is.3rd day they transfer so…..in my PoV i dint see a server that wanted to help i saw whiners and leavers,even when i tag up they were toxic .I hope we never be linked with these guys
again

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I’ve always been on AG. I’m a casual WvW’er because of other ingame stuff I like to do, but also the amount of time I can play now.
It’s been very quiet in WvW. It’s rare to have something of a zerg in EBG (flipping paper of course), but as I enjoy just roaming, flipping home objectives, assisting in upgrading/seiging/defending and repairing structures and calling out for defense, it’s difficult to get the help. Most mornings I can play our fire/air keeps atleast had been captured. If not 80% of the rest of the map.
One time our Fire keep was 15 yaks from t3, under attack from a group of about 8. I can’t defend against that on my lonesome so called in team for a bit of help. 3 people turned up. We successfully defended with a bit of strategy and cunning, but it could have easily gone south.

I don’t want to transfer off AG. It is my home. I don’t want to add to the matchup imbalance of transferring to another server. I also want to be able to play with my AG homed guild members that maybe can’t afford to transfer all the time.

It’s really sad we don’t have the numbers anymore, just a few small guilds and countless roamers are left.

Just my two-pennies from an Aurora Glade loyalist. Atleast I still have Edge of The Mists.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Immagichu.6973

Vacancy

1. The Job Title:
Pug Commander

2. The Intro:
Aurora Glades Community is looking for an experienced WvW Commanders to lead the server pugs and its’ linked associates to glory and domination above the overwhelming numbers of enemies.

3. The Company:
Aurora Glades est. October 23, 2015 was once a great server for all kind of wvw gameplay. Currently only combats at CEST evening hours, seeing around 50-60 soldiers at peak times. And with your help it could reach it’s former glory and even more.

4. The Position:
Previous experience of 1-2 years of commanding is a plus
Ability to work under pressure
Fluent English language skills
Ability to do your work alone until more similar positions are filled
What you have to work with: 30 to 50 community members; only 17 have teamspeak; onlt 55% close to tag; just about 10 members than can keep up with the tag movement; ~12% using wvw builds; 8% afk-ers; no melee; no backline support; no siege mastery; 70% not willing to improve

Salary: Daily payments in amount of 10% of pug’s loots.

5. The Location:
Main job locations are Aurora Glades Borderlands (mostly Desert Border) and Eternal Battlegrounds with occasional business trips to enemy borderlands.

6. Why should you apply?
I wonder…

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: len.7809

len.7809

Im a SFR, I feel sorry for you guys. We lack of ppl too, but not that extremely like you…
The Linking System was a bad joke, only the servers that is already high populated (WvW)was benefited.

We are lucky to have 3 wvw guilds and 1 roamming guild.
Wish you luck.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

I’m on AR, and I share the pain and disappointement that can be caused by discutable linkings, and issues coming out of population coverage, considering that we were in your position in the 7 previous matchups. Which makes the whole linking but this week.

I’ve got a guildmate on AG, very active in WvW, and from what I’m discussing with her, you still have things to take pride of : some active guilds, a fair teamwork and sorta organisation (we’re somehow lacking that on AR) and… You defend ! I mean, I can’t go to a camp without having defenders coming. I can’t take a shrine or a camp without having it flipped as soon as the timer goes 0. I praise you for this. In AR, you often see keeps or towers taken and noone cares about camps, dollies and such.

It’s not always easy, nor it is fun, but at least, it’s something you can take pride of.

WvW on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Immagichu.6973

always outnumbered never outgunned
one more thing is than in 1v1v1 they always go against lowest server