WvW population balance

WvW population balance

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

" Population imbalance is a different problem that we are working on solving outside of changing the skirmish score values."

How are ANET working on trying to balance populations at the moment? Could we please have some information upon this ?

WvW population balance

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

They plan on giving you fair weathers participation ribbons or safety pins upon entering eotm. A bonus mug of “Man the **** up” for the special snowflakes.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

WvW population balance

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

They plan on giving you fair weathers participation ribbons or safety pins upon entering eotm. A bonus mug of “Man the **** up” for the special snowflakes.

clearly written by someone who has no idea what they are talking about. You may shove your special snowflake where the sun doesnt shine. WTF is EOTM? if you wanna talk about that place please go to the pve forums where it belongs

WvW population balance

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Get rid of awful server system and make a game that has active team balancing?

JQ subsidiary

WvW population balance

in WvW

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

Get rid of awful server system and make a game that has active team balancing?

Exactly!

They could replace the outnumbered buff with something that prevents outnumbering to begin with…

WvW population balance

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Getting rid of EotM would be a good way to begin with.

Pumpkin – Mag

WvW population balance

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

Its a tough task, how do you control the population when everyone transfers to a winning server, how can they predict what Guilds will do in advance? This is player driven. Maybe limit the amount of times you can transfer in a given time?

Or even the population that only comes out when they winning. Then hides in EotM when it is rough. These are the players that push you higher than you should be then disappear when it happens.

WvW population balance

in WvW

Posted by: Alteros.3019

Alteros.3019

You will never achieve balance if you leave it up to the player base. Period. I, as have many many others, have said that basic human behavior (if given a choice) is to always pick the winning team and all the better if it requires minimal effort. This is where the large, blobbing, and stacked servers came from.

If Anet wants to balance the servers and have any resemblance of a competitive game as opposed to the all too often grossly one-sided match-ups, player populations have to absolutely be a non-factor in the match-up. Just as in PvP, where all equipment and stats are normalized, the same will have to be done with WvW. As in, 10 players will stand on equal power footing with a blob of 50. If Anet wants to de-incentivize blobbing and server stacking, there has to be zero advantage to running as a massive blob in a stacked server.

For those who will undoubtedly complain that WvW is all about large scale combat and massive fights…the point is taken. However, the fact that only a handful of servers can actually field massive numbers (so massive that no amount of skill or gear can compensate) continuously while no matched opponent can has completely devastated the game mode. And after this week’s pairings, should this be a sign of things to come, WvW won’t survive another 6 months.

WvW population balance

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

I say they scrap all servers put a population cap and cut down the amount of servers to help fill it up. Then have server loyalty rewards. Like staying with a server for one month unlocks ascended gloves two months the helmet and so on as the months go buy. Then after six months of staying with that server you can buy any type of ascended gear. If you move servers then you have to restart the process all over again. They should then add after staying with a server for a year you can start working on legendary armor. To prevent pvers from just walking in to reap the rewards since they really don’t care about servers. Anet can make you be a certain lvl in wvw before you can start obtaining then or make it you have to play wvw for a certain amount of hrs.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

WvW population balance

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Our problem is people don’t feel a need to stay on the server this could help fix thst I think.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

WvW population balance

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

I personally will never roleplay loyalty again. It leads to overtime play and burnout, tapping siege and sitting on cannons. Nah casual roaming and callouts good enough for me. Get some fights have some fun and off to bed.

Maybe anet wants me to buy 4 or 5 copies of the game so I can find fights.. nah dead game.

JQ subsidiary